We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Seddie And Creddie Battle Field

sharethelove01

[1]Apr 29, 2008
    • level: 8
    There are so many polls for Seddie and Creddie I thought I'd just make a battle field. So battle it out. Seddie or Creddie. Give reasons why.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Wedgie317

[2]Apr 29, 2008
    • level: 13
    Creddie. There is no actual proof for Seddie that people can explain well enough.

abz08

[3]Apr 29, 2008
    • level: 15
    Wedgie317 wrote:
    Creddie. There is no actual proof for Seddie that people can explain well enough.

A ha! Ditto! ---

Carly and Freddie actually have chemistry - a real possible relationship could form. A good, solid one. Based off of a friendship that is worth something, and neither person would deny or scoff about. ---

Yes, Sam and Freddie have banter. They fight back and forth. That does not make them the cute bickering couple - nor does it make them the new age of Ron and Hermione or Quinn and Logan or Casey and Derek. The things we see from Sam and Freddie I think every Sam and Freddie shipper is taking WAAAAAY out of proportion. ---

I - a Carly/Freddie shipper on the other hand - have plenty of moments to squee over while keeping them exactly as they are. And that's not even counting Freddie's feelings for Carly.

sunnstar7

[4]Apr 29, 2008
    • level: 9
    Except for the friendship part, you just completely proved the whole point of Seddie.

And Carly DOES deny Creddie. Like, all the time.

AndreaMSkate

[5]Apr 29, 2008
    • level: 49
    Carly could just be playing hard to get. That isn't unheard of. I'm a diehard Creddie supporter.

Wedgie317

[6]Apr 29, 2008
    abz08 wrote:
    Wedgie317 wrote:
    A ha! Ditto! --- Carly and Freddie actually have chemistry - a real possible relationship could form. A good, solid one. Based off of a friendship that is worth something, and neither person would deny or scoff about. --- Yes, Sam and Freddie have banter. They fight back and forth. That does not make them the cute bickering couple - nor does it make them the new age of Ron and Hermione or Quinn and Logan or Casey and Derek. The things we see from Sam and Freddie I think every Sam and Freddie shipper is taking WAAAAAY out of proportion. --- I - a Carly/Freddie shipper on the other hand - have plenty of moments to squee over while keeping them exactly as they are. And that's not even counting Freddie's feelings for Carly.
    I'm very glad to see you agree. And these are all excellent points that I've been trying to say in the past.

abz08

[7]Apr 29, 2008

AndreaMSkate wrote:
    Carly could just be playing hard to get. That isn't unheard of. I'm a diehard Creddie supporter.

Yep. It's completely possible. I don't think that's actually what it is... but it's so nice to be on the same side as Andrea! XD ---

Actually - I'm of the opinion that Carly is falling for him without knowing it. Because she does like him - she just doesn't know it yet. I haven't seen any episodes really recently so I don't have examples taking up a ton of brain-space... but they are there - and a TON more credible than Sam picking on Freddie. Which, apparently equals a die-hard romance. ---

If anyone thinks that Sam being mean to Freddie is special then they obviously don't understand Sam's character. She is mean to everyone as a rule. Unless of course - they happen to be her best friend for about five years - and even then she's still mean (except of course to Spencer... but that's my inner Spam fan talking XD ). ---

Then, naturally - someone might come back that it's extra special for Freddie, she makes fun of him more than anyone. She even was going crazy when she couldn't. Well, she also makes fun of Gibby, or does something mean to him basically anytime she sees him. Does she like Gibby too? ---

Also - Freddie's an easy target. Anyone who has seen any episode of iCarly could atest to this fact. So if they hang around each other, and Sam has all this hateful energy raging around - isn't it extremely easy to cipher if off to Freddie? With other people she would have to get creative, which means work. We all know Sam hates work. ---

sunnstar7 - I'm not quite sure I get what you mean. I mean, other than the Carly denying part. That I get. How exactly did I prove the point of Seddie?

Edited on 04/29/2008 8:16pm

sunnstar7

[8]Apr 29, 2008
    HI ANDREA!! **waves like an idiot**

Okay, abz, this is what you said:

"Carly and Freddie actually have chemistry - a real possible relationship could form. A good, solid one. Based off of a friendship that is worth something, and neither person would deny or scoff about. ---"

Sad and Freddie have chemistry too. Just look in iLike Jake-- "Did it sound horrible? CHECK!"--they have chemistry, Sam is just angry at the world (probably because of her family) and takes that out on everyone except Carly so most of us don't see it.

