We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

QUESTION/ANSWER THREAD. FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS updated 22/7/08

tomtitan

[1]Dec 28, 2007
    • level: 19

Hi there! Me again. I feel pretty bad for getting Ask A Question, Get an Answer 2 locked, so I've made a new one! I feel the Question/Answer thread is very important, because without it lots of unnecessary threads are being created, for example 'what was the name of episode 201?' is a question that can be answered here, it doesn't need a new thread to be created.

This thread (in case you didn't know) is a thread where any question can be asked, for example, the ever so popular 'when will the next episode air?', if you have any question concerning the show, this forum etc. please use this thread, don't make another one.

ONE MORE THING! Under no circumstances can the contents of the Sozin's Comet book be mentioned in this thread, ever. I REPEAT, DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE CONTENTS OF THE SOZIN'S COMET BOOK.

ONE MORE THING! (oy vey!) i really don't care how many times the same question has been answered, it will still be answered, that's the entire point of the thread. so don't feel intimidated by the large size of the thread, YOUR QUESTION WILL GET ANSWERED!!!

ONE MORE THING! I saw this question posted here:

Murellus wrote:
    The walls of Ba Sing Se have a perimeter of 50 miles and a thickness of 10 meters. The height of its walls is 350m with double crenellations with a pattern of 25 35cmx40cmx30cm blocks of stone equidistant of each other per 100m, the same stone used to construct its walls. Excluding the amount of stone used to construct towers and gates and assuming that every stone block is roughly homologous, what is the maximum amount of blocks used to construct Ba Sing Se's walls?

and I feel the need to make an addition to the rules, no stupid questions like that. Seriously we go to this forum to escape our everyday lives, we don't need reminding that we have to do maths problems thankyou very much! Seriously, Murellus, be serious. I am serious Tom, this is serious thread.

If you have a question, try looking around this site. It has a lot of infomation for all things Avatar-ish, and your question may be answered there.

Still not answered? Try the official Nick.com Avatar site here.

STILL not answered? No worries, it'll probably be in my...

FAQ SECTION!!!!!1

Frequently asked questions here:

Q: Will there be any more Avatar ever?

A: NOTHING has been confirmed officially, and I refuse to say that those so-called 'mini-episodes' will happen because I don't want to get people's hopes up only to have them crushed if they don't happen. So until we get OFFICIAL confirmation live under the impression that the show has ended. Hence the show's status being changed to 'ended'.

Q: Where is Ursa?

A: There is no official answer on this. It was pretty much a cliffhanger. If you want an opinion, here's mine: Ursa is hiding in some little Earth Kingdom village that Ozai knows the location of and has told Zuko. Zuko will go and find her and bring her home and nothing worthy of mentioning will happen on the journey. Basically, he'll find her and bring her back, nothing special, hence the reason it was left out of the finale.

Q: Is this the last season?

A: Yes. The show ends with Sozin's Comet, hence the subtitle 'the Final Battle'.

Q: What does 'George' mean?

A: George is the name given to the Sokka/Suki ship, the same way 'kataang' refers to katara/aang, or zutara refers to zuko/katara. Don't ask why, it's a loooooooong story, just accept it.

Q: If fire has lightning, earth has metal and water has blood, what does air have?

A: Nothing, deal with it. Plus metal isn't the advanced earthbending, only toph can do it, the advanced earthbending is sticking to walls, i know, it's lame, deal with it.

Q: What happened to Ask A Question, Get An Answer 1/2?

A: Both went too off-topic and got locked, so i made this one.

Q: What does *insert term here* mean?

