We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Avatar: The Legend of Korra News

chicamusica12

[341]Jul 22, 2010
    • level: 13
    I'm sure that the non benders wont necessarily be evil. Shades of gray amirite?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

[342]Jul 22, 2010
    • level: 14
    chicamusica12 wrote:

Ok I'm really sorry that this is off topic, but I LOVE YOUR SPOILER BUTTON. o.O Yesssssssss.

chicamusica12

[343]Jul 22, 2010
    • level: 13
    chicamusica12 wrote:

Ok I'm really sorry that this is off topic, but I LOVE YOUR SPOILER BUTTON. o.O Yesssssssss.

Thanks

DPluver2012

[344]Jul 22, 2010
    • level: 11
    http://www.google.com/trends?q=korra&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all&sort=0

rofl look at what a huge spike korra has had in the past day!!!!! thats freakin sweet

_Flutterlight_

[345]Jul 22, 2010
    • level: 15
    This is kind of random, but do we know if when the Avatar dies if their animal dies with them? I know Roku's dragon did, but that was because of a volcano.

Hypothetically... If Aang died of illness, couldn't Appa still be alive?

And since the Airbenders learned bending from the Sky-bison, couldn't somebody hypothetically revive Airbending through Appa?

Maybe that's how Korra learns Airbending. Tenzin (Aang's son) keeps Appa, and she learns from him?

T7F

[346]Jul 22, 2010
    • level: 7

Willy105 wrote:
    T7F wrote:

shadowysea07 wrote:

well its true isn't it? benders are more of a convenience than anything else. they are always the ones causing wars since their the ones who gain political control (besides the earth king though he might of just not been born a bender like the rest of his family). i mean i wouldn't want them around either if their always the center of conflict. their powers are useful for landscaping and getting rid of polution but the cost is your rights and freedom because you have no way of fighting them.

your going to side with the nonbenders arent you?

Shadowyse is a traitor!
    HIDE THE PIE!!!

JandSman

[347]Jul 22, 2010
    • level: 32
    _Flutterlight_ wrote:
    This is kind of random, but do we know if when the Avatar dies if their animal dies with them? I know Roku's dragon did, but that was because of a volcano.

And since the Airbenders learned bending from the Sky-bison, couldn't somebody hypothetically revive Airbending through Appa?

Maybe that's how Korra learns Airbending. Tenzin (Aang's son) keeps Appa, and she learns from him?
    I doubt Appa will teach Korra how to air bend i think Aang will teach Tenzin how to Air Bend and when he dies Appa may die with him but if he does die then he dies but i don't think Appa will have to big of an effect on the new show unless he had some Bison kids

[348]Jul 22, 2010
    _Flutterlight_ wrote:

It wasn't really confirmed if an Avatar's animal guide dies with his/her owner, so I would say that there could be a possibility that Appa is still alive, though he'd be really old.

Secondly, I highly doubt that Korra would learn from Appa. It wouldn't exactly be interesting to watch and Tenzin, being the Avatar's son, probably is a master airbender. Not to mention that the article states that she learns from him.

Bunnygirl

[349]Jul 22, 2010
    • level: 10
    So what are the odds that they'll be some references to the movie? I can see Korra meeting some person, and them talking about "Ong, the Ovatar." And she'll correct them, "It's Aang, the Avatar, actually."

T7F

[350]Jul 22, 2010

_Flutterlight_ wrote:
    This is kind of random, but do we know if when the Avatar dies if their animal dies with them? I know Roku's dragon did, but that was because of a volcano. Hypothetically... If Aang died of illness, couldn't Appa still be alive? And since the Airbenders learned bending from the Sky-bison, couldn't somebody hypothetically revive Airbending through Appa? Maybe that's how Korra learns Airbending. Tenzin (Aang's son) keeps Appa, and she learns from him?

th interviews specifically state tenzin is her teacher

T7F

[351]Jul 22, 2010

Bunnygirl wrote:
    So what are the odds that they'll be some references to the movie? I can see Korra meeting some person, and them talking about "Ong, the Ovatar." And she'll correct them, "It's Aang, the Avatar, actually."
    slim to nil i dont think they will touch it wlla 10 foot ole

shadowysea07

[352]Jul 22, 2010
    • level: 25
    T7F wrote:

shadowysea07 wrote:

well its true isn't it? benders are more of a convenience than anything else. they are always the ones causing wars since their the ones who gain political control (besides the earth king though he might of just not been born a bender like the rest of his family). i mean i wouldn't want them around either if their always the center of conflict. their powers are useful for landscaping and getting rid of polution but the cost is your rights and freedom because you have no way of fighting them.

no but i see where their coming from and i do think it'd be fair to let the people rule instead of jerks like azula ozai ect. you know a dewmocracy

T7F

[353]Jul 22, 2010

shadowysea07 wrote:
    T7F wrote:

shadowysea07 wrote:

no but i see where their coming from and i do think it'd be fair to let the people rule instead of jerks like azula ozai ect. you know a dewmocracy
    the nomads were good rulers as are the earth kings it is only the fire nation

shadowysea07

[354]Jul 22, 2010
    • level: 25

T7F wrote:

shadowysea07 wrote:
    T7F wrote:

shadowysea07 wrote:

someone here hasn't watched avatar day or any of the season 2 eps for ba sing se :B

Edited on 07/22/2010 1:15pm

T7F

[355]Jul 22, 2010

shadowysea07 wrote:

T7F wrote:

shadowysea07 wrote:
    T7F wrote:

shadowysea07 wrote:

someone here hasn't watched avatar day or any of the season 2 eps for ba sing se :B

there are bound to be some bad officials, but not all of them are some are pretty competent

[356]Jul 22, 2010
    T7F wrote:

shadowysea07 wrote:

T7F wrote:

shadowysea07 wrote:
    T7F wrote:

shadowysea07 wrote:

there are bound to be some bad officials, but not all of them are some are pretty competent

I'd say that some of the Earth Kingdom had bad rule. Look at all the conspiracies with the Dai Li, and of course the Fire Nation is obvious. But the Water Tribes weren't especially great either, more notably the Northern Water Tribe. They generally discriminated against women.

Though, I don't think that the people of Korra's time have enough information on the Air Nomads, and the people of Aang's time didn't either. Instead of the 100 years, it's now been 170 years since the downfall of an entire nation. But if the other 3 nations have their faults, it's safe to assume that the non-benders of Korra's time will think that the airbenders are just as bad.

T7F

[357]Jul 22, 2010

T7F wrote:

shadowysea07 wrote:

T7F wrote:

shadowysea07 wrote:
    T7F wrote:

shadowysea07 wrote:

I'd say that some of the Earth Kingdom had bad rule. Look at all the conspiracies with the Dai Li, and of course the Fire Nation is obvious. But the Water Tribes weren't especially great either, more notably the Northern Water Tribe. They generally discriminated against women.
    Though, I don't think that the people of Korra's time have enough information on the Air Nomads, and the people of Aang's time didn't either. Instead of the 100 years, it's now been 170 years since the downfall of an entire nation. But if the other 3 nations have their faults, it's safe to assume that the non-benders of Korra's time will think that the airbenders are just as bad.

but srsly would you want a ruler that can be overthrown by a bender very easily?

bl0ndi3girl18

[358]Jul 22, 2010
    • level: 9
    Can't wait for this show =]

T7F

[359]Jul 22, 2010

bl0ndi3girl18 wrote:
    Can't wait for this show =]
    me 2

rockon1215

[360]Jul 22, 2010

After finishing the entire series for the 3rd time last night, I was really hoping they would do a spinoff of some kind.

My prayers have been answered. This is awesome