We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Seddie And Creddie Battle Field

Gander119

[21]Apr 30, 2008
    • level: 11

Me,being a seddie supporter,knows that Carly and Freddie might have feelings for each other.I've seen these reasons in different threads.But,seddie supporters always have different reasons.But for Creddie supporters,it's all ''they love each other'' and ''Freddie likes Carly though.''Plus,Sam and Freddie have had some moments.

Like in iPilot,Sam said Carly would never like Freddie.That's a sign that Sam may be jealous of Carly liking Freddie,and giving a little clue that Sam likes Freddie.Sure,it's not written in stone,but it's a little point the right way.Bye.HAVE A NICE DAY!!!!!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

abz08

[22]Apr 30, 2008
    • level: 15

missyera wrote:
    This thread is interesting to read. I love reading through battles. ...

Firstly, I find the Creddie relationship utterly BORING. No passion and excitement when they interact. Just like normal civil friends whereby one is infatuated with the other but the other just brushes it off. Sure, they have chemistry, but why are we always going on about Chemistry anyways?? It's too overly used to support shipping arguments. Anyways, as I've said before, the Creddie relationship is too boring. Like another couple...but I shall not mention it since its the wrong place and time. ...

So my entire point is, there's no concrete proof either couple will happen. But even so, there's no reason why we can't support either ships. You have your reasons, and I have mine.

Glad to hear we agree with something - this is a fun thread - even if it's a "battlefield". ---

I disagree with the 'boring' assessment. To me, they act like a couple. A real, together through the good and bad - couple. Their interactions ARE interesting, with the teasing, and working collectively for a common goal - it's just too cute for me. It really works. But I guess that's just a personal shipping preference. ---

Good point about the chemistry though - if we went by chemistry alone - I would actually have to admit to Troyella having some credibility. (*gag*) But they don't. SO... good point. ---

What ship though? I promise I won't get mad, even if it's one I hold close to mine heart. (I know we disagree with a lot of ships, thanks to your siggy.)---

Yep - your reasons, my reasons. Two TOTALLY different ships.

Edited on 04/30/2008 4:07pm

DC-Dude

[23]Apr 30, 2008
    • level: 26
    I'm half Seddie half Creddie.

missyera

[24]Apr 30, 2008
    • level: 8
    DC-Dude wrote:
    I'm half Seddie half Creddie.

So you're a SCreddie. *chuckles* Jk...I just find it funny.

When I think about it again, I find it pointless trying to persuade the other ship that your ship has more possibility of materialising, cos' it's all just each one's own personal interpretations and preferences. But I still enjoy these discussions nonetheless.

sunnstar7

[25]Apr 30, 2008
    • level: 9
    ger5632 wrote:

missyera wrote:
    This thread is interesting to read. I love reading through battles. I support Seddie, but that doesn't mean I've got proof that its definitely going to happen. All I have are the reasons why I prefer Seddie more than Creddie, and the level of possibility that Seddie might eventually happen, either in one episode or at the end of the series, at least more than I think Creddie might. Firstly, I find the Creddie relationship utterly BORING. No passion and excitement when they interact. Just like normal civil friends whereby one is infatuated with the other but the other just brushes it off. Sure, they have chemistry, but why are we always going on about Chemistry anyways?? It's too overly used to support shipping arguments. Anyways, as I've said before, the Creddie relationship is too boring. Like another couple...but I shall not mention it since its the wrong place and time. Also, its too one-sided. We obviously knows that Freddie COMPLETELY ADORES and is in love with Carly. Even a monkey can figure that one out, seeing that he's proclaiming his love for her everywhere and whenever he could, even creating blogs about having her babies. Eeks. Also, I find Carly to act like a mother or older sister to both Freddie and Sam. She's wayy too sensible and protective-like over her bestfriends. Understandable of course, but that's also one of the reasons why I don't really think Carly would reciprocate Freddie's feelings. At least for now. I don't deny that the writers might eventually put Freddie and Carly together, just to give it a try, but that relationship would prove to be too blah for me. Now Seddie on the other hand, well, just a caution that these are just my own perspectives and you don't have to agree with it. Seddie has PASSION. Passion, tension and excitement in their interactions. Sure, people might argue that they fight and hate each other too much, but you'll never know. All those hatred could just be a facade. Cliche' I know, but still possible. And that's what I want to watch. Entertainment of two sidekicks who can't stand to be in each other's presence, but at the same time, each time they're in each other's company, they never fail to stand so close to each other and find a way to be in close contact with each other. Even if they're throwing glares and mean stares at one another. I don't want to watch how Freddie LOVES Carly Shay, or that she's the greatest person in his world. I want to watch how Sam and Freddie are constantly at each other's throats. How the two of them bicker and come up with comebacks for each other, and ignoring the rest of the world when they're in their own little world of bickering. Like they're the only two that matters. And wouldn't it be even more exciting to witness, when they're in a heated argument, and suddenly one of them blows a fuse and grabs the other person and they kissed? *chuckles* That's why I never get sick and tired of love-hate relationships. Cos' there's always passion between the couple. And the satisfaction of finally seeing the two confess their real feelings for each other beneath all those hatred and years of arguments. Anyways, I agree that the best couple comparison for Sam/Freddie's relationship as mentioned by someone above is that they resemble Hey Arnold's Helga/Arnold. Its like a complete replica of the cartoon on Nickelodeon honestly. A vicious girl who constantly picks on the geeky boy, but in actual fact, she's completely infatuated with him. Who knows, maybe Sam is like that. So my entire point is, there's no concrete proof either couple will happen. But even so, there's no reason why we can't support either ships. You have your reasons, and I have mine.

