We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

The Legend of Korra Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2014)

Who Is AMON -spoiler-

WolfsBlackSoul

[84]Apr 24, 2012
    • level: 1

Do you think that Amon actually wants to make the world "equal" by taking away bending or do you think he had an ulterior motive?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Nerdnot

[85]Apr 24, 2012
    • level: 14
    WolfsBlackSoul wrote:

Do you think that Amon actually wants to make the world "equal" by taking away bending or do you think he had an ulterior motive?

Who knows!?

edmasterchaos

[86]Apr 24, 2012
    • level: 41
    He's clearly evil and wants power, and has enough power/money already to raise an army of specialized fighters, use huge-ass places for his presentation and lots of vehicles of many kinds, none of that is cheap. The equality thing is a VERY good excuse that i hope ends up being a theme of the show even after Amon is defeated (AMON WAS RIGHT posters everywhere!).

MarcolapinMar

[87]Apr 24, 2012
    • level: 4
    Welcome new-comers, btw maybe you have your own ideas about who is AMON, but I have no ideas who you are guys are.

MarcolapinMar

[88]Apr 24, 2012
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    He's clearly evil and wants power, and has enough power/money already to raise an army of specialized fighters, use huge-ass places for his presentation and lots of vehicles of many kinds, none of that is cheap. The equality thing is a VERY good excuse that i hope ends up being a theme of the show even after Amon is defeated (AMON WAS RIGHT posters everywhere!).

I expect a vilain like moriarty from sherlock holmes.

pokemonmonmon

[89]Apr 24, 2012
    • level: 5
    qtwanderer wrote:
    ^New people don't have to introduce themselves. They are most welcome to join in on the discussion, the more minds the more we can discuss about whom this guy is..or girl.

MajLorne

[90]Apr 25, 2012
    • level: 21
    Culbs wrote:

There are many possibilities. My theory is that Amon disables a benders abilities by rending their specific chi flow that they use for bending useless. Amon could be a bloodbender that slightly crushes or cuts the channels in which chi flows throughout the body (or the root of said chi in the brain) hence disabling the bending ability forever. Or he crushes the location in the brain that controls bending outright (which would also be a reason for the intense look upon the victims faces when he's taking their powers). That'd be a good reason for the creators to release the information to us stating that a bloodbender can crush organs. It might also be an advanced form of chi disabling that utilizes the same concept and is focused more on destruction than disabling. Sure, the avatar universe is very different than ours. We must remember though that these characters are based off of humans. Spinal columns, nerves, brain tissue, organs, etc. As far as we know their basic bodily functions are the same as ours (just with the added ability of bending in a certain percentage of the race). And if you take out an invaluable piece of the body, it ceases to function properly.

Hem interesting theory. You have a good point there.

MikeyPorto

[91]Apr 25, 2012
    • level: 2

Didn't you notice the most obvious thing about the Equalists?

They fight like one of Azula's friends who joined the Kyoshi. (Tai Lee? If i recall correctly.) Maybe she taught the Kyoshi how to chi block.

Maybe Amon is somewhat related to the Kyoshi Warriors. Sokka and Suki's son? IDK. We still don't know what happened to those two yet and they could have been defeated by firebenders who were still loyal to Ozai after his downfall.

Kwando7

[92]Apr 25, 2012
    • level: 18

MikeyPorto wrote:

They fight like one of Azula's friends who joined the Kyoshi. (Tai Lee? If i recall correctly.) Maybe she taught the Kyoshi how to chi block.

Maybe Amon is somewhat related to the Kyoshi Warriors. Sokka and Suki's son? IDK. We still don't know what happened to those two yet and they could have been defeated by firebenders who were still loyal to Ozai after his downfall.

Seriously? I'm pretty sure anyone (who watched the whole first series) would have picked that up. Amon wouldn't have to have been related to a kyoshi warrior to know how to chi block it's not a special skill.

