We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Season 2 never split

Ruffmanfan882

[321]Feb 4, 2012
    • level: 6
    I am just going to do let the site do what they want any way. Every site is different and they can just do it how they want to. Some parts of me just say season 2 was not split and some part say it was. Anyway Wikipedia will most likly change this anyway.

Since were just going count this thread as season 6 here mine as well just lock it now. This was to just see if anyone wanted to change it here. But it seems like no site wants to go through the work and change it. Wikipedia on the other had is an information site so it kinda does have to go by the production anyway. Just go ahead and lock the tread since we not changing it here
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Huntley

[322]Feb 4, 2012
    • level: 4

As I've said before, I'm not going to let it change on Wikipedia. The fact that no one's been saying anything lately and that the user I spoke to regarding why he thought the seasons should merge (regarding the production codes being the same) not saying anything back, this is a good thing. I'm concerned about the people who go to Wikipedia for information. They are familiar with the split and how everything was, so how confusing will it be for them to see how things are looking now with the merged seasons? We have evidence that says a split happened so we can't just discard that and make it seem like it never happened or didn't actually happen because some sources label the airing seasons by their production season cycle label.

Edited on 02/04/2012 2:24pm

Ruffmanfan882

[323]Feb 4, 2012
    Like I said its not up to you, its up to the admins on Wikipedia have to make the decision on this. There they ones who control all of the pages. The evidence you have on there is not up to thier standers. The user you messaged on Wikipedia is not responding because they want to merge the page, They all have been on the site for 4 or more yours and you have been editing for 2 yeares with 2,301 edits. Every one esle has more than 8,000 edits on the site. They don't care about thet stuff. They want stuff from the network, which is saying were going into season 5. Mtv just said this iCarly facebook just changed it to season 5. Sorry but you have not controll over this. If you just keep reverting after they merge it they can will just block you indefinite .

Huntley

[324]Feb 4, 2012

It's not up to me but I'm going to fight to keep it the way it is. The evidence I have defending it may not hold up to their standards but that doesn't give them the right to say that it didn't happen. They likely stopped talking because they didn't have anything else to say because of how carried out the discussion had gotten. Plus, Jonadin (the user I responded to) wanted the page to merge under reasons he didn't quite understand regarding the production codes. He wasn't even one of the main discussers anyway and was just some one on there for a single time to vote for a merge or split. I'm going to keep fighting this to make sure a merge doesn't happen so I don't have to revert it if it does get merged. And what does how long they've been on there and many edits they have compared to what I got have to do with this? This is all about understanding how to settle this situation. And to correct you I've been on there for three years, since January 2009. Let's see where the main people stand:

Alec was on there since May 2008

Kevinbrogers was on there since July 2008

Aussie's been on there since November 2005

So I don't see where you got this whole "four to eight years" thing from. It was more like nearly four to six years with them. Plus Jonadin was on there since December 2011. So I don't know why you were making it seem like he was there before me. But I had showed up not too long after Kevin and Alec were there so them being on there a bit longer doesn't make them better than me. They might be held on to Wiki's standards hard enough but they clearly did not understand the circumstances regarding the issue with iCarly and at times were trying countless times to get around the info I provided to help support the fact that the Season 2 production episodes were split off into two airing seasons, especially an interview by Nathan and a Nick press release referencing it in May 2011. Now I'm not sure what you mean by "Mtv just said this iCarly facebook just changed it to season 5" because I don't recall the iCarly facebook ever having an episode list on there.

Edited on 02/04/2012 3:21pm
    Edited 5 total times.

Ruffmanfan882

[325]Feb 4, 2012
    Editors can come to main discussers anyway no matter if they came there for what ever reason. Okay I miss looked at the edors on years and I was thinking it was 2013 for whatever reason. They don't want interivews or blogs. they want information that can support it. I season 2 and 3 press releases is only one source that says it was split and the rest say it wasn't. the iCarly facebook updated there season on the facebook page. This is the link where MTV says season 5 http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1678042/one-direction-icarly.jhtml. I am getting this thread locked anyway since this was for tv.com in the first place. We have gone way off topic and got into Wikipedia and we should really be talking about this site. We have decided here to keep it the same.

I would suggest to maybe get some admins there like
    MuZemike
    Beeblebrox
    C.Fred or some others on the site

Huntley

[326]Feb 4, 2012

I know what MTV said, but there was also what you had said regarding what that Spin or Bin music company said saying Season 6 and what Miranda said saying Season 6, both on behalf of how it's going to air as. It's a confusing situation but the use of the production labels don't discard the airing season cycle. I know we dragged on Wikipedia into the discussion, but isn't this how you started this thread anyway because of what was said on this show's talk page? If you ask me Dan's blogs in general and the Nathan interview are reliable enough because it's from the people who work on the show and would know about the situation more. The network people are never going to say anything out-front and only have their press to talk for them. And as far as I'm concern, we have a press article eight months ago referencing it, listing all 2xx coding episodes on a DVD collection set and I quote for their statement: "From Season 2 and Season 3" which wouldn't make sense by itself it wasn't for Dan's blog or Nathan's interview going further into it. They had a press article prior to this one on behalf of the show being renewed the fifth season to air in 2012 and stated how the "fourth season" was going to start in May 2011.

Edited on 02/04/2012 4:10pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Ruffmanfan882

[327]Feb 4, 2012

I think I got some help on the issue. I will see if I get a reply. I guess I some what did but that was to see about something else anyway.

Edited on 02/04/2012 4:19pm

marcdragicevic

[328]Feb 4, 2012
    • level: 21
    Since the creator of this thread wants this thread locked, I'll lock it.