We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Season 2 never split

marcdragicevic

[101]Jan 15, 2012
    • level: 21
    Ruffmanfan882 wrote:
    They call it season 4 b because season 4 was supposed to have 26 episodes and as 2 different production codes.

Who said Season 4 was supposed to have 26 episodes?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

marcdragicevic

[102]Jan 15, 2012
    Anyway, every iCarly episode guide needs to be on the same page.

Huntley

[103]Jan 15, 2012
    • level: 4

marcdragicevic wrote:
    Ruffmanfan882 wrote:
    They call it season 4 b because season 4 was supposed to have 26 episodes and as 2 different production codes.
    Who said Season 4 was supposed to have 26 episodes?
    In early 2010 Nick renewed the show for a fourth season with 26 episodes. You can find a March 2010 article discussing that here: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2010/03/18/icarlys-miranda-cosgrove-imake-seven-figures/45375/

Apparently KevinBrogers is stalking me now. He somehow ended up on AussieLegend's page trying to act all high and mighty. I swear, he just can't stop amazing me can he.

Edited on 01/15/2012 8:23pm
    Edited 2 total times.

marcdragicevic

[104]Jan 15, 2012
    Umm the link never said anything about making the whole 26 episodes in the 1 season. They mean adding on to the total count, not the season count. Silly.

Oh really, 'AussieLegend?' Is he on the wikipedia page as well?

Huntley

[105]Jan 15, 2012

marcdragicevic wrote:
    Umm the link never said anything about making the whole 26 episodes in the 1 season. They mean adding on to the total count, not the season count. Silly.

Sure seemed like it to me: THR reports that Miranda Cosgrove, start of Nickelodeon hit iCarly has signed a new deal with Nick that will pay her in the mid to low seven figures to complete the next 26 episodes of iCarly. Those 26 episodes will take iCarly's run to 96 episodes."

It was apparent that Season 4 was to have 26 episodes, but Dan split them up during production and shot half that amount since it seems he couldn't shoot them all at once in time to do Season 2 of "Victorious". He shot the other 13 during the spring/summer of 2011 which became a whole new production season (their 4th), but before he got to shoot those episodes, Nick renewed the show for another season in 2012 with 13 episodes they put out as their fifth production season as a result of the split up of the third production season.

marcdragicevic wrote:
    Oh really, 'AussieLegend?' Is he on the wikipedia page as well?

Yep. Apparently when I asked Brogers if he was stalking me, he said that he was there to follow up on a discussion he did with Aussie. I didn't see any topic on the page regarding him, and he then tells me to look back in the archives back in May 2011. Did you read that correctly? MAY.

Edited on 01/15/2012 8:45pm
    Edited 2 total times.

marcdragicevic

[106]Jan 15, 2012
    Nah, because - it says to complete the next 26 episodes of iCarly. Nothing to do with how many episodes there will be in the season. But yeah.

Did Dan actually say there was going to be the 26 episodes in Season 4?

- That's strange as. Not much you can do about it really.

Huntley

[107]Jan 15, 2012

No, but he split up production so that had an effect on that one. But I think if he had not did that the entire season probably would have had 26 episodes. The show was renewed a third production season in 2009 as you can read about here: http://seriesandtv.com/cancelled-shows-2009-icarly-gets-renewed-for-a-new-season-by-nickelodeon/1985. Then we learn that there were 26 episodes were ordered, so if we do the math that means 26 were ordered specifically for that season.

I've yet to question Brogers on that and don't really want to start a fuss on Aussie's page now.

Edited on 01/15/2012 8:53pm

marcdragicevic

[108]Jan 15, 2012
    Not sure about the 26 episode a season part, because the first season wasn't even 26 episodes to start with.

Cancelled shows?? Hmm - Okay but what are we gonna do for all the iCarly episode guides. Split up Season 2 or not. (Nick. doesn't have it split up but the tv broadcast does. I would probably say - 'split up.')

What's your view though?

