We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

WKWARRIOR

[21]Jul 26, 2006
    • level: 2
    In response to the comment that the people from avatar cant use their fists, every single elemental skill is based on martial arts.?? They learn to master the element through martial arts.?? Zuko, Aang and Kattara are all expert combatants.?? I dont care how good the ninja are, it would be a tough fight against any of them.?? Sakka would die, quickly
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Magicalboy

[22]Jul 26, 2006
    • level: 28
    Comedy_Addict wrote:

Finalsequel wrote:
    fullmetalfriend wrote:
    Everyone from Naruto would own everyone from Avatar because they actuallty know how to use something called their fists instead of just throwing air blasts or water balls at each other.
    So Naruto and Company would be able to hit Aang even if they were being blown backwards by a hurricane? Or a tidal wave of water? Or move if they were trapped in Earth? Or being able to get through blasts of fire? I like boths shows but its hard to determine who would win becuase the fighting styles are so different. But to come out and say one show would destroy another is nuts. They each have their strong character and thier weak characters.

I'm taking a guess and saying you only watched the dub of Naruto right? (meaning you haven't seen past the episodes they show on CN)

Situation 1??Hurricane- Naruto and co. could use Kawarimi no Justu (Body Replacement Technique), get out of the hurricane, and attack Aang.

A hurricane is several miles big and long so Naruto & co. would just blow away no matter what they are (well except earth)

DeathandDoom

[23]Jul 26, 2006
    • level: 3

Sorry for double-posting like this, but I felt that my last post was too big, so I split it in two. First, there is one match up that I feel is completely one-sided: Katara versus Sakura. I mean, while Katara is now a master Waterbender, Sakura has yet to win a single match. While I'm sure she would put up a good fight, I am just as sure that Sakura would lose.

Now that that's out of the way, here are some match-ups I would like to see:

Toph vs. Neji: Both are masters of predicting the opponent's attacks and counter-attacking. Neji's byakugan has a 360 degree range of vision, making it impossible to sneak up on him, while Toph's "earth-sense" can feel even the most minute vibrations in the earth, and is so refined she can even tell how the opponent is going to move. Neji's "gentle fist" technique is deadly at close range, while Toph can alter the terrain and attack from a distance. Neji can encase himself in chakra and spin, repelling all attacks, while Toph can shift the ground under the opponent's feet, trapping their legs or knocking them to the ground. This would be a fight I would pay to see.

Nine-Tailed Naruto vs. Avatar State Aang: Think about it; the ultimate battle. One's a God, the other's a devil. they both are immensely powerful. THIS would be the fight to end all fights.

Herbert0

[24]Jul 26, 2006
    • level: 10

Is this after the TJ, before? or where toonami is at?

Aang vs??Sasuke = Hard to say. Sasuke loses until PTJ, where he would own.

Sokka vs Naruto = I'm sorry naruto wins PTJ, before, and where toonami is at.

Katara vs Sakura = Katara wins until PTJ

Zuko vs Itachi = Zuko loses... ( Most people don't know who itachi is because america??hasn't aired??the episode??yet...)

DeathandDoom

[25]Jul 26, 2006
    If, uh, PTJ is the three-year interlude, then yes, before that happens

Colonel_Brian

[26]Jul 26, 2006
    • level: 12
    Why are we comparing two shows there diffrent besides Both rock in their own dub of course.

Miroku_of_Nite1

[27]Jul 26, 2006
    • level: 17
    I dont know who would win, but in terms of the show Naruto it is nothing more then fanservice ninja anime.

Colonel_Brian

[28]Jul 26, 2006
    It's you're opinion but I wouldn't post in the Naruto forums if I were you (I'm a fan so I can )

DeathandDoom

[29]Jul 26, 2006
    Hey, I love both of them, and it's fun to think of match-ups like this.

sly4me

[30]Jul 26, 2006
    • level: 26
    I feel like a hypocrite by posying on this, but....I just started watching Naruto. I must say, Naruto is better. (the japanese version)

Colonel_Brian

[31]Jul 26, 2006

sly4me wrote:
    I feel like a hypocrite by posying on this, but....I just started watching Naruto. I must say, Naruto is better. (the japanese version)
    Y

It's alright Sly as long as you love this show we have no problem and I won't have to use justice to change you're mind.

humanity2015

[32]Jul 26, 2006
    • level: 1
    i think its a little unevenly matched, the powers used in naruto are completely different that in avatar, not that i prefer naruto, but the techniques used in naruto have powers far beyond that of avatar

GIVElove

[33]Jul 26, 2006
    Colonel_Brian wrote:

sly4me wrote:
    Y

It's alright Sly as long as you love this show we have no problem and I won't have to use justice to change you're mind.

