We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

iGoodbye

83optics

[121]Nov 24, 2012
    • level: 6

learned:

* last one: pointy boobs, get a head, sidepacker, frosting, Mama's butt

* Audrey and Socko would make a great invisible couple.

* tuna casserole > corn flakes

* it's not a purse, it's a European handbag.

* green stuff is good, it's slime, this is Nick, right?

* those motorcycle keys are the last symbol for Spam shippers.

* (i)goodbye, everybody, it's been real...

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

teenj12

[122]Nov 24, 2012
    • level: 26
    Anyone feel like the mentions of Audrey was a sign to fans that Spencer might get a stable girlfriend? Too bad we won't ever see it.

loey12886

[123]Nov 24, 2012
    • level: 10
    UnovaChampion wrote:
    I'm not going to love Schilling you weirdo. Love is meaningless if you apply it to every person.

Now then, the iCarly finale got some tears out of me. All the emotional scenes were perfect. I will miss new episodes so much, it certainly is the end of an era for Nick now.

Actually as much as I love this show, the end of Nick's era went down hill after all the 90's Nick shows ended. But if you didn't grow up with the 90's shows on Nick that's understandable

hurr05

[124]Nov 24, 2012

Okay all I have to say is that Nick will never be the same again--EVER. RIP all good shows.

teenj12

[125]Nov 24, 2012

loey12886 wrote:
    UnovaChampion wrote:
    I'm not going to love Schilling you weirdo. Love is meaningless if you apply it to every person. Now then, the iCarly finale got some tears out of me. All the emotional scenes were perfect. I will miss new episodes so much, it certainly is the end of an era for Nick now.
    Actually as much as I love this show, the end of Nick's era went down hill after all the 90's Nick shows ended. But if you didn't grow up with the 90's shows on Nick that's understandable
    What he means is that an era of Nick is now over. Which I consider to be 2009/2010-2012. Tons of shwos are ending or getting the axe. By Fall 2013, I bet Nick will not look the same.

Edited on 11/24/2012 9:20pm

nicknameless101

[126]Nov 25, 2012
    • level: 25

It was, perhaps, one of the best episodes. Like some of you, I liked the references to past episodes, especially the one to the firstepisode in which Carly mentions Ms. Briggs' pointy boobs. I still love that joke. X) The motorcycle, head, and weasel bits were pretty funny. I felt bad for Freddie when people made fun of his phone and phone case. I thought they were kind of cool. I wished the head salesman didn't interrupt when Freddie was about to reveal why he sometimes says Spanish phrases. Seriously, the motorcycle salesman was played by Dan himself? I had no idea! :O And yes, I liked the closure Spencer received. I almost thought that his dad was going to be furious with Spencer for admitting he dropped out of law school, but I'm glad that the dad eventually accepted the news. I don't understand how the dad managed to make it in the end, after he already said he couldn't take Carly to the father-daughter dance. As dumb as Gibby was during some of the recent episodes, I liked how he defended the weasel andthe emotional goodbye he and Carly had. It showed that they're still friends, despite the problems they dealt with. The kiss between Freddie and Carly was lovely, even though they didn't actually get together. The decision to move to Italy felt unexpected, but I guess it was fitting.

marcdragicevic

[127]Nov 25, 2012
    • level: 21
    It was a great episode. A lot of past characters/references from previous episodes.
    I wonder what Freddie will do with his time now..

teenj12

[128]Nov 25, 2012
    marcdragicevic wrote:
    It was a great episode. A lot of past characters/references from previous episodes.
    Yea :/ . I guess he'll still hang with Gibby and maybe Sam.

loey12886

[129]Nov 25, 2012
    teenj12 wrote:
    marcdragicevic wrote:
    Yea :/ . I guess he'll still hang with Gibby and maybe Sam.

