We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Season 2 never split

Huntley

[161]Jan 17, 2012
    • level: 4

Like a couple hours after posting it as evidence which showed how full of it he was, especially after posting a link where they say that they weren't associated with Nick whatsoever. That's when he admitted he forwarded to him and that's why they wrote that side note. He was trying to be sneaky here and I got him and told the people behind the website otherwise. It's funny because this person claims that Adriana Lemus messaged him within minutes after sending her a message, yet it's been two days since I wrote to her and got nothing. It's been days since I wrote to Marianne Romano and got nothing.

If anything, I'm glad Nick did what they did. They had 45 episodes of the show in one production season that was obviously twice as long as the amount of episodes they usually had in a season of a show.

Edited on 01/17/2012 10:01pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

marcdragicevic

[162]Jan 17, 2012
    • level: 21
    Ahh. Interesting evidence then. Nice work finding out though. At least that site is back to normal. Hopefully that drama doesn't happen again. Nick. people do seem very busy, take ages to respond to email. It's probably expected, but oh well.

Oh really, you're glad about that. I'm just not happy because of all the confusion that it caused. The only thing since that season is that the other seasons are way too short now.

Huntley

[163]Jan 18, 2012

The Nick people do seem busy so I found it suspicious he got his email response so quickly like not too long after sending it. I'm also suspecting Alec may not at all be the same person as KevinBrogers, Ruffman, and CheckerFred. Those three are the same for sure, but Alec I'm having second thoughts on at the moment.

Yeah, the season issue did cause a lot of confusion, but hey it's better off being split as it was intended then being a whole season. As you pointed out, the following two were extremely short. Just the thought of going from a season of 45 episodes, to a season with pretty much 10 episodes and then one with 12 is rather odd compared to going from a season with 25 to another with 20 and then to the shorter seasons. It doesn't look as bad.

Edited on 01/18/2012 12:49am

marcdragicevic

[164]Jan 18, 2012
    So he just made up the response from the nickelodeon person then? He might not be, don't know just yet. Yeah fair enough then on the last point.

Yeah probably I guess, I just wish everyone was in the same boat with all the episodes though. Like all the episodes in the same order and numbered correctly and that. Amazing shorter seasons than normal really. The same with Victorious. Yeah, it doesn't look as bad as it did. Life would be a dream if iCarly and Victorious had 7 Seasons and 25 episode for each. Making it a nice 150 episodes in total. How awesome would that be!! (I would wish it had 10 seasons like some sitcoms but it's unrealistic for a Nickleodon show. Don't want people to get sick of it like Spongebob Squarepants after so many episodes).

Ruffmanfan882

[165]Jan 18, 2012
    • level: 6
    The email I did get was the real email from Nick. I got the emails off the Nick Press release site.
    First I sent the email to Adrina.lemus@nick.com ;
    She Responded by saying this

We received your email about an iCarly concern. How may I help you?

(Please note my correct email address is Adriana.Lemus@Nick.com) Thank you,
    Adriana

So I sent the message I got again and she responded very quickly again She responded by saying
    Nickelodeon is currently airing episodes from season four of iCarly.

So I do not know why it's taking so long for you. I did send another email to a different person and they have not gotton back to me yet. As far as episodes that would be great if they do 150. Victorious has gotton some new writters I wonder if it is the same for iCarly as well.

marcdragicevic

[166]Jan 18, 2012
    It would be great if they got to 150. I think everyone wants that. I just hope the writers want that.

pscf3

[167]Jan 18, 2012
    • level: 16
    How many are there now( counting iToe Fat Cakes?).

marcdragicevic

[168]Jan 18, 2012
    95 episodes at the very moment, including iToe Fat Cakes. (Note counting the 4 part extended version of iParty With Victorious - the first aired version was 3 parts). If you don't count that, it's 94.

Anyway, the Victorious episode guide on wikipedia has mistakes in it. Some episodes are in the wrong seasons sadly. Huntley - Do you know how to fix this?

pscf3

[169]Jan 19, 2012
    • level: 16
    So 150-94= 54. No way there are 54 more episodes.

Huntley

[170]Jan 19, 2012

marcdragicevic wrote:
    So he just made up the response from the nickelodeon person then? He might not be, don't know just yet.
    That's what I was assuming, but if I don't get anything thing back then I'll be even more suspicious. But even with the email, we could get around the meaning since we have evidence to prove a broadcast cycle is different.

marcdragicevic wrote:
    Yeah probably I guess, I just wish everyone was in the same boat with all the episodes though. Like all the episodes in the same order and numbered correctly and that. Amazing shorter seasons than normal really. The same with Victorious.

