We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

ATLA Live Action Film: ** Gran Gran & Yue Casting** UPDATED 04/05/2009**

Will you see the teaser trailer?

JandSman

[3061]Jun 23, 2010
    • level: 32
    Bunnygirl wrote:
    JandSman wrote:

Another worry i have for this movie is that i heard all the names are going to be pronounced with a Philly Accent.

... You gotta a problem wid Philly accents? We threw snowballs at Santa, don't think I won't throw them at you. You'll have to wait about six months though.
    But, seriously, everything edmasterchaos said.
    i just want them to be pronounced as they are in the show i want as close of a resemablance to the show as they can get.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RafaelTheWeird

[3062]Jun 24, 2010
    • level: 9
    JandSman wrote:
    Bunnygirl wrote:
    JandSman wrote:

Another worry i have for this movie is that i heard all the names are going to be pronounced with a Philly Accent.

... You gotta a problem wid Philly accents? We threw snowballs at Santa, don't think I won't throw them at you. You'll have to wait about six months though.
    But, seriously, everything edmasterchaos said.
    i just want them to be pronounced as they are in the show i want as close of a resemablance to the show as they can get.

agreed with JandSman. no need to get hostile dudes he has good intentions. In my theater classes its constantly brought up that if you want the opportunity to get any role, you shouldnt have an accent. Like say if you had an english accent: if you only ever want english accent speaking roles then keep it strong. but if you want to be able to get a universal role, you should learn to discard your accent so that you can try using others. With avatar, there shouldnt be any really. nothing too heavy anyways. and the names better be normal! .....i mean i guess the worst they could do is pronounce his name ae-nn-jj lmao oh god no

Bunnygirl

[3063]Jun 24, 2010
    • level: 10

RafaelTheWeird wrote:
    JandSman wrote:
    Bunnygirl wrote:
    JandSman wrote:

... You gotta a problem wid Philly accents? We threw snowballs at Santa, don't think I won't throw them at you. You'll have to wait about six months though. But, seriously, everything edmasterchaos said.
    agreed with JandSman. no need to get hostile dudes he has good intentions. In my theater classes its constantly brought up that if you want the opportunity to get any role, you shouldnt have an accent. Like say if you had an english accent: if you only ever want english accent speaking roles then keep it strong. but if you want to be able to get a universal role, you should learn to discard your accent so that you can try using others. With avatar, there shouldnt be any really. nothing too heavy anyways. and the names better be normal! .....i mean i guess the worst they could do is pronounce his name ae-nn-jj lmao oh god no
    Oh, I wasn't being hostile, I was just kidding. But I apologize anyway, JandSman, for pretending to threaten to pelt you with snowballs. Anyway, is it really so bad that they're pronouncing the names differently in the film? Overall, M. Night has tried to stick closely to the original show while also making it a bit more realistic. And, technically, the show was pronuncing the names wrong, or at least, in an Americanized accent to make it easier for kids to say the names. Also, America was pretty much the only country that this. Other countries that dubbed Avatar apparently pronounced the names like they will in the show. Besides, going from the dialogue in the tv spots, I haven't heard any heavy accents. But on the other hand, I haven't heard anyone's name spoken besides Katara and that sounded the same. So, whether it's Eh-ng or Ah-ng, I'm honestly more worried about the movie's quality rather then the pronunciation of some characters' names.

SalKing2

[3064]Jun 24, 2010
    • level: 37

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810071569/video/20510560/

Finally! An actual clip from the actual movie! I think it was pretty epic!

bl0ndi3girl18

[3065]Jun 24, 2010

Dang it! I was just about to post that clip! lol I thought it was awesome! I want moreeee

AllieAllie

[3066]Jun 25, 2010
    • level: 22

Sweet That scene was just how I pictured it to be in the movie. The music was good too ^_^

SalKing2

[3067]Jun 25, 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve8rs_je7bg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEcaWyWdUjg

Two new clips! Frankly, the yelling in both clips is kinda cheesy and weird.... I don't like it....

bl0ndi3girl18

[3068]Jun 25, 2010
    Wayy too much slow motion in the first clip and I agree, didn't care for all the yelling either.

SalKing2

[3069]Jun 25, 2010

I agree. Slow-mo was a bit over-utilized, it looked kind of awkward, and the screams and yells only made it a bit uncomfortable. At least the oasis looks pretty! By the way, has anyone else heard a rumor that the Ocean Spirit is not in the film?

Hopefully I'm not going off-topic, but there seems to be a big problem! Tickets are not available for pre-order where I live at our theater! I don't know why, cause Eclipse's tickets were out in April! April!!!!!! Why haven't they put up The Last Airbender's???!!!! What should I do? I feel so worried....

snowprincess456

[3070]Jun 25, 2010
    • level: 15
    wow..the first clip seemed terrible..and the second one kinda felt too slow for the zuko/katara battle, although the pace could change, it didnt seem up to par to any of the battles seen in the cartoon..

If all of the fight scenes in the movie are just like the clips...i think i may just leave the theater..i doubt they ALL will be...but still, for a series whose focal point is the martial arts...the fighting scenes don't seem to be the movie's strong point...but I suppose we'll see how it is when the movie is out...

less than a week left...

AllieAllie

[3071]Jun 26, 2010
    • level: 22

I don't like the first one either way too much slow-mo. The second ones a little better but not very good either. I like the Oasis but it was still too slow.

snowprincess456

[3072]Jun 26, 2010
    Four days left!!

Bunnygirl

[3073]Jun 27, 2010
    • level: 10

Another sneak peak. Aang sounded awfully wooden to me in this one. Anyone else feeling less optimistic with each sneak peek? I mean, the trailers sort ofhyped me up, which is their job, but the sneak peeks leave much to be desired, IMO.

JandSman

[3074]Jun 27, 2010
    • level: 32
    Bunnygirl wrote:

Another sneak peak. Aang sounded awfully wooden to me in this one. Anyone else feeling less optimistic with each sneak peek? I mean, the trailers sort ofhyped me up, which is their job, but the sneak peeks leave much to be desired, IMO.

that is why i'm avoiding any clips of the actual movie so i can see the full movie then judge it after i have seen everything

bl0ndi3girl18

[3076]Jun 28, 2010

Aww look at Noah! I think he's adorable And I actually liked that clip.

Here's 2 featurettes: Featurette 1

Featurette 2

Edited on 06/28/2010 6:17am

snowprincess456

[3077]Jun 28, 2010
    bl0ndi3girl18 wrote:

Aww look at Noah! I think he's adorable And I actually liked that clip.

Here's 2 featurettes: Featurette 1

Featurette 2

Those featurettes kinda make me a little more excited for the movie than the actual clips from the movie....except in the first one when they keep referring to Night's vision....that scares me a little...

3 days left!

edmasterchaos

[3078]Jun 28, 2010
    • level: 41
    whatever, Blue Spirit's scenes will make the movie, just how it spawned the beard in the show when he showed up

bl0ndi3girl18

[3079]Jun 28, 2010

Have we really been waiting for this movie for 2 years??!! It went by so fast!!!

Edited on 06/28/2010 12:19pm

snowprincess456

[3080]Jun 28, 2010
    when is/was the premiere for this? Because I haven't heard any news from it...