We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Colonel_Brian

[101]Jul 31, 2006
    • level: 12
    I know you said kind of "lame" but judfing from you're reveiw you obviously like it why resort as low to that when you claimed it was a favored show in you're book.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Nilihist

[102]Jul 31, 2006
    • level: 4

Colonel_Brian wrote:
    I know you said kind of "lame" but judfing from you're reveiw you obviously like it why resort as low to that when you claimed it was a favored show in you're book.
    I like the story line but i'm kinda getting sick of it.I forgot to delete my review.I think i'll start watching it again around season 3.
    Edited on 07/31/2006 9:35pm

Colonel_Brian

[103]Jul 31, 2006
    Juding from what you said you really don't like the elemnt of Earth so much well I'l inform you when Season 3 starts.

Breakflame

[104]Aug 1, 2006
    • level: 8

Colonel_Brian wrote:
    Juding from what you said you really don't like the elemnt of Earth so much well I'l inform you when Season 3 starts.

I know what he means. I hate Earth.

Oh wait. We live on Earth.

I love Earth.

Edited on 07/31/2006 11:26pm

N4rut0f4n

[105]Aug 1, 2006
    • level: 1

Uh.....You can't really say who would win cuz its 2 different shows and 2 different fighting styles.But i have to say if u see all the naruto episodes i would have to say that Naruto characters would whoop them hand down....Naruto and lvl 2 curse mark and chirodi(cant spell right),Naruto and in ninetail fox mode and rasengan would own??Aang??and,sakura can just smack through katara's water or ice whatever and one hit KO for sakura not to mention how well she controls her chakra and stuff and itachi would own with his illusion hand down and his speed god....Sry but Naruto would own Avatar but who knows u can't really say who would win cuz like i said 2 different shows 2 different fighting styles....

N4rut0f4n

[106]Aug 1, 2006
    • level: 1
    Oh yea by the way Avatar characters arent the only ones with elemntal attacks lol of course Avatar characters bend it.Naruto character use chakra to use it but they have speed which is good and also Itachi would own anybody lol they can't escape his illusions no matter what they try.....BTW Angs air bending is nothing compared to Temari's fan lol....Katara's water bending doesnt match up against Haku's jutsu...Sokka well his physical attacks wont harm anyone...theres Fire jutsu's that look way stronger than fire bending lol althought lighting element i forgot if i seen anyone on Naruto do one lol.

J-ni11

[107]Aug 1, 2006
    • level: 11

N4rut0f4n wrote:
    Oh yea by the way Avatar characters arent the only ones with elemntal attacks lol of course Avatar characters bend it.Naruto character use chakra to use it but they have speed which is good and also Itachi would own anybody lol they can't escape his illusions no matter what they try.....BTW Angs air bending is nothing compared to Temari's fan lol....Katara's water bending doesnt match up against Haku's jutsu...Sokka well his physical attacks wont harm anyone...theres Fire jutsu's that look way stronger than fire bending lol althought lighting element i forgot if i seen anyone on Naruto do one lol.

I'm gonna let that go by saying you have missed alot of episodes of avatar.

Master_M2K

[108]Aug 1, 2006
    • level: 58
    Nilihist wrote:

**** wrote:
    Yea, People from avatar would destroy Naruto.. No questions asked..
    I disagree,Kyubi vs anng: naruto would come out the winner.Sokka will always get himself f*cked.Also Katara needs a water skin to bend.While in naruto they can bring out water from nowhere.Besides avatar is kinda lame,it would be better if it was more of an adult show.The show needs blood,gore,more violence,and cussing

No it don't need to be more adult because its good enough as it is; a funny show with great fight sequences which are only interupted by a joke or funny moment & not by talking.

Colonel_Brian

[109]Aug 1, 2006

Master_M2K wrote:
    Nilihist wrote:
    **** wrote:
    Yea, People from avatar would destroy Naruto.. No questions asked..
    I disagree,Kyubi vs anng: naruto would come out the winner.Sokka will always get himself f*cked.Also Katara needs a water skin to bend.While in naruto they can bring out water from nowhere.Besides avatar is kinda lame,it would be better if it was more of an adult show.The show needs blood,gore,more violence,and cussing
    No it don't need to be more adult because its good enough as it is; a funny show with great fight sequences which are only interupted by a joke or funny moment & not by talking.

Yep Avatar needs no changes.

Nilihist

[110]Aug 1, 2006
    The reason why I still watch season 2 is I don't want to be confused in seson 3.

Colonel_Brian

[111]Aug 1, 2006
    Well keep watching cause season two was more about strory develpment than action and when it gets to the mid season it will become action packed like season one.

Nilihist

[112]Aug 1, 2006
    Maybe to attract more of an adult crowd,They should make an adult version.This way they can sweep in more fans.

Hoshie26

[113]Aug 1, 2006
    Well I made a mistake but still if Ty lee got a chance she could win against Rock lee but chances are slim..

Colonel_Brian

[114]Aug 1, 2006
    Well Mike and Bryan did wanted to exploit certain themes in the sow but part of it is restricted by Nick.

