We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

QUESTION/ANSWER THREAD. FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS updated 22/7/08

Maylene

[4101]Jul 29, 2009
    • level: 13
    Water78 wrote:
    My idea for prequels would be they make three movies before the events in book 1. The first movie is about kyoshi the second about Ruko and the third is about the start of the war leading up to the events in book 1. Like the genocide and the other attacks on the other nations.

I am wondering what they have in mind for the prequel. I mean...it could be Roku's last years as the Avatar, showing us how it led to a war...or maybe Hakoda going out to war along with other men of his tribe. Hmmm. I don't know--although your prequels would be really long! ^^;; Three movies? Maybe they'll fit all of that into that one manga prequel since they don't have time limits like movies do.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Water78

[4102]Jul 29, 2009
    • level: 47
    Maylene wrote:
    Water78 wrote:
    My idea for prequels would be they make three movies before the events in book 1. The first movie is about kyoshi the second about Ruko and the third is about the start of the war leading up to the events in book 1. Like the genocide and the other attacks on the other nations.

I am wondering what they have in mind for the prequel. I mean...it could be Roku's last years as the Avatar, showing us how it led to a war...or maybe Hakoda going out to war along with other men of his tribe. Hmmm. I don't know--although your prequels would be really long! ^^;; Three movies? Maybe they'll fit all of that into that one manga prequel since they don't have time limits like movies do.

It depends on if the films are actually a success "knock on wood"

My idea was kinda just trying to strech out the series so we can have more of it.

Bunnygirl

[4103]Jul 30, 2009
    • level: 10
    How old were Zuko and Azula in the flashbacks during "Zuko Alone"?

AllieAllie

[4104]Jul 30, 2009
    • level: 22
    I think Zuko was 12 years old, which then means that Azula was 10.

Maylene

[4105]Jul 31, 2009
    AllieAllie wrote:
    I remember Zuko berating Ozai on banishing when he was 13 years old in Day of Black Sun--which would make a lot more sense since he's supposed to be 16 when the series starts out and he had been gone for 3 years. It would seem that in Avatar, no one has a specific birthday--or everyone's birthday is on the same day/season. XD

That would make Azula 11.

Water78 wrote:
    It depends on if the films are actually a success "knock on wood" My idea was kinda just trying to strech out the series so we can have more of it.

It would make sense, I mean, it would avoid crowding an intricate plot into a few hours.

Edited on 07/31/2009 2:16am

AllieAllie

[4106]Jul 31, 2009
    • level: 22
    Maylene wrote:
    AllieAllie wrote:
    I remember Zuko berating Ozai on banishing when he was 13 years old in Day of Black Sun--which would make a lot more sense since he's supposed to be 16 when the series starts out and he had been gone for 3 years. It would seem that in Avatar, no one has a specific birthday--or everyone's birthday is on the same day/season. XD

That's true, but did the flashbacks take place the year he was banished? I thought it was little before that.

Water78

[4107]Jul 31, 2009
    AllieAllie wrote:
    Maylene wrote:
    AllieAllie wrote:

That's true, but did the flashbacks take place the year he was banished? I thought it was little before that.

i thought it was from he was a little kid until he got burned

Maylene

[4108]Aug 1, 2009
    Water78 wrote:
    AllieAllie wrote:
    Maylene wrote:
    AllieAllie wrote:

Which flashbacks are you guys talking about? In "The Storm" the flashbacks are Zuko getting burned, and it's mentioned he was banished right afterwards. In "Zuko Alone," the flashback is of Zuko in his childhood before being banished or burned. In an episode in season three, where Zuko and Iroh are at the Western Air Temple, it takes place right after Zuko was burned and banished--and you can tell this is so because his scar is fresh (I think it may have been even covered up).

Water78

[4109]Aug 1, 2009
    Maylene wrote:
    Water78 wrote:
    AllieAllie wrote:
    Maylene wrote:
    AllieAllie wrote:

Which flashbacks are you guys talking about? In "The Storm" the flashbacks are Zuko getting burned, and it's mentioned he was banished right afterwards. In "Zuko Alone," the flashback is of Zuko in his childhood before being banished or burned. In an episode in season three, where Zuko and Iroh are at the Western Air Temple, it takes place right after Zuko was burned and banished--and you can tell this is so because his scar is fresh (I think it may have been even covered up).

The question was "How old were Zuko and Azula in the flashbacks during "Zuko Alone"?"
    So it was from his early years until banishment?

Maylene

[4110]Aug 1, 2009
    Water78 wrote:

The question was "How old were Zuko and Azula in the flashbacks during "Zuko Alone"?"