"Yes, Sam and Freddie have banter. They fight back and forth. That does not make them the cute bickering couple - nor does it make them the new age of Ron and Hermione or Quinn and Logan or Casey and Derek. The things we see from Sam and Freddie I think every Sam and Freddie shipper is taking WAAAAAY out of proportion. ---"

Let's take a look at HBP. Where in that (besides Dumbledore's funeral and a little bit before Hogwarts) did you see ANY dialouge between Ron and Hermione that wasn't bickerbickerbicker??

Do you see my point?

abz08

[9]Apr 29, 2008
    sunnstar7 wrote:
    HI ANDREA!! **waves like an idiot**

Okay, abz, this is what you said:

"Carly and Freddie actually have chemistry - a real possible relationship could form. A good, solid one. Based off of a friendship that is worth something, and neither person would deny or scoff about. ---"

Sad and Freddie have chemistry too. Just look in iLike Jake-- "Did it sound horrible? CHECK!"--they have chemistry, Sam is just angry at the world (probably because of her family) and takes that out on everyone except Carly so most of us don't see it.

"Yes, Sam and Freddie have banter. They fight back and forth. That does not make them the cute bickering couple - nor does it make them the new age of Ron and Hermione or Quinn and Logan or Casey and Derek. The things we see from Sam and Freddie I think every Sam and Freddie shipper is taking WAAAAAY out of proportion. ---"

Let's take a look at HBP. Where in that (besides Dumbledore's funeral and a little bit before Hogwarts) did you see ANY dialouge between Ron and Hermione that wasn't bickerbickerbicker??

Do you see my point?

A ha... I see your point. I just don't see how that equals a Seddie relationship. ---

As for Ron/Hermione - there just so happened to be TONS of non-bicker moments between the two - and we probably couldn't see a lot of them because they were both side characters - and the books followed Harry around. They had spent almost entire summers together we had no clue about. Plus - even when they were bickering it was a completely different dynamic than Sam and Freddie. ---

iLike Jake? Seriously? The fact that they said something in sync means they have chemistry? To me, that says that they both think the same thing. Jake couldn't sing, and the same 'punny' joke came into their head so they collaborated to say that one line. ---

Chemistry is really different from that. Chemistry is how two characters play off of each other. It's... it's a feeling that's really hard to explain or even put a pin on. Like in Gilmore Girls, Luke and Lorelai had chemistry - when they would talk, before they got together and then after they did - as a viewer I could tell what the mood was supposed to be, and how the moods would change for each character. If it was something light-hearted, or happy news, when they'd talk - either character, the demeanor would change, and by the end both were in a similar state. The same with something negative. The characters affected each otehr, in words, in actions, in facial gestures, in general they just - affected each other. ---

Sorry if I botched anyone's thinking of chemistry - or if that was a horrid explanation (and rambly), but it was the best I could come up with off the top of my head. ---

Carly and Freddie have that kind of chemistry - the romantic kind. Freddie and Sam... they tolerate each other. The only time I can think of Sam doing anything relatively nice for Freddie was when she pulled Duke off of him (and stole Duke's wallet). They don't affect each other any differently than any other moderate character in their lives.

sunnstar7

[10]Apr 29, 2008
    Hermione got there TWO DAYS before Harry, if I'm thinking of the right book.

That was just the first thing that popped into my head. Whenever Sam insults Freddie and Freddie says something, all insulted, and Sam comes up with a great comeback, that's chemistry too.

Any other moderate character in their lives? Are you kidding too? They're around each other all the time!

abz08

[11]Apr 29, 2008
    sunnstar7 wrote:

That was just the first thing that popped into my head. Whenever Sam insults Freddie and Freddie says something, all insulted, and Sam comes up with a great comeback, that's chemistry too.

Any other moderate character in their lives? Are you kidding too? They're around each other all the time!