A: There are many various internet terms we use here, almost everyone will know 'lol', but there are many more. I B T L means 'in before the lock', basically when a thread is so stupid we just wait for the mods (guys in charge) or editor (guy in charge, less power than mod) to lock the thread, meaning it can't be posted in. NOTE: I B T L is now a forbidden phrase. Do not use it. FTW stands for 'for the win', internet expression, if XYZ is really good, we say 'XYZ FTW!'. N00B is a derogatory term that refers to someone who is, or acts in a way that only new people would, e.g. being obnoxious, or not using this thread to ask questions. NOTE: N00B isn't the same as newb. newb is a new person, not necessarily a bad thing. /thread means endthread. If a thread is dull, useless or has had its question answered, people will say /thread, it never actually ends the thread (unfortunately) but it does show that people are uninterested. Bump is what you say when you wish to make an old thread appear on the front page. If you 'bump' a page from really far back it's called forum necromancy, which is bad. QFT means 'quoted for truth'. if someone really agrees with a statement someone else said, they will quote it and say QFT. Quoted for truth. ZOMG is a deliberate typo of the acronym OMG (oh my god), this probably originated from the fact that the 'z' button is located next to the shift button, which is usd to capslock OMG. tl;dr stands for too long; didn't read. If you post a wall of text (a long long speech with no paragraphing) or if your post is just too long, don't be surprised if people say tl;dr. Also, some people are very kind and make tl;dr versions of long posts, and sometimes people will ask for tl;dr versions of posts. Bryke is an abbreviation of Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko, the co-creators of Avatar.

Q: How old is *insert character name here*?

Aang 12/112

Sokka 15

Katara 14

Toph 12

Zuko 16

Azula 14

Mai 15

Teo 13

Yue 16

Gran Gran 80

Koko 8

Bumi 112

Shyu 60

The Duke 8

Guru Pathik 150

The Herbalist 80

Chief Arnook 50

Hahn 17

Q: How do i make spoiler tabs?

A: (spoiler)insert text here(/spoiler) except instead of using (these brackets) you use [these brackets].

Q: How do i level up on TV.com?

A: Writing reviews, blogs, posts, making contributons to episodes, they will all help you level up. It's also worth noting that making a new thread will give you just as many points as posting in an old thread. So don't make new threads just to level up quickly. It won't work.

Q: How do i post pictures?

A: Either (IMG) insert image URL here (/IMG) (with []those brackets) or click on that tree in the options bar, put the URL in the first field, leave the others empty and press submit. NOTE: only level 3+ may post pictures.

Q: Where can i watch avatar episodes online?

A: Legally i can't give you nice answers like veoh or livevideo or www.theavatarportal.org , all i can legally say is turbonick, which s**ks for international folk (like me) who can't access it, what i can say is DO NOT VISIT watch-avatar.com, avatarchapters.net or any site that mentions 'zango'. It will download adware onto your computer, even if you decline, do not visit those sites, they make money off the back of the avatar fandom. which s**ks.

Q: Was Avatar affected by the writers' strike?

A: No. the Avatar writers never went on strike, it would be kinda pointless to go on strike since the writers had finished writing the scripts before the strike even started.

Q: Will there be a Book 4: Air?

A: No, there will be no book 4, or any spinoff, at least until all 3 avatar live action movies are completed. Deal with it. Although Bryke have said they're considering some stuff. No matter what happens they've confirmed season 3 marks the end of Aang and Zuko's stories.

Q: There's going to be 3 avatar live action movies?

A: That's right, Manoj Night Shyalaman (he's a director, he made lady in the water, the village and several others) fell in love with the series, and is working closely with the creators of avatar to make 3 live action movies, one for each season. for more info check out 'The Last Airbender: Official Movie News and Discussion'.

Q: When did Iroh go into the spirit world/How will the airbenders be repopulated?

A: There is no definite answer. any answer you receive for these questions or similar ones is almost entirely speculation. Oh, and Bryke said we won't find out about Iroh's trip to the Spirit World in this series.

Q: Is Jet dead?

A: Yes. The creators confirmed that Jet was killed by Long Feng. He is never coming back. We will never see him again. Deal with it. Oh, and Zhao's dead too. Yeah I'm looking at you Noselfcontrol, face the truth.

Q: My question isn't answered here, what do i do?

A: Ask it in this thread! That's what it's here for! If it gets asked enough times i'll update this list of questions. But until then, this is the FAQ section. Hope it helped!

