We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

QUESTION/ANSWER THREAD. FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS updated 22/7/08

AllieAllie

[4061]May 30, 2009
    • level: 22
    No prob.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Maxwell_1989

[4062]May 31, 2009
    • level: 1
    I used to see episodes of avatar on TV from time to time but I only recently became a fan, I just spent the past few days watching all the episodes of avatar, and I loved it. but frankly, I want more. 3 seasons is very short, even though I understand why they did it that way. Anyone know if there's a possibility of continuing the story? Seems they left a lot of unfinished business... the face stealing spirit said they'd meet again but they never did, zuko's mom, and balance has not been restored because there are no airbenders... it seems to me that there is enough to continue the story with the same characters. Any chance we'll get to see new stories with Aang and the rest of the gang?

I mean, the first 3 books would be like their own show, all about defeating the firelord and restoring peace. Then they could make a 'new show' which would have all the same characters but the focus would be on restoring balance to the world, restoring the airbenders and cleaning up the damage done by the fire nation. I think they could get 3 more seasons out of that.

AllieAllie

[4063]May 31, 2009
    Mike and Brian, the creators, have said that they do plan to create a new Avatar series but it won't be with the same characters. So we probably won't ever get the answers to all of our questions. I know, it sucks this has been really bothering me too. But there are still three live action Avatar movies to look forward too.

Maxwell_1989

[4064]May 31, 2009
    • level: 1
    yeah those will be cool, but it'll just be the same stories over again. I'd really prefer to see new stories with these characters. I mean, they're very young characters, they have a lot of story left to tell. It doesn't make much sense not to tell it.

AllieAllie

[4065]Jun 1, 2009
    You're right, it doesn't. I wish the creators would make another Avatar series with the same characters. I guess they feel that Avatar will become stale and lose its awesomness if they keep telling stories with the same characters-like the Simpsons.

gilvatar

[4066]Jun 1, 2009
    • level: 17
    AllieAllie wrote:
    You're right, it doesn't. I wish the creators would make another Avatar series with the same characters. I guess they feel that Avatar will become stale and lose its awesomness if they keep telling stories with the same characters-like the Simpsons.
    Yeah but they won't be telling pointless stories for what? 20 years? When did Simpsons start?

AllieAllie

[4067]Jun 1, 2009

gilvatar wrote:
    AllieAllie wrote:
    Yeah but they won't be telling pointless stories for what? 20 years? When did Simpsons start?

True. I think that he Simpsons started in 1989.

Brando95

[4068]Jun 7, 2009
    • level: 4
    I have a question. Is it okay for me to post a fan fiction about Avatar that I'm working on or will it cause a problem like people keep telling me?

KikitheFiend

[4069]Jun 7, 2009
    • level: 14
    Brando95 wrote:
    I have a question. Is it okay for me to post a fan fiction about Avatar that I'm working on or will it cause a problem like people keep telling me?
    You can't post one on the board. You can put it in your blog though. If you do, you could put a link to it in your signature and update people reading it in the Off-Topic Lounge here.

Brando95

[4070]Jun 7, 2009
    Thanks! ^_^

blueslayzler

[4071]Jun 11, 2009
    • level: 3
    I have a question, is the Avatar world round? Because if it was round, then the Fire Nation would just go the other way to get to Basing Se instead of going through western shore. And the southern and northern hemispheres would have opposite seasons. Just a curious question.

Brando95

[4072]Jun 11, 2009
    That's a good question. The writers probably never gave any thought to different seasons around the world.

blueslayzler

[4073]Jun 11, 2009
    • level: 3
    Brando95 wrote:
    That's a good question. The writers probably never gave any thought to different seasons around the world.

Well i appreciate the reply, jeez it's so sad that this forum is dead

Brando95

[4074]Jun 11, 2009
    I know. I wanted to post my fan fiction about Avatar here but they said that there would be cluttering. But, to me it seems like there's nobody to clutter the forums. ^_^;

AllieAllie

[4075]Jun 12, 2009

Brando95 wrote:

Yeah, I don't think they did, The writers didn't pay much attention to time spans either.

Brando95

[4076]Jun 12, 2009
    AllieAllie wrote:

Brando95 wrote:

Yeah, I don't think they did, The writers didn't pay much attention to time spans either.

Well, they kind of did. They had an episode for the winter solstice which is time-ish. Also, they had the beginning of spring. They went through all of the seasons so that the show lasted about one year.

gilvatar

[4077]Jun 12, 2009
    Brando95 wrote:
    I know. I wanted to post my fan fiction about Avatar here but they said that there would be cluttering. But, to me it seems like there's nobody to clutter the forums. ^_^;
    It's not clutter. It's just that its a rule and the Mods will have you're head.

Brando95

[4078]Jun 13, 2009
    gilvatar wrote:
    Brando95 wrote:

Oh. Why do they have rules against Fan Fictions?

gilvatar

[4079]Jun 13, 2009
    Brando95 wrote:
    gilvatar wrote:
    Brando95 wrote:

Idk it has to do with advertising or something.

Jackson5050

[4080]Jun 15, 2009
    • level: 12
    Brando95 wrote:
    gilvatar wrote:
    Brando95 wrote:

If everyone posted their fanfics, then it would clutter the board. To ensure that this does not transpire, the rules prohibit it. You are allowed to post your fanfic in your blog.