nice! i totally agree with her. Heard the song 'Just the girl im looking for' by click five. the writers were probably thinking of making Sam and Freddie with the same song

anyway, Freddie and Sam have more interaction with each other. And ya, Carly and Freddie's relationship is totally boring. I mean like if its right from the start where someone tells the other guy that he/she like him/her it seriously destoroys the whole 'i like you but im afraid to say so' relationship. Why do you think i hate the couple Danny and Sam from Danny Phantom so much?

Danny and Sam were afraid to tell each other, so I don't really get your comparison. But I LOVE the part of your siggy with the hug. (Loliver fan.)

And comparing them to Harry/Draco--look who ended up a Death Eater, look who ended up saving them all? They have never, at any point in the books, been friends at all. Sam and Freddie are together 24/7.

sunnstar7

[26]Apr 30, 2008
    I just realized that I would have been a lot more open to Carly and Freddie at the very beginning if Creddie wasn't such a gross name.

Like, I'm watching iPromise Not to Tell and I was actually thinking about going on TurboNick and making the Carly pinning Freddie down into an icon... then I realized it was Carly, not Sam, LOL.

abz08

[27]Apr 30, 2008
    sunnstar7 wrote:

And comparing them to Harry/Draco--look who ended up a Death Eater, look who ended up saving them all? They have never, at any point in the books, been friends at all. Sam and Freddie are together 24/7.

I wasn't comparing them due to a friendship factor. I was comparing the rivals, the competitive nature, and the constant insults. Harry and Draco both went out of their ways to insult the other, and get on each others' nerves. It was a BIG DEAL. And teenage-ish. Then by the time they had grown up they respected each other enough to not want to kill each other. ---

So yes - that reminds me of Sam and Freddie just a little bit. Which - is actaully a REALLY big compliment to Seddie, because some of my favorite fics to read have been of the ships "Guns and Handcuffs" - or Draco/Harry. And all this talk of passion and interesting interactions - you're right, it's awesome to read about. ---

sunnstar7 wrote:
    I just realized that I would have been a lot more open to Carly and Freddie at the very beginning if Creddie wasn't such a gross name.

Like, I'm watching iPromise Not to Tell and I was actually thinking about going on TurboNick and making the Carly pinning Freddie down into an icon... then I realized it was Carly, not Sam, LOL.

The supposed "ship name" turned you off to Carly and Freddie? ... wtf? It's their names together! I wish I could come up with a proper ship name like I did for "lackson" as S.S. Sugar High. But I'll get back to you on Carly and Freddie's.

missyera

[28]Apr 30, 2008
    WHat about Fredly? Lolz...even weirder. I think its settled. Seddie vs Creddie. Plus, its straightforward when people read the names used.

sunnstar7

[29]Apr 30, 2008
    LOL, Fredly.

I was kind of joking, though, I wouldn't seriously ship something just because of their name (Romione? Hinny??). I've shipped Seddie since the first or second episode, before I even heard of "Seddie." But you have to admit, Seddie sounds cooler than Creddie.

abz08

[30]Apr 30, 2008
    missyera wrote:
    WHat about Fredly? Lolz...even weirder. I think its settled. Seddie vs Creddie. Plus, its straightforward when people read the names used.

