We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

DeathandDoom

[161]Aug 3, 2006
    • level: 3

hakeemadams94 wrote:
    DeathandDoom wrote:
    Comedy_Addict wrote:

DeathandDoom wrote:
    And even if Sokka gets caught - what then? The jutsu is, at best, a delaying tactic, and is only good under certain conditions. And before anyone says, "oh, but Shikamaru learned so-and-so later on, and it would totally kick Sokka's butt," I again note that I am only considering the characters as they were in the chunin exam.

That is like saying "oh I am just considering the Avatar characters how they were before they got to the North Pole and learned more water bending" It is pretty unfair to compare the Naruto characters with their power level during the Chunnin Exam to the Avatar characters during the latest episodes. In most (if not all) action/adventure shows, the characters get much stronger as the story progresses. The Chunnin Exam is still very early in Naruto while in the current episode in Avatar, Katara has pretty much mastered water bending, Aang has mastered air bending and is working on water and earth (and very briefly trained with fire bending), and Toph has already mastered earth bending. To have fair comparison you need to have the Nartuo cast atleast up to the Sasuke Retrieval Arc

1) I own the manga, and I have seen the anime, and I am telling you that Shikamaru did not use the shadow possesion ONCE on Kin in the forest of death - that came later, during the prelimineries. He used the shadow posession on Dousu ONLY, while Ino caught Kin in the mind-body transfer.

2) The reason I'm limiting it to the Chunin Exams is mainly because that is as far that both the manga and the anime has gotten in the US - I didn't inclued any other arcs because I have never seen the (technicly) illegal downlowds of the manga and the anime, and I can't make match-ups based on future characters or future powers I know nothing about.

#1 His when the other person gets hit shika does not get hit.

#2 I watch naruto way more then u so i think i should know.

3#U act like shika can't do hand to hand combat.

#4 What is sokka goin g to do throw his boomarang.LMAO

The only good match would be gaara Vs a sand bender.

1) Yes he DOES - this is proven for a fact at the very end of chapter 96 in Naruto.

2) The fact that you have read further than me means that you forget little plot ponts like that.

3) From what I have seen, he can't - at least, not as well as Sokka, who's good enough to knock small, fast-moving projectiles out of the air.

4) Yeah, throwing his boomerang is good. Or attacking with his knife, giant machette, club - ya know, take your pick.

Does anyone else want to comment on other fights I thought up, such as Toph vs. Neji (chunin exams)?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Breakflame

[162]Aug 4, 2006
    • level: 8
    DeathandDoom wrote:
    hakeemadams94 wrote:
    DeathandDoom wrote:
    Comedy_Addict wrote:

DeathandDoom wrote:
    And even if Sokka gets caught - what then? The jutsu is, at best, a delaying tactic, and is only good under certain conditions. And before anyone says, "oh, but Shikamaru learned so-and-so later on, and it would totally kick Sokka's butt," I again note that I am only considering the characters as they were in the chunin exam.

That is like saying "oh I am just considering the Avatar characters how they were before they got to the North Pole and learned more water bending" It is pretty unfair to compare the Naruto characters with their power level during the Chunnin Exam to the Avatar characters during the latest episodes. In most (if not all) action/adventure shows, the characters get much stronger as the story progresses. The Chunnin Exam is still very early in Naruto while in the current episode in Avatar, Katara has pretty much mastered water bending, Aang has mastered air bending and is working on water and earth (and very briefly trained with fire bending), and Toph has already mastered earth bending. To have fair comparison you need to have the Nartuo cast atleast up to the Sasuke Retrieval Arc

1) I own the manga, and I have seen the anime, and I am telling you that Shikamaru did not use the shadow possesion ONCE on Kin in the forest of death - that came later, during the prelimineries. He used the shadow posession on Dousu ONLY, while Ino caught Kin in the mind-body transfer.