Perhaps if Dan organized his schedule properly both shows could have managed having a full season of episodes each: (May to September for iCarly with 20+ episodes, November to April for Victorious with 20+ episodes). What gets in the way if the fact that he's too involved in the writing of the episodes of both shows that it slows time down a lot. Perhaps if he just let the writers of one show do their thing while the other is being filmed then things would pick up more.

marcdragicevic wrote:
    Yeah, it doesn't look as bad as it did. Life would be a dream if iCarly and Victorious had 7 Seasons and 25 episode for each. Making it a nice 150 episodes in total. How awesome would that be!! (I would wish it had 10 seasons like some sitcoms but it's unrealistic for a Nickleodon show. Don't want people to get sick of it like Spongebob Squarepants after so many episodes).

Spongebob is basically "The Simpsons" of Nickelodeon. That show's been on for almost 13 years and is still airing on there and a hit when all their other cartoons show lasted maybe a couple years and then was never heard from again. Prior to Spongebob there was "The Rugrats" and that lasted 13 years until it ended almost eight years ago. I wonder what will be Nick's next biggest cartoon show then Spongebob ends for good.

marcdragicevic wrote:
    95 episodes at the very moment, including iToe Fat Cakes. (Note counting the 4 part extended version of iParty With Victorious - the first aired version was 3 parts). If you don't count that, it's 94.

If we were to discard "iGo to Japan" and "iParty With Victorious" and consider them just movies, and count "iDate a Bad Boy", iFight Shelby Marx", "iQuit iCarly", "iPsycho", "iStar a Fan War", and "iStill Psycho" all as one episode then we would really have 82 episodes currently counting the "iToe Fatcakes" episode since we don't know what the other two are yet. Then it would really be 84 total. If Seasons 4 and 5 had 25 episodes each then this show would have been like in the 110s by the end of Season 5.

marcdragicevic wrote:
    Anyway, the Victorious episode guide on wikipedia has mistakes in it. Some episodes are in the wrong seasons sadly. Huntley - Do you know how to fix this?

It's basically only the Christmas Tori episode I see that's in the wrong season. It was included in the Season 3 listing but then got kicked out on behalf of what the Nick promo stated. But hey, they promoted "iDate Sam & Freddie" as the Season 5 premiere of "iCarly" but we didn't stick "iLost My Mind" in with Season 4 for good though a couple editors did do that for a very brief moment.

Edited on 01/19/2012 12:59pm
    Edited 3 total times.

marcdragicevic

[171]Jan 19, 2012
    pscf3 wrote:
    So 150-94= 54. No way there are 54 more episodes.

Ahh that's 56, not 54,

marcdragicevic

[172]Jan 19, 2012
    Huntley wrote:

marcdragicevic wrote:
    So he just made up the response from the nickelodeon person then? He might not be, don't know just yet.
    That's what I was assuming, but if I don't get anything thing back then I'll be even more suspicious. But even with the email, we could get around the meaning since we have evidence to prove a broadcast cycle is different.

marcdragicevic wrote:
    Yeah probably I guess, I just wish everyone was in the same boat with all the episodes though. Like all the episodes in the same order and numbered correctly and that. Amazing shorter seasons than normal really. The same with Victorious.

Perhaps if Dan organized his schedule properly both shows could have managed having a full season of episodes each: (May to September for iCarly with 20+ episodes, November to April for Victorious with 20+ episodes). What gets in the way if the fact that he's too involved in the writing of the episodes of both shows that it slows time down a lot. Perhaps if he just let the writers of one show do their thing while the other is being filmed then things would pick up more.

marcdragicevic wrote:
    Yeah, it doesn't look as bad as it did. Life would be a dream if iCarly and Victorious had 7 Seasons and 25 episode for each. Making it a nice 150 episodes in total. How awesome would that be!! (I would wish it had 10 seasons like some sitcoms but it's unrealistic for a Nickleodon show. Don't want people to get sick of it like Spongebob Squarepants after so many episodes).

Spongebob is basically "The Simpsons" of Nickelodeon. That show's been on for almost 13 years and is still airing on there and a hit when all their other cartoons show lasted maybe a couple years and then was never heard from again. Prior to Spongebob there was "The Rugrats" and that lasted 13 years until it ended almost eight years ago. I wonder what will be Nick's next biggest cartoon show then Spongebob ends for good.

marcdragicevic wrote:

If we were to discard "iGo to Japan" and "iParty With Victorious" and consider them just movies, and count "iDate a Bad Boy", iFight Shelby Marx", "iQuit iCarly", "iPsycho", "iStar a Fan War", and "iStill Psycho" all as one episode then we would really have 82 episodes currently counting the "iToe Fatcakes" episode since we don't know what the other two are yet. Then it would really be 84 total. If Seasons 4 and 5 had 25 episodes each then this show would have been like in the 110s by the end of Season 5.

marcdragicevic wrote:

It's basically only the Christmas Tori episode I see that's in the wrong season. It was included in the Season 3 listing but then got kicked out on behalf of what the Nick promo stated. But hey, they promoted "iDate Sam & Freddie" as the Season 5 premiere of "iCarly" but we didn't stick "iLost My Mind" in with Season 4 for good though a couple editors did do that for a very brief moment.

