We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Avatar: The Legend of Korra News

hanners94

[241]Jul 14, 2010
    • level: 1
    Bunnygirl wrote:
    I like the idea of seeing some of the characters will be in the show as they are, as well, as flashbacks. Bumi was 112 and Guru Pathik was like 130 and Kyoshi lived to be over 200 so it's possible the Gaang could live as long as them. Maybe Korra will visit some of the old cast and that's how we'll get flashbacks. I can see her being invited to the fire lord's palace and instead of meeting the fire lord, she'll meet his father who let his son take over. He'd be very old but dignified, and she'll notice the scar over his eye. But he'd offer her some tea, maybe mentioning that his uncle used to make it so much better, and then he'd tell her that he knew her in another life... her past life.

Oh, and maybe some of the old cast would've been inducted into the order of the white lotus, in case OWL gains more importance. I know they didn't show any women but I could see them letting Toph in, just because. Zuko's practically a given because of Iroh, and Sokka would probably get in because of Piandao.

I hope we get some info soon, because all of this speculation is exhausting.

Yess... I want all of this to happen!! Sounds amazing and I really really hope this new show thing doesn't fall through!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

edmasterchaos

[242]Jul 14, 2010
    • level: 41
    JandSman wrote:
    The one thing i have to say guys is don't get your hopes to high it may not happen.
    The hell are you talkin' about?

Bunnygirl

[243]Jul 14, 2010
    • level: 10
    JandSman wrote:
    The one thing i have to say guys is don't get your hopes to high it may not happen.

Don't say that! We should get our hopes up even higher! So high that we could join the Blue Lantern Corps!

JandSman

[244]Jul 14, 2010
    • level: 32
    I just don't want to disapointed if it doesn't happen that would suck but if i get my hopes up really high and then it doesn't happen then it will suck a lot more do you get my point.

rookeealding

[245]Jul 14, 2010
    • level: 9

I wonder thought if it won't be a quest to find the other signature items.Like the sokka's space sword, Ang's air glider, Toph's bracelet, And Katnna's Necklass. Just about all of them have some type of "item" that could be quite a thing to have 100 years later.

carcrashheart17

[246]Jul 14, 2010
    • level: 3
    I hope they don't even say Zukos name. Enough time as been wasted on his character already, don't cha think?

edmasterchaos

[247]Jul 14, 2010
    Not at all, love his character. But i doubt we'll get much of him, if they do refference the previous characters he'll probably get less refferences than Aang, and maybe slightly more refferences than the rest of the cast.

Bunnygirl

[248]Jul 14, 2010

carcrashheart17 wrote:
    I hope they don't even say Zukos name. Enough time as been wasted on his character already, don't cha think?
    I'm starting to get the feeling that you don't like Zuko. At the risk of being off-topic, may I ask why you don't like him?
    rookeealding wrote:
    I wonder thought if it won't be a quest to find the other signature items.Like the sokka's space sword, Ang's air glider, Toph's bracelet, And Katnna's Necklass. Just about all of them have some type of "item" that could be quite a thing to have 100 years later.
    I like that idea. I don't really see why Katara's necklace would be important though. I guess because it was the necklace of the Avatar's wife? But Sokka's sword could be a Sword in the Stone type thing, assuming he didn't get Aang or Toph to get it for him. Still thinking about the other two.

etomp

[249]Jul 14, 2010

korra may search for aangs glider becauseshe might feel a special connection to it since it was a big part of her past life

T7F

[250]Jul 14, 2010
    • level: 7

JandSman wrote:
    I just don't want to disapointed if it doesn't happen that would suck but if i get my hopes up really high and then it doesn't happen then it will suck a lot more do you get my point.
    the creators confirmed, it will happen

_Flutterlight_

[251]Jul 14, 2010
    • level: 15
    Not necessarily. Nick doesn't have to air anything unless there's a definite contract. And they can always cancel pre-production.

carcrashheart17

[252]Jul 14, 2010

Bunnygirl wrote:

carcrashheart17 wrote:
    I'm starting to get the feeling that you don't like Zuko. At the risk of being off-topic, may I ask why you don't like him?

His character is a waste. I don't understand why he was ever a "good guy" he's a pathetic jerk. I mean his uncle is so funny and nice and all Zuko ever is is mean. He can't control lightening and his sister is a way more talented. Zuko to weak to pick what side he is on until (practically) the end of this series.

T7F

[253]Jul 14, 2010
    • level: 7

_Flutterlight_ wrote:
    Not necessarily. Nick doesn't have to air anything unless there's a definite contract. And they can always cancel pre-production.

we dont know if there was a contract or if there is

Bunnygirl

[254]Jul 15, 2010

carcrashheart17 wrote:
    His character is a waste. I don't understand why he was ever a "good guy" he's a pathetic jerk. I mean his uncle is so funny and nice and all Zuko ever is is mean. He can't control lightening and his sister is a way more talented. Zuko to weak to pick what side he is on until (practically) the end of this series.

Warning: Rambling character analysis ahead.

Yes, Zuko was pathetic and weak-minded, at first, but you have to realize why. He had an abusive father, and his mother, who was the only one who protected him, disappeared the night that he heard his father was going to kill him. Meaning, he was left for five years with Ozai, who most likely continued neglecting Zuko during those five years. And Azula definitely would have kept mocking him and cementing Zuko's idea that he was inadequate and a failure. And although Iroh would have likely tried to help Zuko, there wouldn't have been that much he could do for him at that time. Ozai might have banished Iroh as well, if he constantly questioned his parenting skills. So then when he's 14, he's banished and severely burned for merely speaking out of turn, when he was only trying to protect some new recruits.

