We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

QUESTION/ANSWER THREAD. FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS updated 22/7/08

orlandobl00

[4201]Jul 31, 2010
    • level: 1

why don't they play replays of avatar on nickelodeon and only on nicktoons network?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

elementavatar14

[4202]Jul 31, 2010
    • level: 8

orlandobl00 wrote:

why don't they play replays of avatar on nickelodeon and only on nicktoons network?

because satan rules nickelodeon these days. its science.

orlandobl00

[4203]Aug 1, 2010

I just think its weird that such a successful show was moved to a branch of nick instead of the mainstream portion

orlandobl00

[4204]Aug 9, 2010

This question has probably been answered but i can't find it. Who is the airbender in the opening scene of the show after azula? He has a mustache and i don't think its aang

ShantonuDas

[4205]Sep 21, 2010

how did aang enter in avater state in session 3 after the last chakkra was broken ?

Edited on 09/21/2010 10:22am

T7F

[4206]Sep 21, 2010
    • level: 7
    orlandobl00 wrote:

This question has probably been answered but i can't find it. Who is the airbender in the opening scene of the show after azula? He has a mustache and i don't think its aang

No one knows
    ShantonuDas wrote:
    how did aang enter in avater state in session 3 after the last chakkra was broken ?
    Azula locked his chakra, Ozai accidentally hit him with a rock there unlocking ti

captaintombatch

[4207]Sep 21, 2010
    • level: 32
    I think it was established much earlier in the thread that the airbender at the beginning of the show was Monk Gyatso.

T7F

[4208]Sep 22, 2010
    captaintombatch wrote:
    I think it was established much earlier in the thread that the airbender at the beginning of the show was Monk Gyatso.
    I doubt it

AllieAllie

[4209]Sep 23, 2010
    • level: 22

I'm not sure, but on here it says its Aang. I don't think thats right tho

http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Opening_Sequence

T7F

[4210]Sep 23, 2010
    AllieAllie wrote:

I'm not sure, but on here it says its Aang. I don't think thats right tho

http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Opening_Sequence

Yeah, the guys on Avatar Extras probably screwed up

srebak

[4211]Sep 30, 2010
    • level: 18

1. What shows do you think are the most similar to Avatar?

2. Humour me on this, please give an appropriate description of the physical features of the main cast. Their bodies, their hair, their clothes, that sort of thing.

AllieAllie

[4212]Sep 30, 2010

Some people say that Naruto is similar to avatar

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naruto

Another one's Shaolin Showdown

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaolin_showdown

the series ended but you can find another way to watch it if you wnat

elementavatar14

[4213]Oct 8, 2010
    • level: 8

T7F wrote:
    captaintombatch wrote:
    I doubt it

i do rememer a big debate about it back in the day.i'm pretty sure the majority vote was on Monk Gyatso.

srebak

[4214]Apr 20, 2011

1. I know it was established clearly that Zuko and Azula hated each other. But hypothetically, how do you think the show would've gone if their history was like this?;

Zuko and Azula were very close as children, Zuko looked after his sister and Azula always enjoyed her brother's company. But after their Mother's "disappearence" their relationship started to go sour. But their past would always make it hard for them to truly hurt the other.

2. I know that Avatar has a much larger fanbase, its characters are more developed and its story was far better written. But their something about Xiaolin Showdown that makesme slightly prefer it over Avatar. Any theories on that?

captaintombatch

[4215]Apr 21, 2011
    • level: 32
    srebak wrote:

1. I know it was established clearly that Zuko and Azula hated each other. But hypothetically, how do you think the show would've gone if their history was like this?;

Zuko and Azula were very close as children, Zuko looked after his sister and Azula always enjoyed her brother's company. But after their Mother's "disappearence" their relationship started to go sour. But their past would always make it hard for them to truly hurt the other.

2. I know that Avatar has a much larger fanbase, its characters are more developed and its story was far better written. But their something about Xiaolin Showdown that makesme slightly prefer it over Avatar. Any theories on that?

1. I would say that the show was done quite well to establish the hated of Zuko and Azula. Most of it was fueled by Ozai not respecting Zuko as much as Azula. The show would have gone mostly the same, and the epic fight between the two of them at the end would have still happened.

2. All of what you said in that first sentence is true. Xiaolin Showdown was a pretty popular show but it had one major flaw in it that Avatar The Last Airbender got very well. A villian. I do not consider Jack Spicer or his evil spirit to be good villians in the show. The duels though in Xiaolin Showdown were better than in The Last Airbender, with the exception of the Ozai/Aang duel. Best duel since Anakin/Obi-Wan in Star Wars Episode III. So is Xiaolin Showdown better than Avatar overall, I would say no.

pooldude256

[4216]May 30, 2011
    • level: 38

elementavatar14 wrote:

T7F wrote:
    captaintombatch wrote:
    I doubt it

i do rememer a big debate about it back in the day.i'm pretty sure the majority vote was on Monk Gyatso.

Yep it's Monk Gyatso, I believe.

Rd_Dude

[4217]Jun 1, 2011
    • level: 4

captaintombatch wrote:
    srebak wrote:

1. I would say that the show was done quite well to establish the hated of Zuko and Azula. Most of it was fueled by Ozai not respecting Zuko as much as Azula. The show would have gone mostly the same, and the epic fight between the two of them at the end would have still happened. 2. All of what you said in that first sentence is true. Xiaolin Showdown was a pretty popular show but it had one major flaw in it that Avatar The Last Airbender got very well. A villian. I do not consider Jack Spicer or his evil spirit to be good villians in the show. The duels though in Xiaolin Showdown were better than in The Last Airbender, with the exception of the Ozai/Aang duel. Best duel since Anakin/Obi-Wan in Star Wars Episode III. So is Xiaolin Showdown better than Avatar overall, I would say no.

I agree, the show did a great and simple job in establishing the "hatred" between Zuko and Azula. Zuko was Ursa's favorite and Azula was Ozai's favorite and there's quite a bit of jealousy coming from both parties. Zuko wanted his father's respect and Azula felt like her mother never loved her (we saw a bit of that in The Beach and Sozin's Comet). They were deliberately made opposites in character to make Azula the Nemesis of Zuko in season 2 and 3. I think if they would've had a better relationship in their youth it would've made things a lot more complicated...

srebak

[4218]Nov 23, 2011

I've seen the advanced pages of "The Promise" and i have twogrievances

I'll try to word this as best i can,

1. After the Sozin's Comet battle and we saw everyone in Ba Sing Se, part of me believed that the group would remain together (except Zuko, who, naturally, had to remain in his home land). But now it seems that, with Toph going off on her own to start her own school and Suki heading back to Kyoshi, it seems like the group has gone back to just the original five. Please clarify

2. If Suki and the others are guarding Zuko, what does this mean for her relationship with Sokka?

AllieAllie

[4219]Nov 24, 2011

I don't think they have to stay together all the time for them to still be a group. I think even if they go off to do other things, they'll still be the boomerang gang. I mean eventually Katara will split off from Sokka with Aang and Sokka will go do something else. As for Suki, it wasn't addressed but I think they're probably still together. Maybe they visit each other?