We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Avatar: The Legend of Korra News

Jinto11

[262]Jul 15, 2010
    • level: 5

i was a little late on watching Avatar: the last airbender but the real thing that caught my attention was the role of Azula villain that has a softer side.

I was a little disappointed on how the series ended with her being insane made me feel bad for her with no one loving her and no one for her to love ( she fell into darkness because of the separation from people thinking love is a weakness).

In this new series (if they make one) I am hoping for more development for Azula (i liked how Zuko came out i kinda want Azula along the same lines) for her to be evil and bad at first but slowly going through experiences that change her personality and in the end her life.

To accomplish this I hope they have her adventuring with a shady guy powerful fire/air bender who has a knack in getting in trouble breaks out of jail really lost in life(no family) until Azula helps him and he realizes that she is the first person who has cared for him and Azula slowly realizes that he cares for her. This mutual relationship changes them throughout the series from evil and bad to some what good.

Also they should add in the most important thing is bringing Ursa (Azula and Zuko mom) back to reunite with her kids and help Azula through her life changing process being good.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JandSman

[263]Jul 15, 2010
    • level: 32
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    Aang can't be alive of Korra is the Avatar, and, we've established that Korra being directly related to Aang would be silly.
    I meant we could see him like how we saw Avatar Roku and why would it be silly for Korra to be related to Aang i think it's the most likely of possiblities.

Bunnygirl

[264]Jul 16, 2010
    • level: 10
    JandSman wrote:
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    Aang can't be alive of Korra is the Avatar, and, we've established that Korra being directly related to Aang would be silly.
    I meant we could see him like how we saw Avatar Roku and why would it be silly for Korra to be related to Aang i think it's the most likely of possiblities.

At the risk of repeating myself, well, the whole point of the Avatar is to keep balance. It wouldn't be very balanced if two Avatar's in a row are related. Part of the balance comes fom the fact that the Avatar some random person each time. If it just looped around father to granddaughter, the process would be less random. People would question what made that family so special that they could have two directly related Avatars. It could lead to problems with keeping the peace. Plus, it sounds like a fanfic. Not to mention Aang would have to die within seconds to a few days before his great?-granddaughter's birth. I say keep the relation between the two distant, like she's from the Foggy Swamp Tribe distant.

Ugh, I've been posting way too much lately. I need to go back to lurking.

edmasterchaos

[265]Jul 16, 2010
    • level: 41
    ^What bunny said. Specially the Foggy Swamp Tribe thing.

carcrashheart17

[266]Jul 16, 2010
    • level: 3

_Flutterlight_ wrote:
    carcrashheart17 wrote:

You ague your point well, but I still think he is weak. Not every Character (or person) in history need daddy's love. Zuko, in my opinion, is weak at his core, and I don't think he ever truly over comes this tragic flaw. I can see why some people find it interesting to watch is so called growing, learning and accepting but I find it boring, because its an overused story line that always ends in the same fashion. Zuko isl ike a three year old who can't get over the fact he's dumb, inadequate and doesn't get everything he wants. True hero's can get past simply set backs like a horrible father, some of these hero's don't have an Iroh to help them along the way. They are lost without guidance but manage to find their own way, because their core is pure. Zuko is far from a hero, let alone good guy, and far from interesting with his overused story line. Hes a typically flip-flopper. He is just a weak cry baby.

You fail to realize that at the beginning, Zuko really had no idea what he was doing was wrong. As seen in episodes like The Deserter and The Headband, Fire Nation children are conditioned from the very begining to believe that people of the Fire Nation are a "Master Race" and all other people and Nations are evil. They were taught to beleive that they were trying to do the right thing and share the glory of their nation with the rest of the world. Zuko was brought up to beleive that, and until he spent a lot of time with Earth Nation people, he had no evidence to show him that what his father and others were teaching him was wrong. And he still fully didn't beleive it because it's really, really hard to overcome the way one is brought up. When Azula came, Zuko joined her because she reaffirmed what he had been brought up to beleive: His father loved him (like his mother tried to convince him), and the other nations were inferior. Zuko lost his doubts in the merit of the Fire Nation, and joined her because of that. But the fact is, he DID eventually over come what he was taught to beleive, and he did it in a matter of MONTHS. In real life, it takes years for kids to triumph over that sort of thing. Child soldiers, taught to beleive killing and murdering is good, have a horrible time over coming such teachings. They need hours and hours and hours of therapy, much more than what Zuko received from his uncle. And that is why Zuko is in reality, a strong character.

Well Zuko must lack common instincts. Everyone (in theory) has a since of right and wrong. And when things are extremely wrong or bad they can tell. So either Zuko is just plain stupid and lacks natural instincts, or he is just plain evil and ignored them. So truth he is typically character with a weak persona and a pointless story arch.

JandSman

[267]Jul 16, 2010
    • level: 32
    Bunnygirl wrote:
    JandSman wrote:
    edmasterchaos wrote:

At the risk of repeating myself, well, the whole point of the Avatar is to keep balance. It wouldn't be very balanced if two Avatar's in a row are related. Part of the balance comes fom the fact that the Avatar some random person each time. If it just looped around father to granddaughter, the process would be less random. People would question what made that family so special that they could have two directly related Avatars. It could lead to problems with keeping the peace. Plus, it sounds like a fanfic. Not to mention Aang would have to die within seconds to a few days before his great?-granddaughter's birth. I say keep the relation between the two distant, like she's from the Foggy Swamp Tribe distant.

Ugh, I've been posting way too much lately. I need to go back to lurking.
    I see your point and its a very good point but if Zuko Grandfather was Avatar Roku and his family was very powerful all around.

