We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Total Drama Musical Characters Revealed. I'm Not Kidding.

n5d25d90

[141]Oct 11, 2009
    • level: 8
    BomberFman34 wrote:
    DC-Dude wrote:

I predict that one of Peter Oldring's characters will go early, and I predict Tyler.

It's hard to voice so many characters and make seperate singing voices for all of them.

Who says there all gonna have the same VA again. I doubt Oldring will be free enough to voice all three of em...

You never know. He's done it before. But that's not saying it's not hard to do--I don't doubt that voicing three different characters with three unique voices is hard. But when you look at actors, like Seth MacFarlane or Mike Judge for example, who have been rather successful with portraying multiple characters constantly in the same show, I won't doubt that Peter Oldring could do the same too.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

imverybasic

[142]Oct 11, 2009
    • level: 16
    Depends how talented he is. I'm not denying his talent, but the only way that we know whether he could pull such a task off is simply to watch and find out. The possibility of having all of Peter Oldring's characters voted off early in the season is anybody's guess. Then again, he could be successful.

shishkabob999

[143]Oct 11, 2009
    • level: 9
    I sincerely doubt that. Cody has Kathie, possibly Gwen, plus he's on a team full of strong players (Heather, Gwen, Courtney) that look like they get along well enough to win team challenges. And the people that write the show know that if Ezekiel went off first again, the fans would all go completely insane. Not sure about Tyler, though, because of the Lindsay/Alejandro thing.

Really, what's the point of taking out three of TDI's most popular guys (Geoff, Trent, Duncan) and bringing the newbies back, if you eliminate them right away?

n5d25d90

[144]Oct 11, 2009
    shishkabob999 wrote:
    I sincerely doubt that. Cody has Kathie, possibly Gwen, plus he's on a team full of strong players (Heather, Gwen, Courtney) that look like they get along well enough to win team challenges. And the people that write the show know that if Ezekiel went off first again, the fans would all go completely insane. Not sure about Tyler, though, because of the Lindsay/Alejandro thing.

Really, what's the point of taking out three of TDI's most popular guys (Geoff, Trent, Duncan) and bringing the newbies back, if you eliminate them right away?

No point at all, really.

So if they do take out the "newbies" right away, it's pretty much just a giant pixelated middle finger to just about everyone: specifically the fans of the popular guys and the fans of the "newbies."

shishkabob999

[145]Oct 11, 2009
    n5d25d90 wrote:
    So if they do take out the "newbies" right away, it's pretty much just a giant pixelated middle finger to just about everyone: specifically the fans of the popular guys and the fans of the "newbies."

I want to be a little optimistic and say that the people in charge know what they're doing - after all, Noah, Cody, and Ezekiel probably have just as many fans as the three popular guys. Although I know some people are already counting Zeke out because of the trailer.

n5d25d90

[146]Oct 11, 2009
    shishkabob999 wrote:
    n5d25d90 wrote:

I want to be a little optimistic and say that the people in charge know what they're doing - after all, Noah, Cody, and Ezekiel probably have just as many fans as the three popular guys. Although I know some people are already counting Zeke out because of the trailer.

I understand that. Um... I don't know how Flash works--I've never used it--but does it work in layers? If it does, maybe they made some visible and others not to make it look like certain characters weren't in it or others were? And if it doesn't work like that, then ignore this.

And even if that's not the case, I've also heard rumors that it might be a beta trailer, so as not to reveal everything right away.

shishkabob999

[147]Oct 11, 2009
    n5d25d90 wrote:
    I understand that. Um... I don't know how Flash works--I've never used it--but does it work in layers? If it does, maybe they made some visible and others not to make it look like certain characters weren't in it or others were? And if it doesn't work like that, then ignore this. And even if that's not the case, I've also heard rumors that it might be a beta trailer, so as not to reveal everything right away.
    That'd be interesting. I was thinking that because of all the skepticism on the Wikia about confirming anything, that it might be a fake trailer, a red herring.

And I think that someone said that Harold wasn't seen in a lot of the TDA trailer because he was always just standing behind someone at that moment - although I don't think that's the trick here, it's not hard to make fake shots (like the falling in a circle) or have him stand behind Owen.

facebookfan

[148]Oct 11, 2009
    • level: 7
    n5d25d90 wrote:
    BomberFman34 wrote:
    DC-Dude wrote:

I predict that one of Peter Oldring's characters will go early, and I predict Tyler.

It's hard to voice so many characters and make seperate singing voices for all of them.

Who says there all gonna have the same VA again. I doubt Oldring will be free enough to voice all three of em...

