We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

ty14animeguy

[141]Aug 3, 2006
    • level: 6

Aang

Naruto

itachi

Katara

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Oronuke

[142]Aug 3, 2006
    • level: 4
    Wow you guys sure got this thread going quick so after reading the first 2 pages I decided to skip to this part. Problems pop up when asking people that at least 95% are biased.

(1) Naturally a person who likes one show better will stuck up for it, they can post huge paragraphs trying they are being "fair" but deep down and in most post you'll see the favorite shine.

(2) These two shows are very different. The style of bending compared to use of chakra to perform strange techniques are just to weird to compare. Heres a good example.

Gaara vs. Well Trained Sandbender

Could the Master sandbender remove Gaara's source of sand and be able to negate all moves or would Gaara have control of all sand in the surrounding area? Feel free to discuss this one a bit but it might be a bit off topic from the original fights ^_^

JAKandDAX123

[143]Aug 3, 2006
    • level: 12
    I think Naruto is lame.

DeathandDoom

[144]Aug 3, 2006
    • level: 3

Comedy_Addict wrote:

DeathandDoom wrote:
    And even if Sokka gets caught - what then? The jutsu is, at best, a delaying tactic, and is only good under certain conditions. And before anyone says, "oh, but Shikamaru learned so-and-so later on, and it would totally kick Sokka's butt," I again note that I am only considering the characters as they were in the chunin exam.

That is like saying "oh I am just considering the Avatar characters how they were before they got to the North Pole and learned more water bending" It is pretty unfair to compare the Naruto characters with their power level during the Chunnin Exam to the Avatar characters during the latest episodes. In most (if not all) action/adventure shows, the characters get much stronger as the story progresses. The Chunnin Exam is still very early in Naruto while in the current episode in Avatar, Katara has pretty much mastered water bending, Aang has mastered air bending and is working on water and earth (and very briefly trained with fire bending), and Toph has already mastered earth bending. To have fair comparison you need to have the Nartuo cast atleast up to the Sasuke Retrieval Arc

1) I own the manga, and I have seen the anime, and I am telling you that Shikamaru did not use the shadow possesion ONCE on Kin in the forest of death - that came later, during the prelimineries. He used the shadow posession on Dousu ONLY, while Ino caught Kin in the mind-body transfer.

2) The reason I'm limiting it to the Chunin Exams is mainly because that is as far that both the manga and the anime has gotten in the US - I didn't inclued any other arcs because I have never seen the (technicly) illegal downlowds of the manga and the anime, and I can't make match-ups based on future characters or future powers I know nothing about.

Breakflame

[145]Aug 3, 2006
    • level: 8
    DeathandDoom wrote:
    I own the manga, and I have seen the anime, and I am telling you that Shikamaru did not use the shadow possesion ONCE on Kin in the forest of death - that came later, during the prelimineries. He used the shadow posession on Dousu ONLY, while Ino caught Kin in the mind-body transfer.

Are you sure? Let me check.

I'm going to begin cursing now.

F*@*&&#&#!*&#&#(@#&&(!#$@%#$ WITH A !@&#&$&#&$&(@&#&@$&@# AND A @#&(&#@&$&$% UNTIL THE HANDLE BREAKS OFF!

Yeah, that's my of saying you're right and I'm wrong. But I still stand by all my other assumptions.

hakeemadams94

[146]Aug 3, 2006

Oronuke wrote:
    Wow you guys sure got this thread going quick so after reading the first 2 pages I decided to skip to this part. Problems pop up when asking people that at least 95% are biased. (1) Naturally a person who likes one show better will stuck up for it, they can post huge paragraphs trying they are being "fair" but deep down and in most post you'll see the favorite shine. (2) These two shows are very different. The style of bending compared to use of chakra to perform strange techniques are just to weird to compare. Heres a good example. Gaara vs. Well Trained Sandbender Could the Master sandbender remove Gaara's source of sand and be able to negate all moves or would Gaara have control of all sand in the surrounding area? Feel free to discuss this one a bit but it might be a bit off topic from the original fights ^_^

WHAT??They will both have control of the sand.Just like a water bender vs a water bender.