ive never seen it before... my brother said he liked it but he doesnt think i would... for whatever reason ill be back later time to go interogating (spelling?)
    *evil grin*

Colonel_Brian

[34]Jul 26, 2006
    GIVElove wrote:
    Colonel_Brian wrote:

sly4me wrote:
    Y

ive never seen it before... my brother said he liked it but he doesnt think i would... for whatever reason ill be back later time to go interogating (spelling?) *evil grin*

GIVElove

[35]Jul 27, 2006
    Colonel_Brian wrote:
    GIVElove wrote:
    Colonel_Brian wrote:

sly4me wrote:
    Y

ive never seen it before... my brother said he liked it but he doesnt think i would... for whatever reason ill be back later time to go interogating (spelling?) *evil grin*

well the interigating wasnt very successful all he said was i dont know i thought it was gonna be something more interesting that i could bash him over the for saying
    *evil grin (still)*

Comedy_Addict

[36]Jul 27, 2006
    DeathandDoom wrote:
    Comedy_Addict wrote:

Finalsequel wrote:
    fullmetalfriend wrote:
    Everyone from Naruto would own everyone from Avatar because they actuallty know how to use something called their fists instead of just throwing air blasts or water balls at each other.
    So Naruto and Company would be able to hit Aang even if they were being blown backwards by a hurricane? Or a tidal wave of water? Or move if they were trapped in Earth? Or being able to get through blasts of fire? I like boths shows but its hard to determine who would win becuase the fighting styles are so different. But to come out and say one show would destroy another is nuts. They each have their strong character and thier weak characters.

I'm taking a guess and saying you only watched the dub of Naruto right? (meaning you haven't seen past the episodes they show on CN)

Situation 1 Hurricane- Naruto and co. could use Kawarimi no Justu (Body Replacement Technique), get out of the hurricane, and attack Aang.

Situation 2 Tidal Wave- Pretty much every ninja in Naruto can just walk on the water....

Situation 3 Getting Stuck in the Ground - Shushin no Justu (Body Flicker Tecnique) i mean come on not a lot of ninjas would just wait for the ground to open from underneath them and then fall in.

Situation 4 Blast of Fire - A water jutsu to counter the fire or a fire jutsu themselves. SPOILER-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Naruto was fightning Sasuke and was in Kyuubi mode all he did was roar and the fire went away

And I can assume that YOU haven't seen much of Avatar, or you would know that bending is far more varied than simple moves like tidal waves and the like.?? A wall of water can instantly become a sheet of ice, which can dissove into mist and reform into ice daggers -- all within seconds. An Airbender uses the wind to enhance his every movement; running faster, jumping higher and further than normaly possible. An Earthbender can levetate boulders with ease - and fling them at opponents at lightning speed. And master Firebenders can create lightning bolts -- let's see a water Jitsu block that.

Just so you know??I have seen a good amount of Avatar (I only havent seen The Library/The Desert Episodes because??I was on vacation) The only reason??I didn't add more detail to the situations because I was simply showing you that in every situation that Naruto and co. were not beaten yet.

New Situation 1 Ice Daggers - A Ninja can either jump of of the mist or clear it away using a wind jutsu (or a Hyuuga can just use Kaiten) and then use kunia and/or shurikens to block the daggers.

New Situation 2 Enhancing Yourself - A ninja can also use chakra to run faster, jump higher, and can also use it to punch harder, walk on water, and walk on vertical objects such as trees. Also once again the Shushin no Justu (Body Flicker Tecnique)??which many Ninja know let the user travel much faster than what we have seen the Avatar do.

New Situation 3 Levetate Boulders - Ninjas can also make huge walls of Earth and make a dragons head made of mud that shoots huge balls of mud at people, along with many other Earth Jutsu.

New Situation 4 Lightning - Ninja's can also use lightning techniques such as the Raikiri and Raizo Ikazuchi wo Utte (Thunderbolt Strike).??

These situations aside, in Avatar it is shown that Earthbenders can't do anything in a place without earth and I am assuming that this is the same for Waterbenders (which is why Katara carries that bottle of water around). Ninjas however can produce water and mud (to use earth jutsus) from their mouths.

Magicalboy

[37]Jul 27, 2006
    • level: 28
    Comedy_Addict wrote:
    DeathandDoom wrote:
    Comedy_Addict wrote:

Finalsequel wrote:
    fullmetalfriend wrote:

Situation 1 Hurricane- Naruto and co. could use Kawarimi no Justu (Body Replacement Technique), get out of the hurricane, and attack Aang.

Situation 2 Tidal Wave- Pretty much every ninja in Naruto can just walk on the water....

