We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Avatar: The Legend of Korra News

JandSman

[181]Jun 28, 2010
    • level: 32

Do we have any information on this new series

Edited on 06/28/2010 9:16pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

greenprince

[182]Jun 28, 2010
    • level: 2

I always thought that the White Lotus Society would be the next villains if another Avatar show came up. After all, The WLS transcends the boundaries of the four nations and their need to unify all nations into a single unified world government can lead to an interesting plot.

We could see the four nations battling the WLS over their freedom and ability to determine their path as a nation. This will lead to some of these nations going too far in their need of Independence and causing political instability. Of course, there would be discrimination as each tribe feels distrust for the other, fearing that they are part of the WLS.

While the WLS motives for unifying the nations are sympathetic as well, wanting to bring peace, order and to prevent another World War from arising. This will also enhance the villains' threat to the Avatar world, having numerous diverse members across the four nations who can stand against the Avatar and the Four nations.

There would be traitors in these nations who secretly support the WLS and nationalists of each element nation who secretly want to rule their perspective nation. The Avatar would feel this entire burden, not only does he/she lose his/her of living a normal life, she/he would be conflicted choosing which side she/he is on.

Edited on 06/28/2010 10:44pm
    Edited 2 total times.

_Flutterlight_

[183]Jun 28, 2010
    • level: 15
    I think the White Lotus Society would be more geared towards keeping the peace and maintaining balance... At least currently. There'd have to be a huge time difference between Aang and Korra (spelling?) for that to happen.

I'm betting that Bryke to throw us a curveball, and totally catch us off guard with the plot, but still keep everything plausible.

However, it was mentioned in the first season that the Northern Water Tribe last fought the Fire Nation 80-some years prior to Aang's arrival there. Korra sounds like a very water tribe-ish name. So whatever happened way back then is another possible plot for the new series.

greenprince

[184]Jun 28, 2010
    • level: 2

_Flutterlight_ wrote:
    I think the White Lotus Society would be more geared towards keeping the peace and maintaining balance... At least currently. There'd have to be a huge time difference between Aang and Korra (spelling?) for that to happen. I'm betting that Bryke to throw us a curveball, and totally catch us off guard with the plot, but still keep everything plausible. However, it was mentioned in the first season that the Northern Water Tribe last fought the Fire Nation 80-some years prior to Aang's arrival there. Korra sounds like a very water tribe-ish name. So whatever happened way back then is another possible plot for the new series.
    Yeah, I was expecting the new series to take place long after Aang perishes away. You are right though, the WLS is geared towards peace and maintaining balance and it would take a lot of time for these beliefs to be corrupted. Perhaps in the future the leaders of the WLS would have grown disillusioned with the duties of maintaining peace and the unsuccessful attempts of the Avatar's efforts of bringing balance that they believe unifying the World would result in everlasting order.

Edited on 06/28/2010 10:54pm
    Edited 2 total times.

[185]Jun 29, 2010
    • level: 14
    JandSman wrote:

All we know so far is that it's called Avatar: Legend of Korra, and it takes place 100 years after Avatar: The Last Airbender. And we also know that Mike and Bryan (the creators) will announce something soon, most likely at the San Diego Comic Con this July.

JandSman

[186]Jun 29, 2010
    JandSman wrote:

All we know so far is that it's called Avatar: Legend of Korra, and it takes place 100 years after Avatar: The Last Airbender. And we also know that Mike and Bryan (the creators) will announce something soon, most likely at the San Diego Comic Con this July.
    thanks for telling me i believe it's going to be about Aang and Katara grandchild maybe because they could have a water bender and the next bender in the Avatar cycle will be a Water Bender so i expect that is what it's about

_Flutterlight_

[187]Jun 30, 2010
    Wow, if it's 100 years AFTER Aang, then the plot could literally be anything.

edmasterchaos

[188]Jun 30, 2010
    • level: 41
    Cyborg Appa! |D also, i'm going to comic con, so, yeah i'll tell you all stuff as soon as i find out about it.

NegiSpongie

[189]Jun 30, 2010
    • level: 20
    Is the new series really Avatar-related or something completely different?

Bunnygirl

[190]Jun 30, 2010
    • level: 10
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    Cyborg Appa! |D also, i'm going to comic con, so, yeah i'll tell you all stuff as soon as i find out about it.

Oooh, yeah. What if it's like their original idea for A:TLA and it's in the future and all cyberpunk-y and stuff. That could be interesting. It could be the future and technology has advanced so much that most people have forgotten how to bend or barely use bending because they don't really need to fight. And the avatar has to make people... bend again or something.

edmasterchaos

[191]Jun 30, 2010
    Or hardcore Science and Bending united for awesome results

Nickylucas

[192]Jul 1, 2010
    • level: 23

I will be very interesting as to what this is. Should be really interesting.

