We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Drigerkid

[41]Jul 27, 2006
    • level: 11
    Eman5805 wrote:

Gaara would get his head handed to him by any Earthbender

What are you talking about. The Kazekage would pwn any earthbender. Especially using tohse deadly sand jutsus. Or the Shukaku. Unless you were joking. I don't get sarcasm sometimes.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Eman5805

[42]Jul 27, 2006
    • level: 14
    Drigerkid wrote:
    Eman5805 wrote:

What are you talking about. The Kazekage would pwn any earthbender. Especially using tohse deadly sand jutsus. Or the Shukaku. Unless you were joking. I don't get sarcasm sometimes.

i'm quite serious...think about it...what is Gaara's weapon? and what does an Earthbender use to attack? the same...except that an Earthbender could rip the sand right from Gaara's body...Gaara wouldn't be ready for that...how can Gaara use his Sand Funeral and Coffin moves on someone who controls sand and also any earth around him? that's why i'm saying he'd get his head handed to him

Colonel_Brian

[43]Jul 27, 2006
    • level: 12
    Eman5805 wrote:
    Drigerkid wrote:
    Eman5805 wrote:

i'm quite serious...think about it...what is Gaara's weapon? and what does an Earthbender use to attack? the same...except that an Earthbender could rip the sand right from Gaara's body...Gaara wouldn't be ready for that...how can Gaara use his Sand Funeral and Coffin moves on someone who controls sand and also any earth around him? that's why i'm saying he'd get his head handed to him

Why we eving comparing these shows Naruto characters are way to powerful Garraa can never lose except from that one time but it's dumb to try to make two diffrent shows and their characters to fight.

Eman5805

[44]Jul 27, 2006
    • level: 14
    Colonel_Brian wrote:
    Eman5805 wrote:
    Drigerkid wrote:
    Eman5805 wrote:

Why we eving comparing these shows Naruto characters are way to powerful Garraa can never lose except from that one time but it's dumb to try to make two diffrent shows and their characters to fight.

cuz i'm really bored...

Colonel_Brian

[45]Jul 27, 2006
    Eman5805 wrote:
    Colonel_Brian wrote:
    Eman5805 wrote:
    Drigerkid wrote:
    Eman5805 wrote:

cuz i'm really bored...

Well good enough for me (walks out of discussion)

DeathandDoom

[46]Jul 27, 2006
    • level: 3
    Okay, everyone seems to look souly on the original parings, and not on anything else. So, here are some other fights to consider;

Toph vs. Neji: read my earlier post for my opinion on this fight. (note: for most of these match-ups, I am considering the characters in Naruto as they were during the Chunin Exam, which is about as far as the series has gotten in the US.)

Sokka vs. Shikamaru: Shikamaru is preatty much the only guy from Naruto that Sokka has a hope of beating.

Nine-Tailed Naruto vs. Avatar State Aang: Again, see last post. For this one, you can consider both forms of Nine-Tailed Naruto.

Wish-of-Night

[47]Jul 27, 2006
    • level: 1
    The Naruto characters win. Why? Because the ninja of the village hidden in the leaves are friggin' gods. Name ONE thing their jitsues can't do.

DeathandDoom

[48]Jul 27, 2006

Wish-of-Night wrote:
    The Naruto characters win. Why? Because the ninja of the village hidden in the leaves are friggin' gods. Name ONE thing their jitsues can't do.

Yeah, I've got one - beat the characters from Avatar! Seriously, though, all fandom aside, from what I see each side has at least one advantage.

Naruto: There's no getting around it - some of the jutsus in Naruto do, indeed, beat out Avatar in terms of sheer power.

Avatar: The characters in Avatar have the advantage when it comes to speed and versility, because they don't have to go through the whole process of making chakra and performing the two dozen hand-seals needed to preform the more powerful jutsus.

Nilihist

[49]Jul 27, 2006
    • level: 4

Eman5805 wrote:

That EB would get f*cked up.Have you forgot he is shukaku,no matter what he won't get a scratch on him.

Colonel_Brian

[50]Jul 27, 2006
    Nilihist wrote:
    Eman5805 wrote:

That EB would get f*cked up.Have you forgot he is shukaku,no matter what he won't get a scratch on him.

yeah but Shukaku is god like and that's unfair well it's cool to think about.

WKWARRIOR

[51]Jul 27, 2006
    • level: 2
    I think the real question here is how many thousands of ninja would be utterly eradicated by momo.?? And lets not even get started with Apa.

PLCTheCd

[52]Jul 27, 2006
    • level: 9

Before this topic dies, let's do one more debate...

Rock Lee VS Ty Lee (Both have Lees in the end!)

Rock Lee is the Taejitsu (hand to hand combat) expert in the Leaf Villiage, (The place most of the characters came from) due to his incapability of any other Jutsu (Ninja Magic)...Bushy eye brows, mop top hair, roundest eyes of the cast, green tight leotard/jumpsuit.