You never know. He's done it before. But that's not saying it's not hard to do--I don't doubt that voicing three different characters with three unique voices is hard. But when you look at actors, like Seth MacFarlane or Mike Judge for example, who have been rather successful with portraying multiple characters constantly in the same show, I won't doubt that Peter Oldring could do the same too.

good points . besides, his characters (along with Noah) haven't been seen/used much in the first 2 seasons, so they would need the character development (though they're all good characters, imo).

facebookfan

[149]Oct 11, 2009
    • level: 7
    HaydenAvery wrote:
    well at playa de losers he was trying to be hip and in TDDDI he helped lindsay and beth which showed lots of improvement from him.

yeah. but i can't see Heather, Owen, Duncan and Gwen (who got a lot of screen time in both seasons, especially Duncan) be the main characters again. Zeke and the other non-TDA but TDI characters as well as the 2 new characters are gonna be important in this season, i can tell. probably the main characters this season.

DC-Dude

[150]Oct 12, 2009
    • level: 26

^Actually, Gwen didn't have a lot of screen time in Season 2. The most of her situations were between Trent and Duncan. That's why I think that Gwen could make it to the final 7.

The_Cartoon

[151]Oct 12, 2009
    • level: 20
    Scene by Scene Breakdown:

Every plausible contestant except Duncan is shown on the passports. I counted 19 because some of the passports appear twice due to them being stacked up it looks like.
    Kathie, or whoever she is (I still don't believe that is her name) seems a little crazy. Not Izzy crazy, but fangirl crazy. That's someone that hasn't been portrayed on the Total Drama Series before. She does seem kind of annoying though.
    It looks like the only scene where all of the contestants appear is the introduction. It is odd that this is the only scene that Duncan appears in. Maybe he walks out early because he isn't willing to sing. I don't know.
    All the locations shown look great, I can't wait for that.
    Kathie seems to have a crush Cody.
    Noah gets sat on by Owen and he is the one of the smallest ones there. Ouch.
    Looks like Heather, Gwen, and Courtney have an alliance. And Bridgette has her tongue stuck to a pole and they don't seem to be about to do anything about it.
    Wait, that is Duncan! He's pulling Gwen and Courntey down the pyramid on ropes. The two girls that he had such a big plot with, can't wait to see that.
    All of the girls look miserable singing except for Izzy and Courtney. Gwen isn't there.
    All of the guys look miserable singing. Duncan and Ezekiel aren't there.
    Owen is dancing in a bug suit while Izzy, Noah, Tyler, and Alejandro are smiling. Wait, Noah is singing and smiling? At the same time? Heather looks like she's about to barf.
    Bridgette still has her tongue stuck to a pole.
    Izzy is on top of Ezekiel, they might have some sort of relationship, probably not a romantic one though unless Owen and Izzy break up.
    Looks like Chef will be doing even crazier things this season if that's possible.
    Kathie (?) just through a flour covered Cody through the air. I wonder if he rejected her.
    Tyler and Izzy are standing by what looks like some radioactive stuff. And Izzy is doing acrobats on them. Alejandro is blowing a kiss, looks like he'll be manipulating the girls.
    Owen just got stuck in the Statue of Liberty's nose.
    There's a scene with everyone except for Duncan. And Chris is still in mid-explanation. So I doubt that Duncan would already be gone from there.
    Harold, LeShawna, Bridgette, DJ, Lindsay, and Ezekiel look to be on a team and Chris gives them barf bags as marshmallows/trophies. Everyone gets one except Zeke and DJ. I really hope that this is just a demonstration because I don't want either of them to leave.
    Everyone is in this scene where they drop except for Duncan, Zeke, Bridgette, and Harold. I'm pretty sure that doesn't mean anything since so many characters are absent.
    Drop of shame? Only Chris, Alejandro looks pretty nervous in what looks like the new confessional. (Bathroom stall) I wonder what's going on there.
    Izzy comes out of the wall and LeShawna and DJ are dancing.
    Lindsay and Alejandro are Pyramid Surfing. Lindsay is good at that sort of thing.
    Kathie (?) hugged Cody and Bridgette is smiling. Maybe he apologized for rejecting her.
    Lindsay and Bridgette like Alejandro. But I have no idea if either of them are single at this point or not.
    And he will be the villain. LeShawna even says he's evil. She could leave early for challenging him.
    Owen, Izzy, Tyler, Noah, and Alejandro are together on a boat in the sewers. I hope that isn't one team because I don't want any of them to leave early.
    Heather, Cody, and Kathie (?) are running from a mummy. A lot of Egyptian scenes in this trailer.
    Cody ran into a camel, Justin and Trent are performing in a band with Sasquatchinakwa, and the HCG alliance again.
    Owen just came out of his airline seat.
    Alejandro taking off his shirt, seems like a clone of Justin. Maybe they're related.
    I think Eva's being interviewed in Scotland, that explains the microphone.
    Lindsay and Bridgette might be friends this season, and the camel just sat on Chef. Owen's underwear just came off and Harold got punched by a squirrel.
    HCG alliance, Cody, and Kathie (?) are snowboarding together. Maybe a team.
    Everyone is in the falling scene but Duncan and Zeke.
    Heather may be a villain again judging by that last confessional.

