We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Seddie And Creddie Battle Field

sunnstar7

[41]May 1, 2008
    • level: 9
    missyera wrote:
    abz08 wrote:
    Either way... I just can't see Sam liking Freddie in a romantic way now, in the future, or even in a different lifetime. It just doesn't compute. Besides, Freddie hates Sam and is against her and a lot of her ways just as much as he is in love with Carly. So to turn BOTH of those around ... it's just a little too much for me.
    But isn't it weird that Freddie cares what Sam thinks of him? I mean, in that episode (I can't remember the name) where they hugged, it seems that Freddie just needs to hear Sam say that he's important, then he'll go back to their group. He didn't even give a dang that Carly already told him that he's important to her. Freddie wants to hear SAM'S words. So, that really means that he wants Sam's approval. And he cares. Sam is just in serious denial right now. Her viciousness towards others are her only protection from getting hurt, cos' her family is already a disaster zone, and if she lets others in too easily, she might get hurt again. So that's why all her hatred towards Freddie could just be a facade to protect herself from being let down again by others.

Everything I could say and more. I completely, totally, 100% agree with that.

Spamster sounds like a hamster. LOL. (Or luggage, I guess.)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

gryffinval7890

[42]May 1, 2008
    • level: 12
    you know, they don't really insult each other(they do, but its rare) its more teasing than anything else... especially now..

greenrocks

[43]May 2, 2008
    • level: 3
    I would like to see some love triangle between the cast. (No, not Spencer. Just the kids.) =P But I hope, in the end Freddie will chose Sam eventually, not immediately but sometimes after several seasons, go through few different girlfriends, including Carly - shortest relationship, then several breakups, lastly Sam! That's what I would imagine.

gryffinval7890

[44]May 2, 2008
    greenrocks wrote:
    I would like to see some love triangle between the cast. (No, not Spencer. Just the kids.) =P But I hope, in the end Freddie will chose Sam eventually, not immediately but sometimes after several seasons, go through few different girlfriends, including Carly - shortest relationship, then several breakups, lastly Sam! That's what I would imagine.

cool! saving the best for last!

bubblygirl

[45]May 2, 2008
    • level: 10
    gryffinval7890 wrote:
    greenrocks wrote:

I am a Seddie. I love Seddie. And I love your icon.

gryffinval7890

[46]May 2, 2008
    bubblygirl wrote:
    gryffinval7890 wrote:
    greenrocks wrote:

I am a Seddie. I love Seddie. And I love your icon.

ooh! thanks...i know its not totally awesome/believable, but i made it myself..

Lindz-Chan

[47]May 3, 2008
    • level: 19

well you guys said pretty much everything up there, i LOVE the Love/Hate realationships...i think Sam may have a crush on Freddie *winks* you may never know xD

Ps: i ship HarryHermione lol...

missyera

[48]May 3, 2008
    • level: 8
    Anyways, I think eventually Freddie might also fall for Sam, despite her constant viciousness towards him. Cos in that episode iWill Date Freddie, when Valerie confronted Freddie saying that Sam's not his friend (though isn't it curious that Freddie talks a lot about Sam to his girlfriend?) because she always insults him, Freddie actually defended Sam, and he seems to accept Sam for who she is. A vicious bully but one who is loyal to her friends.

So, i think there's a possibility for Sam and Freddie to fall for each other and reciprocate each other's feelings.

sunnstar7

[49]May 3, 2008
    Lindz-Chan wrote:

well you guys said pretty much everything up there, i LOVE the Love/Hate realationships...i think Sam may have a crush on Freddie *winks* you may never know xD

LOL, that's my whole point. We DO know. Or at least I do... seriously, was there ever any doubt?

Dude, did you even READ Book 7? Or Book 6? Or JKR's website? How can you possibly ship H/Hr after Harry marries Ginny and Ron marries Hermione (and that whole R/H scene during the battle)?!!?!??!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!

Or do you just ship them as a joke? Cuz that's NOT funny. Ron+Hermione forever.

AND EVER.

gryffinval7890

[50]May 4, 2008
    sunnstar7 wrote:
    Lindz-Chan wrote:

LOL, that's my whole point. We DO know. Or at least I do... seriously, was there ever any doubt?