DeathandDoom

[147]Aug 3, 2006

Breakflame wrote:
    DeathandDoom wrote:
    I own the manga, and I have seen the anime, and I am telling you that Shikamaru did not use the shadow possesion ONCE on Kin in the forest of death - that came later, during the prelimineries. He used the shadow posession on Dousu ONLY, while Ino caught Kin in the mind-body transfer.

Are you sure? Let me check.

I'm going to begin cursing now.

F*@*&&#&#!*&#&#(@#&&(!#$@%#$ WITH A !@&#&$&#&$&(@&#&@$&@# AND A @#&(&#@&$&$% UNTIL THE HANDLE BREAKS OFF!

Yeah, that's my of saying you're right and I'm wrong. But I still stand by all my other assumptions.

Thank you. That was very gracious of you.

Now, on to a different topic. Sasuke vs. Zuko.
    The game: who has the most fangirls?

Breakflame

[148]Aug 3, 2006
    Sasuke's been around longer so I'm giving it to him.

In a fight, It actually could be close. Zuko is a great fighter with Fire and Swords. Sasuke is faster and has Ninja techniques. I really can't give you an outcome on that fight.

hakeemadams94

[149]Aug 3, 2006
    DeathandDoom wrote:
    Comedy_Addict wrote:

DeathandDoom wrote:
    And even if Sokka gets caught - what then? The jutsu is, at best, a delaying tactic, and is only good under certain conditions. And before anyone says, "oh, but Shikamaru learned so-and-so later on, and it would totally kick Sokka's butt," I again note that I am only considering the characters as they were in the chunin exam.

That is like saying "oh I am just considering the Avatar characters how they were before they got to the North Pole and learned more water bending" It is pretty unfair to compare the Naruto characters with their power level during the Chunnin Exam to the Avatar characters during the latest episodes. In most (if not all) action/adventure shows, the characters get much stronger as the story progresses. The Chunnin Exam is still very early in Naruto while in the current episode in Avatar, Katara has pretty much mastered water bending, Aang has mastered air bending and is working on water and earth (and very briefly trained with fire bending), and Toph has already mastered earth bending. To have fair comparison you need to have the Nartuo cast atleast up to the Sasuke Retrieval Arc

1) I own the manga, and I have seen the anime, and I am telling you that Shikamaru did not use the shadow possesion ONCE on Kin in the forest of death - that came later, during the prelimineries. He used the shadow posession on Dousu ONLY, while Ino caught Kin in the mind-body transfer.

2) The reason I'm limiting it to the Chunin Exams is mainly because that is as far that both the manga and the anime has gotten in the US - I didn't inclued any other arcs because I have never seen the (technicly) illegal downlowds of the manga and the anime, and I can't make match-ups based on future characters or future powers I know nothing about.

#1 His when the other person gets hit shika does not get hit.

#2 I watch naruto way more then u so i think i should know.

3#U act like shika can't do hand to hand combat.

#4 What is sokka goin g to do throw his boomarang.LMAO

The only good match would be gaara Vs a sand bender.

Breakflame

[150]Aug 3, 2006
    hakeemadams94 wrote:
    DeathandDoom wrote:
    Comedy_Addict wrote:

DeathandDoom wrote:

Iroh versus anyone would be extremely fun to watch. Iroh stands a great freaking chance. Bumi fights would be fun to watch too

Edited on 08/03/2006 1:55pm

hakeemadams94

[151]Aug 3, 2006

DeathandDoom wrote:
    Breakflame wrote:
    DeathandDoom wrote:
    Are you sure? Let me check. I'm going to begin cursing now. F*@*&&#&#!*&#&#(@#&&(!#$@%#$ WITH A !@&#&$&#&$&(@&#&@$&@# AND A @#&(&#@&$&$% UNTIL THE HANDLE BREAKS OFF! Yeah, that's my of saying you're right and I'm wrong. But I still stand by all my other assumptions.

