We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Avatar: The Legend of Korra News

[121]May 27, 2010
    • level: 14

There's two origins for the name "Korra". It means maiden is Greek, and grass in Aborigines. So it could be Water Tribe because it sounds like it, but it could also be Earth Kingdom just because it also means grass.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

janie_girl

[122]May 27, 2010
    • level: 12

There's two origins for the name "Korra". It means maiden is Greek, and grass in Aborigines. So it could be Water Tribe because it sounds like it, but it could also be Earth Kingdom just because it also means grass.

You have a point, I mean, the creaters had a tendency to give the characters meaningful names

Bunnygirl

[123]May 27, 2010
    • level: 10

Ah, so it's a Sukka baby? Hey, that means Aang wouldn't be reborn as his kid... just his niece/nephew! Problem solved!

Seriously though, this character should not have any relations with the originals, unless it's really distant, like fourth cousin, thrice removed. I do hope they'll show an older, spirit mentor Aang, if this is in the future. Maybe even have an episode like the avatar and the firelord, so we can see the rest of the older!Gaang.

edmasterchaos

[124]May 27, 2010
    • level: 41

janie_girl wrote:

You have a point, I mean, the creaters had a tendency to give the characters meaningful names

True, very true.
    I now do my gambling with... Water bender who knows lots of Swampy Style Bending? since y'know they use plants and stuff...
    Bah, i know nothing, i'll mostly stay quiet until we know. >>

Bunnygirl wrote:

Ah, so it's a Sukka baby? Hey, that means Aang wouldn't be reborn as his kid... just his niece/nephew! Problem solved!

Seriously though, this character should not have any relations with the originals, unless it's really distant, like fourth cousin, thrice removed. I do hope they'll show an older, spirit mentor Aang, if this is in the future. Maybe even have an episode like the avatar and the firelord, so we can see the rest of the older!Gaang.
    Oooooh! yes yes! i like that, i like that idea very much 8D

WWinnieF

[125]May 28, 2010
    • level: 20

edmasterchaos wrote:
    :
    Oooooh! yes yes! i like that, i like that idea very much 8D
    Ditto. But I wouldn't rule out a correlation to the Gaang, since many sequels/remakes have tie-ins to the original (ex: Wicked as a branch off the Oz canon, taking the 1939 MGM film universe and turning it on its side by retelling the whole tale from the eyes of Almira/Elphaba in order to make the character more of a tragic-female hero-turned-crazy-old-bat [the Broadway musical basically defied the whole crux of what's been previously established in all preceeding work--including Maguire's own novel, in some aspects--so I tend to ignore that bit, even if the songs are brilliant]).

Ding, Dong! No One Mourns The Wicked.

Edited on 05/28/2010 7:39pm
    Edited 3 total times.

edmasterchaos

[126]May 28, 2010
    ^Which is why she said Aang would appear to Korra, what more relation do you need? they're technically the same guy.

WWinnieF

[127]May 28, 2010

edmasterchaos wrote:
    ^Which is why she said Aang would appear to Korra, what more relation do you need? they're technically the same guy.
    Yes. But with that being said, whether they were blood relations or not, the possible fact that Korra could be the Avatar after Aang means that Aaang would have to croak in order to restart the cycle, just like all previous Avatars before him. And having seen Aang grow into being the Avatar himself, it'd be hard to see him bite the dust if the creators bother with showing that, just as they showed Roku as a past life for Aang. Sure, we knew Roku had to go in order to bring in Aang, but we only knew Roku through spirit world trips and glimpses into the past, whereas we've known Aang for 3 seasons and a movie triology.

Edited on 05/28/2010 7:49pm
    Edited 4 total times.

edmasterchaos

[128]May 28, 2010

WWinnieF wrote:

edmasterchaos wrote:
    Yes. But with that being said, whether they were blood relations or not, the possible fact that Korra could be the Avatar after Aang means that Aaang would have tocroak in orderto restart the cycle,just like all previous Avatars before him. And having spent 3 seasons and a future movie triology having known Aaang, it'd be hard to see him bite the dust if the creators bother with showing that, just as they showed Roku as a past life for Aang.

Not really, i mean, of course Aang's gonna have pon farr with Katara, but he doesn't "have" to. Good 'ol Kuruk is proof. Also, like Bunni said an episode a l?? The Avatar And The Firelord but with Aang telling the stuff we want to know will suffice.

WWinnieF

[129]May 28, 2010

You forget...though each of the Avatars are a past life of the current, each of those Avatars had their own lives during their own times, which means that--even with Korra appearing--Aang would have to cross into the spirit world, which is essentially heaven for all spirits who've either started as spirits or people who were once human who played a part in the preverbial circle of life. Heck, if Katara hadn't of saved him with the holy spirit water in a specific episode, Aang would've died before season 3, but being that he was the show's star and focus, he had to live to continue the cycle.

Edited on 05/28/2010 7:58pm

edmasterchaos

[130]May 28, 2010
    So? Is Aang dying really an issue? if Korra is an Avatar obviously Aang would die. If not, Aang will die because he's people.

Eman5805

[131]May 30, 2010
    Korra huh? Interesting. Sounds like the next story in Avatar.

But it's either that or an Avatar BEFORE Koruk. Either way, no Gaang, which is a good thing. The Avatar world's too deep to get hung up on just the one story we all came to love.

[132]Jun 1, 2010

Has anyone thought that Korra might not even be a person at all?

edmasterchaos

[133]Jun 1, 2010
    ^DUN DUN DUNNNNN!!

Nah, but, what else could it be?

Eman5805

[134]Jun 1, 2010

Has anyone thought that Korra might not even be a person at all?

*gasp*

That...

...lends itself to nothing. Sorry, but I don't see them naming a show after an animal or some place.

Bunnygirl

[135]Jun 1, 2010
    • level: 10
    Oh, what if Korra's like a place, right? And it's where the avatar's from. After all, this is just a production name, so it's possible that it could change. It's not like Bryke hasn't tricked us before.

edmasterchaos

[136]Jun 1, 2010
    Hmm... Bryke ARE pretty evil true...

gilvatar

[137]Jun 2, 2010
    • level: 17
    It could be a place, like a city. I dunno what might have happened there but it's a possibility

Pablo_808

[138]Jun 2, 2010

Bunnygirl wrote:
    Oh, what if Korra's like a place, right? And it's where the avatar's from. After all, this is just a production name, so it's possible that it could change. It's not like Bryke hasn't tricked us before.

BUNNY?! Bu-hu-hu-hu-hunny?! Bunny!!

Now FINALLYhere's another magnificent appearance by Pablito:

The overbearingly good news of seeing moar Degrassi a week aside, I for one, am glad to see news that more Avatar could be churned out of Bryke's head. No matter what the plot may be or how ridiculous it could possibly get, as long as its related to the original story but not too over the top and gages into my interest, which it most likely will, I'm all good. Besides, this actually gives me something to look forward to on TV(besides Boondocks, Supernatural, Party Down and whatever is on Cinemax @ nite) once I'm finally back home from this dump I'm in.

Ciao fun y'all!!

*leaves sexily*

katrah88

[139]Jun 5, 2010
    • level: 11
    I think you guys are over-analyzing the title of this new series. After all, most of the titles given to the past episodes of Avatar left much to be desired as majority were: vague, obvious, self-explanatory or a combination.

We need more to work with.
    Edited on 06/05/2010 10:24pm

caseyyann

[140]Jun 5, 2010
    • level: 1

OMG i hope so i would soooooo watch it i kinda want it to be about aang and kataras kids and suki and sokkas kids. that would be sooo mad.