Dude, did you even READ Book 7? Or Book 6? Or JKR's website? How can you possibly ship H/Hr after Harry marries Ginny and Ron marries Hermione (and that whole R/H scene during the battle)?!!?!??!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!

Or do you just ship them as a joke? Cuz that's NOT funny. Ron+Hermione forever.

AND EVER.

R/H fits like a glove made out of Seddie...

blazingstone

[51]May 4, 2008

sunnstar7 wrote:
    Lindz-Chan wrote:

LOL, that's my whole point. We DO know. Or at least I do... seriously, was there ever any doubt? Dude, did you even READ Book 7? Or Book 6? Or JKR's website? How can you possibly ship H/Hr after Harry marries Ginny and Ron marries Hermione (and that whole R/H scene during the battle)?!!?!??!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!! Or do you just ship them as a joke? Cuz that's NOT funny. Ron+Hermione forever. AND EVER.

WOOOOW.

And that's NOT cool.

People support who they will support either way... you can't just SWITCH because something becomes canon. It doesn't work that way. Era here said it herself - "you have your ships and I have mine".

I happen to LOVE Harry/Hermione, despite canon. It's what I've loved and have loved while reading through the books... peoples' feelings don't change with what becomes canon.

As for Creddie vs. Seddie...

Creddie. Because of the stuff abz said xD

But, despite that, I hate to say this, but, I can see Seddie happening...

I was kinda on the fence with these ships at first... but after seeing Carly pin Freddie to the floor twice, I saw the light xD

ETA: Sunnstar... see your siggy there... lovin' the Choey. But why the M&M and Ashley hate? xD

Edited on 05/04/2008 12:09am

missyera

[52]May 4, 2008
    I agree its best not to bring other ships in, cos' not everyone has the same preferences. You may like Seddie but like H/Hr, or like Creddie but ships R/HR. So, it doesn't really matter cos' we're not talking about those other ships that you sail.

And true, just because one ship becomes canon, doesn't mean you have to conform with others. Cos i love Miranda/Gordo, and it didn't even happen, but i still prefer that couple compared to Lizzie/Gordo. Anyways, i'm not trying to bring other ships in, but it's just for the sake of illustrating an example.

blazingstone

[53]May 4, 2008

Right.

I was just defending those who are being crucified for liking what they like. I too was using an example through Harry and Hermione...

Z101roxsox

[54]May 4, 2008

This debate's pretty awesome. Lol. Both Seddie and Creddie are possible, in my opinion, even though I'm a Seddie fan.

Keep in mind, it's only season 1. Speaking for myself, I had no reason whatsoever to believe Logan would end up with Quinn in Zoey 101 from the first season. Point is, there are tons of possibilities. And I'm really looking forward to seeing how it all plays out.

Lindz-Chan

[55]May 4, 2008
    • level: 19
    sunnstar7 wrote:
    Lindz-Chan wrote:

LOL, that's my whole point. We DO know. Or at least I do... seriously, was there ever any doubt? Dude, did you even READ Book 7? Or Book 6? Or JKR's website? How can you possibly ship H/Hr after Harry marries Ginny and Ron marries Hermione (and that whole R/H scene during the battle)?!!?!??!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!! Or do you just ship them as a joke? Cuz that's NOT funny. Ron+Hermione forever. AND EVER.
    yeah i did (i got it on the day it came out, i felt special ^_^) Im ok with R/Hr but i can't stand H/G... it happened to quickly...ok were going off topic...ummm... i think neither will happen in the end, not all shows have to have love stories right xD, but i still prefer Seddie *CoughHarryandHermioneCough*
    Edited on 05/04/2008 1:02pm
    Edited 2 total times.

abz08

[56]May 4, 2008
    • level: 15
    blazingstone wrote:

As for Creddie vs. Seddie...

Creddie. Because of the stuff abz said xD

But, despite that, I hate to say this, but, I can see Seddie happening...

I was kinda on the fence with these ships at first... but after seeing Carly pin Freddie to the floor twice, I saw the light xD

I'm glad to hear that Blaze. I'd hate to be on the opposite side of a shipping war with you. Even though that other ship we disagree on we're quite congenial about it. ---

I think it's possible that Seddie could happen. Just not highly probable. And it hurts to think on. So I don't. I mean, a ship shouldn't be painful - and that's how I feel about Seddie. (and a few choice others) ---

The pinning on the floor though... Blaze is right. If nothing else - that should convince you. ---

*huggles Blaze for her agreement and backing of my points*

Camy99

[57]May 4, 2008
    • level: 7

Wow this place is more heated than I thought!

