We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

SpongeBob SquarePants Forums

Weekdays 5:00 PM on NickelodeonIn Season

When will spongebob end?

When do you think?

thecrad15

[1]May 23, 2010
    • level: 11

Maybe will have 10 seasons and will end on 2014. The reason why 2013 is the nearest possible date is because:

Season 8: 2010-2012

Season 9: 2011-2013

Season 6 kinda broke the pattern, though.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Boolia

[2]May 23, 2010
    • level: 23
    Who knows. It was suppose to end in '04, but nope; it's still on! Maybe it'll last 14 years like the Rugrats or 20 like the Simpsons are now, IDK.

stui8

[3]May 23, 2010
    • level: 30

well i think the creators keeping running out of ideas. i rarly hear spongbob advietised on nick anymore it been that way for a couple of years and come on. it's been 11 years and it's only on season 7? it was kinda good in the begining but now it just boring and obvious they are running out of ideas!

superfive9

[4]May 23, 2010
    • level: 4

my guess before 2014, but yeah it could be like the simpsons and go on for a long time but I don't see it going past 2017

SpongeSebastian

[5]May 23, 2010
    • level: 41
    This is like, what the fifth active thread talking about this?
    Well, before season 7, I probably would've wanted the show to end sooner, but they've made a remarkable comeback in the recent episodes. Also, with Nickelodeon still keeping the whole franchise as alive as it's been in the past, I think the show will make it to at least 2015.

thecrad15

[6]May 24, 2010
    SpongeSebastian wrote:
    This is like, what the fifth active thread talking about this?
    Well, before season 7, I probably would've wanted the show to end sooner, but they've made a remarkable comeback in the recent episodes. Also, with Nickelodeon still keeping the whole franchise as alive as it's been in the past, I think the show will make it to at least 2015.

2015 will make 11 seasons of SpongeBob.

Dumb_Dog_19

[7]May 25, 2010
    • level: 15

I say 2015. Idk. Especially with the ratings all over the place. The show went from excellent to horrible to okay to great.

RugratsFan1990

[8]May 26, 2010
    • level: 3

I hope to god they end this show soon. I loved it during the first three seasons but now I'm sick of it. I wish Nickelodeon would just shut it off the air already.

thecrad15

[9]May 27, 2010
    RugratsFan1990 wrote:

I hope to god they end this show soon. I loved it during the first three seasons but now I'm sick of it. I wish Nickelodeon would just shut it off the air already.

Sorry, but the chances of this show ending soon is zero, because there is still season 8 & 9.

SpongeSebastian

[10]May 27, 2010
    thecrad15 wrote:
    RugratsFan1990 wrote:

Sorry, but the chances of this show ending soon is zero, because there is still season 8 & 9.
    Yeah, SpongeBob is still making waves in the ratings, so I don't think they could afford to cancel it.

SpongeBobsBFF

[11]May 30, 2010
    • level: 5
    I think it will last till 2015

hp1145

[12]May 30, 2010
    • level: 10

Hopefully soon not that I care. I just believe that the show pretty much hurt itself after its third season. Any episode after the third season with the exception of maybe a couple are either mediocre or just horrible episodes. Season one was average but did not have many below average and just horrible episodes that the newer seasons have. The second and third seasons mostly had good to great episodes with their share of bad to mediocre but not too much. The show should just be canceled and that is it. I do wish Nick would actually use its third channel to play only good classic shows. I was tired of flipping through stations to check the guide on the channel to find out horrible shows that could not make it on the first Nick channel appeared there. Also only the first three seasons of the show should be on the station, but that won't happen.

thecrad15

[13]May 31, 2010

hp1145 wrote:

Hopefully soon not that I care. I just believe that the show pretty much hurt itself after its third season. Any episode after the third season with the exception of maybe a couple are either mediocre or just horrible episodes. Season one was average but did not have many below average and just horrible episodes that the newer seasons have. The second and third seasons mostly had good to great episodes with their share of bad to mediocre but not too much. The show should just be canceled and that is it. I do wish Nick would actually use its third channel to play only good classic shows. I was tired of flipping through stations to check the guide on the channel to find out horrible shows that could not make it on the first Nick channel appeared there. Also only the first three seasons of the show should be on the station, but that won't happen.

Sorry, but the chances of this show ending soon is zero, because there is still season 8 & 9. Wow, this is the second time i'm saying this.

Edited on 05/31/2010 9:50am

SpongeSebastian

[14]May 31, 2010
    ^^Yes, plus I wouldn't have wanted the show to end after its third season. Too many fans would get bored with watching the same reruns, and the show would be forgotten.

thecrad15

[15]Jun 1, 2010
    SpongeSebastian wrote:
    ^^Yes, plus I wouldn't have wanted the show to end after its third season. Too many fans would get bored with watching the same reruns, and the show would be forgotten.

Correct. Seasons 1-3 were a bit boring.

Voo_Bopo

[16]Jun 1, 2010
    • level: 9

SpongeSebastian wrote:
    This is like, what the fifth active thread talking about this? Well, before season 7, I probably would've wanted the show to end sooner, but they've made a remarkable comeback in the recent episodes. Also, with Nickelodeon still keeping the whole franchise as alive as it's been in the past, I think the show will make it to at least 2015.

This.

If the show ended after the 3rd season, it wouldn't get the chance to become the phenomenon that it is today.

Edited on 06/01/2010 8:56am

hp1145

[17]Jun 1, 2010
    • level: 10
    SpongeSebastian wrote:

Well the show has a lot of work to do, if it is planning to dish out another five seasons. When there are no more episodes, then there would be reruns anyways. The tricky concept is whether the newer seasons deliver or not point simple.

RAWWRIMAPIRATE

[18]Jun 2, 2010
    • level: 2

Like Totally Never♥♥♥♥

LukeJames525

[19]Jun 2, 2010
    • level: 19
    I guessed 2014, and I hope trolls don't start migrating to this thread.

spongebobfan200

[20]Jun 5, 2010
    • level: 30
    December 21rst, 2012.

In retrospect, 2012 and beyond.