We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Season 2 never split

Huntley

[201]Jan 21, 2012
    • level: 4

marcdragicevic wrote:
    Mistakes happen. Oh really, I wouldn't know though. Does this Kevin person actually watch the show or?
    Yes he watches it. Where else does he edit at?

Ruffmanfan882 wrote:

Huntley please just give him my email to contact him, I will tell him why I think it should stay.

Fine, but I hope I'm not going to get double-crossed here as much as I want to know your sudden reasoning for this.

Edited on 01/21/2012 8:04pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

marcdragicevic

[202]Jan 21, 2012
    • level: 21
    Not sure, but it just reminded me of the other person who edits this show but doesn't watch it. I mentioned him on the other page on this thread.

I just had a look, the 'AussieLegend' guy doesn't watch the show. Just reminded me of him.

Huntley

[203]Jan 21, 2012
    So I'm going to hunt for more sources to use. You guys can do the same and link them here for me to link over on the Wikipedia talk page, or you guys can do that yourselves if you want in on the discussion. Here's the link again:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:List_of_iCarly_episodes#Discussion

This needs to end once and for all.

marcdragicevic

[204]Jan 21, 2012
    Okay then. I'll try and find some then. Also have you fixed the Victorious episode guide yet?

Huntley

[205]Jan 21, 2012
    Not yet. I got my hands full with iCarly at the moment. I want to get that out the way before I move onto the Victorious episode list.

marcdragicevic

[206]Jan 22, 2012
    Oh okay then, take your time then. The iCarly episode guide does have a lot of issues at the moment.

Huntley

[207]Jan 22, 2012

Yep. So how are you coming a long with your sources? I just tweeted Dan for like the 3rd time for something but I doubt that's going to do anything. I'm still trying to dig up something else.

It's funny because remember the Nick press release statement of "iLove iCarly Collection" DVD I linked where it referenced the broadcast Seasons 2 and 3 where all the episodes listed being on the set are that of the 2xx coding? Well, Aussie and then Kevin were saying that it was "original research" because the release didn't quite list which episode belonged in with each season. The fact that the episodes have either the "Season 2" or "Season 3" intros (as I pointed out) that's enough to separate the episodes isn't good enough for them. I just want to smack them. How specific do you need to get here? Gee, talk about the obvious.

Edited on 01/22/2012 12:29pm

marcdragicevic

[208]Jan 22, 2012
    Haven't quite found some good ones just yet. I might have a look at iTunes, they way they have done it. I'll find something though. Jesus Christ, oh well. It's a very complicated issue, but some people will refuse to accept it though. I'll try dig something up though to end the issue. We'll see.

Ruffmanfan882

[209]Jan 22, 2012
    • level: 6
    I do feel that somewhere it might be still season 4. But does it really matter on how the sites do it. Some say were in season 4 and some say were in season 5 going into season 6. As for Wikipedia I do get what they are going by. if they want to go by the Regular Dvd releases then just let them. its not going to ge the end of the world. If wikipedia does end up decides to but seaon 2 you won't be able to keep reverting the edits, it will just be left at that. On tv.com awhile ago we were going to just have season 4 as 26 episodes but for what ever reason didn't do that. We went ahead and put it in as season 5.

It's possible that they just got tired of having the same old clips and decided to update them. Shows update intros in the middle of a season all the time. Some even change the song. I had a simmullar problem with AussieLegend. I wanted to put in the season 6 of FETCH! table on the episode page, so it was ready for the next season. He did not want me to do that, even though I hid it on the site so it would be ready. About 4 months later the show was cancelled due to the lack of fuding. Well he came back to me and told me thats why I should not add that, and told me that I though that it was a go. it turned out a bit differently. For the iCarly wiki they seem to just want to go that way.

One more thing. the iCarly wiki, Nick and more, IMDB, tv.com, Nickutopia, BSCkids, tvrange and others are fan add content sites. The fans add the content and decided what goes. Now tv.com they are not a reliable source to Wikipedia any more since its a submitted content from fans of the shows.

Wikipedia is more of a site that has to go by what the main sources say and not what the fans want it to say. Sure you can add what ever but they have the final say in it.

Huntley

[210]Jan 22, 2012

Well Wikipedia hasn't had an issue with this until now and it's better off being like that. Sure, the sources I provided might not be good enough for it's standards but that doesn't give them to right to say that the split itself didn't happen because of it. Dan's blog, Nathan's interview and the Nick press release is enough to clarify this is the case. Kevin and Alec are asking for too much for what it's worth and we are not going to confuse people by reverting that list the way they want it to be to make it seem like this broadcast split didn't happen.

Sure, intros to TV shows can be changed halfway through their seasons; but this is a normal season of episodes in their cases and this change is occurring after only during half a season cycle. iCarly had a season production of 45 and aired 25 episodes of them with one intro for a whole year. Then it returned after a month and a week gap in September 2009 with a whole new opening that lasted for the rest of the episodes. Now Dan would normally tweak an opening during the season, not completely change it unless there was a new airing season coming about. With Season 2, there were 20 episodes left to air and the network had set for them to over the course of the 2009-2010 season. Dan stated that they were calling this the third airing season, and since it was marketed as a new airing season, he wanted it to look like one by giving these episodes a new opening sequence. So no he didn't make it for the heck of it. Kevin and Alec want it to look that way, but it's clearly not the case.

Alec tried to pull of an excuse on behalf of opening intros not always indicating a new season saying that "iSam's Mom" would have been labeled as the premiere of it's new season. Well as I told him, "iGot a Hot Room" obviously was not a season by itself. The only reason why that episode had the intro it did was because not enough episodes of the new season were shot to make a whole new opening. So he had to use the "Season 3" intro but include Season 4 clips in it to let people know it was a new season until the next episode aired where he would have made the actual Season 4 opening. But other than that, he only tweaks openings for a season after an official opening of it was already made and shown. He would have likely did that for the last 20 episodes from the Season 2 production if the network did not issue them to market them as a new airing season. Not completely change at the right time a new season would begin in anyway for it to look like a new airing season if it wasn't intended to be.

