We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Freddie's choice

Who will Freddie ultimately choose by the endof Season 3?

saylavee

[141]Nov 27, 2010
    • level: 18
    Zwingli4 wrote:

Man, you guys! The only way everyone will be pleased is if Freddy converts to fundamentalist Mormonism, and marries both Carly and Sam. But then they'd have to move off of Nickelodeon and onto HBO or TLC. Tongue out

This...just This.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

vanillacupcakes

[142]Nov 27, 2010
    • level: 16

If Freddie marries both, I'll be pissed. Haha. Maybe he could marry one, then that one dies, and then he marries the other. Actually....no that wouldn't work. Well you can't please everyone can you? The best thing to do is to date one for awhile, break up with her, then date the other. Even that idea sucks.You can't win.

So I did learn something from my "this class is required but is still a total blowoff" stats class last year. Cool. All this time I thought that class was pointless.

LampEC

[143]Nov 28, 2010
    • level: 5
    VC, it'll be pointless in a year or so. Unless you plan on actually working in the statistics field.

MusicAddictBabe

[144]Dec 21, 2010
    Hoorah for negotiation.

Fireofnature

[145]Jan 14, 2011
    • level: 13
    I actually don't think he'll end up with either of them anymore. That's just my opinion, I don't feel like going too far into it, since I already posted about the whole relationship thing. I'd be just happy to see them all end up with somebody.

Though due to the way the show's going, Carly's a bit shallow, just a BIT, and always seems more into guys that aren't Freddie. The way the show treats Sam, she doesn't seem to get a guy that just makes her happy, all the guys she seems to end up with hurt her in the long run. Freddie has an budding issue with infidelity, seemingly oogling every hot woman he sees. Carly (and I think Sam has) has had to snap him back or drag him away.

So I think Freddie needs someone that won't be abusive (Sam) and someone that can help him grow up. Carly COULD be good there, but I don't see her being interested in him.

Carly needs someone who will soothe her upbeat, always best-at-everything type personality.

Sam needs someone that's going to be real to her, someone that's not going to be cruel to her, not going to hurt her by cheating on her or being negative to her. I think Freddie's personality does kind of clash with that, but I don't know. Personal experience with my ex, who was similar to Sam in some ways (I can't even watch iCarly and hear Sam talk about her mom or interact without being reminded of my ex and her mother, the mental abuse I endured...ugh not going into that), shows Sam and Freddie would probably end up poorly.

Either way, I don't think Freddie will end up with either girl. I can see him ending up with someone else. I used to be a seddie shipper, still am to a point, but I can't see it happening anymore. For me, I think it would be better for them to end up with other people.

Canada_Michael

[146]Jan 18, 2011
    • level: 10
    Carly's behaviour is inline with that of a teenager IMO. She doesn't see Freddie because he has always been around and is attainable to her anytime she wants, there is no challenge. Freddie does need to get a girlfriend outside the group, then if Carly has any romantic feelings towards Freddie she will be forced to confront them or risk losing him.

Fireofnature

[147]Jan 19, 2011
    My opinion he doesn't NEED to get a girlfriend inside the group either. Neither of them NEED to date each other. They can WANT to date perfectly fine, but needing's a whole other ball game.

In my humble opinion, I don't think they need to date each other at all, and by the way the show's going, doesn't seem they really want to either anymore. I figure let them get relationships outside the group for all I care, otherwise kill the dynamic of the show.

Canada_Michael

[148]Jan 19, 2011

I think they will play the Creddie card again, if it lasts is another story. They have to move slowly no matter what because you don't want the show to become a soap opera. If it does happen it will be very close to the series finale IMO.

MusicAddictBabe

[149]Jan 19, 2011
    I agree. Imo, they probably would wait until the season finale (unless it's the last season...so, in that case, the series finale). However, I think that if they did that, it would almost have to be Creddie unless they started way early to have Seddie grow because that would be rushing it. IMO.

frontman19

[150]Jan 19, 2011
    • level: 14

Season 4 has pretty much proved to me that no relationship is going to come out of this show, at least as part of the main group. They might each get their own boyfriend/girlfriend but there will be no Carly/Freddie, nor will there be Sam/Freddie. This season (which is really dragging) has pretty much dropped all relationship drama stuff. iStart a Fanwar wasn't really fair, since the fans only saw iCarly webisodes in the universe, rather than the part of their lives, but it pretty much killed any relationship hope. Plus Dan scrapped the only script evidence that there will be any inter-circle relationship after fan reactions anyway.

Canada_Michael

[151]Jan 19, 2011

Or it could be a plan to make everyone think that, so when something does happen it will be more of a surprise. Regardless of what happens or whats planned I find it strange they are trying so hard to convince us that nothing of this sort will happen.

vanillacupcakes

[152]Jan 19, 2011
    I think it all depends on whether there will be a 5th season or not, but IDK.

teenj12

[153]Jan 19, 2011
    • level: 26
    vanillacupcakes wrote:
    I think it all depends on whether there will be a 5th season or not, but IDK.

There will be. Personally, I'm getting bored with the relationship stuff since nothing happens. There should be more romantic moments between Freddie and Sam, but instead there is more bickering. By the way, I ship oth sides, but nothing's happening. I want Freddie and Carly to discuss the events of iSaved Your Life, but it seems Carly is trying to forget everything that happened in that episode.