No - not Goblet. I was referring to the multitude of summers. Fifth year alone was proof enough. And, of course book 7. But we're not discussing HP. We're discussing iCarly. ---

No, you're right - that IS chemistry. Great bickering chemistry. They are lovely enemies, frenemies, rivals, whatever you want to call them. But right now, all that their chemistry is reminding me of is Harry/Draco (not another HP reference on purpose, I promise) - and although I enjoy H/D, I know it's not even close to canon. So I never truly 'shipped' them. ---

Chemistry needs to be different for romantic interests, and different for an existing couple, and different for rivals, and different for friendships. Sam and Freddie have some from rivalry, and some from friendship. Carly and Freddie manage to have some from all but the rivalry category. Then again, iWant to Date Freddie and iPilot might say otherwise. ---

You're right - that was a bad choice of words. But (putting my Spam feelings aside for this example) really, what they say to each other is no more, and no less important to each other than something Spencer would say to them. He is their friend, they respect him, and he's around enough to know he won't flake-out. Overall though - Sam really doesn't care what Freddie thinks about anything, and Freddie doesn't care what Sam thinks about anything.

gryffinval7890

[12]Apr 30, 2008
    • level: 12

how about on "Hey Anold!" ? Helga was an agry girl. she had a bad home life and took it out on everyone especially Arnold (the object of her affection) for attention(she even said it herself).

gryffinval7890

[13]Apr 30, 2008
    abz08 wrote:
    sunnstar7 wrote:

No - not Goblet. I was referring to the multitude of summers. Fifth year alone was proof enough. And, of course book 7. But we're not discussing HP. We're discussing iCarly. ---

No, you're right - that IS chemistry. Great bickering chemistry. They are lovely enemies, frenemies, rivals, whatever you want to call them. But right now, all that their chemistry is reminding me of is Harry/Draco (not another HP reference on purpose, I promise) - and although I enjoy H/D, I know it's not even close to canon. So I never truly 'shipped' them. ---

Chemistry needs to be different for romantic interests, and different for an existing couple, and different for rivals, and different for friendships. Sam and Freddie have some from rivalry, and some from friendship. Carly and Freddie manage to have some from all but the rivalry category. Then again, iWant to Date Freddie and iPilot might say otherwise. ---

You're right - that was a bad choice of words. But (putting my Spam feelings aside for this example) really, what they say to each other is no more, and no less important to each other than something Spencer would say to them. He is their friend, they respect him, and he's around enough to know he won't flake-out. Overall though - Sam really doesn't care what Freddie thinks about anything, and Freddie doesn't care what Sam thinks about anything.

im going to have to argue about them caring what the other thinks..

if you recall in iWill Date Freddie, he wouldn't agree to come back to ICarly, unless Sam would say that he was important to ICarly as they were... even if that wasn't a romantic at all that proves that he does care about what she thinks of him. and in that same episode he said he considered them to be friends(not in those exact words). he values his friendship with Sam and if he thought she didn't he didn't think it was any good for him to be around her, even if that meant not being around Carly who he seems to have a crush on. Catchin' my drift? It seems he cares about Sams oppinion more than Carly's. if not, then why did he want to know where she stood before taking an action.

as for them being like harry and draco... i don't think THEY ever hugged.

so, the point im trying to make is, that even if they don't have any romantic feelings for each other, they do care about each other and ARE friends...

iskabibble07

[14]Apr 30, 2008
    When Sam, Carly and Freddie were watching dance videos together, at one point they all fell asleep. There were a shots of the girls sleeping on Freddie and on each other. This was both adorable, sweet and romantic. I can so see a love trangle here.

chasefan100

[15]Apr 30, 2008
    • level: 11
    I don't really like Creddie. I mean Carly never shows any interest in him like that. To me she always seems more protective of him like a sister type thing.

Sam and Freddie on the other hand is where the tension is. And I agree that they are FRIENDS. When they hugged it was obvious they were.

You might think Sam and Freddie hate each other but they don't

primallynx

[16]Apr 30, 2008
    • level: 14

I think it's sitcom law that the more two characters seem to be wrong for each other, the more they will end up together.

missyera

[17]Apr 30, 2008
    This thread is interesting to read. I love reading through battles.

I support Seddie, but that doesn't mean I've got proof that its definitely going to happen. All I have are the reasons why I prefer Seddie more than Creddie, and the level of possibility that Seddie might eventually happen, either in one episode or at the end of the series, at least more than I think Creddie might.

Firstly, I find the Creddie relationship utterly BORING. No passion and excitement when they interact. Just like normal civil friends whereby one is infatuated with the other but the other just brushes it off.

Sure, they have chemistry, but why are we always going on about Chemistry anyways?? It's too overly used to support shipping arguments. Anyways, as I've said before, the Creddie relationship is too boring. Like another couple...but I shall not mention it since its the wrong place and time. Also, its too one-sided. We obviously knows that Freddie COMPLETELY ADORES and is in love with Carly. Even a monkey can figure that one out, seeing that he's proclaiming his love for her everywhere and whenever he could, even creating blogs about having her babies. Eeks. Also, I find Carly to act like a mother or older sister to both Freddie and Sam. She's wayy too sensible and protective-like over her bestfriends. Understandable of course, but that's also one of the reasons why I don't really think Carly would reciprocate Freddie's feelings. At least for now.

