We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

iGoodbye

MusicAddictBabe

[201]Feb 9, 2013
    • level: 18
    That's true. Also, I just watched this video the other day on how Youtubers reacted to Justin Beiber songs - ok, before I go any further, has anyone heard of TheFineBros on Youtbube? They make tons of videos on people's reactions to viral Youtube videos/stars, events, TV shows, and stuff like that. They're split into age groups (Kids React, Teens React, Elders React, and Youtubers React), which makes them even funnier (I mean, it's priceless seeing elders dance to Gangnam Style) and "inspirational" (dunno if that's the word I wanna use...but, like, some of the kids' and teens' opinions on certain things are pretty wise). Anyway, if you've never checked them out, I recommend them.

Anyway, back on topic...well...our topic at least. The point I was starting to make was that those Youtubers are probably in their 20's or 30's or something and when they were shown the Justin Beiber videos (one of his first videos on Youtube, "Baby", and "Boyfriend"), I was actually surprised to hear most of them say that they didn't mind him. I'm not saying that people have to agree with me and dislike him. But a lot of people that age do not like him very much. Although, they did point out that his music does target tweenage girls and that "Boyfriend" might be a little much for them.

But when they were asked why people might hate him that much, some of them responded that it's because some people just hate new stars becoming more and more popular.

Um...no. I'm not a hipster.

I just don't like the kid. It has nothing to do with how he became famous or his stardom at all. I dislike him for the same reason I dislike some other artists - the music. His songs suck (in my opinion, that is). Some people like how he's making his songs more hip hop and whatever. But I hate it. I hate when singers start out as a particular genre and change completely later on. Plus, I think he's kind of a jerk.

Course, then again, I'm not a 13-year-old girl so I really can't say much.

Oh, and Hannah Montana...that's a rant for another post. haha I've rambled long enough for now.

P.S. Here's the link for that channel if anyone's interested --> http://www.youtube.com/user/TheFineBros?feature=watch
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pokemonmonmon

[202]Feb 10, 2013
    • level: 5

Fireofnature wrote:
    Ten years later and people still love Hannah Montana
    a lot of people i know are somehwta ashamed of liking hannah/miley and it has only been 2 years since the show ended. not to mention it wont be 10 years since hannah montana started until 2016.

also as far as the whole justin bieber thing, i disliek him because hes popular over silly reasons like his har and his "love songs" which are just generic crap. i bet if he got a haircut, acted more manly and started singing REAL songs, he would lost most of his fanbase

Edited on 02/10/2013 1:23pm

MusicAddictBabe

[203]Feb 22, 2013
    I almost hate to add on to this more than I have, but does anyone else find it weird that Justin Beiber has a perfume line?

teenj12

[204]Feb 23, 2013
    • level: 26

MusicAddictBabe wrote:
    I almost hate to add on to this more than I have, but does anyone else find it weird that Justin Beiber has a perfume line?
    Lol, I think perfume lines for any celebrity is just really weird and pointless. All its is, is their face/name on the bottle .

Edited on 02/23/2013 3:31pm

pokemonmonmon

[205]Mar 4, 2013
    • level: 5

`well you know how rick folk are, always looking for a way to get richer lol.

teenj12

[206]Mar 5, 2013
    pokemonmonmon wrote:

`well you know how rick folk are, always looking for a way to get richer lol.

Lol yup

MusicAddictBabe

[207]Mar 12, 2013
    So true. And people are gullible enough to buy pretty much every product their favorite celebrities' faces are pasted on. Yay, marketing strategies!

teenj12

[208]Mar 12, 2013
    MusicAddictBabe wrote:
    So true. And people are gullible enough to buy pretty much every product their favorite celebrities' faces are pasted on. Yay, marketing strategies!
    Lol yup. It shows how much media has an influence on people.

marcdragicevic

[209]Mar 17, 2013
    • level: 21
    MusicAddictBabe wrote:

You can't be serious right??

vanillacupcakes

[210]May 30, 2013
    • level: 16

I love all the react videos. They used to make my Sundays lol. The one thing that bugs me is that they know they are on youtube, so some of them try to say witty things. But for the most part I look forward to other peoples' opinions from multiple demographics. Like the election video amongst kids, teenagers, and elders was really cool. I'm not ALL that surprised that the youtubers didn't go cutting Justin Bieber's throat. They tend to appreciate other people who got their start from youtube. Like they tease Fred, but they don't entirely HATE Fred. They are proud of his success. I think there are people who hate him for being really popular. Maybe since 1D kicked in, he toned down, but before he was really overexposed. Sometimes people hate when people who aren't all that talented are popular. Then there are other people who hate him, because that's the "cool thing" to do. I kind of side eye those people...they usually give lame excuses like "he looks like a girl! He's short!". Some people simply don't like that kind of music. I don't like him because he's seemed entitled, bratty, selfish, and just a JERK. Like...

1. Saying pregnancy from rape "happens for a reason".

2. Going to Anne Frank's house and fooling around instead of taking the experience seriously, then making it about him saying how he hoped she would be a fan of his music

3. The whole drama with the monkey

His music is okay for his tween demographic. The thing is he keeps wanting to be taken "seriously", and if you want to do that you should stop acting like a fool and be professional. I actually do like when people can do a variety of "types" of music and evolve. For example, Avril Lavigne is STILL pulling the same kind of image she did years ago and Taylor Swift got more "pop" but still sticks to the same types of subjects. They are all hated for it. It shows no growth. Justin didn't really change enough to be taken seriously. It is still bubblegum pop music when you get to the bottom of it. Although I do appreciate "Beauty and a Beat", it seemed slightly more "grown up"...but it's still a cheesy song. What do you expect? His Justin Timberlake 2.0 didn't really work.

Edited on 05/30/2013 10:20pm

marcdragicevic

[211]Aug 19, 2013
    • level: 21
    I'm against Beiber mainly because of his teenage fan groups who like to attack anyone who dislikes him. Hardly heard of him in the media lately, but he should get away from the spotlight to have a break from things and such.