We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

The Legend of Korra Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2014)

Who Is AMON -spoiler-

[21]Apr 21, 2012
    • level: 14
    Nerdnot wrote:
    readapost wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    MarcolapinMar wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    I have an idea how he can energy band perm. Buts it's out there

I must say that the main antagonist from the series arent deep enough for my taste, they are very typical and simple, if they want to make it more complicated, like the policatical part of the new set, I would prefer a complicated vilain.

In the first seasons, we had Zuko that was so easy to understand, untill crossroad destiny, that I didnt expect. But, he turns to on the good side. We had Azula, the psycho and Ozai the King of the world, if they want to keep it simple just like the old ones, I would say that AMON is a portrait of Hitler, who wanted to be bender and was jealous.
    If Amon is like Hitler then the series is going to get way more intense.
    The creators did say this show is gonna be more mature. After all it was just revealed Bloodbending can crush oragns.

What when? How did I miss this!

Check on the interactive "Welcome to Republic City" experience on Nick.com. They released 3 new locations yesterday and that was one of the new pieces of information. (Along with the fact that Zuko is still alive.)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MarcolapinMar

[22]Apr 21, 2012
    • level: 4
    Nerdnot wrote:
    readapost wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    MarcolapinMar wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:

I must say that the main antagonist from the series arent deep enough for my taste, they are very typical and simple, if they want to make it more complicated, like the policatical part of the new set, I would prefer a complicated vilain.

In the first seasons, we had Zuko that was so easy to understand, untill crossroad destiny, that I didnt expect. But, he turns to on the good side. We had Azula, the psycho and Ozai the King of the world, if they want to keep it simple just like the old ones, I would say that AMON is a portrait of Hitler, who wanted to be bender and was jealous.
    The creators did say this show is gonna be more mature. After all it was just revealed Bloodbending can crush oragns.

Check on the interactive "Welcome to Republic City" experience on Nick.com. They released 3 new locations yesterday and that was one of the new pieces of information. (Along with the fact that Zuko is still alive.)

Why I can't get the yuans, I can't give them to the damn kid.

MarcolapinMar

[23]Apr 21, 2012
    Nerdnot wrote:
    MarcolapinMar wrote:
    I have a second though about AMON powers, I don't think it's chi related moves, it's really energy bending.

Here is my proof, if you watch the last episode of the third book, where Aang is doing the energy bending, everything ( except the effects red and blue kinda fight ) seem the same, Ozai is looking a bit everywhere, Aang's thumb is exactly where AMON placed it.

Aang had his other hand on Ozais neck though, Amon didn't.

You mean his chest. Yes, I know but, maybe he doesnt have to put his hand technically. It might be a missed detail by the creators or something they don't believe to be important. But, I know this isnt exactly the same.

[24]Apr 21, 2012
    MarcolapinMar wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    MarcolapinMar wrote:
    I have a second though about AMON powers, I don't think it's chi related moves, it's really energy bending.

Here is my proof, if you watch the last episode of the third book, where Aang is doing the energy bending, everything ( except the effects red and blue kinda fight ) seem the same, Ozai is looking a bit everywhere, Aang's thumb is exactly where AMON placed it.

You mean his chest. Yes, I know but, maybe he doesnt have to put his hand technically. It might be a missed detail by the creators or something they don't believe to be important. But, I know this isnt exactly the same.

There's a theory that it was staged and that Amon didn't actually take away their bending permanently, but really just messed with their chi. After all, they said there was some sort of "turf war" in the episode and it looked as if there was a chance that the Equalists could be working for or against the Triads. If the latter is true, then maybe Amon did it to "take away their turf," so to speak.

MarcolapinMar

[25]Apr 21, 2012
    MarcolapinMar wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    MarcolapinMar wrote:

There's a theory that it was staged and that Amon didn't actually take away their bending permanently, but really just messed with their chi. After all, they said there was some sort of "turf war" in the episode and it looked as if there was a chance that the Equalists could be working for or against the Triads. If the latter is true, then maybe Amon did it to "take away their turf," so to speak.

