We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Breakflame

[61]Jul 27, 2006
    • level: 8
    Ok, let me reiterate this. Every ninja(except for Lee) knows the Transformation Jutsu. All any ninja would need to do is figure out which person they would never hurt. Aang would get defeated if someone transformed into Katara, which is possible for stopping his Avatar State, plus he would never attack Katara. Katara would never attack Sokka or Aang, so all a ninja would need is to transform into one of them. Sokka would probably not be fooled by a transformation, but he just isn't strong enough to beat any Ninja. Zuko, Iroh, Toph, Azula, Ozai, and Bumi are the only characters from Avatar that stand a chance, Due to having both the strength and the brain power to beat the overpowered Naruto Characters.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Iras91

[62]Jul 27, 2006
    • level: 10
    FreakishChild wrote:

Aang would so own Sasuke.

Sokka would get whipped.

Katara beats Sakura hands down. (But it's a different matter concerning inner Sakura)

Sorry Zuko, but if you can't beat the Avatar how can you handle the Uchiha kinslayer?

i agree!

Sokka is sort of pathetic, Katara would WHOOP Sakura, and I'll just say Zuko cuz.....i dunno who Uchiha is.

and Aang would so beat sasuke.....like....maybe not without spirit powers mode thingy but with it yESSs

Iras91

[63]Jul 27, 2006
    Breakflame wrote:
    Ok, let me reiterate this. Every ninja(except for Lee) knows the Transformation Jutsu. All any ninja would need to do is figure out which person they would never hurt. Aang would get defeated if someone transformed into Katara, which is possible for stopping his Avatar State, plus he would never attack Katara. Katara would never attack Sokka or Aang, so all a ninja would need is to transform into one of them. Sokka would probably not be fooled by a transformation, but he just isn't strong enough to beat any Ninja. Zuko, Iroh, Toph, Azula, Ozai, and Bumi are the only characters from Avatar that stand a chance, Due to having both the strength and the brain power to beat the overpowered Naruto Characters.

yea but that power is so gay and cheap

Breakflame

[64]Jul 27, 2006
    Iras91 wrote:
    Breakflame wrote:

I agree with you. Doesn't change the fact that its the most useful. Especially if you use it with the clone thing. I'm just saying you need to be smart and strong to mess with someone who can do those things.

DeathandDoom

[65]Jul 28, 2006
    • level: 3

Breakflame wrote:
    Iras91 wrote:
    Breakflame wrote:

I agree with you. Doesn't change the fact that its the most useful. Especially if you use it with the clone thing. I'm just saying you need to be smart and strong to mess with someone who can do those things.

Frankly, think that you are putting WAY too much faith in that technique. There are several problems with it:

1) It's a one trick pony. Sure, the first time it's used might give the cast of Avatar pause, but no one in Avatarland is stupid; they'll figure out that it's just an illusion and attack. Maybe they will attack more reluctantly, but they will still attack. And yes, this goes for Aang and Katara too.

2) There is a very big "if " attached to this scenario; the cast of Naruto could use this technique - IF they knew who to transform into. That would mean getting to know Aang and the rest pretty darn well before ever meeting in the ring, and who ever said anything about the Shinobi and the gaang getting all chummy before they fight?

3) It really isn't used at all in Naruto; I mean, how many times have the main cast of Naruto actually turned into a loved one to halt an attack? I may only be up to the Chunin Exam finals, but I have yet to see such a maneuver.

and finally;

4) If we assume that all the above conditions are met, would the characters from Naruto actually use it? Let's face it; winning a match by turning into a loved one is a darn underhanded way to win, and lots of the characters from Naruto are very proud of thier fighting skills. Would Naruto or Sasuke really be happy, using such an underhanded skill to win matches, making the opponents abstain without fighting at all?

Whew, that was a lot

One last thing; I will re-post the match-ups I came up with;

Toph vs. Neji (chunin exams)

Sokka vs. Shikamaru (chunin exams)

Avatar State Aang vs. Nine-Tailed Naruto (either form)

For my own thoughts on these, check my earlier posts

Will someone please comment on the match-ups I made? I'm getting tired of posting and re-posting and NO ONE COMMENTING ON THEM.

