We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Season 2 Discussion thread....SPOILERS allowed here.

nyfan

[161]Jan 20, 2009
    • level: 20
    I do think Justin is the new villain, but I think his role is not going to be as important as Heather's role in season 1. Heather's schemes was the top plot line besides the competition itself in season 1. I think the love drama around Trent, Gwen, Duncan, and whoever else is the top non competition plot line of the season, while Justin and his scheme is secondary.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Vesren

[162]Jan 21, 2009
    • level: 9
    BomberFman34 wrote:
    Just spitballing an idea here but do guys think that Chef and DJ will form a friendship and or cooking master/apprentice relationship. From what little info I've seen from the theme song, that scene with the eggs in episode 2, and what info im hearing from the episode 3 preview, this seems to be likely.

That's what I though when I saw it.

operationhurt

[163]Jan 21, 2009
    • level: 7
    ok, i dont know if anyone has written this yet, but on the trailer for episode 3, the teams are shown!

the video is called "TDA 203 Trailer" on youtube. pause at 0:03 seconds into the video and it shows:

TRENT'S TEAM: trent, lindsay, beth, leshawna, izzy, and heather.

GWEN'S TEAM: gwen, dj, owen, duncan, justin, and harold.

gwen chose all boys? trent chose all girls?

Irfantastic

[164]Jan 21, 2009
    • level: 5
    I finally saw the trailer, I agree about the DJ and Chef thing, it's kinda obvious from the opening. Plus, we need more DJness...

Laughing at the Duncan makeup lol

Haroldrules2000

[165]Jan 21, 2009
    • level: 6
    maybe DJ gets voted off but chef keeps him on as a chef in training

nyfan

[166]Jan 21, 2009
    • level: 20

DJ as Chef's apprentice, it gives what I have asked for, some character development for this guy. Though I loved his role in this episode as the tooken black guy that gets killed. Remember in season 1, Gwen said the loveable jock always gets it in horror movie. They suger coated what was true, really is the lovable black jock that always gets it.

Speaking of DJ, you know Geoff and Bridgette were really getting on everyone's nerves, when DJ voted them off, DJ and Geoff were close friends in season 1, so if even you close friends find your behavior annoying, that is a a sign of everyone being annoyed at you.

hypergirl20

[167]Jan 22, 2009
    I just saw Riot on Set! And I was right who was getting voted off! Trents team lost and...granny E-scope was sent home.

mikey7199

[168]Jan 22, 2009
    escope was sent home i wish someone would post episode 3 on youtube

MisterVoid

[169]Jan 22, 2009
    • level: 15

operationhurt wrote:
    ok, i dont know if anyone has written this yet, but on the trailer for episode 3, the teams are shown! the video is called "TDA 203 Trailer" on youtube. pause at 0:03 seconds into the video and it shows: TRENT'S TEAM: trent, lindsay, beth, leshawna, izzy, and heather. GWEN'S TEAM: gwen, dj, owen, duncan, justin, and harold. gwen chose all boys? trent chose all girls?

I saw that trailer before on TV, but didn't record it, I should've known someone would YouTube it. Anyway, later parts of the trailer show different teams, at position 0:25 it shows Trent's team as Beth, Izzy, Justin, Lindsay, Owen, and Trent.

zeroflamecutter

[170]Jan 22, 2009
    • level: 2
    Did Courtney come back yet? Probably not, because you would probably had said something about it. Anyway, Izzy really got voted off? I knew that she wouls get voted off fairy quickly, but not that quick. I dont really mind though. Not to say that I hated Izzy, but them stressing how crazy she is was getting kinda old.

Irfantastic

[171]Jan 22, 2009
    UGH I was going to promise myself, don't look at any spoilers, wait till Monday or Tuesday. :l
    man

so now that I know, can you post a description ?

hypergirl20

[172]Jan 22, 2009

to operationhurt; yea, those were not the teams,Chris lined them up that way just before they picked teams. It was boy, girl, boy, girl.

I know there was alot of speculation that Courtney would come back this episode, but it is FALSE. She's not back yet, I'm still guessing that she will come either in the fifth or sixth episode.

Haha, I'd post a giant description like I did for last episode but I'm probably not going to watch it again until tonight.

Edited on 01/22/2009 12:23pm

BomberFman34

[173]Jan 22, 2009
    If I may ask, what were the teams and their team names/symbols???

Cherrybubblegum

[175]Jan 22, 2009

The Killer Grips: Trent, Lindsay, Justin, Beth, Owen, Izzy

The Screaming Gaffers /i'm not sure on that/: Gwen, Duncan, Leshawna, DJ, Heather, Harold. [Leshawna wanted Heather because of that whole keep your enemies closer thing]

The teams were picked girl, boy, girl ,boy so that's why Gwen picked Duncan before Leshawna.

Izzy was eliminated because Duncan did a better performance that made Chef cry. Oh, and Izzy's scottish. Chef tried to make DJ man up in exchange for half of his prize money. Apparently Duncan has a pictue of Courtney under his pillow. The only thing CN could really edit is when Gwen called Duncan "Hot, Sexy & Studly" because Heather teased him and called him a pretty boy and he got mad. A whole bunch of Duncan/Gwen moments[like her falling and Duncan catching her then Trent trips and Lindsay helps him up]. Lindsay kept on wishing Tyler was there. Owen's pants fell. Harold's taking up jousting and being nice to Heather [and always calling her milady]. Gwen and Trent reconciled and the bottom three were: Lindsay, Justin, and Izzy.

hypergirl20

[176]Jan 22, 2009
    I think it was Gappers...but I can't be sure.

Irfantastic

[177]Jan 22, 2009
    So now I'm thinking, Chef told DJ: "well your team won right?"
    so what if he was fake crying just to get DJ to join in ?

DeathVelvien

[178]Jan 22, 2009
    • level: 4

I'm pretty sure it was the Screaming Gaffers. According to dictionary.com, a gaffer is "the chief electrician on a motion-picture or television production", fitting in with TDA's movie theme.

And I kinda wish that Gwen and Trent hadn't reconciled so quickly.

Haroldrules2000

[179]Jan 22, 2009
    with Izzy gone I think Owen is next

hypergirl20

[180]Jan 22, 2009
    Ok, Gaffers makes sense then! And I agree about the Trent/Gwen thing. It's not over yet though; in the next episode Trent is going to start acting paranoid in his attempts to stay on Gwen's good side, so at least there is still going to be something. Although I'm actually still hoping for some more Trent/Gwen/Duncan(/Courtney when she comes) but I'm starting to doubt it...

It didn't seem like he was fake crying, but it is a possibility, I guess.

Unless no one is voted out in the next one, Owen isn't getting voted off next, per se. He could always be the next Grip to be voted off if the western episode is the fifth episode. He was trying to ride a horse in one the trailers, so yea, he could be getting voted out then. According to the summary, it looks like the Grips win next episode because of Beth's obcession with making friendship bracelets (that are useful in building sandcastles)...even though the only camper I didn't see in the western clips is Justin...who is a Grip. So, um, I'm sure that either no one is getting voted off, or it's a Gaffer (which would not make sense from the trailers.. and...)

I'm just going to wait for the preview after the episode premiers on television before I make a guess on who's getting the boot in the beach episode.