Canada_Michael

[154]Jan 19, 2011

I'm getting bored with the entire show to be honest. The whole pace of the show is ruined by the long gap between new episodes.

MusicAddictBabe

[155]Jan 20, 2011
    Frontman - I second that. I also feel like, in a way, that probably nothing's gonna even happen.

TJ12 - Very true. I've been bored with both ships lately because of all that.

Canada_Michael - And I ALSO agree here. I think the last time I was obssessed with this show (to the point where I could almost never miss an episode) was probably about a year ago. I also think it's because there's such a gap. And when there are new episodes, I sometimes think the humor is kind of sketchy. I still like watching the show and get a bit excited when there are new episodes but not as much as I used to.

frontman19

[156]Jan 20, 2011
    • level: 14

To be honest I've been enjoying Victorious much more than I have iCarly lately (comparing two Dan Schneider shows of course, since iCarly isn't one of my top favorite shows), and I think the long break between episodes has been a real issue, but Dan was editing iHire an Idiot the other day, so I'm guessing it'll come out around the 28th or 29th.

vanillacupcakes

[157]Jan 20, 2011

^Same. I used to hate Victorious...but the past 3 episodes are getting better than the lame episodes of iCarly that have been out this season like iDo and iSell Penny Tees. I disagree, I do think Creddie or Seddie will be endgame, especially since there would be a season 5. I think iSAFW was just to calm people down, or as Canada Michaelsaid it just makes you more surprised that a couple actually did get together. I think it's pointless to have episodes like iKiss, iSD, and iSYL and just ignore both ships completely.

The long break definitely lost my interest in the show and ships completely, so I had to join a forum to discuss old episodes to death to bring the spark back...then watch season 1 which I used to ignore. xD I don't think Dan can handle creating 2 shows. With Miranda and Jennette working on their music and Dan being fed up with Victorious...it isn't working out well.

I would rather not have the ship be determined in the last episode, because I want to see what the couple is like when they're actually together for about half a season. I need to see everybody's reaction to the ship as well. With Chase or Zoey, there isn't a lot to be done once they are together. With Creddie or Seddie....they need to work out things with Mrs. Benson first so she can let Freddie have a serious relationship. She really does need to approve of Carly or Sam...her hatred for both of them are not okay with me. There is more interesting interactions that can be done with either ships than Choey IMO, so I would find it disappointing that it would end right when a couple got together. I guess I could see that happening, especially with Creddie, but I wouldn't like it to.

Edited on 01/20/2011 8:13pm

MusicAddictBabe

[158]Jan 20, 2011
    ^So true. I remember when a lot of us hated the thought of Victorious (the plot, the actress, the fact that it might replace iCarly, etc.). But I actually like it a lot more now. Though, I'm still not a huge fan of the ones where she sings (like, I liked the episode where they talk about their pool team...but I really hated how they had to use singing as a way to get out of the situation they were in). I didn't really like iDo or iSell Penny Tees either. I wasn't really a fan of iSam's Mom either (though, I did like how Jane Lynch was in it...even though I hadn't really found out about her until I watched Glee a couple weeks later). It wasn't horribly bad, but I didn't really like how the main reason they were allowed out of the theropy box thing was because Carly was freaking out and making sheep noises....

When you put it that way, I guess it does kind of make sense to have some ship get together since those "shippy" episodes did happen. Who knows?

I wouldn't want a canon ship in the last episode either, but they do pull that kind of crap on TV all the time. I absolutely hate it. It's like, at least make one more episode after it just to see what the couple would be like...at LEAST!

I also think it'd be interesting to see Spencer's reaction, imo ^^

Fireofnature

[159]Jan 21, 2011
    As said, right up there with everyone else. Used to be a die-hard iCarly fan, but now it's just lost it's touch. I'm definitely enjoying victorious more...hell that's my new fandom for my writings on fanfiction...

teenj12

[160]Jan 21, 2011
    • level: 26
    MusicAddictBabe wrote:
    ^So true. I remember when a lot of us hated the thought of Victorious (the plot, the actress, the fact that it might replace iCarly, etc.). But I actually like it a lot more now. Though, I'm still not a huge fan of the ones where she sings (like, I liked the episode where they talk about their pool team...but I really hated how they had to use singing as a way to get out of the situation they were in). I didn't really like iDo or iSell Penny Tees either. I wasn't really a fan of iSam's Mom either (though, I did like how Jane Lynch was in it...even though I hadn't really found out about her until I watched Glee a couple weeks later). It wasn't horribly bad, but I didn't really like how the main reason they were allowed out of the theropy box thing was because Carly was freaking out and making sheep noises....

When you put it that way, I guess it does kind of make sense to have some ship get together since those "shippy" episodes did happen. Who knows?

I wouldn't want a canon ship in the last episode either, but they do pull that kind of crap on TV all the time. I absolutely hate it. It's like, at least make one more episode after it just to see what the couple would be like...at LEAST!

I also think it'd be interesting to see Spencer's reaction, imo ^^

Hasn't Spencer been completely oblivious to Freddie liking Carly? I've never seen him comment on Carly/Freddie of Sam/Freddie.