RafaelTheWeird

[193]Jul 1, 2010
    • level: 9
    katrah88 wrote:
    Pablo_808 wrote:
    ....yeah, imma gonna wait for it to cum out on DVD to rent or watch some bootleg of it or something. Best wait until i hear how good or bad it is first.

While I understand your logic, I hope you are only one of few who are doing this. Nick wants the fans to vote with their pockets: sad but true. I, for one, hope the lot of us do in order to get some of the things we've been wanting for a while: better airtime, better merchandise, and better marketing/advertising for current and future Bryke and ATLA future projects. What I mean by "better" is MORE. Much has already improved with the launching of The Last Airbender and I don't want to see this stop here.

Katrah88 you are soooo right on yo! thats exactly what im talkin bout! Because of TLA's publicity its getting a lot of NEW popularity and i think its encouranging Bryke to give us the new show sooner rather later! If we make them happy by staying loyal i just feel it in my bones that the exchange method will work. it's 3:34am where i live in CA. just saw the movie a little while ago.(t'was awful =D but that's okay!) because the exchange of sitting through it will be worth it. Hang in there everyone who's gonna see it! Legend of Korra, and who knows what else, will soon be ours! >=)

zaidghazi

[194]Jul 1, 2010
    • level: 8

ExactlY!!

katrah88

[195]Jul 1, 2010
    • level: 11
    RafaelTheWeird wrote:
    katrah88 wrote:
    Pablo_808 wrote:
    Something I disagreed with.
    My rebuttal.

Katrah88 you are soooo right on yo! thats exactly what im talkin bout! Because of TLA's publicity its getting a lot of NEW popularity and i think its encouranging Bryke to give us the new show sooner rather later! If we make them happy by staying loyal i just feel it in my bones that the exchange method will work. it's 3:34am where i live in CA. just saw the movie a little while ago.(t'was awful =D but that's okay!) because the exchange of sitting through it will be worth it. Hang in there everyone who's gonna see it! Legend of Korra, and who knows what else, will soon be ours! >=)

Honestly, I doubt TLA will bring in any new fans unless it's as a proxy for watching ATLA. This movie was definitely a test to prove how much I love Bryke and the original material because that movie... ugh. Yet, I am still excited for the Legend of Korra. Whooooooot!

Speaking of, if this new series is 100 years after Aang... doesn't the whole learning Airbending serve as a problem for the next in line?

edmasterchaos

[196]Jul 1, 2010
    Yeah that's what we're all wondering, finally we'll know if the world just lost part of it's balance breakfast or if Aang went at it with Katara like a bunny.

katrah88

[197]Jul 1, 2010
    • level: 11
    O_O I didn't think monks did those kinds of things. XD JP But, isn't it genetic and spiritual? There must be others with enough spirit (I know but I couldn't resist) to become airbenders.

_Flutterlight_

[198]Jul 1, 2010
    katrah88 wrote:
    O_O I didn't think monks did those kinds of things. XD JP But, isn't it genetic and spiritual? There must be others with enough spirit (I know but I couldn't resist) to become airbenders.

Except that Bryke specifically said in an interview that Aang was, without a doubt, the LAST airbender. (But they could always *hopefully* change their minds!)

But let's think about this... Aang could write out a bunch of scrolls detailing how to Airbend for future avatars, so mastering that element wouldn't be too difficult for them without a teacher. (Like how Katara was able to learn from the Waterbending scroll).

Another 100 years has past since Aang, right? We also know that people in the Avatar's world can live an unusually long amount of time. (Bumi, for example.) That leaves us with a few possibilities:

1: Aang's actually still alive. But he's only referenced sparingly. We never see him, because his story is over, like Bryke said.

2: Aang's dead. Next Avatar is a Waterbender. (Korra, possibly).

3: Aang died young-ish. So did avatar after him. Next Avatar is an Earth bender. (This is realllllly unlikely though).

4: Bryke pulls a fast one on us, and the Avatar isn't a main character of the story. Instead, they do something random like make Korra be a kid who rediscovers the lost art of Airbending, even thought that wouldn't make a lot of sense.

JandSman

[199]Jul 1, 2010
    Where is the orignial article that said they were making a new show. Also i expect Aang to be dead and the next avatar to be Katara and Aang grandchild. So with Aang also being the avatar before Korra i expect Katara and Aang to have a reunion in this show.

Bunnygirl

[200]Jul 1, 2010
    • level: 10
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    Or hardcore Science and Bending united for awesome results

Now I'm picturing a future descendant of Sokka and Suki who can bend and uses SCIENCE to aid with bending. I'm not sure why but it's both adorable and awesome.