SalKing2

[268]Jul 16, 2010
    • level: 37

Hey everyone, I found this site: legendofkorra.com.

Its a fansite, but has some interesting information from twitter. I'm not posting anything so that I don't spoil it for anyone, but do you think this is reliable information? Is it true or fake?

_Flutterlight_

[270]Jul 16, 2010
    • level: 15
    SalKing2 wrote:

Its a fansite, but has some interesting information from twitter. I'm not posting anything so that I don't spoil it for anyone, but do you think this is reliable information? Is it true or fake?

There doesn't seem to be any glaring problems with what they're saying, but I wouldn't consider this truly legitimate information until Bryke give us more information during the comic-con.

edmasterchaos

[271]Jul 16, 2010
    • level: 41
    _Flutterlight_ wrote:
    SalKing2 wrote:

There doesn't seem to be any glaring problems with what they're saying, but I wouldn't consider this truly legitimate information until Bryke give us more information during the comic-con.
    What she said.

Eman5805

[272]Jul 16, 2010
    • level: 14
    62 posts since I last been here...and not a new piece of info to see.

Da well.

T7F

[273]Jul 17, 2010
    • level: 7

Jinto11 wrote:

i was a little late on watching Avatar: the last airbender but the real thing that caught my attention was the role of Azula villain that has a softer side.

I was a little disappointed on how the series ended with her being insane made me feel bad for her with no one loving her and no one for her to love ( she fell into darkness because of the separation from people thinking love is a weakness).

In this new series (if they make one) I am hoping for more development for Azula (i liked how Zuko came out i kinda want Azula along the same lines) for her to be evil and bad at first but slowly going through experiences that change her personality and in the end her life.

To accomplish this I hope they have her adventuring with a shady guy powerful fire/air bender who has a knack in getting in trouble breaks out of jail really lost in life(no family) until Azula helps him and he realizes that she is the first person who has cared for him and Azula slowly realizes that he cares for her. This mutual relationship changes them throughout the series from evil and bad to some what good.

Also they should add in the most important thing is bringing Ursa (Azula and Zuko mom) back to reunite with her kids and help Azula through her life changing process being good.

The thing about that is, Ursa DID love her she jut paid more attention to Zuko cause he needed it more she was loved but she never really felt it

[274]Jul 17, 2010
    • level: 14
    Meelo and Wei Bei? Oh I hope not.

Bunnygirl

[275]Jul 18, 2010
    • level: 10

Wei Bei - Earth Kingdom, most likely. And, hey, Toph Bei Fong, Wei Bei. Connection? I don't know. Wei Bei's a girl's name, I think. Well, the two names separately are girl's names. So a tall, shy, deaf sandbender... who can read lips and became deaf later in life so she can still talk?
    Meelo - Not sure. Air Nomad?

carcrashheart17

[276]Jul 18, 2010
    • level: 3

Well Zuko must lack common instincts. Everyone (in theory) has a since of right and wrong. And when things are extremely wrong or bad they can tell. So either Zuko is just plain stupid and lacks natural instincts, or he is just plain evil and ignored them. So truth he is typically character with a weak persona and a pointless story arch.

[/QUOTE] If that's true for Zuko, then ALL the children who cheered when Fire Lord Ozai burnt the Earth Kingdom warrior to death while they were watching the puppet show in the episode The Deserter, are evil. And so are ALL the children who attended that Fire Nation school during the Headband episode, because they believed that it was okay for the Fire Nation to "Attack the Air Monk's vicious army". Anyhow, while (in theory) people have a moral sense of what is right and what is wrong, it has been proven that a person's moral sense can be changed by taught to counter-act that sense at a very young age. Would you expert an eight year old to intuitively KNOW that it is wrong to shoot somebody, if they have been trained to do so since they were two? Zuko would have been trained, basically since birth, to beleive that other nations were inferior to the Fire Nation. His sense of morality was non-existent, it was stunted and twisted by others. (An excellent example of this is how his father basically maimed him for suggesting that the lives of new Fire Nation recruits were worth more than the supposed needs of the rest of the Fire Nation.) Also, it has also been scientifically proven that people change their behavior under the presence of an authority figure. (In Zuko's case, Azula). A scientist, after the holocaust, wanted to prove that Germans were evil because they murdered so many Jews with only the excuse, "I did what I was told". The scientist pulled people off the street in areas of the United States that were heavily populated with Germans, and other areas that has only a small German population. He then told them that their job was to push a series of buttons to deliver an electric current to people he had strapped to a chair in another room. The electric current increased with each button, and ended in a voltage that would obviously kill the person strapped into the chair. In reality, there was only a tape recording of the other person screaming, and nobody was electrocuted. But over half the people pulled off the street pushed every single button when berated by an authority figure every time they stopped. (It turned out that there was no statistically significant difference between Germans and the rest of the American population though, so Germans were not proven to be any more evil than the rest of the world.) So clearly, Zuko does NOT lack common instincts, and therefore, through your line of arguing, about half of the world population is either plain stupid, or of a weak constitution.[/QUOTE]

Well if that is your opinion have fun with it. All I'm hearing is excuses. I don't like him. I think he is weak and pointless. Sorry.

T7F

[279]Jul 18, 2010
    • level: 7

Wei......Wei Bei.......................Wei Bei Fong wait a second......if that was true Toph married someone in her family unledss names ar epassed through females in the AVatarverse

Meelo: It does sound airish possibly Aang and Katra's (grand?)daughter?

I just had a weird idea what if Korra was Sokka's (grand?)daughter? I mean she is the (grand?)daughter of 2 nonbenders but she is the avatar weird right?

Anyways by the sound of the names we will have many girls in the show