We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

iGoodbye

teenj12

[21]Oct 14, 2012
    • level: 26
    Zwingli4 wrote:

I think there are two possibilities for Carly leaving on a plane. Either she is going off to college or her dad either retires from or is redeployed in the military and she goes to live with him. I guess Sam takes a motorcycle to L.A. to try and get a (paying) show bizcareer started, where she hooks up with Cat (who of course being from a performing arts oriented high school is also looking to get a gig in the entertainment industry). but of course before (or if it ever) happens they have to pay the bills so they start that daycare service.

That's a seriously good prediction, especially on the Sam/Cat thing.

But where would that leave the boys?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Zwingli4

[22]Oct 14, 2012
    • level: 16

Maybe Spencer finally gets his art career started (finally), or else at least gets a real job. Tongue out Freddie probably also goes off to either college or film school (after all, he does know how to use a camera). And Gibby--could anybody ever ever ever EVER guess where he'll end up?!

Fireofnature

[23]Oct 14, 2012
    • level: 13
    Yeah true he's got his own sitcom coming out too.....strangely enough, it seems like Sam and Cat might be more popular, as it seems the most popular and talked about NOW than "Gibby" is. I've heard more about S/C than his show

alexspotsme

[24]Oct 15, 2012
    • level: 15
    Heaven knows I'm not watching Gibby's show. Seems a little too childish, something you'd see on Disney nowadays. Especially when the focus is on little kids he's mentoring. Feels a lot like Jessie or Ant Farm. I think I'll pass, not until I at least give Gibby! a shot.

Fireofnature

[25]Oct 15, 2012
    yeah I made it a rule for myself not to judge shows before the fact, because many times I predetermine a show to be horrible or something, so I judge it, only to watch it later on when I'm bored and realize that it's actually a damn good show.

marcdragicevic

[26]Oct 16, 2012
    • level: 21
    I hope the Sam and Cat show is the next iCarly. Can't stand Gibby or Noah Munck.

Fireofnature

[27]Oct 16, 2012
    Yeah i think that's what a lot of people are thinking. Like I said, it just seems like Sam and Cat is going to be more popular as it's the one being talked about more

teenj12

[28]Oct 16, 2012
    Fireofnature wrote:
    Yeah i think that's what a lot of people are thinking. Like I said, it just seems like Sam and Cat is going to be more popular as it's the one being talked about more
    Yea, everyone knows Sam and Cat ill be the bigger hit, but hey, you never know. "Gibby!" might surprise us.

Fireofnature

[29]Oct 16, 2012
    Always possible. Remains yet to be seen, but it is always possible

marcdragicevic

[30]Oct 16, 2012
    Disappointed with Victorious ending but Sam & Cat should aim for the 80 episode mark. Anything less, and I'll be disappointed.

pokemonmonmon

[31]Oct 17, 2012
    • level: 5

whya re they making a gibby show in the first place? isnt gibby already losing popularity? i liked him when he was a recurring character. now that hes in every episode, his unorthodox personality is very unappealing to me and when he says "gibbeh" in every single episode its like "will you shutup already" thats just how i feel

teenj12

[32]Oct 18, 2012
    pokemonmonmon wrote:

whya re they making a gibby show in the first place? isnt gibby already losing popularity? i liked him when he was a recurring character. now that hes in every episode, his unorthodox personality is very unappealing to me and when he says "gibbeh" in every single episode its like "will you shutup already" thats just how i feel

Yea this. Plus he has this new conceited attitude about himself. I would have liked if he stayed how he was in Season 4, but with his character traits of Seasons 1-3 still kept as well.

marcdragicevic

[33]Oct 19, 2012
    Don't know exactly why, they could have continued Victorious on.

Maybe they are now running out of shows on the channel.

alexspotsme

[34]Oct 20, 2012
    Hate to sidetrack from this topic, but I can't help but reply to yall.

Gibby is still getting on my nerves. I liked him when he was added to the fourth season, but afterwards, he GREW. I can tell how different he looked between Seasons 1-4 and 5-7. I mostly prefer him in the first four seasons. After that... no. Its like they're forcing us to face the "catchphrase" 'Gibbeh'. It was fine at first, but not so much anymore. And it was funny to see him take off his shirt, now he's (unintentionally) dropping his pants. His character got really jerkish and made a large turning point.

And as for Victorious; it was really "dickish" for Nickelodeon to cancel the show. At least How to Rock is getting canceled, too.

At least were getting a true ending to iCarly. Victorious won't get that luxury.

teenj12

[35]Oct 21, 2012
    alexspotsme wrote:
    Hate to sidetrack from this topic, but I can't help but reply to yall.

