We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

iGoodbye

alexspotsme

[61]Nov 12, 2012
    • level: 15
    Drake Bell can stick to being 23 year old Timmy Turner.

Anyways, I wouldn't be surprised if they had the option to use that actor from See Dad Run (the dad) as Carly/Spenser's dad. Sounds hilariously fitting.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Fireofnature

[62]Nov 12, 2012
    • level: 13
    True, but that actor doesn't strike me as a military type of character. I would think they'd go for an actor that did have more serious roles, of course, that would somewhat put out any former nickelodeon actors minus possibly Marc Summers. I just can't think of what actors they'd have outside of nick.. The celebrities I have heard of don't strike me as the type of actors to guest on iCarly,. Then again, Jane Lynch didn't seem like the type either, but she does play the character type perfectly. That being said, Nick is big on typecasting actors (Hence Jane Lynch was perfect for Sam's mom), so that's why I assume the dad would likely be someone whose played more serious and military type roles.

MusicAddictBabe

[63]Nov 12, 2012
    • level: 18
    The idea of having an old Nick star as the father does sound pretty cool. I kind of hope that it is.

(Just gonna post my input real quick on what'll happen around here once iCarly's done. I think I'll move over to the Sam & Cat board along with you guys now that I know a bunch of you will go there too I might go over to the Gibby one too just to see who else is over there at the time, but I'm more excited about Sam & Cat than I am Gibby. Also, I might hang around here for a bit just because...why not? And the idea of a Facebook page or something similar does sound pretty cool. Actually, at one time, I suggested us making a site of our own (like Freewebs or Proboards), but I don't remember why that was. All I remember is making a forum site for us fans to go on...but not many people signed up (I mean, this was awhile ago so I probably didn't know all of you) and after awhile, I didn't even bother going on since I knew there was virtually no point. Due to inactivity, it's gone now, though. I also think we should make a "Memory Lane" sort of thread like I think TJ12 suggested in the iRamble thread where we sort of discuss old times, reminisce, and talk about other stuff that happened on here. But anyway, I'm up for pretty much anything.)

pokemonmonmon

[64]Nov 14, 2012
    • level: 5

your reaction if josh peck ends up filling in the role XD

Fireofnature

[65]Nov 14, 2012
    Probably like "Oh cool." I thought of him being a potential for it, but he'd probably look too young really XD

Zwingli4

[66]Nov 15, 2012
    • level: 16

Maybe they should cast R Lee Emry Carly's dad (Full Metal Jacket)--now he's a military type!

schillingklaus

[67]Nov 15, 2012
    • level: 12

Josh Peck is much too young for playing Carly's dad. He is only suited for the role as Socko.

Christopher Murray would be much better suited as Carly's dad.

Fireofnature

[68]Nov 15, 2012
    Yeah, pity though that socko probably won't appear in person. One of the few roles that will be kept to imagination the whole way through.

And Christopher Murray does actually look like he'd fit the role of the dad pretty well, I'd say

loey12886

[69]Nov 16, 2012
    • level: 10
    alexspotsme wrote:

Anyways, I wouldn't be surprised if they had the option to use that actor from See Dad Run (the dad) as Carly/Spenser's dad. Sounds hilariously fitting.

That would be Scott Baio lol

MusicAddictBabe

[70]Nov 16, 2012
    • level: 18
    ...What if it was Fred?

(haha I know we can pretty much cancel him out, but could you imagine?)

Fireofnature

[71]Nov 17, 2012
    No. Just no. Okay here's the plan, we take a potato sack, toss her in the back of the pickup truck, and drive out to the lake where we dump the body! XD

IHeartSB

[72]Nov 17, 2012
    I am very sad that iCarly has come to an end. It seems only fitting that they go out this way instead of the way Victorious is going out which is by cancelation. I hope we do get to see Carly and Spencer's dad (although I really can't think of anyone perfect enough to play him) and I hope we get to see Socko. They are the two characters we have heard a lot about but have never seen. In terms of Sam and Freddie's fathers, there really is no reason to show them. They were either mentioned once (like Sam's dad) or not at all (like Freddie's dad). I would love for this episode to be a graduation episode and then they all go their separate ways like Sam on the motorcycle and Freddie and Carly go to college or something like that. Spencer would probably want to sell the loft and go traveling with Socko, unless his and Carly's father decides to retire from the military and move back to Seattle and live with Spencer. That would be awesome. It would NEVER happen but wouldn't it be cool for there to be a spinoff series where Carly goes to college? There could be all new characters and Spencer, Sam and Freddie only appear when Carly is home for school breaks. Even her father would be a recurring character since he might have retired. That would be cool but highly unlikely since Miranda is focusing on music and college and Jennette has Sam and Cat. Nathan, other than this Nick movie he's doing I'm not sure what his plans are. Jerry should just keep making new episodes of Tuff Puppy. That show is great and he's great as Duddley. I just wish all of them well in whatever they end up doing long term. The show had 6 great years (some greater than others) and will be remembered as of the best from the late 2000's early 2010's era.

pokemonmonmon

[73]Nov 17, 2012
    • level: 5

hey after the hollywood magic ive seen, i would not be surprised if they made josjh looks old enough to look like a dad.

Fireofnature

[74]Nov 17, 2012
    True but that would be a difficult transformation. The dad would have to be at least 50 years old if we are to go by the minimum age of fatherhood being 20 when Spencer was born. As good as Hollywood is, I can't say I've ever seen Nickelodeon or disney do realistic elder makeup on a person without that person actually being an elder actor.

teenj12

[75]Nov 17, 2012
    • level: 26
    Anyone see the new/second promo? It shows Carly and Freddie leaning on to kiss and Sam calling Freddie saying that she needs to talk to him about something important:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tmoTSUtPZFA

Fireofnature

[76]Nov 18, 2012
    Ah jesus, so what I'm expecting to happen will happen, shipper fans may ruin the final episode. Lovely.

teenj12

[77]Nov 18, 2012
    Fireofnature wrote:
    Ah jesus, so what I'm expecting to happen will happen, shipper fans may ruin the final episode. Lovely.
    Yup, its already happening too. Lots of seddiers I'm seeing on youtube and the icarly wiki are pissy and saying "Oh creddie wins" or "DAN I WANT SEDDIE" and blah blah blah blah blah.

teenj12

[78]Nov 18, 2012
    Okay, screw the shipping drama, did anyone see the goodbye tribute video that Nick made for iCarly and had a bunch of kids signing in it? I was so close to crying xDDDDD

UnovaChampion

[79]Nov 18, 2012
    • level: 19
    Neither will end up happening, but I'm glad both are being addressed. iSaved Your Life never got a follow up on Creddie's status. Nick is hyping those scenes as a ratings gimmick. I wonder if this series finale could get like 15 million viewers, probably could back in the golden age of iCarly. A show can only go so long though, over 5 years, how surreal to have the adventure come to its conclusion. Hope everything is answered and we leave as satisfied as when we started.

teenj12

[80]Nov 18, 2012

UnovaChampion wrote:
    Neither will end up happening, but I'm glad both are being addressed. iSaved Your Life never got a follow up on Creddie's status. Nick is hyping those scenes as a ratings gimmick. I wonder if this series finale could get like 15 million viewers, probably could back in the golden age of iCarly. A show can only go so long though, over 5 years, how surreal to have the adventure come to its conclusion. Hope everything is answered and we leave as satisfied as when we started.
    I too hope iCarly ends with a lot of viewers. Even more than iSaved Your Life or iOMG.

Edited on 11/18/2012 11:44am