He will probably end up hanging out with Gibby a lot on his show. Sam will probably be spending all her time with Cat lol

MusicAddictBabe

[130]Nov 25, 2012
    • level: 18
    I was disappointed that I missed the first airing of this episode/special so I forced myself to stay away from the boards up until this point just so I wouldn't be spoiled. But I just finished watching it so here we go

I must say, for an episode ending a series that was otherwise starting to go downhill, I was very impressed. Right from the start, I thought it'd be pretty good just because they made a slight reference to the first episode (then, of course, it was referenced a few times later on). Even the intro was good. When they had flashbacks and stuff like that, it almost made me cry just realizing it was over. Aside from all that, I finally see what you guys have been telling me about how each of the characters have changed for better or for worse (besides Gibby, since I already knew he changed drastically).

The only thing I didn't particularly care for was the "Screddie" stuff (yeah, I said it lol). I mean, they really could've done without any Seddie/Creddie in this episode. I'm not saying it was bad or anything,but I felt like it was just added in to relax any tension there might be left between Seddiers and Creddiers, almost like saying, "You guys are still going at it? Well, here. We'll include both ships, then." And thus, the Seddie phone convo and the Creddie kiss were born.

Like I said, though, overall, it was a really good episode. 4.5/5. And I don't know why I'm writing this in here and not as a review, but whatever lol. I'm sorry, too, if I repeated anything that someone already covered. I just wanted to get my two cents in while the episode was still fresh in my mind before going back and reading through about 5 pages of responses.

P.S. As much as I REALLY wanted to know why Freddie spoke Spanish sometimes (I have ever since the second season or whenever he started), I'm actually kind of glad they didn't reveal why. It kind of leaves it up to the mind.

teenj12

[131]Nov 25, 2012
    MusicAddictBabe wrote:

P.S. As much as I REALLY wanted to know why Freddie spoke Spanish sometimes (I have ever since the second season or whenever he started), I'm actually kind of glad they didn't reveal why. It kind of leaves it up to the mind.
    Yea true, plus we already have our logical guesses.

hurr05

[132]Nov 25, 2012

teenj12 wrote:
    MusicAddictBabe wrote:
    probably because he's Spanish in real life and they incorporated it into his character.

teenj12

[133]Nov 25, 2012
    hurr05 wrote:

teenj12 wrote:
    MusicAddictBabe wrote:
    probably because he's Spanish in real life and they incorporated it into his character.

Oh he's spanish in real life?

marcdragicevic

[134]Nov 25, 2012
    • level: 21
    I remember Dan saying back in 2010/2011, that he was going to reveal why Freddie speaks Spanish in a future episode but it never happened.

hurr05

[135]Nov 26, 2012

teenj12 wrote:
    hurr05 wrote:

teenj12 wrote:
    MusicAddictBabe wrote:

Oh he's spanish in real life?
    Well he definitely looks it. And his mother's name is Rita

katywishing100

[136]Nov 26, 2012
    • level: 15

I loved this finale! I liked the ending with all three of them going off in different directions. Spencer & Carly's scenes were so sad, but its finally time for Spencer to be on his own. The plot with Gibby and Freddie was funny although I've never really liked Gibby all that much. I just really overall thought they wrapped the show up nicely. Will miss it!

Fireofnature

[137]Nov 26, 2012
    • level: 13

I always figured iCarly would end with the three going separate ways like that. I don't know, it just makes sense. It's not so often that friends you met when you were 12 and in high school are going to be those true "forever friends" in the sense that you're always together throughout life, typically you do split apart. Mostly its college that separates you. Typically the "forever" friends are the ones you meet in college. A lot more people can say of their truest best friend that they met them in college than the ones that met in elementary.

Though, this is true to a fault, two of my closest friends I met a while back. My friend Chance, who I was a groomsman for his wedding, I met in Kindergarten, and we've been friends since then. My other good friend, I met in high school, but we DID get separated after graduation and actually reconnected our friendship like a year ago thanks to another mutual friend over facebook.

So yeah, it varies really. With Facebook, it seems a lot more possible, though.