1: That's quite strange, oh well then.

2: That would probably work, but I'm not sure why he just doesn't do that for. Hopefully that would work, but it would probably be a bit harder.

3: Don't know. Everyone thinks Spongebob is old now, and starting to get sick of it. Kinda dragging on a bit.

4: Dan Schneider calls them double episodes as well. Not sure why people don't call them as single episode tv movies.

5: Yeah, someone needs to put the 'Christmas Tori' in the right season. The Nick promo was wrong, they advertised it as a new season later this month to grab more viewers. iTunes has it the right way. What really, iLost My Mind was def. Season 5 though, not Season 4. Nick. does lie in their promos. Are you going to put Christmas Tori in its right spot or?

Huntley

[173]Jan 19, 2012

2. The Simpsons is even older, and I'm hoping it stays on for a while longer.

3. Those episodes themselves are technically made up of two production episodes. So they're counted as a double episode.

4. I think I'll do that.

Edited on 01/19/2012 10:53pm

marcdragicevic

[174]Jan 19, 2012
    Yeah, I know that. Yeah fair enough then. They always have double production codes for them. Thanks a lot for that.

Huntley

[175]Jan 21, 2012

Bad news guys. AussieLegend apparently didn't show to be much help as I thought. He's trying to ignore the broadcast split (overlooking Dan's blog, discarding Nathan's interview) on apart to what sources say going by the production cycle. But Aussie has started a new discussion about it on the iCarly talk page on Wikipedia copying-and-pasting everything that was said between us on this talk page over on the talk page to get other people's input on the issue. That saves me from having to recite everything I had said as clear as the sun's fire. But I certainly will do that if I have to stick my sword out on a whole new level with this one. Oh boy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:List_of_iCarly_episodes#Request_for_Comment - Splitting_seasons

Edited on 01/21/2012 2:51am
    Edited 3 total times.

marcdragicevic

[176]Jan 21, 2012
    Damn, well that's not good news then. Yeah some people will ignore the broadcast split though. Fair enough though. Not sure who's fault it is though.

Wait - word to word? Does AussieLegend post on this iCarly forum or?

marcdragicevic

[177]Jan 21, 2012
    I think I read somewhere that AussieLegend doesn't even watch the show. Hmm that's surprising.

Huntley

[178]Jan 21, 2012

You got that right and he did say that. Kevinbrogers doesn't watch True Jackson but doesn't seem to be investigating the split of that second season. I mean, iCarly has more evidence regarding it's split then what True Jackson has on behalf of what iTunes and Amazon has it's episodes listed. It doesn't really matter to me but why is this being questioned with iCarly? They are eager to ignore the broadcast split especially when they're trying to misread what Dan said in his blog when he stated: "Recently, my Twitter and DanWarp gmail have been filled with iCarly questions about when the 2nd season ends, and when the 3rd one begins. Believe it or not, I kinda don't even know myself. Well, I do and I don't. I'll explain..." by assuming he was confused on the issue. But he clearly states: "We're in the 2nd season now. The 3rd season starts airing in a few weeks (with a new opening sequence)." Why would he say that if he was he confused? I've only pointed this out like ten times now? So in ties to what was said in the beginning, he was clearly unsure when the new airing season was to begin in and assumed it was to air in a few weeks into the month which ended up being a little over a week. Plus, why would Nathan say what he said if Dan wasn't even sure on it? That doesn't add up. What a fight this will be.

Edited on 01/21/2012 4:02am

marcdragicevic

[179]Jan 21, 2012
    Yeah, I thought so. Just wanted to make sure. Oh really, I'm still curious about the split of True Jackson VP. (I haven't got it split at the moment on my computer). Yeah, that's true. Not sure why with iCarly though. It will be an interesting one though. Dan should have the final word on it since it's his show.

Huntley

[180]Jan 21, 2012

Apparently he doesn't have a say on anything regarding his show. According to Alec, he was foolish enough to tell me that the fact that Dan titled the episode "iBloop 2: Electric Bloop-a-loo" in his blog doesn't matter because WEBSITES titled "Bloop-a-loo" without the hyphens in it. Huh?

Warren Leight intended the Law & Order: SVU episode "Lost Traveller" to be spelled just like that so that it had 13 letters like all the other episodes in the 13th season. NBC spelled it without the extra L in it. But luckily the episode is spelled just like that on it's episode list as to what Leight intended it to be, not how other websites had it spelled as. They're really making Dan the most unreliable thing here.

Edited on 01/21/2012 5:31am