We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Freddie's choice

Who will Freddie ultimately choose by the endof Season 3?

Aprilshakira

[81]Mar 7, 2010
    • level: 10
    MusicAddictBabe wrote:
    Freddie is nice. I think he's my favorite out of the three main characters (excluding Spencer, I mean), mainly because of his personality. Carly is a Mary Sue and Sam is just too mean. I just wish Freddie didn't act wimpy once in awhile and he'd be fine. In a lot of episodes, however, he's frowned upon because of something he basically believes in (such as on iMeet Fred where it was "all his fault" because Fred said he wouldn't upload videos anymore because of Freddie's honest statement).

Sam IS mean, I agree.. but don't you think she has a reason for being so cruel all the time? I mean, her father is in jail (I think..?) her mother is a whore who doesn't care about her, and most of her relatives are crazy. Freddie is developing as a character and isn't as wimpy anymore. And I used to think that Carly was a Mary Sue, but I've come to realize that she's not. She has flaws -- like being sassy, a bit shallow sometimes, forgetful (forgetting her purse and hairbrush ) and obviously she has claustrophobia. So.. yeah.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ILoveDemi4ever

[82]Mar 7, 2010
    • level: 11

What is Claustrophobia?

MusicAddictBabe

[83]Mar 7, 2010
    • level: 18
    Yes. Ah, but I never said she didn't have a reason. I just don't like her meanness is all I'm saying. I do honestly believe that she doesn't have the best home life. I read fanfics all the time about that stuff. But I noticed the other day while watching the episode with the crazy teacher (gah, I'm losing my mind! i can't remember anything! D=), she also said, "Having a miserable life isn't ALL bad. SOMETIMES my mother laughs...." That was kinda sad. I still think Freddie's wimpy in the sense that he always asks Carly for help when he knows he could defend himself. Although, if you don't believe how I think he could use his strength to get Sam back but doesn't, you should read my fanfic (of course, I haven't really gotten to the part where he shows that he is about as tough as Sam lol). I don't know. I think Carly's also a Mary Sue just because there's always gotta be that one character in the show who's "almost perfect" (you know, kinda like Blossom in the Powerpuff Girls or, idk, Starfire in Teen Titans...even tho those aren't real-life...ok so maybe I can't think of many that aren't cartoons lol you got me there). Even Mary Sue's have flaws. Some anyway. Like Saylavee said. But I think that's what adds to the character. They're just seemingly perfect, I think. Yeeaaah! lol gotta love soda *hiccup*....haha

MusicAddictBabe

[84]Mar 7, 2010
    ILoveDemi4ever wrote:

What is Claustrophobia?

Claustrophobia is when someone has a fear of being in small, tight places (usually a closed-in place, at least). lol Or as Patrick would say, "Squidward...there's no Santa Claus in here!" (I think it was Patrick anyway...idk I haven't seen that episode in forever.)

Aprilshakira

[85]Mar 7, 2010
    MusicAddictBabe wrote:
    Yes. Ah, but I never said she didn't have a reason. I just don't like her meanness is all I'm saying. I do honestly believe that she doesn't have the best home life. I read fanfics all the time about that stuff. But I noticed the other day while watching the episode with the crazy teacher (gah, I'm losing my mind! i can't remember anything! D=), she also said, "Having a miserable life isn't ALL bad. SOMETIMES my mother laughs...." That was kinda sad. I still think Freddie's wimpy in the sense that he always asks Carly for help when he knows he could defend himself. Although, if you don't believe how I think he could use his strength to get Sam back but doesn't, you should read my fanfic (of course, I haven't really gotten to the part where he shows that he is about as tough as Sam lol). I don't know. I think Carly's also a Mary Sue just because there's always gotta be that one character in the show who's "almost perfect" (you know, kinda like Blossom in the Powerpuff Girls or, idk, Starfire in Teen Titans...even tho those aren't real-life...ok so maybe I can't think of many that aren't cartoons lol you got me there). Even Mary Sue's have flaws. Some anyway. Like Saylavee said. But I think that's what adds to the character. They're just seemingly perfect, I think. Yeeaaah! lol gotta love soda *hiccup*....haha

I get what you mean. And Sam said that? Wow.. that is sad. =( I think Sam's home life should be dug into a bit more. But you're right, Freddie is kind of a whimp -- but didn't he slap Sam in the face that one time? I think that showed development, and he just seems a bit "cooler" lately. I think his crush on Carly is honestly fading. And yeah, I get what you mean on the whole Mary Sue thing. Carly gets ALL the guys and most of her teachers love her. She is kind of a Mary Sue, but she does have her flaws. (I realize that statement didn't make any sense, but you get what I mean lol.)

MusicAddictBabe

[86]Mar 8, 2010
    Thank you. Yeah, she totally said that. I felt kind of bad for her. I think it'd be awesome if they dug into her homelife. I mean, come on. We know who Freddie's mom is...we even know who Gibby's mom is. But we don't know much about Carly's dad or Sam's mom. Boy...this show really likes the single parent thing. Yeah. I'm not saying he doesn't slap Sam or attempt to fight back or what have you once in awhile. He just tends not to do it as much. Which actually kinda makes sense in "Seddie Perspective" (haha PoS - like PoV - "Point of Seddie"): if he's not hitting her back, it, one, means that he doesn't wanna hit a girl, two, means he thinks that violence is not the answer or, three, the real Seddie answer, means he doesn't want to hurt her in any way. Nontheless, I still like Freddie. He's my favorite character...well, either him or Spencer. Ugh, Mary Sue's lol. Exactly. She's seemingly flawless even if she does have overlooked flaws (in the characters PoV not ours lol). I get what you mean .

schillingklaus

[87]Mar 8, 2010
    • level: 12

Fredward is nowhere near nice, he is totally mean, as he tries to seduce and corrupt Carly on several occasions, and he wants to push Jake Crendle into the elevator hole, and he bullies Nevel Papperman, and he sends fake SMSes to Samantha,
    and on and on and on it goes.

