We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Season 2 never split

Huntley

[221]Jan 22, 2012
    • level: 4

marcdragicevic wrote:
    That episode was 'iBalls.' Spencer's assistant was in that video.

It's been a while since I looked at it. I just remember seeing it at the time it was uploaded. It sure explains Miranda's absence in it for the most part.

marcdragicevic wrote:
    That's one from Clever TV. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_Tpz2YUxZA

I posted that one. Nathan never says the season name, one of the lady interviewers do. I just pointed out that Nathan doesn't correct them if there wasn't a broadcast cycle. There was also another one I provided from a year before where a male interviewer mentions "Season 4" and again, Nathan doesn't correct him and says that it was actually Season 3 because he's aware of the issue as he put out during his interview with the Star Scoop explaining how that huge second season production was being counted as two seasons.

Edited on 01/22/2012 9:11pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

marcdragicevic

[222]Jan 22, 2012
    • level: 21
    I'm glad you understand. Oh right then. Interesting that. Did you find the other Nathan link I or you posted on the other page?

Huntley

[223]Jan 22, 2012
    I found all of them. You helped me get to the one where he talks with the Star Scoop because I was finding an entirely different one for you where he talks about how they were pushing for 45 episodes in the second season production.

marcdragicevic

[224]Jan 22, 2012
    Yeah. I was talking about the Star Scoop one. Have you posted that link on the wikipedia page where Nathan explains the broadcast/production season.

Huntley

[225]Jan 22, 2012

Yep and that one is mostly being ignored by Kevin and Alec. Aussie tried to get around it, but used it for other members to comment on. Pscf3 mentioned it and Kevin didn't say anything about it but went for the "iLove iCarly Collection" DVD release statement by the press and the fact that episodes aren't listed by their production order.

Anyhow, regarding the number of episodes left this season there has to be at least one more. I went back to the calendar and counted the 13 week production from May 2, 2011. It would have ended at July 29, but Miranda left for tour two weeks before and they wrapped up on July 22. That leaves only 12 weeks of filming and 11 episodes had aired. However, "iStill Psycho" was probably shot all in the same week (I don't think this one should have taken two weeks to do). So there might actually be two episodes left at all.

I don't think Nick should have aired out the last five episodes so quickly. "iMeet the First Lady" should have been the only one this month, and the other two that aired and the last remaining one or two should have been held until February-March.

Edited on 01/22/2012 9:39pm
    Edited 2 total times.

marcdragicevic

[226]Jan 22, 2012
    It shouldn't be ignored by them though. It's from a cast member though. Hmm, I still think 'iStill Psycho' took 2 weeks to film though. That's probably why. Don't know.

I'm glad they aired some new episodes. They had a break between after 'iQ.' Was ages without an episode though.

Huntley

[227]Jan 22, 2012

The way Kevin and Alec are ignoring is they're not saying anything on behalf of it yet. Aussie's the only one that did, and he's used the excuse that he was a cast member to make it a waste of a source. I just pointed out Nathan's interviews again so I want to hear something from them in their next response.

Yeah, it was good to get new episodes, but that just shortened down the rest of the season that the next one may begin within three months tops. That's the soonest any season has began. Last season, we had seven episodes that aired from July 2010 to November 2010. The next three episodes aired over the course of February, March, and April until the "Victorious" crossover special in June. Perhaps to fill in the space of the next few months since there was more episodes this season, "iStill Psycho" should have aired in December, followed by "iMeet the First Lady" this month. "iBloop 2", "iBalls", "iToe Fatcakes" and whatever two episodes are left would have been saved until March to air until either April or May.

Edited on 01/22/2012 10:05pm

marcdragicevic

[228]Jan 22, 2012

Nathan Kress should be good enough for them though. Nick. shouldn't - they lie in their promos. (I feel, or they make mistakes).

Don't know, it won't be for a while yet. That's for sure. Hmm maybe though. There should have been 20 episodes this season to start with, and they wouldn't have had this problem at all. The lack of episodes just make it more difficult really. Nick. should really put the 4 part extended version of iParty With Victorious on iTunes though.

In my next post, I'll tell you when I would have put the episodes in what months.

Edited on 01/22/2012 10:09pm

marcdragicevic

[229]Jan 22, 2012
    Actual Date: iQ - 1st of October 2011

Dates I think - (Maybe just one a month since they had a low episode supply).

iBloop 2 - Electric Bloopaloo: 1st of November 2011
    iStill Psycho: 1st of December 2011
    iBalls - 11th of January 2012
    iMeet the First Lady - 15th of February 2012
    iToe Fat Cakes - 20th of March 2012.