No... that's not what I was talking about. And I DO know that the combination of the two names together is what people recognize, and it really doesn't matter anything about the ship itself. ---

But like, Miley and Oliver are the S.S. Sweater Dance, Ron/Hermione is the S.S. Good Ship (yes, quite boring) Harry/Draco is the S.S. Guns and Handcuffs, Luke and Lorelai shippers are known as the Java Junkies, and Lilly/Jackson have the name of the S.S. Sugar High. (some more REALLY fun, descriptive ones can be found in the HP fandom) ---

I was just thinking I could try and come up with one for Carly/Freddie. I kind of want to come up with a Sam/Spencer one first though... *shrug*

sunnstar7

[31]Apr 30, 2008
    I have no idea what you're talking about with the S.S. thing.

But how can you ship Harry/Draco???

abz08

[32]Apr 30, 2008
    sunnstar7 wrote:
    I have no idea what you're talking about with the S.S. thing.

But how can you ship Harry/Draco???

*blushes* Because it's fun? I don't literally ship them... it's kind of a guilty pleasure ship (it's just a major one). Like if I were to read a Tryan (Troypay is my OTP), a Harry/Ron (I have always been, and will always be a Ron/Hermione fan), or even a Harry/Snape fic. Oh - or an Oliver/Jackson. HP I've only ever shipped R/Hr... and briefly I was all "D'aww! Harry/Luna!" But I grew out of it. ---

The "S.S." is in reference to a ship (as in relationship in fandoms) actually being a ship as in one that sails on the ocean blue. And naturally - a ship has to have a name. But something like "Moliver", "Creddie", or "Seddie" wouldn't look very nice painted on the side of a boat, so something more artistic is developed. XD Like "The Good Ship" or "Sweater Dance" or "Java Junkies", or "Sugar High". (I'm so proud of that... XD )

sunnstar7

[33]Apr 30, 2008
    Harry/Ron? Harry/SNAPE?? Harry/RON?!?!?!! LOL, I wouldn't mind Harry/Luna, but I can't believe you don't ship Harry/Ginny. Well, actually, I can.

Oooh, got it. =)

abz08

[34]Apr 30, 2008
    sunnstar7 wrote:
    Harry/Ron? Harry/SNAPE?? Harry/RON?!?!?!! LOL, I wouldn't mind Harry/Luna, but I can't believe you don't ship Harry/Ginny. Well, actually, I can.

Oooh, got it. =)

*shrug* I know some really good fic writers. And they're into slash. *shrug* What am I to do but to enjoy? Oh - and I kind of jumped on the bandwagon at one point for Harry/Ginny, but that was rather half-hearted, and brief. I just really don't care too much about it. It's sweet, and I'm not mad it's canon or anything... but whatever. ---

Yay. I'm glad you understand. XD

missyera

[35]Apr 30, 2008
    Slash? Lolz, wouldn't sail it, but if you do, props to you.

Sam and Spencer? There couldn't be a better name than Spam. *chuckles* Spam as the couple and Spam to be painted on the side of the ship.

While I do enjoy Sam/Spencer's relationship, but i only see it as a great big-brother/young-sis relationship. I think they're adorable, and that Spencer really does take good care of his sister and her best friends. Plus, I think Sam dotes on Spencer cos' he's the only other older "brother" that she can look up to. Her own parents are hopeless.

Anyways, back to Seddie vs Creddie battle. So many digressions in this topic. Lolz.

abz08

[36]Apr 30, 2008
    missyera wrote:
    Slash? Lolz, wouldn't sail it, but if you do, props to you.

Sam and Spencer? There couldn't be a better name than Spam. *chuckles* Spam as the couple and Spam to be painted on the side of the ship.

While I do enjoy Sam/Spencer's relationship, but i only see it as a great big-brother/young-sis relationship. I think they're adorable, and that Spencer really does take good care of his sister and her best friends. Plus, I think Sam dotes on Spencer cos' he's the only other older "brother" that she can look up to. Her own parents are hopeless.

Anyways, back to Seddie vs Creddie battle. So many digressions in this topic. Lolz.

Hee hee hee... I love slash! Go Chad/Ryan! Ryan IS gay ---

Right, on-topic... I think my love for Spam is a reason enough for me to not ship Seddie if I didn't have other ideas before-hand. XD I mean, if anyone was going to do something illegal - it would be Sam. Why else mention how much of her famliy has gotten in trouble with the law and stuff? XD Plus - big happy families are just awesome in general. ---

Either way... I just can't see Sam liking Freddie in a romantic way now, in the future, or even in a different lifetime. It just doesn't compute. Besides, Freddie hates Sam and is against her and a lot of her ways just as much as he is in love with Carly. So to turn BOTH of those around ... it's just a little too much for me.