2) The reason I'm limiting it to the Chunin Exams is mainly because that is as far that both the manga and the anime has gotten in the US - I didn't inclued any other arcs because I have never seen the (technicly) illegal downlowds of the manga and the anime, and I can't make match-ups based on future characters or future powers I know nothing about.

1) Yes he DOES - this is proven for a fact at the very end of chapter 96 in Naruto.

2) The fact that you have read further than me means that you forget little plot ponts like that.

3) From what I have seen, he can't - at least, not as well as Sokka, who's good enough to knock small, fast-moving projectiles out of the air.

4) Yeah, throwing his boomerang is good. Or attacking with his knife, giant machette, club - ya know, take your pick.

Does anyone else want to comment on other fights I thought up, such as Toph vs. Neji (chunin exams)?

I think I did that one? So let me do it again just in case I missed something.

Neji can see in 359 degress. Toph can feel through the ground. Neji wins this ability comparison cause he can see off the ground.

Neji can see Chakra strings in your body. Toph doesn't have Chakra strings in her body. Tie this on this one.

Neji can shield himself from all angles, however I'm pretty dang sure he can't defend himself from a freaking giant rock. Toph takes this point.

Neji's combat is close-range. Toph can do both. Point for Toph.

Now here's a little fun thing however. Ninja's, like Neji, are notorious for being able to be in the air for along time and frequently, due to jumping very high and far. However, there are ways for Toph to defend herself, in case of Neji doing what I just said. One way is to sheild herself in rocks until Neji tires out. Another way is to create a dome around Neji and trapping him inside(remember, Neji and friends were trapped in an Earth dome before, and it took Chouji to get them out). So all in all, with Toph's strength and stamina, Toph wins this one easy.

DeathandDoom

[163]Aug 4, 2006
    You may have already commented, Breakflame, but if so, you were one of the two pople who did so. While I privately agree with you, I was wondering if any one esle wanted to comment, as that paring is a particular favorite of mine.

btw, someone here said that Temari's fan would easily overpower Aang's airbending. Personally, I think that that's bolloks, but what do other people think?

sly4me

[164]Aug 4, 2006
    • level: 26

-Aang>>>>>>>Temari. Aang's the Avatar, 'nuff said.

-Neji > Toph. why? forget all of the vision crap,??Neji is??ninja! He's way too fast for Toph to keep up with.

-Shikamaru > Sokka. Shikamarau is a helluva lot smarter than Sokka. The only thing Sokka can do is throw his boomerang, which is crap compared to a kunai (which Shikamaru can throw with deadly precision). Shikamaru is alot faster than Sokka also. Last but not??least, Shikamaru knows how to use??the environment to his advantage. (notice that I didn't even need to mention Shikamaru's shadow bind jutsu)

sorry If repeated what's been said, but I didn't want to read 70+ new posts.

Edited on 08/03/2006 11:48pm

DeathandDoom

[165]Aug 4, 2006

sly4me wrote:

-Neji > Toph. why? forget all of the vision crap, Neji is ninja! He's way too fast for Toph to keep up with.

-Shikamaru > Sokka. Shikamarau is a helluva lot smarter than Sokka. The only thing Sokka can do is throw his boomerang, which is crap compared to a kunai (which Shikamaru can throw with deadly precision). Shikamaru is alot faster than Sokka also. Last but not least, Shikamaru knows how to use the environment to his advantage. (notice that I didn't even need to mention Shikamaru's shadow bind jutsu)

Thank you for not going into the shadow bind, but Sokka really does have more going for him then just his boomerang. He is very resorceful in combat, has a whole plethora of weapons, and if he can knock a spring-loaded dart out of the sky, he can certainly deflect a kunai.

C1991

[166]Aug 4, 2006
    • level: 13

qweasdzse wrote:
    Toph doesn't have superior hearing. She feels things with her feet. But sound ninja's attacks would be quite hard to escape in the world of avatar because sound moves so quickly.