Thank you. That was very gracious of you.

Now, on to a different topic. Sasuke vs. Zuko.
    The game: who has the most fangirls?

I hope u won't say Zuko.Zuko is my fav in avatar, but sasuke would kill him easy.

hakeemadams94

[152]Aug 3, 2006
    Breakflame wrote:
    hakeemadams94 wrote:
    DeathandDoom wrote:
    Comedy_Addict wrote:

DeathandDoom wrote:

Iroh versus anyone would be extremely gun to watch. Iroh stands a great freaking chance. Bumi fights would be fun to watch too

I think bambi would own gaara.Bambi attacks come from the ground so the sand can't block that.

Breakflame

[153]Aug 3, 2006
    hakeemadams94 wrote:
    Breakflame wrote:
    hakeemadams94 wrote:
    DeathandDoom wrote:
    Comedy_Addict wrote:

DeathandDoom wrote:

Iroh versus anyone would be extremely gun to watch. Iroh stands a great freaking chance. Bumi fights would be fun to watch too

I think bambi would own gaara.Bambi attacks come from the ground so the sand can't block that.

Yeah, That deer would kick Gaara's A$$.

qweasdzse

[154]Aug 3, 2006
    • level: 10

Sasuke in CS2 would probably win against avatar he goes faster then the f***ing speed of sound and has wings. he also can use his sharingan, and can shoot fireballs and use lightning.

Also I don't think bambi has a very good chance of kicking Garra's ass but its your opinion.

Breakflame

[155]Aug 3, 2006
    qweasdzse wrote:

Sasuke in CS2 would probably win against avatar he goes faster then the f***ing speed of sound and has wings. he also can use his sharingan, and can shoot fireballs and use lightning.

Also I don't think bambi has a very good chance of kicking Garra's ass but its your opinion.

I know. I was just being stupid. Cause the other guy put Bambi and I usually can't resist the chance to be sarcastic.

qweasdzse

[156]Aug 3, 2006
    • level: 10
    Its nots really fair That naruto has 200 episodes and 300 manga chapters compared to Avatar's one and a half seasons. but you also should take into consideration the passage of time in both shows. In Naruto fights can last several??episodes while in avatar they last 10 minutes at most. In avatar Aang can become adept in a new fighting style in one episode when he has the right teacher. It can take naruto may episodes just to master to master one move like summoning Gambunta or doing rasengan. Since the brand new Fury of Aang came out it would be fair to compare that to the first naruto movie. So I guess CS2 and post timeskip abilities would be unfair.

hakeemadams94

[157]Aug 3, 2006
    qweasdzse wrote:

I just think that because he can't block an attack from under him.U could state why u think not.I won't bash u.

Breakflame

[158]Aug 3, 2006
    hakeemadams94 wrote:
    qweasdzse wrote:

I just think that because he can't block an attack from under him.U could state why u think not.I won't bash u.

Alright, let me get something clear here.

Bambi= Disney Deer that stars in a movie for kids
    Bumi= Avatar crazy king that kicks major butt.
    E=MC squared.

hakeemadams94

[159]Aug 3, 2006
    Breakflame wrote:
    hakeemadams94 wrote:
    qweasdzse wrote:

Alright, let me get something clear here. Bambi= Disney Deer that stars in a movie for kids Bumi= Avatar crazy king that kicks major butt. E=MC squared.

LOL i like to call him bambi.I don't know why.

Colonel_Brian

[160]Aug 3, 2006
    • level: 12
    Well Bumi and Iroh would own maybe most of the ninja's and a little bit of the elite but Itachi would still win though but man I'd pay money to see that fight.