I don't deny that the writers might eventually put Freddie and Carly together, just to give it a try, but that relationship would prove to be too blah for me. Now Seddie on the other hand, well, just a caution that these are just my own perspectives and you don't have to agree with it. Seddie has PASSION. Passion, tension and excitement in their interactions.

Sure, people might argue that they fight and hate each other too much, but you'll never know. All those hatred could just be a facade. Cliche' I know, but still possible. And that's what I want to watch. Entertainment of two sidekicks who can't stand to be in each other's presence, but at the same time, each time they're in each other's company, they never fail to stand so close to each other and find a way to be in close contact with each other. Even if they're throwing glares and mean stares at one another.

I don't want to watch how Freddie LOVES Carly Shay, or that she's the greatest person in his world. I want to watch how Sam and Freddie are constantly at each other's throats. How the two of them bicker and come up with comebacks for each other, and ignoring the rest of the world when they're in their own little world of bickering. Like they're the only two that matters. And wouldn't it be even more exciting to witness, when they're in a heated argument, and suddenly one of them blows a fuse and grabs the other person and they kissed? *chuckles* That's why I never get sick and tired of love-hate relationships. Cos' there's always passion between the couple. And the satisfaction of finally seeing the two confess their real feelings for each other beneath all those hatred and years of arguments.

Anyways, I agree that the best couple comparison for Sam/Freddie's relationship as mentioned by someone above is that they resemble Hey Arnold's Helga/Arnold. Its like a complete replica of the cartoon on Nickelodeon honestly. A vicious girl who constantly picks on the geeky boy, but in actual fact, she's completely infatuated with him. Who knows, maybe Sam is like that. So my entire point is, there's no concrete proof either couple will happen. But even so, there's no reason why we can't support either ships. You have your reasons, and I have mine.

ger5632

[18]Apr 30, 2008
    • level: 24

missyera wrote:
    This thread is interesting to read. I love reading through battles. I support Seddie, but that doesn't mean I've got proof that its definitely going to happen. All I have are the reasons why I prefer Seddie more than Creddie, and the level of possibility that Seddie might eventually happen, either in one episode or at the end of the series, at least more than I think Creddie might. Firstly, I find the Creddie relationship utterly BORING. No passion and excitement when they interact. Just like normal civil friends whereby one is infatuated with the other but the other just brushes it off. Sure, they have chemistry, but why are we always going on about Chemistry anyways?? It's too overly used to support shipping arguments. Anyways, as I've said before, the Creddie relationship is too boring. Like another couple...but I shall not mention it since its the wrong place and time. Also, its too one-sided. We obviously knows that Freddie COMPLETELY ADORES and is in love with Carly. Even a monkey can figure that one out, seeing that he's proclaiming his love for her everywhere and whenever he could, even creating blogs about having her babies. Eeks. Also, I find Carly to act like a mother or older sister to both Freddie and Sam. She's wayy too sensible and protective-like over her bestfriends. Understandable of course, but that's also one of the reasons why I don't really think Carly would reciprocate Freddie's feelings. At least for now. I don't deny that the writers might eventually put Freddie and Carly together, just to give it a try, but that relationship would prove to be too blah for me. Now Seddie on the other hand, well, just a caution that these are just my own perspectives and you don't have to agree with it. Seddie has PASSION. Passion, tension and excitement in their interactions. Sure, people might argue that they fight and hate each other too much, but you'll never know. All those hatred could just be a facade. Cliche' I know, but still possible. And that's what I want to watch. Entertainment of two sidekicks who can't stand to be in each other's presence, but at the same time, each time they're in each other's company, they never fail to stand so close to each other and find a way to be in close contact with each other. Even if they're throwing glares and mean stares at one another. I don't want to watch how Freddie LOVES Carly Shay, or that she's the greatest person in his world. I want to watch how Sam and Freddie are constantly at each other's throats. How the two of them bicker and come up with comebacks for each other, and ignoring the rest of the world when they're in their own little world of bickering. Like they're the only two that matters. And wouldn't it be even more exciting to witness, when they're in a heated argument, and suddenly one of them blows a fuse and grabs the other person and they kissed? *chuckles* That's why I never get sick and tired of love-hate relationships. Cos' there's always passion between the couple. And the satisfaction of finally seeing the two confess their real feelings for each other beneath all those hatred and years of arguments. Anyways, I agree that the best couple comparison for Sam/Freddie's relationship as mentioned by someone above is that they resemble Hey Arnold's Helga/Arnold. Its like a complete replica of the cartoon on Nickelodeon honestly. A vicious girl who constantly picks on the geeky boy, but in actual fact, she's completely infatuated with him. Who knows, maybe Sam is like that. So my entire point is, there's no concrete proof either couple will happen. But even so, there's no reason why we can't support either ships. You have your reasons, and I have mine.