Edited on 01/22/2012 6:54pm

Ruffmanfan882

[211]Jan 22, 2012
    Guess will just have to see what the vote comes to then,

Also Huntley on the episode page of Wikipedia can you change Season 5 episodes from 13 episodes to 11 episodes and close out the season with the end dat of Janurary 21 2012 and in season 6 change 13 to TBA for right now because we don't know if there are going to be 15 or more episodes for next season, thanks. iToe Fat Cakes was the las episode for the season.

pscf3

[212]Jan 22, 2012
    • level: 16
    I added my two cents to the talk page.

Huntley

[213]Jan 22, 2012

Ruffmanfan882 wrote:
    Guess will just have to see what the vote comes to then, Also Huntley on the episode page of Wikipedia can you change Season 5 episodes from 13 episodes to 11 episodes and close out the season with the end dat of Janurary 21 2012 and in season 6 change 13 to TBA for right now because we don't know if there are going to be 15 or more episodes for next season, thanks. iToe Fat Cakes was the las episode for the season.

We don't know for sure. There may be a couple more episodes somewhere to air so until then we have keep the season table open if there are more episodes.

Also, I couldn't help but notice that you recited something Kevinbrogers said. The statement you made above when you said: "It's possible that they just got tired of having the same old clips and decided to update them. Shows update intros in the middle of a season all the time. Some even change the song." is exactly what he said to me when he said this: "The theme song actually doesn't matter. It's possible that they just got tired of having the same old clips and decided to update them. Shows update intros in the middle of a season all the time. Some even change the song. Saying that they updated the intro because of a new season is pure original research, and we shouldn't base an argument on that."

pscf3 wrote:

Just looked it over after editing my two cents. Nice response there.

Edited on 01/22/2012 7:47pm

Ruffmanfan882

[214]Jan 22, 2012
    Huntley wrote:

Ruffmanfan882 wrote:
    Guess will just have to see what the vote comes to then, Also Huntley on the episode page of Wikipedia can you change Season 5 episodes from 13 episodes to 11 episodes and close out the season with the end dat of Janurary 21 2012 and in season 6 change 13 to TBA for right now because we don't know if there are going to be 15 or more episodes for next season, thanks. iToe Fat Cakes was the las episode for the season.

We don't know for sure. There may be a couple more episodes somewhere to air so until then we have keep the season table open if there are more episodes.

Also, I couldn't help but notice that you recited something Kevinbrogers said. The statement you made above when you said: "It's possible that they just got tired of having the same old clips and decided to update them. Shows update intros in the middle of a season all the time. Some even change the song." is exactly what he said to me when he said this: "The theme song actually doesn't matter. It's possible that they just got tired of having the same old clips and decided to update them. Shows update intros in the middle of a season all the time. Some even change the song. Saying that they updated the intro because of a new season is pure original research, and we shouldn't base an argument on that."

pscf3 wrote:

Just looked it over after editing my two cents. Nice response there.

I did copy it. In somewaysd I gree with them but not 100% I had the same thought anyway.

On iToe Fate Cakes as the last episode for the season look at this.
    Dan only produced 11 or 12 episodes this time around. season 4. If you can change it on wikipedia that would be great. ■401 May 2 ■402 May 9 ■403 May 16 (could have taken this week of because of Mempthis) ■404 May 23 ■405 May 30 (Could have had this week off) ■406 Jun. 6 ■407 Jun. 13 ■408 Jun. 20 ■409 Jun. 27 ■410 Jul. 4 iToe Fate cakes was filmed
    ■411 Jul. 11 or the week of the 18 (Miranda Left at the end of the week) iBloop 2 was filmed ■412 Jul. 18 12 does not exsit because of the week off

They finished taping for the season on Jully 22 Also Noah http://www.facebook.com/noahBmunck/posts/10150410593663270. (Might have top log in though) Said that they will shoot more than 13 episodes So Season 5 will have 11 or 12 episodes (most likely 11 episodes) Season 6 production season 5 will have at least 15 episodes or even more Also according to Dan iCarly and Victorious will be in production at the same time now. iCarly is due back in production Jan. 23 this was confirmed by Miranda, Nathan and Noah and Dan

Huntley

[215]Jan 22, 2012
    They were on set during the week of July 18-22 week because Dan uploaded a video during that week and Miranda wasn't present. There has to be at least one more episode to air.

marcdragicevic

[216]Jan 22, 2012
    I've just changed the show to 'returning series' to 'hiatus' by the way. You sure? I'll try and look for some information if that episode does exist. Do you have a link to this video?

Huntley

[217]Jan 22, 2012

This was on July 22, 2011:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bP8jKs09Y88&list=UUYMs9CKScLfQnSHsJqfnztQ&index=30&feature=plcp

I had no idea you were a mod. I kind of figured that when I could post in your "Official Episode List" thread. So did you find any useful links we could use for Wikipedia?

Edited on 01/22/2012 8:41pm

marcdragicevic

[218]Jan 22, 2012
    Thanks for the youtube link.

Remember the link I gave you on the other page about what Nathan said about which season it is. CleverTV which also had Nathan on it, he said it was Season 5. I'll get them both in a few moments.

marcdragicevic

[219]Jan 22, 2012
    That episode was 'iBalls.' Spencer's assistant was in that video.

marcdragicevic

[220]Jan 22, 2012
    That's one from Clever TV. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_Tpz2YUxZA