We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Who should cause Courtney's downfall?

Who should defeat Courtney?

lady_god

[181]Nov 19, 2009
    • level: 7
    Brodoin15 wrote:
    alagaesian wrote:
    Brodoin15 wrote:

stalemate666 wrote:
    shishkabob999 wrote:
    stalemate666 wrote:
    lol there goes another one I provided more evidence then any of them lol how retarded all you all, and why am I wrong because of group of idiots say so, sry but it's going to take alot more then a majority which is usually retarded in this world to convince me I'm wrong when I'm obviously right, Harold has done so many bad things and you all just rationalize it away and if Courtney does something kind of bad you make it out like she's hitler and you idiots have the gull to say I'm wrong lol stop being such bias pricks
    I have another idea, everyone. Maybe if we stop feeding her, she'll go away. :B
    idiot can't even guess my gender, funny how you label anyone who doesn't conform to how you think and accept the wrong answer as right a troll

Wow, you've got issues.

I agree. You know, arguing with this guy was already pointless from the beginning, but now he's slowly degrading into an arguer who might be considered worse than Crystal Coconut. It's just not fun anymore. We all know we're right, and he if he wants to keep his clearly-biased view on the whole situation, I say, let him, as long as he doesn't start personally attacking us.

Yeah.

What bugged me the most was that he was not only being biased, and hyprocritical, but also placing completely obvious double-standards. Courtney can hit Duncan because he likes her? Really? Gimme a break.

He was taking things out of context, as well. Such as when some of us said that Courtney isn't pure evil, and even that Harold isn't all pure good, yet he still went on and said things like we think Courtney is Hitler or whatever.

I just wish that if we do need a debate, that it would be with someone respectful, and mature, because it seems like most people like that who are willing to debate topics such as this are on Harold's side.

yes i completely agree. not someone who keeps up bringing up irrelevant facts and calls you out for being biased when they themselves are also biased(to an extremely obvious extent)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pixarprincess

[182]Nov 19, 2009
    • level: 13
    s
    lady_god wrote:
    Brodoin15 wrote:
    alagaesian wrote:
    Brodoin15 wrote:

stalemate666 wrote:
    shishkabob999 wrote:
    stalemate666 wrote:
    lol there goes another one I provided more evidence then any of them lol how retarded all you all, and why am I wrong because of group of idiots say so, sry but it's going to take alot more then a majority which is usually retarded in this world to convince me I'm wrong when I'm obviously right, Harold has done so many bad things and you all just rationalize it away and if Courtney does something kind of bad you make it out like she's hitler and you idiots have the gull to say I'm wrong lol stop being such bias pricks
    I have another idea, everyone. Maybe if we stop feeding her, she'll go away. :B
    idiot can't even guess my gender, funny how you label anyone who doesn't conform to how you think and accept the wrong answer as right a troll

Wow, you've got issues.

I agree. You know, arguing with this guy was already pointless from the beginning, but now he's slowly degrading into an arguer who might be considered worse than Crystal Coconut. It's just not fun anymore. We all know we're right, and he if he wants to keep his clearly-biased view on the whole situation, I say, let him, as long as he doesn't start personally attacking us.

Yeah.

What bugged me the most was that he was not only being biased, and hyprocritical, but also placing completely obvious double-standards. Courtney can hit Duncan because he likes her? Really? Gimme a break.

He was taking things out of context, as well. Such as when some of us said that Courtney isn't pure evil, and even that Harold isn't all pure good, yet he still went on and said things like we think Courtney is Hitler or whatever.

I just wish that if we do need a debate, that it would be with someone respectful, and mature, because it seems like most people like that who are willing to debate topics such as this are on Harold's side.

yes i completely agree. not someone who keeps up bringing up irrelevant facts and calls you out for being biased when they themselves are also biased(to an extremely obvious extent)
    ... Miss me? I'm sorry I hadn't been on the forums lately. My school play has kept me busier than ever, and i haven't been on the internet for days. It was TORTURE!!!

