We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Total Drama Musical Characters Revealed. I'm Not Kidding.

somewierdkid

[121]Oct 5, 2009
    • level: 5
    switched up for TD4, i mean.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

imverybasic

[122]Oct 5, 2009
    • level: 16

BomberFman34 wrote:
    Did i completely miss where it says the new girl's name is Kathie? I'm at a total loss here... Where'd everyone see this?

The very first post is provied with the link. Just click on that link and you'll find out what you need to know.

I was also thrown by that, since her name wasn't mentioned in the trailer.

BomberFman34

[123]Oct 6, 2009
    I've seen the trailer and everything... Just wanna know where it says Kathie's name.

imverybasic

[124]Oct 7, 2009
    • level: 16
    That, I have no clue about. Her name will probably be mentioned a few times in the show.

KarmaGoddess11

[125]Oct 7, 2009
    • level: 2

somewierdkid wrote:
    yeah...how about the TDM cast be switched up. like instead of only 2 newbies, it's just 2 veterans and the rest are newbies (plus Kathie and Alan.)

I watch the show for the characters I know and love, and there's still plenty that hasn't been explored about those characters. For example, if you read Eva's bio on CN's TDI site, it's promising and hints that the character could contribute more than has currently been given to her. She emigrated from Eastern Europe when she was 7, faced down the kids who tried to bully her when she first arrived in Canada, holds kickboxing records, works as a stuntwoman, hates cheaters more than anything, and according to her coach has real leadership skills hidden under her temper. But in 3 seasons (since we already know she's not competing in TDM) she's never gotten more than a few lines, and only her temper has received much focus. Only having 2 veterans return for the fourth season would pretty much guarantee I'd never get a chance to see her participate in an actual season, because you know it'd be the two faces they figure are best for grabbing ratings. We all have lots of favorites at this point, whom we want to see.

There's also a certain limit to how many teen stereotypes the creators have to choose from. All schools have their bullies, their nerds, their popular kids, etc. It's one thing to see them reimagined from one teen movie to the next, but when it comes to having all the old characters replaced with new characters inside a tv series where they have ongoing stories and relationships... it's not the same. There's that feeling of being ripped off that viewers who are invested in the established characters inevitably feel. I'd probably end up comparing whatever new party guy they came up with to Geoff, the new surfer to Bridget, the new nerd to Harold, etc. I'd rather they stopped at three Total Dramas than created another series with new characters, whom I would dislike from the beginning for displacing the characters I really want to see. It'd be like turning on 6teen to find nothing but new versions of Jonesy, Wyatt, Jen, Caitlin, Jude, and Nikki.

None of these characters has run out of story anyhow. The only way that the writers of the series could end up with that problem is by never developing the characters and only relying on one or two traits and gags forever. While TDI/A sometimes runs dangerously close to doing that, it seems to recognize the danger and push the characters before passing the point of no return. Cowardly, DJ stood up to Chef to get out of his alliance, Trent changed drastically and now has quite a lot of story potential without being focused strictly on Gwen, Geoff and Bridgette have thankfully stopped making out, Geoff's fame is going to his head so he's no longer the nice guy, LeShawna fell from grace by backstabbing her friends, etc... Lots of the characters show unexpected changes that shake things up already. Adding a couple new characters is okay, because that can also trigger changes in the established characters that allow us to explore other sides to them. With mostly all new characters, it might as well be a an entirely different series.

The_Cartoon

[126]Oct 7, 2009
    • level: 20
    BomberFman34 wrote:
    I've seen the trailer and everything... Just wanna know where it says Kathie's name.

That's what I'm confused about too. Everyone keeps saying it but I have yet to find a source.

DC-Dude

[127]Oct 8, 2009
    • level: 26

I predict that one of Peter Oldring's characters will go early, and I predict Tyler.

It's hard to voice so many characters and make seperate singing voices for all of them.

PinkEmo01

[128]Oct 9, 2009
    • level: 8
    DC-Dude wrote:

I predict that one of Peter Oldring's characters will go early, and I predict Tyler.

It's hard to voice so many characters and make seperate singing voices for all of them.

No wait
    Ezekiel...

alagaesian

[129]Oct 9, 2009
    • level: 12
    Yeah, it is kind of hard to imagine Ezekiel singing. The accent already makes it kind of hard, but his voicing is just...weird. It sounds like Zeke has no control over his pitch.

Maybe that's a reason why he'd get eliminated early? The other campers just can't stand his horrible singing?

shishkabob999

[130]Oct 9, 2009
    • level: 9
    Well the only ones who we've heard singing before are Cody (audition tape), and sort of Leshawna (her cheer), and we didn't hear anyone singing in the trailer. But it'd be interesting if they had someone truly awful, since most of the singing seems to be done in groups or teams.

alagaesian

[131]Oct 9, 2009
    • level: 12
    Beth, Lindsay, Courtney, and Justin also sang a bit in the cheer.