Although being Sokka and Suki's son could be an interesting twist. I'm still beting on Bumi or an unknown

MarcolapinMar

[93]Apr 25, 2012
    Kwando7 wrote:

MikeyPorto wrote:

Seriously? I'm pretty sure anyone (who watched the whole first series) would have picked that up. Amon wouldn't have to have been related to a kyoshi warrior to know how to chi block it's not a special skill.

Although being Sokka and Suki's son could be an interesting twist. I'm still beting on Bumi or an unknown

What the hell is wrong with people who believes in a theory like that. It can't be Bumi, geez, he was a friend to Aang and there is no way he could do something like that.

pokemonmonmon

[94]Apr 25, 2012

MarcolapinMar wrote:
    Kwando7 wrote:

MikeyPorto wrote:

What the hell is wrong with people who believes in a theory like that. It can't be Bumi, geez, he was a friend to Aang and there is no way he could do something like that.
    they mean bumi as in aangs grandson not king bumi LOL

pokemonmonmon

[95]Apr 25, 2012

MikeyPorto wrote:

well its 70 years later so it gives PLENTY of people time to pick up on these things. its not exclusive to the kyoshi warriors ya know lol

qtwanderer

[96]Apr 25, 2012
    • level: 27
    If only Bumi was alive (Still possible)...but that was a funny misunderstanding

shadowscott

[97]Apr 25, 2012
    • level: 23

Haha, i was waiting for someone to think that Bumi meant King Bumi, and not Tenzin's brother (aang's son, not grandson). Also, Tenzin is the YOUNGEST of the children, which would make Amon older than Tenzin (if he were Bumi), which makes no sense. Also, assuming his backstory is true, being raised on a farm, none of that makes sense.

On another note, everyone is assuming that Amon is lying about being a non-bender. It would be interesting if he was trying to rid the world of bending, being a bender himself. Also, does being a non-bender mean that you can still bend "the energy within", according to the Lion Turtle. If only benders can spirit bend (or energy bend), that would mean Amon is actually a bender. If non-benders cannot spirit bend, he has to be doing some advanced chi-blocking.

Edited on 04/25/2012 12:43pm

MajLorne

[98]Apr 25, 2012
    • level: 21
    Not to mention King Bumi was 'ripped'. For an old man, he was freakishly muscular. I don't think he'd fit that small frame.

But I think Amon is a bender, probably fire bender and knows some chi-blocking techniques. Ty Lee was the best at that and who knows, maybe people that learned techniques from her eventually led to this group led by Amon because that's their main weapon against benders.

qtwanderer

[99]Apr 25, 2012
    shadowscott wrote:
    Also, does being a non-bender mean that you can still bend "the energy within", according to the Lion Turtle.
    Was that a question? if so I presumed thats what the Lion-Turtle meant, instead of elemental benders, the first benders bent-? energy. That was until the pop-up thing that said only the avatar was able to. Way to ruin my creative thoughts >_>

shadowscott

[100]Apr 25, 2012
    • level: 23

qtwanderer wrote:
    shadowscott wrote:
    Also, does being a non-bender mean that you can still bend "the energy within", according to the Lion Turtle.
    Was that a question? if so I presumed thats what the Lion-Turtle meant, instead of elemental benders, the first benders bent-? energy. That was until the pop-up thing that said only the avatar was able to. Way to ruin my creative thoughts >_>

Which pop up thing says that? On the episodes on tv where they throw in comments?

qtwanderer

[101]Apr 25, 2012
    Had to look the all the cursed pop-ups from Avatar Extras. I is tired now
    Onto topic: I could not find the pop-up saying that so I was wrong. Maybe Amon was touched by the turtle o_O

MarcolapinMar

[102]Apr 25, 2012
    pokemonmonmon wrote:

MarcolapinMar wrote:
    Kwando7 wrote:

MikeyPorto wrote:

they mean bumi as in aangs grandson not king bumi LOL

That makes more sense.

UnovaChampion

[103]Apr 25, 2012
    • level: 19
    Bumi is Aang's son, not grandson.