I'll add a character count soon.

shishkabob999

[152]Oct 12, 2009

The_Cartoon wrote:
    Not Izzy crazy, but fangirl crazy. That's someone that hasn't been portrayed on the Total Drama Series before. She does seem kind of annoying though.
    I know! I was thinking, would they bring up some of the fandom elements, like the weird pairings?

The_Cartoon wrote:
    Looks like Heather, Gwen, and Courtney have an alliance.
    Isn't that surreal? Might be just me, but these three girls would NEVER get along.

The_Cartoon wrote:
    Owen is dancing in a bug suit while Izzy, Noah, Tyler, and Alejandro are smiling. Wait, Noah is singing and smiling? At the same time?
    That's exactly what I thought! xD Again, it's so surreal... can you imagine him actually doing stuff, being a team player, freaking singing?

The_Cartoon wrote:
    Alejandro is blowing a kiss, looks like he'll be manipulating the girls.
    Go Alejandro, he'd better be more manipulative than Justin.

The_Cartoon wrote:
    Lindsay and Alejandro are Pyramid Surfing. Lindsay is good at that sort of thing.
    Man, that'd be so great if Lindsay became a physical threat.

The_Cartoon wrote:
    And he will be the villain. LeShawna even says he's evil. She could leave early for challenging him.
    Doubt that; if she didn't know he was evil until she was in the parachute, she might not have challenged him, only figuring out his motives when she was voted out.

The_Cartoon wrote:
    Owen, Izzy, Tyler, Noah, and Alejandro are together on a boat in the sewers. I hope that isn't one team because I don't want any of them to leave early.
    Amen! But I can see them dominating the challenges. In that scsene, Alejandro is driving, so they might trust him and work together. Plus, they have Izzy!

The_Cartoon wrote:
    Owen just came out of his airline seat.
    Think that means he's out early?

n5d25d90

[153]Oct 13, 2009
    Hey, some of those weird pairings are rather interesting.

Heather, Gwen, and Courtney in an alliance... Well, Leshawna and Heather apparently became friends as of recent events, so who knows?

And you never know about Lindsay either. She has surprised me a few times before, and she can probably do it again.

pixarprincess

[154]Oct 13, 2009
    • level: 13

The_Cartoon wrote:
    Scene by Scene Breakdown: Looks like Heather, Gwen, and Courtney have an alliance. And Bridgette has her tongue stuck to a pole and they don't seem to be about to do anything about it.
    Well, they could all be on the same team. You never know.

Plus, I don't think all three girls would actually be in a alliance. They all have issues with each other. Gwen and Courtney, maybe, if the whole "Duncan" thing works out, or Heather and Courtney, but GWEN and HEATHER!? She may have called peace with Leshawna, but her and Gwen working together may be the last thing either one of them would want to do.

LordGrievous

[155]Oct 13, 2009
    pixarprincess wrote:

The_Cartoon wrote:
    Scene by Scene Breakdown: Looks like Heather, Gwen, and Courtney have an alliance. And Bridgette has her tongue stuck to a pole and they don't seem to be about to do anything about it.

Plus, I don't think all three girls would actually be in a alliance. They all have issues with each other. Gwen and Courtney, maybe, if the whole "Duncan" thing works out, or Heather and Courtney, but GWEN and HEATHER!? She may have called peace with Leshawna, but her and Gwen working together may be the last thing either one of them would want to do.

Gwen and Heather were kind of friendly after the last challenge when Chris got dunked, so it's possible for them to no longer be enemies.

n5d25d90

[156]Oct 13, 2009
    LordGrievous wrote:
    pixarprincess wrote:

The_Cartoon wrote:

Gwen and Heather were kind of friendly after the last challenge when Chris got dunked, so it's possible for them to no longer be enemies.

Plus, though it could also be simply because they had to to win, they worked together pretty well when it was them vs. Duncan and Owen.

PintheDog

[157]Oct 13, 2009
    • level: 29
    The new girl is apparently named Sierra instead of Kathie. Sounds like a very pretty name.

alagaesian

[158]Oct 14, 2009
    • level: 12
    Little known fact: the music that plays during the first part of the trailer is the same music that plays while Harold goes through the super-hero race.

I was just rewatching Super Hero-ld and I noticed that.

pixarprincess

[159]Oct 14, 2009
    Where does it say the new girls name?