Situation 3 Getting Stuck in the Ground - Shushin no Justu (Body Flicker Tecnique) i mean come on not a lot of ninjas would just wait for the ground to open from underneath them and then fall in.

Situation 4 Blast of Fire - A water jutsu to counter the fire or a fire jutsu themselves. SPOILER-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Naruto was fightning Sasuke and was in Kyuubi mode all he did was roar and the fire went away

And I can assume that YOU haven't seen much of Avatar, or you would know that bending is far more varied than simple moves like tidal waves and the like.?? A wall of water can instantly become a sheet of ice, which can dissove into mist and reform into ice daggers -- all within seconds. An Airbender uses the wind to enhance his every movement; running faster, jumping higher and further than normaly possible. An Earthbender can levetate boulders with ease - and fling them at opponents at lightning speed. And master Firebenders can create lightning bolts -- let's see a water Jitsu block that.

Just so you know??I have seen a good amount of Avatar (I only havent seen The Library/The Desert Episodes because??I was on vacation) The only reason??I didn't add more detail to the situations because I was simply showing you that in every situation that Naruto and co. were not beaten yet.

New Situation 1 Ice Daggers - A Ninja can either jump of of the mist or clear it away using a wind jutsu (or a Hyuuga can just use Kaiten) and then use kunia and/or shurikens to block the daggers.

New Situation 2 Enhancing Yourself - A ninja can also use chakra to run faster, jump higher, and can also use it to punch harder, walk on water, and walk on vertical objects such as trees. Also once again the Shushin no Justu (Body Flicker Tecnique)??which many Ninja know let the user travel much faster than what we have seen the Avatar do.

New Situation 3 Levetate Boulders - Ninjas can also make huge walls of Earth and make a dragons head made of mud that shoots huge balls of mud at people, along with many other Earth Jutsu.

New Situation 4 Lightning - Ninja's can also use lightning techniques such as the Raikiri and Raizo Ikazuchi wo Utte (Thunderbolt Strike).??

These situations aside, in Avatar it is shown that Earthbenders can't do anything in a place without earth and I am assuming that this is the same for Waterbenders (which is why Katara carries that bottle of water around). Ninjas however can produce water and mud (to use earth jutsus) from their mouths.

what you dont know is that its possible for waterbenders to get water from the air

Comedy_Addict

[38]Jul 27, 2006
    Magicalboy wrote:
    Comedy_Addict wrote:
    DeathandDoom wrote:
    Comedy_Addict wrote:

Finalsequel wrote:
    fullmetalfriend wrote:

what you dont know is that its possible for waterbenders to get water from the air

oh my bad then

Drigerkid

[39]Jul 27, 2006
    • level: 11

Okay, I like both shows and benders and ninjas have different strengths, but I think it depends on how much power they use and how far to go in Naruto (You know as far as the dub or the anime or the manga). Here is how I'd look at it:

(((Naruto Spoilers)))
    Aang vs. Sasuke: This is hard. If Sasuke used Level 2 curse seal and the Sharingan it would be pretty hard to beat, but if Aang used his his Avatar State it would be evened out. Except the fact Sasuke can intisapate moves which could possibly affect the battle. He could also use the??dark chidori which could easily kill Aang in the Avatar State.
    Sasuke:
    -Curse Seal Level 1 and 2
    -Sharingan
    -Chidori
    -Katon Justus
    -Phyisical Attacks
    -Replacement Jutsus
    -Henge Jutsus
    -Other Stuff I stilll do not know (From Manga)

Aang:
    -Waterbending (Mastered in Avatar State)
    -Mastered Airbending
    -Earthbending (Mastered in AS)
    -Firebending (Mastered in AS)
    -The Avatar State

Here it looks like Sasuke would win.

Sokka vs. Naruto:
    No contest. Naruto would easily defeat Sokka with his giant amount of stamina and rasengan. And if needed his Kyuubi would kill him.

Prince Zuko vs. Itachi (This should have a spoiler warning for those watching the dub):
    Even though Prince Zuko is strong he hasn't mastered Firebending??and hasn't??even touched the surface of Lightning Bending. Not even Kakashi could beat him with the Sharingan, so Itachi has won. But I still want to list.

Itachi:
    -Sharingan
    -Mangekyou Sharingan
    -Katon Jutsus
    -All of his copied Jutsus
    -Physical power

Zuko:
    -Broad swords
    -Firebending

Itachi of course.

Last is Katara vs. Sakura.
    I think Katara would win because Sakura (I'm using her in the anime) is a medical nin??in-training and they don't specialize in combat. She is easily outmatched by Katara's Master Waterbending Skills. Katara also has the ability to heal so that is equal to sakura's medical nin powers.

Eman5805

[40]Jul 27, 2006
    • level: 14

Gaara would get his head handed to him by any Earthbender