All his life, he's had nothing but negative things happen to him. So, it's not that surprising that in the beginning of the series, he would act like a villain and a jerk. Yes, Iroh tried to help him, but at that point, he was convinced that he was doing the right thing. He wanted his father to love him, something any person wants, and he can't really be blamed for that. The only problems were that he wanted love from a genocidal psychopath, who probably didn't even love his favorite child, and, the fact that he did this at the expense of alienating his real father figure, Iroh. It's probable that Zuko knew, at least, subconsciously, that Iroh loved him and always would, and used that to justify his constant lashing out at Iroh. It wasn't right but he eventually made up for it. In retrospect, I'm sorta glad he didn't join the Gaang back in Ba Sing Sae. He needed to go back and finally see that he's been doing that he's on the wrong path. It, literally, had to smacked into him that the only person that could restore his honor is himself. This made his final turn towards good all the more satisfying, in my opinion.

About the lightning, didn't Iroh say that you needed a steady mind to be able to seperate the chi and turn it into lightning or something like that? At the time, Zuko was going through a lot of emotional turmoil, so he wouldn't have been able to. Azula's better at bending because she was a prodigy and completely obsessed with perfection. Being groomed to be Daddy's little sociopath can do that sometimes.

So, yeah, that's just my long and incoherent opinion though. TLDR: I think Zuko's quite complex and found his character development to be very nice, not a waste of time. But I totally respect your opinion.

Ahem, so how about that new series, guys?

JandSman

[255]Jul 15, 2010
    • level: 32
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    Not at all, love his character. But i doubt we'll get much of him, if they do refference the previous characters he'll probably get less refferences than Aang, and maybe slightly more refferences than the rest of the cast.
    I think we will probably see Aang, Katara, and Toph because i think Toph will be just like Bumi very old but still a great earth bender. But i think we will definetly see Katara and Aang because they would most likely be the grandparents of Korra. And is Korra a girl or a boy i think a girl but i'm not sure.

edmasterchaos

[256]Jul 15, 2010
    Aang can't be alive of Korra is the Avatar, and, we've established that Korra being directly related to Aang would be silly.

etomp

[257]Jul 15, 2010

korra doesnt necessarilly have to be from the southern water tribe either. Maybe he/she will be from the northern.

edmasterchaos

[258]Jul 15, 2010
    Norther and Souther water tribes are an ilussion, like death. The Swampy Water Tribes are where it's at!

_Flutterlight_

[259]Jul 15, 2010
    • level: 15
    XD

A Northern Water Tribe female (at least, I beleive the next waterbending avatar is supposed to be female) could pose for an interesting plot. Although that sort of feminist thing was already done in the Legend of Aang with Katara.

carcrashheart17

[260]Jul 15, 2010

Bunnygirl wrote:

carcrashheart17 wrote:

Warning: Rambling character analysis ahead.

Yes, Zuko was pathetic and weak-minded, at first, but you have to realize why. He had an abusive father, and his mother, who was the only one who protected him, disappeared the night that he heard his father was going to kill him. Meaning, he was left for five years with Ozai, who most likely continued neglecting Zuko during those five years. And Azula definitely would have kept mocking him and cementing Zuko's idea that he was inadequate and a failure. And although Iroh would have likely tried to help Zuko, there wouldn't have been that much he could do for him at that time. Ozai might have banished Iroh as well, if he constantly questioned his parenting skills. So then when he's 14, he's banished and severely burned for merely speaking out of turn, when he was only trying to protect some new recruits.

All his life, he's had nothing but negative things happen to him. So, it's not that surprising that in the beginning of the series, he would act like a villain and a jerk. Yes, Iroh tried to help him, but at that point, he was convinced that he was doing the right thing. He wanted his father to love him, something any person wants, and he can't really be blamed for that. The only problems were that he wanted love from a genocidal psychopath, who probably didn't even love his favorite child, and, the fact that he did this at the expense of alienating his real father figure, Iroh. It's probable that Zuko knew, at least, subconsciously, that Iroh loved him and always would, and used that to justify his constant lashing out at Iroh. It wasn't right but he eventually made up for it. In retrospect, I'm sorta glad he didn't join the Gaang back in Ba Sing Sae. He needed to go back and finally see that he's been doing that he's on the wrong path. It, literally, had to smacked into him that the only person that could restore his honor is himself. This made his final turn towards good all the more satisfying, in my opinion.

About the lightning, didn't Iroh say that you needed a steady mind to be able to seperate the chi and turn it into lightning or something like that? At the time, Zuko was going through a lot of emotional turmoil, so he wouldn't have been able to. Azula's better at bending because she was a prodigy and completely obsessed with perfection. Being groomed to be Daddy's little sociopath can do that sometimes.

So, yeah, that's just my long and incoherent opinion though. TLDR: I think Zuko's quite complex and found his character development to be very nice, not a waste of time. But I totally respect your opinion.

You ague your point well, but I still think he is weak. Not every Character (or person) in history need daddy's love. Zuko, in my opinion, is weak at his core, and I don't think he ever truly over comes this tragic flaw. I can see why some people find it interesting to watch is so called growing, learning and accepting but I find it boring, because its an overused story line that always ends in the same fashion. Zuko isl ike a three year old who can't get over the fact he's dumb, inadequate and doesn't get everything he wants. True hero's can get past simply set backs like a horrible father, some of these hero's don't have an Iroh to help them along the way. They are lost without guidance but manage to find their own way, because their core is pure. Zuko is far from a hero, let alone good guy, and far from interesting with his overused story line. Hes a typically flip-flopper. He is just a weak cry baby.