XDDD LMAO! I totally didn't read the "in the flashbacks during 'Zuko Alone'" part. Sorry. Hehee. I seem to have a knack for just seeing the first part of the question. I thought the person was asking Zuko and Azula's age in general. XDD

It's mentioned somewhere that Ozai's reign was very short because it was only 6 years. So in the flashbacks in "Zuko Alone" Zuko would have to be 10 years old, making Azula 8 years old. If you look at Zuko in "Zuko Alone" and "The Storm" flashbacks, it wouldn't fit that he was this tiny thing at 12 and then suddenly became "more mature" at 13.

So my answer to the original question is 10 and 8 yrs old respectively.

Bunnygirl

[4111]Aug 1, 2009
    Maylene wrote:
    Water78 wrote:

XDDD LMAO! I totally didn't read the "in the flashbacks during 'Zuko Alone'" part. Sorry. Hehee. I seem to have a knack for just seeing the first part of the question. I thought the person was asking Zuko and Azula's age in general. XDD

It's mentioned somewhere that Ozai's reign was very short because it was only 6 years. So in the flashbacks in "Zuko Alone" Zuko would have to be 10 years old, making Azula 8 years old. If you look at Zuko in "Zuko Alone" and "The Storm" flashbacks, it wouldn't fit that he was this tiny thing at 12 and then suddenly became "more mature" at 13.

So my answer to the original question is 10 and 8 yrs old respectively.

They were 10 and 8? Hm, I've been getting everything about them mixed up lately. Thanks!

Water78

[4112]Aug 1, 2009

I have a question

In the episode "The Old Masters" when aang talks to his past lifes. When he did/does that can other people see them or is aang the only one who can see them?

Jackson5050

[4113]Aug 1, 2009
    • level: 12
    Water78 wrote:

I have a question

In the episode "The Old Masters" when aang talks to his past lifes. When he did/does that can other people see them or is aang the only one who can see them?

That question is difficult to answer. So far as we know, only people who have ventured into the spirit world can see a spirit. For example, only Iroh, because he had traveled to the spirit world, could see Roku's dragon in "Episode 1-7." That is the likely answer to this question. Only those who have ventured into the spirit world would be able to see the respective spirits of the previous avatars.
    Edited on 08/01/2009 10:09pm

Water78

[4114]Aug 2, 2009
    Jackson5050 wrote:
    Water78 wrote:

I have a question

That question is difficult to answer. So far as we know, only people who have ventured into the spirit world can see a spirit. For example, only Iroh, because he had traveled to the spirit world, could see Roku's dragon in "Episode 1-7." That is the likely answer to this question. Only those who have ventured into the spirit world would be able to see the respective spirits of the previous avatars.

Sokka was also taken into the spirit world, in book 1

Jackson5050

[4115]Aug 2, 2009
    • level: 12
    I know he was. If my premise is true, he would be one of the few who could see the respective spirits of the previous avatars.

ChocolateMilk81

[4116]Aug 2, 2009
    Um... so can anyone tell me a good site to watch Avatar online... all the ones I've been on are really bad... xx

Water78

[4117]Aug 3, 2009
    ChocolateMilk81 wrote:
    Um... so can anyone tell me a good site to watch Avatar online... all the ones I've been on are really bad... xx

You could buy dvd sets for all three books. Or go to nick.com and watch some of the show on turbo nick.

CrimsonCy

[4118]Aug 4, 2009
    • level: 7

how does Momo know how to use a katana???

Who's the kid that can bend elements?

srebak

[4119]Aug 4, 2009
    • level: 18

1. If the Avatar can enter the Avatar state when extremely angry or sad, then i'm guessing it might not be wise to enrage the Avatar when fighting one, they may be vulnerable, but they are still at their most powerful.

2. What would happen if the Avatar was reborn in a position in one of the nation's government (a Water Tribe avatar was born a child of the Chief, an Earth Kingdom avatar was born the child of the Earth King, a Fire Nation avatar was born of the Fire Nation royal family and an Air Nomad avatar was born the child of the Abbot or Abbess)

3. Aang and Roku were only childs, but what would happen if the Avatar was born one of twins?

Water78

[4120]Aug 4, 2009

Let's see how bad i can mess this up

1. If the Avatar can enter the Avatar state when extremely angry or sad, then i'm guessing it might not be wise to enrage the Avatar when fighting one, they may be vulnerable, but they are still at their most powerful.

That's not even a question

2. What would happen if the Avatar was reborn in a position in one of the nation's government (a Water Tribe avatar was born a child of the Chief, an Earth Kingdom avatar was born the child of the Earth King, a Fire Nation avatar was born of the Fire Nation royal family and an Air Nomad avatar was born the child of the Abbot or Abbess)

They would still fill their destiny, no matter what.

3. Aang and Roku were only childs, but what would happen if the Avatar was born one of twins?

Depending on when the avatar preceding dies. Only one person can be the avatar at a time.