Anyways, leave Stalemate alone. We all have our thoughts and opinions but you don't have to trash talk one another. I know I sound like a goody- goody right now, but if there's anything I hate, It's unfairness and criticism. Which is what a lot of the things I like are getting nowadays.

To get back on subject, I hear Courtney AND Owen get the boot tonight. So you people should be rejoycing that she's finally gone.

HaydenAvery

[183]Nov 19, 2009
    • level: 21
    we are rejoicing. and fyi stalemate was insulting us. i just cant wait for courtney to be crushed!

lady_god

[184]Nov 19, 2009

yea what hayden said

and omg yes!!!!!!!! courtney AND owen went home this episode yaaaay!!!!

imverybasic

[185]Nov 19, 2009
    • level: 16
    Where did you guys see the episode? It wasn't on Teletoon and I couldn't find it on Youtube.

LordGrievous

[186]Nov 19, 2009

imverybasic wrote:
    Where did you guys see the episode? It wasn't on Teletoon and I couldn't find it on Youtube.

It aired on cartoonnetwork in America, it should appear on youtube either tonight or tomorrow.

lady_god

[187]Nov 19, 2009
    imverybasic wrote:
    im assuming you dont live in america because it aired tonight at 9pm eastern on cartoonnetwork. well if you cant find it anywhere then just go to cartoonnetwork dot com on monday since they upload all their newest episodes every monday

4EverGreen

[188]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 44
    Wow, Courtney actually broke up with DUNCAN, not the other way around. Of course, it's no surprise that Duncan voted Courtney off after all the insane demands she made (and she actually expected him to read it, fat chance!) But what's even MORE surprising is that Courtney took the vote off pretty well, all things considering. She certainly wasn't kicking or fighting on the way to the Limo of Losers. She shouted, but that's tame after all the things she put all the other castmates through! Maybe she's FINALLY accepted the fact that she CAN lose a game fair and square, and people don't HAVE to cheat her off in order to lose! Maybe this character development will make Courtney become semi-normal again for "TDM." And I was surprised by Owen, he was actually beginning to LIKE his status as a mischief maker! It seems that the fact that Owen was a mischief maker as a young kid (as seen in the third Aftermath) has come back into play again for "Top Dog!" But I'm glad that Owen was fired (as karmic payback for actually TORTURING the contestants i.e. mostly Duncan because he WANTED to) so that will hopefully make Owen a protagonist again in season 3! And finally, with Courtney gone, I'm pumping my fist for Beth to go all the way! Enough said!

nate4123

[189]Nov 20, 2009
    So we kind of settled it here that Duncan was the person that caused Courtney's Downfall. First off, I would never, NEVER, EVER expected Duncan to vote off his girlfriend. Even if he endured pain when Courtney came back but I would understand what Duncan had to face which probably made him vote off Courtney. Well not they're broken up and Duncan looks more confident to win TDA without any authority holding him back (Courtney). Hope Duncan does well.

imverybasic

[190]Nov 20, 2009
    Well I, for one am disappointed about how this episode turned out. I personally believe that compared to Heather, Courtney has not had enough. Despite being trampled by the sharks and being tossed over Niagra Falls, I didn't find the ending to be much of a turn-out. I believe that Courtney should have more coming to her--just like Heather did-- before the season comes to a close. It's only fair considering on what she put everyone through.

lady_god

[191]Nov 20, 2009
    imverybasic wrote:
    Well I, for one am disappointed about how this episode turned out. I personally believe that compared to Heather, Courtney has not had enough. Despite being trampled by the sharks and being tossed over Niagra Falls, I didn't find the ending to be much of a turn-out. I believe that Courtney should have more coming to her--just like Heather did-- before the season comes to a close. It's only fair considering on what she put everyone through.
    tat ould be ipossble since she was basicly the superwoman ofhis season
    Edited on 11/20/2009 7:17pm

LordGrievous

[192]Nov 20, 2009

imverybasic wrote:

Yeah I agree Courtney didn't get enough punishment plus they need to stop her being such a mary-sue. who somehow has strength like Eva.

imverybasic

[193]Nov 20, 2009
    Yeah, some downfall, huh? With her status as the antagonistic Mary-Sue, I was expecting a little more from her. I thought that for sure she would throw a fit from her elimination, but she took it a lot better than I expected-- than a lot of us expected, that is. The whole 32-page contract thing made this whole pre-escapade with her and Duncan far too predictable for this episode. I also wish that Duncan wasn't so love-struck, so he could have retaliated against her.