That '' turf war '' is just a pretext, I believe, AMON is using the triads as a tool, getting the bigger amount of supports possible. That's why I think it's going to take that war to a bigger level.

readapost

[26]Apr 21, 2012
    Nerdnot wrote:
    readapost wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    MarcolapinMar wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:

There's a map info walkthough thing on Nick.http://www.nick.com/games/legend-of-korra-welcome-to-republic-city.html?navid=showNav

jegolas1973

[27]Apr 21, 2012
    • level: 22

I'm thinking Amon could be Jet. Amon says when he was eight, his parents were killed by firebenders. Jet himself was eight when his parents were killed by firebenders. It is believed that Jet was killed by Long Feng at Lake Laogai. His death was never confirmed. Therefore, it could be Jet behind the Amon mask.

Nerdnot

[28]Apr 21, 2012
    jegolas1973 wrote:

I'm thinking Amon could be Jet. Amon says when he was eight, his parents were killed by firebenders. Jet himself was eight when his parents were killed by firebenders. It is believed that Jet was killed by Long Feng at Lake Laogai. His death was never confirmed. Therefore, it could be Jet behind the Amon mask.

Jet liked Aang though, and besides it was basically confirmed

readapost

[29]Apr 21, 2012
    jegolas1973 wrote:

Well the Earthbender kid Skoochy does look like Jet. Maybe he did?

jegolas1973

[30]Apr 21, 2012
    • level: 22

Then again Jet never learned to energybend while AMON has this ability. We'll have to wait to see who AMON is really.

MarcolapinMar

[31]Apr 21, 2012
    jegolas1973 wrote:

Then again Jet never learned to energybend while AMON has this ability. We'll have to wait to see who AMON is really.

-cough-

MarcolapinMar

[32]Apr 21, 2012
    The think is to guess who he is really before.

MarcolapinMar

[33]Apr 21, 2012
    Nerdnot wrote:
    jegolas1973 wrote:

Jet liked Aang though, and besides it was basically confirmed

Jet is dead.

edmasterchaos

[34]Apr 21, 2012
    • level: 41
    Gonna type out a lot of things, but, i'm sure that Amon is a firebender.

Nerdnot

[35]Apr 21, 2012
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    Gonna type out a lot of things, but, i'm sure that Amon is a firebender.
    I think that maybe true.

readapost

[36]Apr 21, 2012
    MarcolapinMar wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    readapost wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    MarcolapinMar wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:

Click and drag. The money has Aang on them.

Why I can't get the yuans, I can't give them to the damn kid.

Nerdnot

[38]Apr 21, 2012
    BillTheCat005 wrote:
    I'm thinking he may end up being either a later child of Zuko's mother or possibly that little kid from "Zuko Alone"
    Amon can't be that old. He is a bunch younger.

Kwando7

[39]Apr 21, 2012
    • level: 18

I'm gonna call Amon out about having his face burnt seems a great way to get your message across showing the damage it causes rather then hide it away. Not completely sure about the rest of his past being a lie yet. If anything I'm starting to think it will either be Bumi (Aang and Katara's second kid) or an unknown.

Fun Fact: Amon is the pressure point at the back of the neck, which he uses to take bending away.

edmasterchaos

[40]Apr 21, 2012

BillTheCat005 wrote:
    I'm thinking he may end up being either a later child of Zuko's mother or possibly that little kid from "Zuko Alone"
    ...HMMMMMMM

Very minor character from the past series, which means a lot of exposition regardless. Reference that old viewers will get, but new ones won't find it vital to see that kid in order to understand it all. Say kid is 7 and he's in his 80s now. Might be too much... hmmm...

I think Amon's a firebender, but being that little kid from Zuko Alone would be quite amazingly interesting.

edmasterchaos

[41]Apr 21, 2012

Kwando7 wrote:

Fun Fact: Amon is the pressure point at the back of the neck, which he uses to take bending away.

oh my god how did i not see that!? O.O It's so obvious! Here i was looking for how he could've used the lightningbending to hide everything, or maybe used straight-up firebending in the forehead, but every time he does that, the hand that goes to the forehead is what is shown towards the public and also what catches the most attention.

The neck looks perfect for a long-term chi-blocking, normally it's probably a dangerous spot, maybe even lethal.