As far as I can hear, Justin's VA can actually sing him pretty well. But, Beth's VA makes me want to claw my ears off. A reason why she isn't in season three, maybe?

shishkabob999

[132]Oct 9, 2009
    • level: 9
    alagaesian wrote:
    Beth, Lindsay, Courtney, and Justin also sang a bit in the cheer.

As far as I can hear, Justin's VA can actually sing him pretty well. But, Beth's VA makes me want to claw my ears off. A reason why she isn't in season three, maybe?

That might be another reason, besides the fact that she's probably Final Two. Really, I just can't wait to see what they sound like singing.

facebookfan

[133]Oct 9, 2009
    • level: 7
    PinkEmo01 wrote:
    DC-Dude wrote:

No wait
    Ezekiel...

i doubt Ezekiel will go early, especially since he needs more character development. same with Tyler and Cody. i like them all. but we'll have to see when season 3 starts.

HaydenAvery

[134]Oct 10, 2009
    • level: 21
    i dont doubt it at all. running gag much? besides we know his character welll enough. a homeschooled sexist who doesnt know much about the real world.

facebookfan

[135]Oct 10, 2009
    KarmaGoddess11 wrote:

somewierdkid wrote:
    yeah...how about the TDM cast be switched up. like instead of only 2 newbies, it's just 2 veterans and the rest are newbies (plus Kathie and Alan.)

I watch the show for the characters I know and love, and there's still plenty that hasn't been explored about those characters. For example, if you read Eva's bio on CN's TDI site, it's promising and hints that the character could contribute more than has currently been given to her. She emigrated from Eastern Europe when she was 7, faced down the kids who tried to bully her when she first arrived in Canada, holds kickboxing records, works as a stuntwoman, hates cheaters more than anything, and according to her coach has real leadership skills hidden under her temper. But in 3 seasons (since we already know she's not competing in TDM) she's never gotten more than a few lines, and only her temper has received much focus. Only having 2 veterans return for the fourth season would pretty much guarantee I'd never get a chance to see her participate in an actual season, because you know it'd be the two faces they figure are best for grabbing ratings. We all have lots of favorites at this point, whom we want to see.

There's also a certain limit to how many teen stereotypes the creators have to choose from. All schools have their bullies, their nerds, their popular kids, etc. It's one thing to see them reimagined from one teen movie to the next, but when it comes to having all the old characters replaced with new characters inside a tv series where they have ongoing stories and relationships... it's not the same. There's that feeling of being ripped off that viewers who are invested in the established characters inevitably feel. I'd probably end up comparing whatever new party guy they came up with to Geoff, the new surfer to Bridget, the new nerd to Harold, etc. I'd rather they stopped at three Total Dramas than created another series with new characters, whom I would dislike from the beginning for displacing the characters I really want to see. It'd be like turning on 6teen to find nothing but new versions of Jonesy, Wyatt, Jen, Caitlin, Jude, and Nikki.

None of these characters has run out of story anyhow. The only way that the writers of the series could end up with that problem is by never developing the characters and only relying on one or two traits and gags forever. While TDI/A sometimes runs dangerously close to doing that, it seems to recognize the danger and push the characters before passing the point of no return. Cowardly, DJ stood up to Chef to get out of his alliance, Trent changed drastically and now has quite a lot of story potential without being focused strictly on Gwen, Geoff and Bridgette have thankfully stopped making out, Geoff's fame is going to his head so he's no longer the nice guy, LeShawna fell from grace by backstabbing her friends, etc... Lots of the characters show unexpected changes that shake things up already. Adding a couple new characters is okay, because that can also trigger changes in the established characters that allow us to explore other sides to them. With mostly all new characters, it might as well be a an entirely different series.

the preview trailer for TDM does show Eva. so maybe it'll be like Courtney and she doesn't appear until a few episodes into the season.

facebookfan

[136]Oct 10, 2009
    HaydenAvery wrote:
    i dont doubt it at all. running gag much? besides we know his character welll enough. a homeschooled sexist who doesnt know much about the real world.

well, we don't as much about him as the other characters.... besides, he's been in the real world for quite some time now, and he lost his sexism as shown in "After the Dock of Shame" (he was funny in that episode). i hope they give him more good lines and ACTUAL screen time in season 3.

Riankg

[137]Oct 10, 2009
    • level: 6
    I dont care if he will be eliminated soon..i dont like him very much so..bye Ezekiel.

I'm almost sure Eva wont return ..she will make guest apperances but she wont be a contestant.

n5d25d90

[138]Oct 10, 2009
    • level: 8
    HaydenAvery wrote:

Meh. I find it ironic that he was kicked off first because he was sexist when there were actually quite a few sexist comments by other characters made on the show (and no one seemed to bat an eye at 'em).

HaydenAvery

[139]Oct 10, 2009
    • level: 21
    well at playa de losers he was trying to be hip and in TDDDI he helped lindsay and beth which showed lots of improvement from him.

BomberFman34

[140]Oct 11, 2009
    DC-Dude wrote:

Who says there all gonna have the same VA again. I doubt Oldring will be free enough to voice all three of em...