Edited on 07/22/2008 1:56pm
    Edited 50 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

F3rr3t

[2]Dec 28, 2007
    • level: 3
    Wouldn't it be better if Pooldude did that? But it's a nice gesture.

andrep007

[3]Dec 28, 2007
    • level: 7
    tars
    tomtitan wrote:

hi there! me again. i feel pretty bad for getting the last AAQGAA thread locked, so i've made a new one! i feel the AAQGAA thread is very important, because without it lots of unnecessary threads are being created, for example 'what was the name of episode 201?' is a question that can be answered here, it doesn't need a new thread to be created.

this thread (in case you didn't know) is a thread where any question can be asked, for example, the ever so popular 'when will 313 air?', if you have any question concerning the show, this forum etc. please use this thread, don't make another one.

so pooldude, please pin this, it will help the whole community so much.

thanks,

tomtitan

oh, btw, before you get any ideas, FIRST!

we really need this thread, but is not PD we have to talk about this, its to the noobs (no offence) that we have to talk to, they just keep creating new threads, lets make sure they now about this, and USE IT!

tomtitan

[4]Dec 28, 2007
    F3rr3t wrote:
    Wouldn't it be better if Pooldude did that? But it's a nice gesture.

i guess, gut as long as the AAQGAA gets made it doesn't really matter.

tomtitan

[5]Dec 28, 2007
    andrep007 wrote:
    tars
    tomtitan wrote:

hi there! me again. i feel pretty bad for getting the last AAQGAA thread locked, so i've made a new one! i feel the AAQGAA thread is very important, because without it lots of unnecessary threads are being created, for example 'what was the name of episode 201?' is a question that can be answered here, it doesn't need a new thread to be created.

this thread (in case you didn't know) is a thread where any question can be asked, for example, the ever so popular 'when will 313 air?', if you have any question concerning the show, this forum etc. please use this thread, don't make another one.

thanks,

tomtitan

we really need this thread, but is not PD we have to talk about this, its to the noobs (no offence) that we have to talk to, they just keep creating new threads, lets make sure they now about this, and USE IT!

if this thread gets pinned i will put 'PLEASE USE THIS THREAD FOR ANY QUESTIONS' in the title.

andrep007

[6]Dec 28, 2007
    tomtitan wrote:
    andrep007 wrote:
    tars
    tomtitan wrote:

thanks,

tomtitan

if this thread gets pinned i will put 'PLEASE USE THIS THREAD FOR ANY QUESTIONS' in the title.

that must do the trick

tomtitan

[7]Dec 28, 2007
    andrep007 wrote:
    tomtitan wrote:
    andrep007 wrote:
    tars
    tomtitan wrote:

thanks,

tomtitan

that must do the trick

obviously i don't expect all noobish threads to be solved by this thread, but having this thread does reduce the number of pointless threads.

andrep007

[8]Dec 28, 2007
    tomtitan wrote:
    andrep007 wrote:
    tomtitan wrote:
    andrep007 wrote:
    tars
    tomtitan wrote:

thanks,

tomtitan

that must do the trick

obviously i don't expect all noobish threads to be solved by this thread, but having this thread does reduce the number of pointless threads.

well i don't think it will reduce the number, all noob dream is to creat a new thread

tomtitan

[9]Dec 28, 2007
    andrep007 wrote:
    tomtitan wrote:
    andrep007 wrote:
    tomtitan wrote:
    andrep007 wrote:
    tars
    tomtitan wrote:

thanks,

tomtitan

that must do the trick

well i don't think it will reduce the number, every noob's dream is to create a new thread

fix'd for spelling and grammar.

andrep007

[10]Dec 28, 2007
    tomtitan wrote:
    andrep007 wrote:
    tomtitan wrote:
    andrep007 wrote:
    tomtitan wrote:
    andrep007 wrote:
    tars
    tomtitan wrote:

thanks,

tomtitan

that must do the trick

well i don't think it will reduce the number, every noob's dream is to create a new thread

yeah burned me

tomtitan

[11]Dec 28, 2007
    andrep007 wrote:
    tomtitan wrote:
    andrep007 wrote:
    tomtitan wrote:
    andrep007 wrote:
    tomtitan wrote:
    andrep007 wrote:
    tars
    tomtitan wrote:

thanks,

tomtitan

that must do the trick

yeah burned me

this is how the grammar thought police rolls.