PLCTheCd

[66]Jul 28, 2006
    • level: 9

Shikamaru would completly humiliate Sokka by saying it's gonna be a drag/pain. (Mendokuse for ya'll fansubbers)

Not only he has an IQ over 200, he can use his art of shadows to defeat Sokka. Sokka may have a clever intentions and plans in technology but facing Shikamaru, and he's warm, buttery toast!

Unless Sokka was EXTREMELY lucky, like Shikamaru getting hit in the head by a boomerang, Shikamaru would win.

Heck, Shikamaru's best friend Chouji (The Fat Kid) would go completly ballistic to the Avatar Crew if someone made fun of his weight.

As for Toph and Neji, this is pretty tough. But as Toph can sense attacks from the air, Neji can jump high in the air before striking.

Avatar state Aang VS Kyubi Naruto...apocolyptic battle as we know it!

DeathandDoom

[67]Jul 28, 2006

PLCTheCd wrote:

Shikamaru would completly humiliate Sokka by saying it's gonna be a drag/pain. (Mendokuse for ya'll fansubbers)

Not only he has an IQ over 200, he can use his art of shadows to defeat Sokka. Sokka may have a clever intentions and plans in technology but facing Shikamaru, and he's warm, buttery toast!

Unless Sokka was EXTREMELY lucky, like Shikamaru getting hit in the head by a boomerang, Shikamaru would win.

Heck, Shikamaru's best friend Chouji (The Fat Kid) would go completly ballistic to the Avatar Crew if someone made fun of his weight.

As for Toph and Neji, this is pretty tough. But as Toph can sense attacks from the air, Neji can jump high in the air before striking.

Avatar state Aang VS Kyubi Naruto...apocolyptic battle as we know it!

Thank you, PLCtheCD, for commenting. I could post my own opinoins to this, but I guess he who comes up wuth the matches can't make comments on who would win.

PLCTheCd

[68]Jul 28, 2006
    • level: 9
    What I mean is Toph CAN'T sense attacks from the air just to let you know..

Colonel_Brian

[69]Jul 28, 2006
    • level: 12
    Well well this thread is still alive I wonder how but Naruto characters will win they can be in their house playing video games while there unlimeted clones do everything.

DeathandDoom

[70]Jul 28, 2006
    Nah, that's just Naruto.

Colonel_Brian

[71]Jul 28, 2006
    I should of gussed that is so like him

phillippejr

[72]Jul 28, 2006
    • level: 4
    Sasuke would own any one from avatar.Don't bash me because i am a avatar fan too, but it is the truth.

Colonel_Brian

[73]Jul 28, 2006
    Yes indeed the nijas would just keep on mmaking clones while their shopping and everyone goes crazy well it would be intresting to talk about.
    Edited on 07/28/2006 8:22pm

phillippejr

[74]Jul 28, 2006
    Shikamaru is a genius.He would find it too troblesome to fight sokka if he knew he would win.

phillippejr

[75]Jul 28, 2006

Colonel_Brian wrote:
    Well well this thread is still alive I wonder how but Naruto characters will win they can be in their house playing video games while there unlimeted clones do everything.

They don't have unlimited clones.Naruto is the only one who could do all those clones.kakashi and sasuke would kill every single character because they have sharingans.Kakashi will just trick them and copy there moves.

Colonel_Brian

[76]Jul 28, 2006
    phillippejr wrote:

Colonel_Brian wrote:

They don't have unlimited clones.Naruto is the only one who could do all those clones.kakashi and sasuke would kill every single character because they have sharingans.Kakashi will just trick them and copy there moves.

It was just properganda I watch Naruto (Jap. version) and know what their capable of.

JimmyxCindy

[77]Jul 28, 2006
    • level: 15
    ugh..i wish this thread would die...no offense to narut-likers or w/e but yea, its making ppl decide between thier fave shows...