HaydenAvery

[194]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 21
    the writers didnt hit courtney down hard enough because somehow she has a lot of fans even after her villainous status in TDA.

LordGrievous

[195]Nov 20, 2009

imverybasic wrote:
    Yeah, some downfall, huh? With her status as the antagonistic Mary-Sue, I was expecting a little more from her. I thought that for sure she would throw a fit from her elimination, but she took it a lot better than I expected-- than a lot of us expected, that is. The whole 32-page contract thing made this whole pre-escapade with her and Duncan far too predictable for this episode. I also wish that Duncan wasn't so love-struck, so he could have retaliated against her.

I think the reason why Duncan didn't retaliate against Courtney is from being tired since he was half awake when he voted. but yeah I wished he had told her off shutting her up.

shishkabob999

[196]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 9
    imverybasic wrote:
    I think just voting her off is more than enough. Heather was focused on vanity, so shaving her head was enough to really get her angry. For Courtney, she's so focused on winning that she doesn't need any other type of "punishment" to cause her to go completely crazy, just being in the Lame-o-sine with Owen should be enough.

Not to mention the hate she'll be getting from the others, the fact that it's over between her and Duncan, how her lawyers will soon be hounding her for money, and the sheer torture of watching her ex-alliance member and closest rival take the money... even I think enough is enough.

n5d25d90

[197]Nov 21, 2009
    • level: 8
    I'm glad the argument had ended. I haven't been on in a little while again and I saw 100 new posts here, and I thought "Oh boy." XD

But yeah, Harold vs. Courtney arguments need to stop, 'cuz they're almost as bad as Ryan Drummond vs. J. Griff arguments, in my opinion. Not QUITE as bad, but almost.

If any good came out of the argument, it gives me a very deep perspective on fandom, though. I've been learning about Philip K. Dick recently, and his question of "What is reality?". Dick had said that it's hard to define since we each have different interpretations of what goes on in our lives, as well as different viewpoints, so we each have different realities.

That being said, can the same be said for canon? Could there be multiple canons because we all have different interpretations of the same show? And what could this mean for certain fanfiction, if they are written to the interpretations of the fanfiction writer? Could these no longer be discredited because of this idea, if canon itself is open for interpretation?

Deep, I know. XD But it's an interesting thought.

shishkabob999

[198]Nov 21, 2009
    • level: 9
    I think where the "what is canon?" comes into play is with relationships. While the only technically "canon" couples are the six pairs that hooked up in TDI, people can see Duncan/Gwen, Noah/Cody, or Bridgette/Ezekiel as canon, since they have different interpretations.

n5d25d90

[199]Nov 21, 2009
    • level: 8
    shishkabob999 wrote:
    I think where the "what is canon?" comes into play is with relationships. While the only technically "canon" couples are the six pairs that hooked up in TDI, people can see Duncan/Gwen, Noah/Cody, or Bridgette/Ezekiel as canon, since they have different interpretations.

Good point, but I think it can also do with interpretations of the characters too. Whether it involves opinion OR whether or not someone is right or wrong, there's always going to be two opposing viewpoints of a certain character, as we have seen. In that right, there are two different canons being played through both person's minds.

kittiekat10105

[200]Nov 21, 2009
    • level: 18

imverybasic wrote:

Well she also lost her PDA, but I get what you're saying. I was hoping something a little worse would happen to her, and I'm a FAN!