We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Season 2 never split

Huntley

[281]Jan 28, 2012
    • level: 4

I just started a Season 6 page on Wikipedia and added "iGot Jungle Worms" on it along with some season info and stuff. I also came across something from memory regarding "Season 3". Remember when I was sharing how Kevin and Alec were saying that a new opening credits don't indicate a new season? Well, here's a Fun Fact blog entry of Dan's from the day "iLost My Mind" aired that he posted hours before the episode actually aired discussing spoilers and stuff: http://danwarp.blogspot.com/2011/08/fun-facts-ilost-my-mind.html. In the "New Opening Credits" column, he clearly states that each time there's a new season, there's a new opening credits. I just shared this on the Talk Page.

So there you have it, the opening credits did indicate a new season. But we of course already knew that the fact that it was made in the first place. As I stated, I don't see why Dan would want to mislead viewers into thinking it was a new season if it wasn't authorized to be so. Plus, Dan even stated himself that the network was calling these remaining Season 2 production episodes the "third season" anyway, Nathan before hand talked about it, the Nick press themselves referenced it in 2011, and so then Miranda eight months later in 2012. Luckily I haven't seen either Kevin or Alec in a couple days now. It's just been Aussie and I lately and he didn't mention anything on behalf of the opening credits. He just blew over all my evidence on behalf of sources saying a fifth season was being made and airing this year and that a production labeled season is how the airing season should be labeled. So he's just ignoring all the evidence indicating a broadcast split from Dan, the cast members, and trying to get around the Nick press release due to the fact it didn't list all those Season 2 production episodes belonging in which broadcast season. Seriously? Which one has the Season 2 intro or the "Season 3" one? I pointed that out to him.

He also wanted sources that indicated "iThink They Kissed" was the Season 3 premiere. We really don't need that at all due to the new opening intro it had. But I provided a blog entry source from October 2009 where Dan talks about that episode being the premiere when he responds to a user regarding the ratings between the Season 3 premiere of "iCarly" with the Season 3 premiere of "Wizards of Waverly Place": http://danwarp.blogspot.com/2009/10/ratings-vs-ratings.html. I'm currently waiting for his response regarding the 2011 blog entry on "iLost My Mind" regarding Dan only making a new opening when there's a new season.

Edited on 01/28/2012 1:23pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Ruffmanfan882

[282]Jan 28, 2012
    • level: 6

Alec2011 reverted the season 6 page. She does not like it for some reason. Also she does not like production codes. This editor has problems. I would get back there but it looks like I won't be able to untill march.

Edited on 01/28/2012 4:24pm

Huntley

[283]Jan 28, 2012

I was kind of worried when I was making it because of Aussie and Alec. They don't agree with the split issue so yeah, they're going to revert things when it comes to a "Season 6". I still haven't seen a response from anyone yet on the Talk Page. I also noticed a new user voted for there to be a merge. So this Alec person is a she? Well she's sort of calmed down a bit but Aussie is really getting on my nerves. To think I had the nerve to reach out to him in the first place and get him involved in all of this and he doesn't even watch the show. This is going to be a problem when it comes to making that Season 6 page and episode table.

But anyhow, I just been blocked from editing temporarily by a user named Moonriddengirl over something I didn't do. I was accused of copying the plot of the "iGot Jungle Worms" episodes from an MTV website that there was some warning over. I never saw this "warning" and all I did was move the episode from the Season 5 page over to the Season 6 page. It was already copied to begin with. Wait until I get unblocked so I can scream at this person. I tried to log out and edit using my IP address to do that but I'm still blocked. So I won't be able to edit for a few hours. If anyone is willing to change the "Season 6: 2012" notice Aussie made from "In April 2011, iCarly was renewed for a fifth season to air in 2012" to "In April 2011, iCarly was renewed for a fifth production season to air in 2012. This will air as the broadcast sixth season" I would appreciate it. It was fine for a while with the latter until I added the reference link to Miranda's twitter comment there. I may added it back though because Miranda's word does count when it comes to the seasons.