Huntley

[230]Jan 22, 2012

marcdragicevic wrote:

Nathan Kress should be good enough for them though. Nick. shouldn't - they lie in their promos. (I feel, or they make mistakes).

Don't know, it won't be for a while yet. That's for sure. Hmm maybe though. There should have been 20 episodes this season to start with, and they wouldn't have had this problem at all. The lack of episodes just make it more difficult really.

Well Miranda's leave for tour kind of messed up the chance of them shooting any further. Had she not had that tour they could have gone through the whole summer and shot at least 20 episodes.

marcdragicevic wrote:
    Actual Date: iQ - 1st of October 2011

Dates I think - (Maybe just one a month since they had a low episode supply).

iBloop 2 - Electric Bloopaloo: 1st of November 2011
    iStill Psycho: 1st of December 2011
    iBalls - 11th of January 2012
    iMeet the First Lady - 15th of February 2012
    iToe Fat Cakes - 20th of March 2012.

Here's mine:

iStill Psycho - December 2011

iMeet the First Lady - January 2012

iBalls - March 2012

iToe Fatcakes - March 2012

Unknown Episode - April 2012

Unknown Episode - April 2012

iBloop 2 - May 2012

Edited on 01/22/2012 10:49pm
    Edited 2 total times.

marcdragicevic

[231]Jan 22, 2012
    Maybe I don't known yet.

Oh, I would have put them in production order as well to start with. I forgot about that. Nick. needs a huge re-ramp with their schedule.

Some people want episodes like at least every 2 weeks. I'm kinda the same, I just want heaps and heaps of new episodes of iCarly before the actors wanna move on.

Huntley

[232]Jan 22, 2012
    I didn't put my list in production order. I just put "iBloop 2" at the end since it just fits better being the last episode of the season to air. That's how "iBloop" should have aired, at the very end of it's season.

marcdragicevic

[233]Jan 22, 2012
    Oh. Didn't realise that. Yeah, it should be at the end of the season. Disappointed with this year's bloopers anyhow. Hopefully Christopher Cane never comes back. (That's harsh but didn't like the episode because of him),

Ruffmanfan882

[234]Jan 23, 2012
    • level: 6
    I know they were filling the week of July 18. I put 12 down because I did not know what week they had off. So iToe Fate Cakes is the last episode. Also iMeet the first lady was filmed the week of June 13 and the production code is 406. They had a break sometime in may. iBloop 2 was filmed the week of the 18 which is 411

Huntley

[235]Jan 23, 2012

I too was disappointed by the new blooper episode. The first one was a lot better. I think I can see why Nick aired that one so soon because of the "Victorious" blooper episode. I could have sworn Dan said something about them airing on the same day. Oh well. Anyone still wanting to throw their two cents into the Wikipedia debate? Marc, how about you? You've been a good supporter in all of this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:List_of_iCarly_episodes#Discussion_relating_to_the_RfC

So far I've gotten two votes. Kevin and Alec got one. Overall the decision to merge "Season 2 and 3" has four votes (with Aussie included) and the decision to leave it split has three votes. It amazes me how people who do support the merge still managed to overlook things no matter how many times I gotten through their issues.

Edited on 01/23/2012 1:48pm

teenj12

[236]Jan 23, 2012
    • level: 26
    I believe it was split.

pscf3

[237]Jan 23, 2012
    • level: 16
    Where can I "vote"?

teenj12

[238]Jan 23, 2012
    • level: 26
    pscf3 wrote:
    Where can I "vote"?

Huntley

[239]Jan 23, 2012

teenj12 wrote:
    I believe it was split.

It was and there's enough evidence to prove otherwise. The people who are opposing at Wikipedia are trying to discard that aside because it doesn't hold up to it's standards. But where was all of this commotion two years ago when this issue was settled? A few press releases and sources that since referred to the production cycle that's now being made a big deal of is just ridiculous now.

pscf3 wrote:
    Where can I "vote"?
    You already did when you wrote your comment. That's where I was getting at with the "voting" term. Kevinbrogers replied to you, so I think you may want to reply to him back if you wish.

Edited on 01/23/2012 2:27pm

marcdragicevic

[240]Jan 23, 2012
    What type of source do I have to find for them to believe the Season 2 Production was split into 2 broadcast seasons?