Breakflame

[78]Jul 28, 2006
    DeathandDoom wrote:
    Breakflame wrote:
    Iras91 wrote:
    Breakflame wrote:

Frankly, think that you are putting WAY too much faith in that technique. There are several problems with it:

1) It's a one trick pony. Sure, the first time it's used might give the cast of Avatar pause, but no one in Avatarland is stupid; they'll figure out that it's just an illusion and attack. Maybe they will attack more reluctantly, but they will still attack. And yes, this goes for Aang and Katara too.

2) There is a very big "if " attached to this scenario; the cast of Naruto could use this technique - IF they knew who to transform into. That would mean getting to know Aang and the rest pretty darn well before ever meeting in the ring, and who ever said anything about the Shinobi and the gaang getting all chummy before they fight?

3) It really isn't used at all in Naruto; I mean, how many times have the main cast of Naruto actually turned into a loved one to halt an attack? I may only be up to the Chunin Exam finals, but I have yet to see such a maneuver.

and finally;

4) If we assume that all the above conditions are met, would the characters from Naruto actually use it? Let's face it; winning a match by turning into a loved one is a darn underhanded way to win, and lots of the characters from Naruto are very proud of thier fighting skills. Would Naruto or Sasuke really be happy, using such an underhanded skill to win matches, making the opponents abstain without fighting at all?

Whew, that was a lot

One last thing; I will re-post the match-ups I came up with;

Toph vs. Neji (chunin exams)

Sokka vs. Shikamaru (chunin exams)

Avatar State Aang vs. Nine-Tailed Naruto (either form)

For my own thoughts on these, check my earlier posts

Will someone please comment on the match-ups I made? I'm getting tired of posting and re-posting and NO ONE COMMENTING ON THEM.

Naruto and Sasuke have resorted to that trick to win a match. But lets say these were one-on-one matches where the fighters knew who they were fight beforehand, then the transformation thing wouldn't work. At that point, The avatar warriors who would have fallen for that trick would stand a helluva better chance. Iroh would kick the ass of all the lower level ninja, but would have trouble with Kakashi or Itachi, but could still win.

Now I'll look at your list

Toph Vs Neji: My prediction. Toph would win. Neji can see in 359 degrees, but his defense doesn't protect against the earth itself. If he keeps to the air, Toph can set up an earth sheild until he sets to the ground, where Toph can see him. Neji's entire fighting style revolves around Hand to Hand combat, Toph can keep him away. At all points, Toph gets the win.

Shikimaru Vs Sokka: My prediction. Shikimaru would win. Sokka is smart and a good warrior. Shikimaru is smarter and a better warrior, with shadow techniques. at all points, Shikimaru wins.

Avatar State Aang vs Nine-tailed Fox Naruto: My prediction. Naruto would win. Avatar state Aang can whip up a fierce wind and can kick major butt, but he cannot summon other spirits at will. Naruto, with the Nine-tailed chakra, can summon a Giant Frog, plus Shadow clones AND has automatic healing. Aang would put up a good, hard fight, but Naruto would take the win by purely having more weapons with more power.

DeathandDoom

[79]Jul 28, 2006

phillippejr wrote:

Colonel_Brian wrote:

Actually, Kakashi can't do anything of the sort. Element bending and jitsus are two completly different things; Kakashi wouldn't be able to copy any bending moves.

qweasdzse

[80]Jul 29, 2006

Taiju kage bushins would be destroyed by Avatar state easily. although Naruto has his big ass frog Aang can use the spirits to go into his coi fish form. Naruto would not be able to get close enough for Odama rasengan. But once naruto goes to kyuubi with four tails Aang is screwed. kyuubi deathblast will completely??destroy aangs body. Also Naruto can survive being impaled through the stomach (Naruto vs Sasuke battle 2).

Sakura vs Katara would be an interesting match. Sakura could close in on katara with Kawarimi no jutsu and her strenth would overwhelm katara.

for bender it reaaly depends on where there fighting. Toph would be in trouble on a metal platform for example.