We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Avatar: The Legend of Korra News

Willy105

[301]Jul 21, 2010
    • level: 11

IT'S ANNOUNCED!

Coming 2011.

Source

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Bunnygirl

[302]Jul 21, 2010
    • level: 10

Willy105 wrote:

IT'S ANNOUNCED!

Coming 2011.

Source

Flameo, my good hotman!

Why does that shot remind me of Assassin's Creed? Now I want an Avatar who does a bunch of parkour... but I'm still so excited about this!

EDIT: "Korra's quest eventually leads her to Republic City–the epicenter of the world of "Avatar." A metropolis powered by steampunk-type technology, the city is inhabited by people from all nations. Korra finds that Republic City suffers from rampant crime and is also dealing with an anti-bender revolt. Korra is tutored by Aang's son, Tenzin, is the ways of airbending."

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2010/07/21/avatar-the-last-airbender-nickelodeon-greenlights-tv-sequel-the-legend-of-korra/

Steampunk! Skyscrapers! Anti-bending hate crimes! Aang's son who'd probably be considerably older than Korra! Oh my God, I need to lie down.

Edited on 07/21/2010 8:41am
    Edited 2 total times.

BwayJ

[303]Jul 21, 2010
    • level: 8
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    If Bryke are at the comic con, would you mind if I ask that question?

Please do!

shadowysea07

[304]Jul 21, 2010
    • level: 25

darn i wanted to be the first to tell everyone DX

heres the summary

The Legend of Korra takes place 70 years after the events of Avatar: The Last Airbender and follows the adventures of the Avatar after Aang – a passionate, rebellious, and fearless teenaged girl from the Southern Water Tribe named Korra. With three of the four elements under her belt (Earth, Water, and Fire), Korra seeks to master the final element, Air. Her quest leads her to the epicenter of the modern "Avatar" world, Republic City – a metropolis that is fueled by steampunk technology. It is a virtual melting pot where benders and non-benders from all nations live and thrive. However, Korra discovers that Republic City is plagued by crime as well as a growing anti-bending revolution that threatens to rip it apart. Under the tutelage of Aang's son, Tenzin, Korra begins her airbending training while dealing with the dangers at large.

shadowysea07

[305]Jul 21, 2010
    • level: 25

so far this sounds pretty good though i'm surprised that they city would be in such bad shape crime wise. sucks that aang died at the age of around 67 then DX. my money is on he was killed by antibending haters. since aang was so lazy/peaceful i'm guessing this is how it got this bad. he probably didn't want to meddle either since it could end up like kyoshi's police.

when do you think we'll get a page up for korra here?

Edited on 07/21/2010 9:07am
    Edited 3 total times.

Willy105

[306]Jul 21, 2010
    • level: 11
    Looks like a lot has happened in 70 years!

edmasterchaos

[307]Jul 21, 2010
    • level: 41
    heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell yeah!

_Flutterlight_

[308]Jul 21, 2010
    • level: 15
    I'm a little iffy on the whole steam-punk thing... But still, this sounds AWESOME!

JandSman

[309]Jul 21, 2010
    • level: 32
    the city reminds me of Ba Sing Se with all of its crime but i like how it's different then the originial series with Non Benders vs Benders. But if it's 70 years we could see many of the old cast like Katara, Sokka, Suki, Toph, Zuko, and even Azula. But we're for sure going to see Aang even if it's just Korra talking to Aang through Avatar stuff.

Bunnygirl

[310]Jul 21, 2010
    I wonder if they told Korra that she was the Avatar when she was younger, like they did with Aang. She's 16 and has already mastered three elements. I mean, yeah, Aang did that in nine months but he had a deadline. Previous Avatars took more time; it took Roku twelve years to be a fully realized Avatar. So either they told her early or she sped her way through training like Aang did.