Well first off, I absolutely and completely agree with everything Era previously said in the very long but beautifully explained post. I shipped Seddie the moment Sam said 'Aww man the dork is gonna be here?" and then Freddie said "You never said she's coming!" or something like that in the first episode. Which is funny cuz in the same episode, same scene, Carly did that *very annoying* "Please, for me?" thing to Freddie. THAT is one of the reasons I can't support Creddie. He totally looses his head when he's with her, nothing funny and interesting can come out of that (IMO).

Now Seddie on the other hand keeps me interested because I never know what the other's going to say! Yes, I'm usually pretty sure Sam's gonna insult him but their bickering is just too lovely to watch. Now my little "proof", if that's what you want to call it because technically unless you know the writers you have no proof of what's going to happen, is why does Freddie always bring up things that insinuate that Sam only teases him because she likes him?
    ie:
    1. The first thing he says when Sam can't say or do anything mean is "Wanna kiss me?". Don't know about you but if I really hated someone because they always tore me down I wouldn't try to see what'd they do if I asked them to kiss me.
    2. These aren't the exact words but in some episode Freddie says something along the lines of "You know, when a girl constantly shreds on a guy it means she likes him." Of course Sam had a good come back, but what did Freddie really want her to say?

So these are my little "proofs". Do they actually PROVE anything? Of course not, but they say quite a bit if you ask me. Everything else (like the hug, and her sleeping on his shoulder, and them doing things simultaneously) are just cute stuff we notice but even Creddie has had cute stuff (when she was on top of him actually got my mouth to drop) but it all depends on what you prefer: A relationship that just goes with the flow or one where you never know what's gonna happen next.

That's my say. Feel free to disagree [or agree!!] Camy

PS. This is fun! I haven't been able to argue about my other beloved ship (look at signature) in a while because the show's much older. Hopefully Creddie vs. Seddie won't get as carried away...

missyera

[58]May 4, 2008
    *applause* Well done Camy. That was thorough. ^_^

I agree with those couple of "proofs" that you pointed out. Isn't it weird that for a guy who really hates the vicious girl, he LOVES to insinuate things that could make her reveal her true feelings for him? Or at least, it shows that he's secretly hoping that Sam would finally admit that she DID want to kiss him, or that she has a crush on him.
    :
    The pinning on the floor though... Blaze is right. If nothing else - that should convince you. ---

As for that, i would've agreed initially when I first saw that scene. But i find it weird that when Carly was pinning Freddie down, Freddie did not insinuate anything at all, cos' I would've thought that, he'll say something like he really enjoys getting pinned by her. Like in that scene when he was sitting on the couch with Carly, he teased her saying that the setting was romantic and whether she felt anything (for him). But in this entire scene, even when Carly pinned him twice, he was merely embarrased that a girl, no, CARLY, managed to pin him down. And he was eager for her to get OFF him.

Strange isn't it?

abz08

[59]May 4, 2008
    • level: 15
    Era... your explanations for the pinning down make me laugh. But I'll get back to that. XD

Camy99 wrote:
    Carly did that *very annoying* "Please, for me?" thing to Freddie. THAT is one of the reasons I can't support Creddie. He totally looses his head when he's with her, nothing funny and interesting can come out of that (IMO). ....

1. The first thing he says when Sam can't say or do anything mean is "Wanna kiss me?". Don't know about you but if I really hated someone because they always tore me down I wouldn't try to see what'd they do if I asked them to kiss me.