on topic: does anyone actually have any questions?

amat092

[12]Dec 28, 2007
    tomtitan wrote:
    andrep007 wrote:
    tomtitan wrote:
    andrep007 wrote:
    tomtitan wrote:
    andrep007 wrote:
    tomtitan wrote:
    andrep007 wrote:
    tars
    tomtitan wrote:

thanks,

tomtitan

that must do the trick

yeah burned me

well, I would consider myself a noob, but I havent even made a thread yet, cause I know where to find answers...stupid noobies!!!

tomtitan

[13]Dec 28, 2007
    amat092 wrote:
    tomtitan wrote:
    andrep007 wrote:
    tomtitan wrote:
    andrep007 wrote:
    tomtitan wrote:
    andrep007 wrote:
    tomtitan wrote:
    andrep007 wrote:
    tars
    tomtitan wrote:

thanks,

tomtitan

that must do the trick

yeah burned me

well, I would consider myself a noob, but I havent even made a thread yet, cause I know where to find answers...stupid noobies!!!

a thread has just been made called 'episode 312 the western air temple', granted that's not a question thread but you have to admit noobs do make a lot of pointless threads. if you haven't, good for you! if you know where to find answers, good for you! but for clueless n00bs, AAQGAA is the place to find answers.

simsfreak098968

[14]Dec 28, 2007
    • level: 11
    when will episode 313 air? i thought it was going to air tonight or next friday but im not sure.

tomtitan

[15]Dec 28, 2007
    simsfreak098968 wrote:
    when will episode 313 air? i thought it was going to air tonight or next friday but im not sure.

nobody knows for sure, some say tonight, some say next week, some say none of those, there's no definite article, we'll just have to wait and see.

simsfreak098968

[16]Dec 28, 2007
    • level: 11
    okay uumm....thanks?

andrep007

[17]Dec 28, 2007
    tomtitan wrote:
    amat092 wrote:
    tomtitan wrote:
    andrep007 wrote:
    tomtitan wrote:
    andrep007 wrote:
    tomtitan wrote:
    andrep007 wrote:
    tomtitan wrote:
    andrep007 wrote:
    tars
    tomtitan wrote:

thanks,

tomtitan

that must do the trick

yeah burned me

this is how the grammar thought police rolls. on topic: does anyone actually have any questions?
    a thread has just been made called 'episode 312 the western air temple', granted that's not a question thread but you have to admit noobs do make a lot of pointless threads. if you haven't, good for you! if you know where to find answers, good for you! but for clueless n00bs, AAQGAA is the place to find answers.

please call it Q&A is so much easier!

Kevin27NYI

[18]Dec 28, 2007
    a lot of people make there own threads becuase in this thread you get only one answer but when you make your own thread you get 20. 10 ppl saying go to this thread and ten answering your question. but i like this thread in the begining but when you reach a high number, a lot of questions get slipped. but there are some that go to two pages behind to answer qeustins which is nice of hem

tomtitan

[19]Dec 28, 2007
    Kevin27NYI wrote:
    a lot of people make there own threads becuase in this thread you get only one answer but when you make your own thread you get 20. 10 ppl saying go to this thread and ten answering your question. but i like this thread in the begining but when you reach a high number, a lot of questions get slipped. but there are some that go to two pages behind to answer qeustins which is nice of hem

unless there's about 400 posts since i last left, i'll go back and check all unread posts to answer questions, so your question will get answered.

oh, and about your first point, all 10 answers will be wrong, pointless or the same.

andrep007

[20]Dec 28, 2007

tomtitan wrote:
    Kevin27NYI wrote:
    unless there's about 400 posts since i last left, i'll go back and check all unread posts to answer questions, so your question will get answered. oh, and about your first point, all 10 answers will be wrong, pointless or the same.

which makes of this thread a good thing, cause you get one (possibly) correct answer