Gibby is still getting on my nerves. I liked him when he was added to the fourth season, but afterwards, he GREW. I can tell how different he looked between Seasons 1-4 and 5-7. I mostly prefer him in the first four seasons. After that... no. Its like they're forcing us to face the "catchphrase" 'Gibbeh'. It was fine at first, but not so much anymore. And it was funny to see him take off his shirt, now he's (unintentionally) dropping his pants. His character got really jerkish and made a large turning point.

OMG THIS.

In Season 1-3 he was the Gibby we all loved, who was weird and odd and randomly took off his shirt all the time

In Season 4, the shirt taking off thing stopped and he was added to the Main Cast. He was a tad useless, but for the most part he was fine. He was still the good ole oddball, just more mature.

Then suddenly in Season's 5-7 as you said...he just changed. Now he is very conceited, a huge jerk, and says "GIBBEH" way too much.

MusicAddictBabe

[36]Oct 22, 2012
    • level: 18
    Finally! I am so glad a bunch of you guys have the same opinion of Gibby as I do! I liked him so much better as a background recurring character too. His personality just bugs me now. I miss shirtless, side-character Gibby. You guys also brought up some good points about him - his conceited personality makes the fact that he's getting his own show that more annoying. It doesn't really make me want to watch it...it more or less makes me want to flip the channel whenever I know it's gonna be on. They changed him too much, and now, it's almost like they're "forcing" us to like him.

And, yeah, what's up with Nickelodeon cancelling everything? I know I'm know television guru, but do they even realize what little amount of shows they have left? I'm not getting too much more into this rant right now (unless this topic continues), but I just had to say how obnoxious Nickelodeon's been lately. I guess I shouldn't be talking, I mean, I haven't watched Nick in a long time....Then again, this is probably why.

teenj12

[37]Oct 22, 2012
    MusicAddictBabe wrote:
    Finally! I am so glad a bunch of you guys have the same opinion of Gibby as I do! I liked him so much better as a background recurring character too. His personality just bugs me now. I miss shirtless, side-character Gibby. You guys also brought up some good points about him - his conceited personality makes the fact that he's getting his own show that more annoying. It doesn't really make me want to watch it...it more or less makes me want to flip the channel whenever I know it's gonna be on. They changed him too much, and now, it's almost like they're "forcing" us to like him.

And, yeah, what's up with Nickelodeon cancelling everything? I know I'm know television guru, but do they even realize what little amount of shows they have left? I'm not getting too much more into this rant right now (unless this topic continues), but I just had to say how obnoxious Nickelodeon's been lately. I guess I shouldn't be talking, I mean, I haven't watched Nick in a long time....Then again, this is probably why.
    Your completely right about Nick. I don't think I can forgive them for canceling Victorious, which never really got its chance. Soon the channel will be loaded with all these new shows that will probably suck.

alexspotsme

[38]Oct 22, 2012

MAB wrote:
    Finally! I am so glad a bunch of you guys have the same opinion of Gibby as I do! I liked him so much better as a background recurring character too. His personality just bugs me now. I miss shirtless, side-character Gibby. You guys also brought up some good points about him - his conceited personality makes the fact that he's getting his own show that more annoying. It doesn't really make me want to watch it...it more or less makes me want to flip the channel whenever I know it's gonna be on.
    And this is why I always change the channel when Fred came on! I actually liked the episode of iCarly with Fred, but that was it. Because we got the see the actual actor of Fred as himself, and he was likeable. After that, no more Fred. I'm not a fan of his show. That's when his movie came out, his abysmal show, his movie sequel, and his trilogy movie. It's beating a dead horse.

Edited on 10/22/2012 10:04pm
    Edited 2 total times.

RiciSmokes2

[39]Oct 22, 2012
    • level: 7
    Wow, I guess I'm the minority, I don't mind Gibby.( I'm used to the minority thing tho being a black centrist in GA) His little catch phrase doesn't bother me either. Personality sucks tho.

MusicAddictBabe

[40]Oct 23, 2012
    • level: 18
    TJ12 - I agree. I know it's not right to judge a show by its title, but I'm not looking forward to the new shows. And I'm actually judging them based on previous Nick shows. I'll give them a chance, but judging by how I don't watch Nick much anymore anyway due to their lack of decent shows...or...shows at all actually..., I don't think I'll be watching much of any of them.

Alex - Yes! Why the heck did they ever air Fred? Don't get me wrong, I mean, yeah, everyone has his/her own opinion about certain shows, but I haven't heard of one person yet who's liked that show (or Fred at all, really). I didn't really care for the Fred episode that much, but that's mostly because of the storyine. The reason I don't like him in general is because he's annoying. And, yeah, I agree. If it wasn't for the storyline of that episode, I wouldn't think it was so bad because of the fact that he was actually "normal" later in the episode. I remember when I saw his show on a commercial once and thought, 'Wow...is this really what Nickelodeon's turning into?'