We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

The Legend of Korra Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2014)

Who Is AMON -spoiler-

MarcolapinMar

[1]Apr 21, 2012
    • level: 4

What we know

: He has his face burned since he was younger, trying to defend his family from a firebender. ( if true )

He knows how to '' energy bend ''

oh and he is the leader of the equalist group

The reasons why he so angry agaisnt the benders, can be his case revenge or jealousy of that power ( if his history is based true ).

In both scenarios, his scars comes from an '' unbalance '' between weaken forces and overpower. Just like the firenation and the rest of world, the air nomads and the fire nation, etc.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Nerdnot

[2]Apr 21, 2012
    • level: 14
    I have an idea how he can energy band perm. Buts it's out there

MarcolapinMar

[3]Apr 21, 2012
    Nerdnot wrote:

I must say that the main antagonist from the series arent deep enough for my taste, they are very typical and simple, if they want to make it more complicated, like the policatical part of the new set, I would prefer a complicated vilain.

In the first seasons, we had Zuko that was so easy to understand, untill crossroad destiny, that I didnt expect. But, he turns to on the good side. We had Azula, the psycho and Ozai the King of the world, if they want to keep it simple just like the old ones, I would say that AMON is a portrait of Hitler, who wanted to be bender and was jealous.

Nerdnot

[4]Apr 21, 2012
    MarcolapinMar wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:

I must say that the main antagonist from the series arent deep enough for my taste, they are very typical and simple, if they want to make it more complicated, like the policatical part of the new set, I would prefer a complicated vilain.

In the first seasons, we had Zuko that was so easy to understand, untill crossroad destiny, that I didnt expect. But, he turns to on the good side. We had Azula, the psycho and Ozai the King of the world, if they want to keep it simple just like the old ones, I would say that AMON is a portrait of Hitler, who wanted to be bender and was jealous.
    If Amon is like Hitler then the seris is going to get way more intense.

MarcolapinMar

[5]Apr 21, 2012
    I hope he won't using a mass destruction weapon a.k.a. using the Sozin's comet or I don't know what kind of other tools.

Nerdnot

[6]Apr 21, 2012
    Remember sox ins comment only comes around every hundred years, we still have 30 years till we see it again.

MarcolapinMar

[7]Apr 21, 2012
    Nerdnot wrote:
    Remember sox ins comment only comes around every hundred years, we still have 30 years till we see it again.

I was just suggesting, I said aka the comet, or any mass destruction plant.

UnovaChampion

[10]Apr 21, 2012
    • level: 19
    Amon is Amon.

It's very possible his backstory was a lie though in order to get people's support for his movement.

I'd also think it's possible that Bumi is behind the mask and maybe being related to an Avatar can give you those abilities, but Tenzin doesn't know how to do it and I think he'd also know what his brother is up to. I think I'd like to hear more about his siblings before that theory can have some validity.

One thing for sure though, I think there is a connection between Mako/Bolin and Amon. Perhaps Amon is the one who killed Mako and Bolin's parents and is simply twisting the story to look as though he was a defenseless non-bender who was wronged.

Either that or this same firebender did harm to both Amon and Mako/Bolin's family.

Nerdnot

[11]Apr 21, 2012
    UnovaChampion wrote:

One thing for sure though, I think there is a connection between Mako/Bolin and Amon. Perhaps Amon is the one who killed Mako and Bolin's parents and is simply twisting the story to look as though he was a defenseless non-bender who was wronged.

Either that or this same firebender did harm to both Amon and Mako/Bolin's family.

whoa, where did you get that idea?

readapost

[12]Apr 21, 2012
    Nerdnot wrote:
    MarcolapinMar wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:

If Amon is like Hitler then the series is going to get way more intense.
    The creators did say this show is gonna be more mature. After all it was just revealed Bloodbending can crush oragns.

UnovaChampion

[13]Apr 21, 2012
    • level: 19
    Mako and Amon both told their backstories. They sort of relate to each other, so I think it's possible. It would also give Mako and Bolin some drive to take down Amon.

Also, what Amon did might not of been energy bending. I heard a theory that Amon chi blocked those people's chakras so that they would have difficulty bending since they weren't spiritually experienced. Yea, Korra will probably lose her bending and deal with this sometime down the road. Perhaps it is not as permanent as Amon is trying to make it seem.

MarcolapinMar

[14]Apr 21, 2012
    UnovaChampion wrote:
    Amon is Amon.

It's very possible his backstory was a lie though in order to get people's support for his movement.

I'd also think it's possible that Bumi is behind the mask and maybe being related to an Avatar can give you those abilities, but Tenzin doesn't know how to do it and I think he'd also know what his brother is up to. I think I'd like to hear more about his siblings before that theory can have some validity.

What the Heck Bumi ???

I don't think there is a connection, on that I disagree. I doubt they twisted the story, that show has the tendancy to have seperate stories for each sides, good and bad. Not to mention that AMON is certainly older. Sure they have the same similitude, if AMON history is true.

Nerdnot

[15]Apr 21, 2012
    readapost wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    MarcolapinMar wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:

If Amon is like Hitler then the series is going to get way more intense.
    The creators did say this show is gonna be more mature. After all it was just revealed Bloodbending can crush oragns.

What when? How did I miss this!

Nerdnot

[16]Apr 21, 2012
    UnovaChampion wrote:
    Mako and Amon both told their backstories. They sort of relate to each other, so I think it's possible. It would also give Mako and Bolin some drive to take down Amon.

Also, what Amon did might not of been energy bending. I heard a theory that Amon chi blocked those people's chakras so that they would have difficulty bending since they weren't spiritually experienced. Yea, Korra will probably lose her bending and deal with this sometime down the road. Perhaps it is not as permanent as Amon is trying to make it seem.

That makes sense. It also means that Korra is probably the only person who can undo it. Well her and Tenzin maybe.

MarcolapinMar

[17]Apr 21, 2012
    I have a second though about AMON powers, I don't think it's chi related moves, it's really energy bending.

Here is my proof, if you watch the last episode of the third book, where Aang is doing the energy bending, everything ( except the effects red and blue kinda fight ) seem the same, Ozai is looking a bit everywhere, Aang's thumb is exactly where AMON placed it.

MarcolapinMar

[18]Apr 21, 2012
    I think it could be just a point of view, where you don't see whats going on like we were able to see it in the first series. I guess, the reason is why we don't see the show as a '' vilain '' perspective but as korra can see things.

[19]Apr 21, 2012
    UnovaChampion wrote:

I noticed that too. It can't just be a coincidence that a firebender killed both Mako's and Amon's families. But what if it has something to do with the fact that some firebenders are still holding a grudge? After 100 years of fighting, an animosity like that can't possibly go away. If we go back to the "firebender rebels" theory, they you can easily produce a group of firebenders (AKA benders), that would want to destroy the people "invading Fire Nation territory."

You have Mako and Bolin, who are obviously from a mixed firebender and earthbender family, which would be seen as rebel firebenders as some sort of abomination. Then you have Amon's family, which might have been a random innocent farmer family that decided they would go up against them.

Nerdnot

[20]Apr 21, 2012
    MarcolapinMar wrote:
    I have a second though about AMON powers, I don't think it's chi related moves, it's really energy bending.

Here is my proof, if you watch the last episode of the third book, where Aang is doing the energy bending, everything ( except the effects red and blue kinda fight ) seem the same, Ozai is looking a bit everywhere, Aang's thumb is exactly where AMON placed it.

Aang had his other hand on Ozais neck though, Amon didn't.