DeathandDoom

[115]Aug 2, 2006
    • level: 3

I really think that a lot of people are underestimating Sokka; he may have no special powers, but he's a good fighter in his own right. That's why I paired him up with Shikamaru from the Chunin Exams - because it seemed to be the only real close fight involving Sokka.

While Shikamaru is a genius, he seems pretty wimpy in battle. Granted, I haven't seen his fight with Temari yet, but from what I have seen, Sokka would have the definite advantage in close quarters combat. True, Shikamaru does have his Shadow Possession jutsu, and he has come up with creative ways to make it work for him. But the Shadow Possession has some serious flaws in it - it is very easy to see Shikamaru's shadow expand, it only lasts for five minutes, and since the opponent mirrors all of his moves, Shikamaru can't use his jutsu to attack his opponents without attacking himself. Heck, it's not any good even for holding an opponent still for others to attack, since any damage to the opponent is reflected on Shikamaru.

One other thing to consider is the drive between the two characters. On one hand, we have Sokka, who has been spending all of his life training to be a proud warrior of the Water Tribe. On the other, we have Shikamaru, who from what I've heard, doesn't even want to be a ninja.

J-ni11

[116]Aug 2, 2006
    • level: 11
    DeathandDoom wrote:
    I really think that a lot of people are underestimating Sokka; he may have no special powers, but he's a good fighter in his own right. That's why I paired him up with Shikamaru from the Chunin Exams - because it seemed to be the only real close fight involving Sokka.

While Shikamaru is a genius, he seems pretty wimpy in battle. Granted, I haven't seen his fight with Temari yet, but from what I have seen, Sokka would have the definite advantage in close quarters combat. True, Shikamaru does have his Shadow Possession jutsu, and he has come up with creative ways to make it work for him. But the Shadow Possession has some serious flaws in it - it is very easy to see Shikamaru's shadow expand, it only lasts for five minutes, and since the opponent mirrors all of his moves, Shikamaru can't use his jutsu to attack his opponents without attacking himself. Heck, it's not any good even for holding an opponent still for others to attack, since any damage to the opponent is reflected on Shikamaru.

One other thing to consider is the drive between the two characters. On one hand, we have Sokka, who has been spending all of his life training to be a proud warrior of the Water Tribe. On the other, we have Shikamaru, who from what I've heard, doesn't even want to be a ninja.
    Actually if the person who he uses shadow freeze on takes damage it doesn't reflect onto him as well. Your thinking of ino's mind possesion jutsu. Although i agree that sooka is a great warrior he wouldn't beat anyone from naruto simply because they can use chakara to enhance their speed and strengh. Shikla is probably a good match since he doesn't know any jutsu other than that one but the does train even thou he is lazy as hell and he would still win.

Eman5805

[117]Aug 2, 2006
    • level: 14

DeathandDoom wrote:

you're half right...since its easy to see his shadow expand it makes it harder to use unless he's creative...but the damage thing seems to be iffy...in his battle with Imari or whatever her name was she got hit on the head real hard and was knocked out but Shikamaru was fine...or atleast his head is so hard he didn't feel it...

Comedy_Addict

[118]Aug 2, 2006
    • level: 2

DeathandDoom wrote:

You didn't really have to tell use that you didn't see the fight with Temari, we can pretty much get that assumption from your post. Just to get this straight is someone is caught in Shimararu's Kagemane no Justu any damage inflicted to them does not get reflected to Shikamaru. As I believe someone pointed out that is probably Ino's Shintenshin no Jutsu your thinking about.

Now as to why Shikamaru would win-

1. He is smarter. I know that Sokka is smart, I mean not many people in the Avatar world could figure out how to fix a hot airballoon or how to find a gas leek, but Shikamaru is way smarter.

2. Later on in the series Shikamaru gets a new jutsu, the Kage Kubi no Jutsu (Shadow Neck Bind Technique), which works by first trapping the the target in Shikamaru's shadow to stop the from moving, and then the shadow choke the victim to death.

3. As for it being easy to notice the shadow, if you never saw the jutsu before you wouldn't usually think about looking at someones shadow. Also if you are fighting in a forest or somewhere with a lot of shadows but still a good amount of light, the Shikamaru's shadown can blend in with the shadows of the plants and trees'

PLCTheCd

[119]Aug 2, 2006
    • level: 9
    Knowing Shikamaru he's gonna say "What a drag/pain" Or "Mendokuse" (Bothersome in Japanese)

qweasdzse

[120]Aug 2, 2006
    • level: 10

Wow this topic is alive. I'm confused about shikamaru's Kage mane no jutsu when he had Garra traped in his jutsu when Naruto punched garra in the face and it appeared as though shikamaru was hurt by this. But its no matter because his new Kage Nui no jutsu would stab the sh't out??of??sokka.

Itachi's genjustu would pretty much destroy anyone in the world of avatar on a one on one battle.??Exept toph??who he would kill with bushin bakuha or Ameratsu pretty easily.

Edited on 08/02/2006 5:12pm