Edited on 01/28/2012 7:23pm
    Edited 3 total times.

marcdragicevic

[284]Jan 28, 2012
    • level: 21
    Ruffmanfan882 wrote:

Alec2011 reverted the season 6 page. She does not like it for some reason. Also she does not like production codes. This editor has problems. I would get back there but it looks like I won't be able to untill march.

Why won't you be able to post there until March?

Ruffmanfan882

[285]Jan 29, 2012

marcdragicevic wrote:
    Ruffmanfan882 wrote:

Why won't you be able to post there until March?

My home ip is blocked for 5 years, work ip is blocked for 2 years and school ip is blocked untill march. All the ips have been hard blocked, so I can not edit with any account. I think I should be back in March but I will have to be carefull. I want to help the iCarly page but I am a bit at risk on there. I have had a problem on there and no one is beliving me

Huntley Tell me about it, I have had trouble with Aussie since I ever began Wikipedia. He is not easy to work with. As far as the Merge I think its going to happen by the looks of it. Pkus you or someone is going to have to lower the episodes in season 5 to 11 and put the end date.

About the block, I looked at the season 5 page, it was added by another user before you transfered it. As far as the first warning I don't see it eathier. you can do an unblock request and explain put this one the page {{unblock|reason=Your reason here ~~~~}} and explain what happened, it only about 4 more hours, so maybe it wouldn't be worth it.

Edited on 01/29/2012 1:21pm

marcdragicevic

[286]Jan 29, 2012
    That's horrible, not sure why all the ip addresses have been blocked though. Did they give you a reason though?

Huntley

[287]Jan 29, 2012

Ruffmann, I've been unblocked hours ago and gave Moonriddengirl a good talking too. Don't worry, I was quite firm and didn't say anything horrible or anything. I just explained that whole ordeal. This user did too tell me about requesting an unblock which I did try to do but couldn't follow the steps. So I just waited until I was able to edit again.

Now for the episode list, as far as I'm concern it's not changing as long as I'm around after all the evidence I provided. I wish I never brought Aussie into this in the first place. Ruffmann, you never should have told me about him. But I think this whole thing is my fault really. I'm the one who told Kevinbrogers about there being a Season 6 in 2012 after some one tried to add the section back in December. Kevin wasn't convinced a sixth season existed because he was convinced the episodes about to be shot were still part of "Season 5". I told him that production on that ended back in July. So that's what led to the "Season 6" discussion and he later came about the whole Season 2 and 3 situation where all those episodes were all part of one production season, which started the whole talk page discussion on it. So this whole thing pretty much falls back on me and here I am trying to fix it.

Edited on 01/29/2012 6:30pm

Ruffmanfan882

[288]Jan 29, 2012
    marcdragicevic wrote:
    That's horrible, not sure why all the ip addresses have been blocked though. Did they give you a reason though?

They say I am a sock of an account that I never created. Also there blaming someone else to that I am friends on facebook with and he did not create it eathier. It's a long story.

Huntley, I looked at the hours wrong on the block. I know I should have never told you about aussie, I kind of forgot he was not easy to edit with, I quickly glanced and looked like he got better. Back when season 2 was airing I was trying to get it into one season because I did not belive it. But now there are somethings That I agree where in season season and somethings were no. I just wish Dan could do another blog or a production update or something and confirm it.

If they make they change now its going to mess things up on sites like tv.com, iCarly wiki, youtube videos, and other sites. Unless we all agree to combine season 5 with production season 4 and 5.

Huntley

[289]Jan 29, 2012
    Not really. Seasons 4 and 5 have different production numbers as a result of being produced so far apart from each other (that make up the whole 26-episode order of Season 4). So because of that, they became two different production seasons meant to air as two different seasons. There's no merging those two together.

