We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

The Legend of Korra Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2014)

Who Is AMON -spoiler-

MarcolapinMar

[62]Apr 22, 2012
    • level: 4
    I do believe that Koh is related to AMON because first : Koh possessed a vast amount of knowledge of the spiritual realm and the beings which resided within it.

Koh has also a female Noh mask, from which Koh's name may have come; a white face with red lips and gray eye markings, which was the face he used most often and so may have been his true face although this is still subject to debate.

We know that AMON has his signature with his mask and could be related somehow by taking that element back in the normal world.

But, it's only a possibility if he really know energy bending.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MajLorne

[63]Apr 22, 2012
    • level: 21

Nerdnot wrote:
    The only shot* we got of having a good movie is is one of the creators is the director. OR SOMEONE THAT ACTUALLY KNOWS THE SERIS!
    I don't think they should redo the first book in a movie right away. Do something similar with what Silence of the Lambs and the Incredible Hulk did: do the sequel that continues from the 1st movie, but more competently and closer to how the series was and of course characters that actually looks like the kids from the series, not non asian ones. I'm just glad I didn't waste money to watch that crap. I watched it on cable and found myself just skipping thru it. It was just devoid of any soul and humor that made the series great.

Edited on 04/22/2012 12:20pm

pokemonmonmon

[64]Apr 22, 2012
    • level: 5

UnovaChampion wrote:
    I'd also think it's possible that Bumi is behind the mask and maybe being related to an Avatar can give you those abilities,
    what in the world would be his motive? and i highly doubt being related to the avatar would give you energy bending. thats something that has to be avatar exclusive. i just think that

1. amon found a way to permanently chi block or

2. (like everyone else has been saying) he found a way to chi block long enough to make it seem permanent.

MarcolapinMar

[65]Apr 22, 2012
    pokemonmonmon wrote:

UnovaChampion wrote:
    I'd also think it's possible that Bumi is behind the mask and maybe being related to an Avatar can give you those abilities,
    what in the world would be his motive? and i highly doubt being related to the avatar would give you energy bending. thats something that has to be avatar exclusive. i just think that

2. (like everyone else has been saying) he found a way to chi block long enough to make it seem permanent.

Nope, Chuck Tesla.

WolfsBlackSoul

[66]Apr 22, 2012
    • level: 1

I agree with a lot of you. It certainly had the look of energy bending, but I don't think thats what it was. In The Last Airbender, Aang put his thumbs on both Ozai's head and heart and even the lion turtle, when showing him how to energy bend, touched both Aangs forehead and heart. Also, in the avatar extras, the pop-up mentioned that it is something only the Avatar can do.

I guess it's possible Amon learned it from a spirit like Koh (like someone mentioned earlier), but I personally hope it is an advanced form on chi blocking that only seems permanent. I think an interesting storyline would have Korra's bending powers taken away, and at first she'd be upset and feel useless, but it would actually turn out to be a good thing for her, because without the physical side of bending, she'd finally be able to focus on the spiritual side. Eventually she'd learn how to give people back the bending powers they lost. (On a side note, I can't wait until she talks to Aang like how Aang use to talk to Roku.)

As for who Amon is, there are a lot of possibilities. It could be Bumi, jealous he was the only non-bender in a family of powerful benders, or he could be a decendant of someone from the first show, reason unknown for now. What I'm hoping for is he's a complete unknown with a very good backstory. Whether or not the backstory he gave is true or a complete lie, I'm not sure. He could be fighting for revenge, jealousy, power, or maybe something we haven't even thought of yet.

Like a lot of other people, I do get the feeling that he is probably a bender. If he is, I hope he's not a firebender though. I'd hate for the bad guy to be a firebender again. Earthbending is okay, but bugs me a bit because of the Dai Lee being bad guys. A waterbender might be interesting because the only "bad" waterbender I can think of from the first series was the bloodbender. It would also be spooky if Amon had that power and used it to control people or crush their organs, but I get the feeling the Councilman from the Northern Water Tribe is going to be a semi-bad guy, so I doubt Amon will be a waterbender too. Although if he is a firebender, that could be a possible explanation for how he takes away bending, sending a bolt of lightening through their brain, between the fingers he places on the forehead and back of the neck.

MarcolapinMar

[67]Apr 22, 2012

WolfsBlackSoul wrote:

I agree with a lot of you. It certainly had the look of energy bending, but I don't think thats what it was. In The Last Airbender, Aang put his thumbs on both Ozai's head and heart and even the lion turtle, when showing him how to energy bend, touched both Aangs forehead and heart. Also, in the avatar extras, the pop-up mentioned that it is something only the Avatar can do.

I guess it's possible Amon learned it from a spirit like Koh (like someone mentioned earlier)

As for who Amon is, there are a lot of possibilities. It could be Bumi, jealous he was the only non-bender in a family of powerful benders

No this is ridiculous, I mean the bumi part.

Edited on 04/22/2012 7:21pm

WolfsBlackSoul

[68]Apr 22, 2012
    MarcolapinMar wrote:

WolfsBlackSoul wrote:

I guess it's possible Amon learned it from a spirit like Koh (like someone mentioned earlier)

As for who Amon is, there are a lot of possibilities. It could be Bumi, jealous he was the only non-bender in a family of powerful benders

No this is ridiculous, I mean the bumi part.

I agree that it would be kind of ridiculous, mainly because even if he couldn't bend Aang and Katara would not have loved him any less than Kya or Tenzin. I certainly hope it isn't Bumi, but that doesn't mean it isn't possible at all.

kdyer1

[70]Apr 22, 2012

MarcolapinMar wrote:
    pokemonmonmon wrote:

UnovaChampion wrote:

Nope, Chuck Tesla.