People with diabilities have other senses naturally enhanced. It's how the human mind works! Besides, Toph can recognize a voice she heard 2-3 days ago (The Fury of Aang) I'd call that superior hearing

hakeemadams94

[167]Aug 4, 2006
    DeathandDoom wrote:
    hakeemadams94 wrote:
    DeathandDoom wrote:
    Comedy_Addict wrote:

DeathandDoom wrote:

He does not release it get through ur head.If he gets hurt too is new jutsu woulkd not exist.He would be choking himself.

#2 true i could forget some things, but this isn't onew of them

#3 Every ninja gets hand to hand combat training.He knows the basics, but rock lee?? is advanced close combat fighter.

#4 U forget that he can't come close to him without getting traped in is jutsu.

neji would lose i think.torph attacks come from the ground and his ultimate defense can't block an attack from under him.

hakeemadams94

[168]Aug 4, 2006
    Kakashi would own every one in avatar.

WKWARRIOR

[169]Aug 4, 2006
    • level: 2

DeathandDoom wrote:
    You may have already commented, Breakflame, but if so, you were one of the two pople who did so. While I privately agree with you, I was wondering if any one esle wanted to comment, as that paring is a particular favorite of mine.

btw, someone here said that Temari's fan would easily overpower Aang's airbending. Personally, I think that that's bolloks, but what do other people think?

Okay, lets just assume fan beats the spirit of earth incarnate ( yeah right)?? Aang still has Earth and water.?? Im thinking that earth here would be abel to A) not be stopped by wind if the boulder was big enough, B) Attack from beneath her.??

Also earlier someone said that Aang mastered techniques in one show.?? Wrong, it took until he found toph to master Water bending and he still hasnt gotten earth down completely.?? Finally i find out about a technique that might tip the scales in a water benders favor.?? (This is from the avatar sight link on nick).?? Water benders can control the water in an opponents body if they get close enough.?? On the site it says they then turn the opponent into a puppet.?? I think that maybe they could also freeze or steam the water.?? I dont care who you are that'd kill u quick.?? Assuming the water bender could get u.

WKWARRIOR

[170]Aug 4, 2006

Toph vs. Neji=toph

Neji's combat style is close quarters focused.?? If Toph just put up an Earth shield around??herself she could just attack from inside of it since she could tell were Neji is with the vibrations.?? If neji went into the air it would just be a standoff until he landed.

Also, i dont think toph's hearing is that superior.?? She can recognize voices because that's all she has to go on to identify ppl.?? Still, unless she surrounded herself with a thick stone wall to block the sound, she would still get beaten.

Breakflame

[171]Aug 4, 2006
    hakeemadams94 wrote:

Though that is possible, I would still love watching Iroh, Bumi, or Toph fighting him. In all honesty, those three stand a better chance than Aang and he's the freaking Avatar.

hakeemadams94

[172]Aug 4, 2006

Breakflame wrote:
    hakeemadams94 wrote:
    Though that is possible, I would still love watching Iroh, Bumi, or Toph fighting him. In all honesty, those three stand a better chance than Aang and he's the freaking Avatar.

true, but kakashi has an sharingan.Kakashi would make them think there crazy.

qweasdzse

[173]Aug 4, 2006
    • level: 10
    WKWARRIOR wrote:

DeathandDoom wrote:

Okay, lets just assume fan beats the spirit of earth incarnate ( yeah right)?? Aang still has Earth and water.?? Im thinking that earth here would be abel to A) not be stopped by wind if the boulder was big enough, B) Attack from beneath her.??

Also earlier someone said that Aang mastered techniques in one show.?? Wrong, it took until he found toph to master Water bending and he still hasnt gotten earth down completely.?? Finally i find out about a technique that might tip the scales in a water benders favor.?? (This is from the avatar sight link on nick).?? Water benders can control the water in an opponents body if they get close enough.?? On the site it says they then turn the opponent into a puppet.?? I think that maybe they could also freeze or steam the water.?? I dont care who you are that'd kill u quick.?? Assuming the water bender could get u.