nice! i totally agree with her. Heard the song 'Just the girl im looking for' by click five. the writers were probably thinking of making Sam and Freddie with the same song

anyway, Freddie and Sam have more interaction with each other. And ya, Carly and Freddie's relationship is totally boring. I mean like if its right from the start where someone tells the other guy that he/she like him/her it seriously destoroys the whole 'i like you but im afraid to say so' relationship. Why do you think i hate the couple Danny and Sam from Danny Phantom so much?

gryffinval7890

[19]Apr 30, 2008
    missyera wrote:
    This thread is interesting to read. I love reading through battles.

I support Seddie, but that doesn't mean I've got proof that its definitely going to happen. All I have are the reasons why I prefer Seddie more than Creddie, and the level of possibility that Seddie might eventually happen, either in one episode or at the end of the series, at least more than I think Creddie might.

Firstly, I find the Creddie relationship utterly BORING. No passion and excitement when they interact. Just like normal civil friends whereby one is infatuated with the other but the other just brushes it off.

Sure, they have chemistry, but why are we always going on about Chemistry anyways?? It's too overly used to support shipping arguments. Anyways, as I've said before, the Creddie relationship is too boring. Like another couple...but I shall not mention it since its the wrong place and time. Also, its too one-sided. We obviously knows that Freddie COMPLETELY ADORES and is in love with Carly. Even a monkey can figure that one out, seeing that he's proclaiming his love for her everywhere and whenever he could, even creating blogs about having her babies. Eeks. Also, I find Carly to act like a mother or older sister to both Freddie and Sam. She's wayy too sensible and protective-like over her bestfriends. Understandable of course, but that's also one of the reasons why I don't really think Carly would reciprocate Freddie's feelings. At least for now.

I don't deny that the writers might eventually put Freddie and Carly together, just to give it a try, but that relationship would prove to be too blah for me. Now Seddie on the other hand, well, just a caution that these are just my own perspectives and you don't have to agree with it. Seddie has PASSION. Passion, tension and excitement in their interactions.

Sure, people might argue that they fight and hate each other too much, but you'll never know. All those hatred could just be a facade. Cliche' I know, but still possible. And that's what I want to watch. Entertainment of two sidekicks who can't stand to be in each other's presence, but at the same time, each time they're in each other's company, they never fail to stand so close to each other and find a way to be in close contact with each other. Even if they're throwing glares and mean stares at one another.

I don't want to watch how Freddie LOVES Carly Shay, or that she's the greatest person in his world. I want to watch how Sam and Freddie are constantly at each other's throats. How the two of them bicker and come up with comebacks for each other, and ignoring the rest of the world when they're in their own little world of bickering. Like they're the only two that matters. And wouldn't it be even more exciting to witness, when they're in a heated argument, and suddenly one of them blows a fuse and grabs the other person and they kissed? *chuckles* That's why I never get sick and tired of love-hate relationships. Cos' there's always passion between the couple. And the satisfaction of finally seeing the two confess their real feelings for each other beneath all those hatred and years of arguments.

Anyways, I agree that the best couple comparison for Sam/Freddie's relationship as mentioned by someone above is that they resemble Hey Arnold's Helga/Arnold. Its like a complete replica of the cartoon on Nickelodeon honestly. A vicious girl who constantly picks on the geeky boy, but in actual fact, she's completely infatuated with him. Who knows, maybe Sam is like that. So my entire point is, there's no concrete proof either couple will happen. But even so, there's no reason why we can't support either ships. You have your reasons, and I have mine.

totally! and did you know that they would have gotten together in the second Hey Arnold! movie if Nick hadn't tossed it aside...

shame really..

sharethelove01

[20]Apr 30, 2008

Wedgie317 wrote:

You don't need proof. Just explain which couple you like and why they're better than the other couple.