Edited on 11/26/2012 1:24pm

pokemonmonmon

[138]Nov 26, 2012
    • level: 5

saylavee wrote:

Hey guys, anyone remember me? I doubt it, its been forever and a day since I posted here.

I honestly have not watched an episode on iCarly since... those episodes where Sam and Freddie were dating. I guess I grew out of it because I didn't really like them, and I stopped watching after that. Guess I grew up? I just found out yesterday that tonight was the last episode, so I made sure to watch it, and post here.

So here we go! My first post in months and my last review. Um, obviously there are spoilers, so if you didn't watch it yet, be warned, but i'll try to keep it spoiler free.

- Right from the intro I'm already feeling nostalgic. I like what they did with it.

- Looks like we will never find out why Freddie speaks Spanish. Oh well

- If they didn't make a pointy boob joke I would have been severely disappointed.

- Why was Freddie's final plot that? Why? I didn't really find it all that funny.

- Completely tuned tuned out Gibby

- Lewbert, why, you justinadvertentlyruined Carly's night. I guess this is revenge!

- Miranda, PLEASE work on your crying, I was CRINGING

- Okay the Sam-Spencer interactions in this were just. I can't. I just got feels and I never shipped that ever. (haha, sorry slipped into fangirl mode for a sec, had to turn that off for now, Gibby going "I just can't" was the only line from him I found funny) Really that whole ending to their plot was SO HEARTWARMINGLY SWEET. I wish I didn't take their plots for granted back when I watched the show more, thinking back theirs were some of the best.

- I don't remember T-Bo annoying me so much

- I'm sorry I didn't catch how long Carly will be in Italy for, my friend called and I missed that entire part. Good news, I'm going to see Rise of the Gaurdians tomorrow!

-Gibby's right Carly's dad is good looking.

- Haha, Mr. Shey, I really like you. And ALL your interactions with Spencer.

- Final iCarly wasn't as tear jerking as I thought it would be, but everything after that was

- Couldn't have said it better myself Carly. Heh, besides the fact that I'm not into this show as much, I'm not maturing, I'm... dematuring? Whatever. I'm only being serious because, well, its the finale!

- Carly and Sam's goodbye was heartbreaking. Reminded me and me and my best friend the last day we saw each other before going off to two separate colleges, me to upstate NY, her to Boston.

- Seriously I was tearing up. The flashback and the iCarly montage, and the squirrel cam bursting into flames (see pointy boob joke for my opinion on that) That was a great ending, everything I loved about iCarly came back to me.

- Sam do you have a motorcycle license?

- And Dan kept advertising his twitter to the very end!

- I honestly did not care about the shipping in this. Seddie got a possible near-future-getting back together-who the heck knows, Creddie got a kiss. Woo. No closure.

So yeah, pretty good finale. Obviously I'm not enjoying this as much as I used to, but hey, its been what? 5 years? I was in middle school when this started and now I'm in college. Still sad to see it go though.

Well, bye bye guys!

And we're clear!

omg i remember you from the xiaolin showdown forums!!! i had a different account then but im the one who helped you with your "problem" (remember) ) wow i cant believe youre in college now time flies huh i wish you the best of luck

that being said i pretty much agree to most of what you said lol

pokemonmonmon

[139]Nov 26, 2012

UnovaChampion wrote:

schillingklaus wrote:

RIP! for a show that had already been rotting and withering away over the course of the last four years after a brilliant first season and a painful third through last season.

Thank you Schilling for that lovely insight. Or as Gibby would say "Way to bring us all down" Now run along and go ship Mindy with Lewbert or whatever the hell you do.

i love you

pokemonmonmon

[140]Nov 26, 2012

i am so sorry for the triple post but there is only ONE thing that couldve made this finale better. if spencers arch nemesis chuck appeared even just for a few minutes. i mean pretty much every signifcant recurring character made an appearance (except for the principals but oh well lol) so why couldnt they convince the actor for chuck to appear just for one scene? oh well. it was still a great episode and definitely brought back the magic of icarly that pretty muchwas missing throughout most of the season