Huntley

[109]Jan 15, 2012

Split up. As I've pointed out, some sites follow the production cycle, others follow the broadcast cycle. It's not a big deal but it got turned into a contradictory issue here on Wikipedia I'm hoping gets resolved. As for the 26 episodes, Nick sure got fond in the show by June 2009. Plus, don't forget Season 2 had a whole 45 episodes produced, but on Dan's part since he admitted on his blog that they had an insane schedule and just didn't know when to stop. Then there was this interview with Nathan who said towards the end of production that they were pushing for 45. I tried to find the link of that for you since I was reading it the other day, but I came across this other interview from August 2009 instead where he clearly supports the broadcast split. I'm so nailing this resolution where it hurts: http://www.thestarscoop.com/interviews/nathan-kress-exclusive-interview/

Edited on 01/15/2012 9:11pm
    Edited 2 total times.

marcdragicevic

[110]Jan 15, 2012
    Yeah, I know that. Not sure why they do it though but anyhow.

Hmm it depends what the other cast members say about it as well.

" Last season we shot 45 episodes as our second season, which we basically counted as two. So right now, they're airing what we're calling our third season, even though when we were shooting it, it was still our second season. " - Nathan Kress

That's actually a very interesting point by Nathan. That makes perfect sense. So we will leave it as a split then. Agree?

Huntley

[111]Jan 15, 2012
    Yeah! We did it! You know Marc, I never would have found that if it wasn't for your comments. Thank you so much for helping in this cause.

marcdragicevic

[112]Jan 15, 2012
    Found which part exactly? What Nathan said here? - ' Last season we shot 45 episodes as our second season, which we basically counted as two. So right now, they're airing what we're calling our third season, even though when we were shooting it, it was still our second season. " That's alright. So, it's decided that the season that is airing right now. It's called 'Season 5 - Broadcast' then.

Huntley

[113]Jan 15, 2012
    No, I mean your comments overall that lead to me to that link and finding it. I read what was in it on a separate web page before I posted it here.

marcdragicevic

[114]Jan 15, 2012
    Ahh, I get ya. That's fine.

Now, who runs the iCarly wikipedia site?

Huntley

[115]Jan 15, 2012

As far as I'm concerned, no one. There's just editors there and I already posted that link and talked about it on the discussion page where me and Brogers had our ever-so-long debate on the issue in. We should be getting things reverted rather shortly now.

Edited on 01/15/2012 9:36pm

marcdragicevic

[116]Jan 15, 2012
    Oh really, ahh. I noticed recently that Season 2 and Season 3 were combined on wikipedia. Hopefully you will win the argument against Brogers. Is he arguing that Season 2 and Season 3 should be combined?

Huntley

[117]Jan 15, 2012

I wouldn't be surprised if he did. He haven't responded yet nor has Aussie read it. But he's likely going to use the excuse he did when I brought up the press release article that referenced the broadcast cycle 8 months ago and say that it's old information: "All the information referencing the production cycle afterwards discards all of that". What an excuse. The thing with the press release he tried to backhand regarding their comments on the DVD release of Season 4 labeled "The Complete 3rd Season" a month later. Like really? Even after explaining around that which surprises me he would even question it first of all, he still tries to make a big deal about that when he was replying on Aussie's page. I seriously wanted to hit this guy through his computer screen.

Edited on 01/15/2012 9:51pm
    Edited 2 total times.

marcdragicevic

[118]Jan 15, 2012
    I wouldn't be surprised either from what I've heard. Ahh maybe he is sleeping or something, kinda late in America at the moment.

Well the Production and Broadcast cycle are different for this show. Most shows, they are the same; but this show it's not.

Not srue why Nick. releases dvd according to the production cycle though.

Huntley

[119]Jan 15, 2012
    As I suggested, the production cycle is still accounted for. It had to be considering all those episodes were part of the Season 2 production cycle, so it makes sense they're all released on DVD labeled as such. Plus, look at when Season 5 was labeled premiering. Not with "iLost My Mind" but with "iDate Sam & Freddie", the first episode of the season produced for some strange reason.

marcdragicevic

[120]Jan 15, 2012
    Nick. should really show episodes in order though.

For Victorious, Christmas Tori was actually the start of Season 3.

Nick's promo had another episode as the premiere of Season 3. The one that airs later this month. Strange, incorrect promos.