AllieAllie

[311]Jul 21, 2010
    • level: 22

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *huge fangasm*

*faints*

JandSman

[312]Jul 21, 2010
    I'm exicited to learn more about her allies it sounds like she has a character like Zuko and i want to know about Aang son and what happened to Aang.

edmasterchaos

[313]Jul 21, 2010
    • level: 41
    Well, i think Aang hasn't done much in the sixteen years before the start of the series

SPDShadowRanger

[314]Jul 21, 2010
    • level: 72

shadowysea07 wrote:

darn i wanted to be the first to tell everyone DX

heres the summary

The Legend of Korra takes place 70 years after the events of Avatar: The Last Airbender and follows the adventures of the Avatar after Aang – a passionate, rebellious, and fearless teenaged girl from the Southern Water Tribe named Korra. With three of the four elements under her belt (Earth, Water, and Fire), Korra seeks to master the final element, Air. Her quest leads her to the epicenter of the modern "Avatar" world, Republic City – a metropolis that is fueled by steampunk technology. It is a virtual melting pot where benders and non-benders from all nations live and thrive. However, Korra discovers that Republic City is plagued by crime as well as a growing anti-bending revolution that threatens to rip it apart. Under the tutelage of Aang's son, Tenzin, Korra begins her airbending training while dealing with the dangers at large.

Where did the summary come from?

shadowysea07 wrote:
    when do you think we'll get a page up for korra here?

Next year. There's not enough info for a guide yet.

Edited on 07/21/2010 2:22pm

Eman5805

[315]Jul 21, 2010
    • level: 14
    Comin' again to save the mother****** day yeah!
    Bending is the only way yeah!

Lame shows your day is through.
    Cuz now you'll have to answer to

So lick Toph's butt and suck on her-

So anyways...I'm psyched. I don't know about y'all, but this made my friggin' month.

[316]Jul 21, 2010
    • level: 14
    So apparently one of the Dalai Lamas is named Tenzin Gyatso. Does anyone find that interesting? He is the 14th and current one. Pertaining to Avatar? Well, Gyatso is the name of Aang's teacher and Tenzin is the name of Aang's son.

JandSman

[317]Jul 21, 2010
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    Well, i think Aang hasn't done much in the sixteen years before the start of the series
    Before he died like did he have more kids, did how did this city form under his watch, and how did he die?

Bunnygirl

[318]Jul 21, 2010
    JandSman wrote:
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    Before he died like did he have more kids, did how did this city form under his watch, and how did he die?

I'm betting he was assassinated by this anti-bender group. He might have gone down there to deal with the growing tension between the two groups. And they killed him when his guard was down, maybe during a speech or something.
    Maybe the city started with good intentions? Maybe rulers from the diferent nations had a peace summit and decided to create a city with people from all four nations to foster good will between the nations. It started okay but maybe benders ended up gaining political/economic power at the expense of the non-benders. And then you end up with the proletariat trying to revolt.
    The series will end with them managing to overthrow the benders at least in that series and a second sequel series will feature an Avatar trying to fight communism. Calling it right now.

_Flutterlight_

[319]Jul 21, 2010
    • level: 15
    SPDShadowRanger wrote:

Where did the summary come from?

[/QUOTE]

There's a page for the Legend of Korra on Toonzone. I don't have the exact link, but you can find it off of Rufftoon's current Deviant Art journal.

(Rufftoon worked on Aang's story, so anything said by her can be assumed to be legit.)

AllieAllie

[320]Jul 21, 2010
    • level: 22

So apparently one of the Dalai Lamas is named Tenzin Gyatso. Does anyone find that interesting? He is the 14th and current one. Pertaining to Avatar? Well, Gyatso is the name of Aang's teacher and Tenzin is the name of Aang's son.

That is interesting. The Dalai Lama is similar to the Avatar too. They both are supposed to be spritual beings reincarnated into different people every few generations and after the Dalai Lama/Avatar dies. They both have rituals involving choosing certain toys to determine who is the dalai lama/avatar. And they're both supposed to lead the people and bring peace.

There's some info here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dalai_Lama