Advantages-Weighted clothes, one of the most determinated character in the series, powerful strength and speed, Primary Lotus (The Taejitsu move, where his strength and speed increases at a cost of his health) The spin move thing (Forgot the name, but it's when Lee ties his opponent up with bandages in the air and spins them around until they hit the ground) and The Chakra Gate (Big spoiler)

Disadvantages-Because he's fighting Ty Lee, he might be 50% hesitant to fight her because Ty Lee being a girl, he's VERY stubborn, besides lack of jutsu, he might be incapable of fighting when getting hit by pressure points.

Ty Lee is a circus star performer and acrobat. Not to mention Azula's friend. Her abilty is striking pressure points on her opponents' body and graceful of the trio. Optomistic, grey eyes, slimmer than other girls, and wears a Chinese Acrobat outfit with midriff revealing.

Advantages-Fast and light, graceful enough to dodge attacks with ease, pressure points, calmer in battles, and optomistic

Disadvantages-Ty Lee follows Azula's orders out of fear, possibly speed with sacrificing strength, no possible chance of escaping out of Lee's attacks, no hand to hand combat so far other than pressure points.

shadowfox47

[53]Jul 27, 2006
    DeathandDoom wrote:

Wish-of-Night wrote:

Yeah, I've got one - beat the characters from Avatar! Seriously, though, all fandom aside, from what I see each side has at least one advantage.

Naruto: There's no getting around it - some of the jutsus in Naruto do, indeed, beat out Avatar in terms of sheer power.

Avatar: The characters in Avatar have the advantage when it comes to speed and versility, because they don't have to go through the whole process of making chakra and performing the two dozen hand-seals needed to preform the more powerful jutsus.

Every time Aang has to learn a new element, he has to learn a new stance. Just like ninjutsu has hand seals, which can be performed super fast, Aang has to move his body correctly for the element to be controlled.

Wish-of-Night

[54]Jul 27, 2006
    • level: 1

DeathandDoom wrote:

Wish-of-Night wrote:

Actually I don't like the fact their jitsus do everything. There is no limitation to their powers. That takes a lot of interest out of a show, it's like their gods instead of humans I can relate too. Sorry, but trying to keep track of every single attack they do turns me off. Some times I wonder why I still watch Naruto. It's like a soap opera, god awful but you can't change the network.

DeathandDoom

[55]Jul 27, 2006

Hmmm... Rock Lee vs. Ty Lee... well, if Rock Lee moves fast enough, I can see him winning this, so i'll say Lee.

And also...

DeathandDoom wrote:
    Okay, everyone seems to look souly on the original parings, and not on anything else. So, here are some other fights to consider;

Toph vs. Neji: read my earlier post for my opinion on this fight. (note: for most of these match-ups, I am considering the characters in Naruto as they were during the Chunin Exam, which is about as far as the series has gotten in the US.)

Sokka vs. Shikamaru: Shikamaru is preatty much the only guy from Naruto that Sokka has a hope of beating.

Nine-Tailed Naruto vs. Avatar State Aang: Again, see last post. For this one, you can consider both forms of Nine-Tailed Naruto.

Isn't anyone going to comment on the specifc match-ups like these, instead of sweeping generalizations about the respective series?

Starfire994

[56]Jul 27, 2006

fullmetalfriend wrote:
    Everyone from Naruto would own everyone from Avatar because they actuallty know how to use something called their fists instead of just throwing air blasts or water balls at each other.

What he said!!!Although I like Avatar and Naruto, the Naruto characters would probably win, unless Aang gets as mad as he did when the Sandbenders took Appa....

than Aang would probably win!

I like Katara better than Sakura, though.

Starfire994

[57]Jul 27, 2006

ooo! ooo!

What if Gaara went against a whole bunch of Sandbenders???

Drigerkid

[58]Jul 27, 2006

Wish-of-Night wrote:

Actually I don't like the fact their jitsus do everything. There is no limitation to their powers. That takes a lot of interest out of a show, it's like their gods instead of humans I can relate too. Sorry, but trying to keep track of every single attack they do turns me off. Some times I wonder why I still watch Naruto. It's like a soap opera, god awful but you can't change the network.

The fact is they have to learn it.??It takes blood, sweat and tears to learn those techniques, and for bending it only takes sweat.??It's not like they can just put together hands signs and the do it. It costs them Chakra which is taken out of their stamina. And basically you don't learn jutsus outside your Country/Village element, unless you are Kakashi. Konoha uses Fire, Oro uses sound, etc. They don't want other countries to learn their secret techniques and such so they track down those missing nins.??It's just confusing because you watch everyone use their own country's jutsus.

Oh and Ty Lee vs. Rock Lee, Rock would win. Especially if he took of his weights and opened up his life gates. Or drank Sake.

sly4me

[59]Jul 27, 2006
    • level: 26
    Rock Lee would be too in love with Ty-Lee to attack her

Drigerkid

[60]Jul 27, 2006
    sly4me wrote:
    Rock Lee would be too in love with Ty-Lee to attack her

Naw, he has strong love for Sakura and no other girl. She is an important person to him and would even use "it" for her.