I just finished watching the first three episodes of the new series. Some thoughts:

1. Amon wears a mask to hide his identity, not to hide burns as he states.

2. He is most likely related to someone from the first series.

3. He is probably a bender but, keeps that hidden just like his face.

Only the avatar can remove abilities, but Firelord Ozai observed that technique firsthand. What if he or the crazed Azula had a son/grandson that the disgraced Ozai took under his wing and instructed on the procedure. He would have years to perfect it on unsuspecting victims during the 'peace' and he would have one hell of a motive. It seems plausible and would give him the credentials of villain for this new series.

Just a thought...

MarcolapinMar

[71]Apr 23, 2012
    kdyer1 wrote:

MarcolapinMar wrote:
    pokemonmonmon wrote:

UnovaChampion wrote:

Nope, Chuck Tesla.

I just finished watching the first three episodes of the new series. Some thoughts:

1. Amon wears a mask to hide his identity, not to hide burns as he states.

2. He is most likely related to someone from the first series.

3. He is probably a bender but, keeps that hidden just like his face.

Only the avatar can remove abilities, but Firelord Ozai observed that technique firsthand. What if he or the crazed Azula had a son/grandson that the disgraced Ozai took under his wing and instructed on the procedure. He would have years to perfect it on unsuspecting victims during the 'peace' and he would have one hell of a motive. It seems plausible and would give him the credentials of villain for this new series.

Just a thought...

You need to explain why he would have survive and how he would be free from his jail, since the end of the serie show that he is the most prestigious prisoner of that era.

WolfsBlackSoul

[72]Apr 23, 2012

kdyer1 wrote:

Just a thought...

I seriously doubt Ozai would have ever been aloud to leave the prison or really even have any visitors. He wasthe world worst criminal. And as for Azula, she was completely bonkers by the end, so even if she wasn't thrown in jail as well, it would be hard to believe that there would be anyone out there who would want to have a kid with her (unless he was pretty crazy too).

qtwanderer

[73]Apr 23, 2012
    • level: 27
    Not likely to be the case, but it would be fun if Amon lost his face to Koh and wears the mask to hide the blank slate. On a serious note: I think its important to ask why only the avatar can take away bending? The Lionturtle did say "we" in his lesson to Aang. Was he talking about spirits or creatures. I think the creators forgot a few things personally, like the pop-up of only the avatar can take away bending.

drummer4916

[74]Apr 23, 2012
    • level: 6

I think the only villain that wasn't deep enough in the original series was Ozai; they didn't give him enough backstory or focus on his character enough. But everyone else was just fine and I think Oman is very intriging. We obviously don't know nearly enough about him to say that he isn't deep enough. There is so much more to be revealed, but from what was revealed so far I think he has the oppurtunity to be more deep and complex.

Nerdnot

[75]Apr 23, 2012
    • level: 14
    drummer4916 wrote:

I think the only villain that wasn't deep enough in the original series was Ozai; they didn't give him enough backstory or focus on his character enough. But everyone else was just fine and I think Oman is very intriging. We obviously don't know nearly enough about him to say that he isn't deep enough. There is so much more to be revealed, but from what was revealed so far I think he has the oppurtunity to be more deep and complex.

It's Amon. Duh!

juiceking

[76]Apr 23, 2012

amon's mask looks just like the painted lady, not that it has anything to do with his identity

juiceking

[77]Apr 23, 2012

only the avatar can, and even if that's not true, your spirit also has to unbendable, at least according to lion turtle dude,

and im pretty sure having an unbendable spirit means that you have to have a pure heart or something

Nerdnot

[78]Apr 23, 2012
    • level: 14
    Whats with so many new people on this?!?! NEWCOMERS PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE http://www.tv.com/shows/avatar-the-legend-of-korra/forums/introduce-yourself-the-person-behind-the-avatard-99312-3076208/ Thanks!

qtwanderer

[79]Apr 23, 2012
    • level: 27
    ^New people don't have to introduce themselves. They are most welcome to join in on the discussion, the more minds the more we can discuss about whom this guy is..or girl.

But if you wish:

IT WOULD BE NICE TO KNOW SOME OF THE MEMEBERS POSTING, COULD YOU ALSO POST IN THE INTRODUCTION THREAD, THANKS AND WELCOME!

Thats a bit better, trying to explain your tone on these forums help alot

Kwando7

[80]Apr 24, 2012
    • level: 18

While I think Amon is the scariestthing since the offspring ofJaws, Freddy Krugger and Spongebob. The guys got a point.

You have people running around with the power to crush, freeze or burn your eye brows off, thereis obviously going to be a few bad eggs (not to say that those who do good should be punished) I'd be a little willing to support him.

Ofcourse he's going about it the wrong way butwe haven't seen him use the technique on a good person yet. Until that episode airs he is pretty much Batman fused with Joker

Culbs

[81]Apr 24, 2012

There are many possibilities. My theory is that Amon disables a benders abilities by rending their specific chi flow that they use for bending useless. Amon could be a bloodbender that slightly crushes or cuts the channels in which chi flows throughout the body (or the root of said chi in the brain) hence disabling the bending ability forever. Or he crushes the location in the brain that controls bending outright (which would also be a reason for the intense look upon the victims faces when he's taking their powers). That'd be a good reason for the creators to release the information to us stating that a bloodbender can crush organs. It might also be an advanced form of chi disabling that utilizes the same concept and is focused more on destruction than disabling. Sure, the avatar universe is very different than ours. We must remember though that these characters are based off of humans. Spinal columns, nerves, brain tissue, organs, etc. As far as we know their basic bodily functions are the same as ours (just with the added ability of bending in a certain percentage of the race). And if you take out an invaluable piece of the body, it ceases to function properly.