The reason I said that it takes like one episode for Aang to learn a new bending style It only takes?? the gap between episodes for him to become very good at a style he barely new. an example would be at the end of bitter work he first did earth bending and in the next episode he was a master. In Naruto it was like 3 epesodes based on Naruto trying to??learn rasengan.

Breakflame

[174]Aug 4, 2006
    hakeemadams94 wrote:

Breakflame wrote:
    hakeemadams94 wrote:

true, but kakashi has an sharingan.Kakashi would make them think there crazy.

You think that would work that well?

Toph is blind
    Iroh is too smart
    Bumi already is crazy

sly4me

[175]Aug 4, 2006
    DeathandDoom wrote:
    sly4me wrote:

-Neji > Toph. why? forget all of the vision crap, Neji is ninja! He's way too fast for Toph to keep up with.

-Shikamaru > Sokka. Shikamarau is a helluva lot smarter than Sokka. The only thing Sokka can do is throw his boomerang, which is crap compared to a kunai (which Shikamaru can throw with deadly precision). Shikamaru is alot faster than Sokka also. Last but not least, Shikamaru knows how to use the environment to his advantage. (notice that I didn't even need to mention Shikamaru's shadow bind jutsu)

Thank you for not going into the shadow bind, but Sokka really does have more going for him then just his boomerang. He is very resorceful in combat, has a whole plethora of weapons, and if he can knock a spring-loaded dart out of the sky, he can certainly deflect a kunai.
    not multiple kunai's. Especially if Sokka's in the shadow bind. ( I had to??mentioned it this time). Which by the way, how are you saying Sokka wouldn't be in trouble if he??got caught in the shadow. He'd be completley screwed. Sokka keeps his boomerang on his back, So when Shkamaru reaches for his kunai, Sokka wouldn't reach for anything.

Breakflame

[176]Aug 4, 2006
    sly4me wrote:
    DeathandDoom wrote:
    sly4me wrote:

not multiple kunai's. Especially if Sokka's in the shadow bind. ( I had to??mentioned it this time). Which by the way, how are you saying Sokka wouldn't be in trouble if he??got caught in the shadow. He'd be completley screwed. Sokka keeps his boomerang on his back, So when Shkamaru reaches for his kunai, Sokka wouldn't reach for anything.

That's what I said.

WKWARRIOR

[177]Aug 4, 2006
    qweasdzse wrote:
    WKWARRIOR wrote:

DeathandDoom wrote:

The reason I said that it takes like one episode for Aang to learn a new bending style It only takes?? the gap between episodes for him to become very good at a style he barely new. an example would be at the end of bitter work he first did earth bending and in the next episode he was a master. In Naruto it was like 3 epesodes based on Naruto trying to??learn rasengan.

The gap between episodes is fairly large and i dont think aang is anywhere near a master earth bender yet.?? I'd say he's still a novice.?? It took him long enough to learn water bending and that wasnt even an opposing element??

Eman5805

[178]Aug 4, 2006
    • level: 14
    i think Aang would match up well with Rock Lee...both are extremely fast...but Lee is more of the attacker while Aang is the defensive evader...although i'm not sure who's more powerful...Avatar State Aang or Gate unlocking lotus attack Rock Lee...hm...

Breakflame

[179]Aug 4, 2006
    Eman5805 wrote:
    i think Aang would match up well with Rock Lee...both are extremely fast...but Lee is more of the attacker while Aang is the defensive evader...although i'm not sure who's more powerful...Avatar State Aang or Gate unlocking lotus attack Rock Lee...hm...

I'm up with Rock Lee in that fight. He's crazy strong and crazy fast. No amount of Wind Aang could produce stands that much of a chance.

sly4me

[180]Aug 4, 2006

Lee with his weights off is a pwning machine. Ty-Lee couldn't aviod him.

You know, Tsunade vs. Azula would awesome. Tsunade would win of course, but It would still be awesome.