missyera

[37]Apr 30, 2008
    abz08 wrote:
    Either way... I just can't see Sam liking Freddie in a romantic way now, in the future, or even in a different lifetime. It just doesn't compute. Besides, Freddie hates Sam and is against her and a lot of her ways just as much as he is in love with Carly. So to turn BOTH of those around ... it's just a little too much for me.
    But isn't it weird that Freddie cares what Sam thinks of him? I mean, in that episode (I can't remember the name) where they hugged, it seems that Freddie just needs to hear Sam say that he's important, then he'll go back to their group. He didn't even give a dang that Carly already told him that he's important to her. Freddie wants to hear SAM'S words. So, that really means that he wants Sam's approval. And he cares. Sam is just in serious denial right now. Her viciousness towards others are her only protection from getting hurt, cos' her family is already a disaster zone, and if she lets others in too easily, she might get hurt again. So that's why all her hatred towards Freddie could just be a facade to protect herself from being let down again by others.

gryffinval7890

[38]May 1, 2008
    • level: 12
    missyera wrote:
    abz08 wrote:
    But isn't it weird that Freddie cares what Sam thinks of him? I mean, in that episode (I can't remember the name) where they hugged, it seems that Freddie just needs to hear Sam say that he's important, then he'll go back to their group. He didn't even give a dang that Carly already told him that he's important to her. Freddie wants to hear SAM'S words. So, that really means that he wants Sam's approval. And he cares. Sam is just in serious denial right now. Her viciousness towards others are her only protection from getting hurt, cos' her family is already a disaster zone, and if she lets others in too easily, she might get hurt again. So that's why all her hatred towards Freddie could just be a facade to protect herself from being let down again by others.

high five, man! high five!

you totally get Seddie. and that same episode he decided to help his GF after she convinced him that Sam truly dislikes him. i mean he called her his friend. and she told him, sincerely, that he is important. if she hated him she wouldn't have said any of that. and if it was insincere, it would have been very apparent and she definately would not have hugged him.

i think thats more than enough proof that they are currently friends... and friends DON'T hate each other.

chasefan100

[39]May 1, 2008
    • level: 11
    gryffinval7890 wrote:
    missyera wrote:
    abz08 wrote:

high five, man! high five!

you totally get Seddie. and that same episode he decided to help his GF after she convinced him that Sam truly dislikes him. i mean he called her his friend. and she told him, sincerely, that he is important. if she hated him she wouldn't have said any of that. and if it was insincere, it would have been very apparent and she definately would not have hugged him.

i think thats more than enough proof that they are currently friends... and friends DON'T hate each other.

Don't forget in iHeart Art Freddie cared about what Sam thought alot. when she was insulting him every chance she got.

and what was the first thing he asked Sam to get her to insult him. - "Do you wanna kiss me?" . I know it wasn't meant in that context.

But its definitely on the back of Freddie's mind even if he doens't realise it yet

iskabibble07

[40]May 1, 2008
    • level: 13

abz08 wrote:
    sunnstar7 wrote:
    I wasn't comparing them due to a friendship factor. I was comparing the rivals, the competitive nature, and the constant insults. Harry and Draco both went out of their ways to insult the other, and get on each others' nerves. It was a BIG DEAL. And teenage-ish. Then by the time they had grown up they respected each other enough to not want to kill each other. --- So yes - that reminds me of Sam and Freddie just a little bit. Which - is actaully a REALLY big compliment to Seddie, because some of my favorite fics to read have been of the ships "Guns and Handcuffs" - or Draco/Harry. And all this talk of passion and interesting interactions - you're right, it's awesome to read about. ---
    sunnstar7 wrote:
    I just realized that I would have been a lot more open to Carly and Freddie at the very beginning if Creddie wasn't such a gross name. Like, I'm watching iPromise Not to Tell and I was actually thinking about going on TurboNick and making the Carly pinning Freddie down into an icon... then I realized it was Carly, not Sam, LOL.
    The supposed "ship name" turned you off to Carly and Freddie? ... wtf? It's their names together! I wish I could come up with a proper ship name like I did for "lackson" as S.S. Sugar High. But I'll get back to you on Carly and Freddie's.

Well I think we might want to go with FRARLY. SPAM is good for Sam/Spencer (if I do say so myself) and much better than SPAMSTER which sounds like a set of luggage. Yes that relationship would be more brother sister but when we get moments where he is cuddling her you might see him with that OMG look on his face like he is enjoying this way too much. Sam could get a puppy love crush on Spencer (may already have one) and it might be a good epi for Carly to see this happening and deal with the fact that her closest friend is in love with her brother. The epi and fanfic ideas just keep on growing.