Ruffmanfan882

[290]Jan 29, 2012

Okay, I emailed Dan this is what I said What season is iCarly are we currently in (Airing Wise) Was season 2 ever split? Can you do another blog with the information. Stars have said we going into season 6 and other sources say were in season 5. Whats going on here? Can you provide us an update of all the episodes in Airing order in what season. I also added the email I used for the others hopefully I will get a response. I sent this using my checker Fred email

Edited on 01/29/2012 7:09pm

marcdragicevic

[291]Jan 29, 2012
    Ruffmanfan882 wrote:
    marcdragicevic wrote:

They say I am a sock of an account that I never created. Also there blaming someone else to that I am friends on facebook with and he did not create it eathier. It's a long story.

That's weird as. Not sure what they are talking about though.

Huntley

[292]Jan 29, 2012
    Ruffmanfan882 wrote:

Okay, I emailed Dan this is what I said What season is iCarly are we currently in (Airing Wise) Was season 2 ever split? Can you do another blog with the information. Stars have said we going into season 6 and other sources say were in season 5. Whats going on here? Can you provide us an update of all the episodes in Airing order in what season. I also added the email I used for the others hopefully I will get a response. I sent this using my checker Fred email

I don't think that was necessary to contact Dan considering he wrote a blog supporting the split. The starts obviously wouldn't have said "Season 6" if they didn't hear it from him or the other production crew members. But obviously Dan would know the most. Another update from him would be nice, but at the same time it wouldn't really be much.

Ruffmanfan882

[293]Jan 31, 2012
    Huntley_ for this Edit http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=List_of_iCarly_episodes&diff=474120469&oldid=474120022 They have to say season 5 because its refering to production season 5. Not the airing season. There a difference for this. Maybe you could add production season In April 2011, iCarly was renewed for a fifth Production season to air in 2012. Instead.

For this they have to go with what the refference says.

Huntley

[294]Feb 1, 2012

I just changed it. Hopefully they won't change this considering it was originally "iCarly has been renewed for a fifth production season, that will air as the broadcast sixth season in 2012" before it got reverted when I added in Miranda's tweet to support that it was airing as Season 6, even though it's obvious anyway due to the split. The Talk Page has been dead lately. No one has been writing on it since I made that response to Aussie and I've been waiting for him to respond back for five days now.

Edited on 02/01/2012 2:24pm

pscf3

[295]Feb 1, 2012
    • level: 16
    That's good then, I guess.

marcdragicevic

[296]Feb 1, 2012
    Huntley wrote:

The Talk Page has been dead lately. No one has been writing on it since I made that response to Aussie and I've been waiting for him to respond back for five days now.

Maybe they are trying to think of a good response back.

Huntley

[297]Feb 1, 2012
    That could be it. I think I gave a pretty good debate on behalf of our defense guys. I spoke a mouthful on there and was going to prove my point. It's amazing how Kevin kept misunderstanding things nonstop such as Dan's blog just to support the fact that there was no broadcast cycle apart from what other sources were saying using the production one. Aussie also reverted my edit and wrote something regarding that on my talk place. I'm not surprised there. Now I'm going to write back on his page regarding that.

marcdragicevic

[298]Feb 1, 2012
    Would most likely be it. If it isn't, then who knows why they aren't responding then. Dan's blog is pretty reliable though. Is Aussie a moderator or something. What edit was this?

Huntley

[299]Feb 1, 2012
    Aussie is not a moderator. He's just one of the apparent "toughies" on there. This issue involved the "season 6: 2012" section on the iCarly episode list page where a note was written with a link that in April 2011, the show was renewed for a fifth season. First I had it "iCarly has been renewed for a fifth production season, that will air as the broadcast sixth season in 2012". I added in Miranda's tweet a few days later next to the sixth season info piece and Aussie reverted that due to me not being allowed to use a Source A and B to make out a connective statement of the two. So it was now just reading that the show was renewed for a fifth season. I put that would air as the sixth season back and was reverted by Alec. I then put fifth production season to avoid confusion of other editors putting "sixth" season and Aussie changed that.

marcdragicevic

[300]Feb 2, 2012
    Oh really, odd then. I wonder how he could have reverted the edit in the first place then. He did it again, not good.