2. These aren't the exact words but in some episode Freddie says something along the lines of "You know, when a girl constantly shreds on a guy it means she likes him." Of course Sam had a good come back, but what did Freddie really want her to say? .... A relationship that just goes with the flow or one where you never know what's gonna happen next

The fact that Freddie is madly in love with Carly annoys you and is a reason why you can't ship them? Simply because he's so lost in her that he can't say no, that he's still relatively in that 'honeymoon' kind of love with her in the FIRST episode when they're still not even really friends yet? If anything - the fact that Carly exploits his love would be the annoying part I'd think. ---

Response to 1: The reason he asked, "Wanna kiss me?" is actually the exact opposite of what you guys are saying it insinuates. Because Freddie knows that that is one subject in which Sam will always put him down in. He knows it's the one sure-fire thing that would get him a scathing remark back in his face. It's the best way to provoke her. He wanted five bucks. It's the thing she loves to tease him on - how unloved he is. Simple as that. (Besides, she did start to insult him, so it worked.) ---

Response to 2: This is probably one the best arguements... but I strongly disagree. Freddie was sick and tired of her comments, and in an attempt at a comeback - he tried to make her eat her words. Again - because he knew that was the LAST thing she was doing. Because she never WOULD be interested in him, or like him. Everyone knows that. I'm sure Spencer would laugh in your face at the idea, as would Carly. He wanted to make her eat her words and look stupid - simple as that. ---

A relationship in which you never know what's going to happen next? WOW. I don't know anyone who would want that kind of instability. No sure commitment or anything. If I had to choose between the two, I'd rather go along with the flow. ---

I know that's not what you meant though. You were looking at it from an entertainment aspect. Which would be more entertaining. And I'd have to agree - seeing Freddie and Sam try to make a relationship work would be very amusing. But that's not what a ship is to me. A ship should be what makes the character happy, what the character will enjoy the most, what is the best for THEM. ---

Besides that - a relationship that is "right" IS entertaining (ever watch Gilmore Girls? Luke/Lorelai, Emily/Richard, even Rory/Jess or Rory/Logan were awesome to watch) - and it can also make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside to see how much they care for each other, and go 'aww' at their kisses. Creddie has that potential. I don't think Seddie does. (Spam does though! XD ) ---

missyera wrote:
    abz08 wrote:

The pinning on the floor though... Blaze is right. If nothing else - that should convince you.

As for that, i would've agreed initially when I first saw that scene. But i find it weird that when Carly was pinning Freddie down, Freddie did not insinuate anything at all, cos' I would've thought that, he'll say something like he really enjoys getting pinned by her. Like in that scene when he was sitting on the couch with Carly, he teased her saying that the setting was romantic and whether she felt anything (for him). But in this entire scene, even when Carly pinned him twice, he was merely embarrased that a girl, no, CARLY, managed to pin him down. And he was eager for her to get OFF him.

Strange isn't it?

Not really. No matter much in love with Carly he is - Freddie is still a guy. While I could say that he's 14 and that thought shouldn't really cross his mind - I know that's not true. Instead - I should say that if they were just plain wrestling for whatever reason (my mind is curiously blank) he might read something into it in a heartbeat. As it is though... they were fighting over telling on Sam - Carly was restricting him whatever way possible. The first thing he said was "Let me up," because he was fighting that, "I have to tell!" ---

Besides that... Freddie is a guy. Naturally - he's going to want to be the guy in the relationship. It'll be a while before he matures to the point in which he's okay with his strengths and weaknesses, and his partners strengths and weaknesses (even if one of those actually is strength where his girlfriend/whomever is stronger). The guy is SUPPOSED to be stronger. He's supposed to be the one to open the pickle jar. He's supposed to pick up the kids and put them on his shoulders, carry them around like a monster - and he's supposed to be able to do the same with his girl. If Carly can pin him down that means she's stronger. Which is wrong (to him). She hurt his manhood. ---

Anyway - even the second time he didn't actually say anything about letting him up. He just said, "Can we not tell anyone about this?" Because he doesn't want to be seen as the weakling. ---

Anywho - the real fun part about the pinning down is Carly... XD (and I think all the best Freddie/Carly ones are more on Carly's side anyway.) XD

sunnstar7

[60]May 4, 2008
    Blazingstone--Thanks about the siggy! I don't like MM because I saw him at a concert once and he acted totally conceited IMO and refused to even look at the fans when they were screaming for him, even though the more famous people same out and talked to everybody, so I am convinced he's horrible. And Miley Cyrus, well, that's just one of those things that makes me weird. (Partly because I don't think she can sing AND her booooody dooooooouble)

I think we should take the Harry Potter out of this...

^^^^What do you mean about more on Carly's side?