Aprilshakira

[88]Mar 8, 2010
    schillingklaus wrote:

Fredward is nowhere near nice, he is totally mean, as he tries to seduce and corrupt Carly on several occasions, and he wants to push Jake Crendle into the elevator hole, and he bullies Nevel Papperman, and he sends fake SMSes to Samantha,

I'm not trying to be rude... wait, actually I AM.

We all know you're a troll, so please shut up. But I'll admit you do keep things interesting.

schillingklaus

[89]Mar 8, 2010

Aprilshakira is just a charlatan, like all those enemies of free speech who believe in me being a troll.

All those who fail to see that Fredward benson is a dangerous meanie, they are thoroughly naive and credulous.

HaydenAvery

[90]Mar 8, 2010
    • level: 21
    Those who are like you are psychotic. Nevel is evil and Freddie's the one who has done the least to him. He sent the fake SMS to get back at Sam for making him miserable. and who doesn't want to push Jake down an elevator hole?

Canada_Michael

[91]Mar 8, 2010
    ILoveDemi4ever IA with everything you've said.

I could care less about who ends up with who, heck I only watch the show here & there. I find some of the comments in this thread funny & disturbing at the same time. I think if Freddie was related to you & you were asked to pick which is better for him Carly would win.

It really doesn't matter why Sam is the way she is IMO because knowing why changes nothing. Is knowing why supposed to give Sam a free pass for her bad behavior? I'm not sure how seriously we're supposed to take Sam's comments regarding her home life & how bad it is.

sockstar

[92]Mar 9, 2010
    Aprilshakira wrote:
    schillingklaus wrote:

I'm not trying to be rude... wait, actually I AM.

We all know you're a troll, so please shut up. But I'll admit you do keep things interesting.

Schilling isn't a troll.. just has weird about shipping.

MusicAddictBabe

[93]Mar 9, 2010

schillingklaus wrote:

Aprilshakira is just a charlatan, like all those enemies of free speech who believe in me being a troll.

All those who fail to see that Fredward benson is a dangerous meanie, they are thoroughly naive and credulous.

And what's wrong with being like that?

Canada_Michael: That's true that it does change nothing. I never thought that at all! Please don't tell me this is turning on me now. I never meant to hurt anybody's feelings at all with what I said - I never do. I don't take Sam's comments to heart. It's interesting to over-analyze things sometimes, tho, imo. Again not trying to sound mean if that does.

Sockstar: good point....

Edited on 03/09/2010 4:19am
    Edited 2 total times.

Canada_Michael

[94]Mar 9, 2010
    MusicAddictBabe No feelings were hurt on my end . My comments are directed more to the people who seem to support Sam no matter what, & your not one of those people. I dunno maybe I'm strange but if I was 13 again, oh so long ago LOL, I would definitely pick Carly over Sam.

MusicAddictBabe

[95]Mar 12, 2010
    Ok, that's good . I don't like to hurt people's feelings . Thank you! lol

ILoveDemi4ever

[96]Mar 14, 2010
    • level: 11

Canada_Michael wrote:
    ILoveDemi4ever IA with everything you've said. I could care less about who ends up with who, heck I only watch the show here & there. I find some of the comments in this thread funny & disturbing at the same time. I think if Freddie was related to you & you were asked to pick which is better for him Carly would win. It really doesn't matter why Sam is the way she is IMO because knowing why changes nothing. Is knowing why supposed to give Sam a free pass for her bad behavior? I'm not sure how seriously we're supposed to take Sam's comments regarding her home life & how bad it is.

Thank you. Yeah I do notice Seddie excuse Sam's actions because of her possible feelings for Freddie and is hiding them because she likes him, not an excuse. But they don't excuse Carly's behavior because they think it's much worse then Sam's. I hate that so much when one character gets a free pass to do whatever because she likes the guy and the other one can't because of the way she treats him. That is unfair.

LoriCook

[97]Mar 16, 2010
    • level: 1
    I vote that Freddie is goin' to choose Carly. After seeing them together for the past 3 seasons and then especially iSpeed Date and iSaved Your Life, it's clear those 2 are made for each other. I would love to see that happen, they would be so good together and what would make it cool, is if they had a secret relationship at least for the beginning, which really wouldn't be hard since they live right across from each other. Sam should be with Gibby.

MusicAddictBabe

[98]Mar 16, 2010
    Sam with Gibby would be a humorous pairing if u think about it. xD Welcome to the forums by the way, LoriCook.

schillingklaus

[99]Mar 16, 2010

materialist girls like Samantha Puckett are nowhere near worthy of Gibby's awesomeness, as opposed to Carly Shay or Lulu Johnson (from True Jackson VP)

charmed4eva112

[100]Mar 16, 2010
    • level: 20
    schillingklaus wrote:

materialist girls like Samantha Puckett are nowhere near worthy of Gibby's awesomeness, as opposed to Carly Shay or Lulu Johnson (from True Jackson VP)

.... for once, I actually kinda sorta agree with you. Who is really worthy of Gibby's... gibby-ness (gibbiness?)?