We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Season 2 never split

Huntley

[241]Jan 23, 2012
    • level: 4

marcdragicevic wrote:
    What type of source do I have to find for them to believe the Season 2 Production was split into 2 broadcast seasons?

Apparently something that's not a blog for starters. We're still fighting to use Dan's blog and get people to understand that he wasn't confused on the issue itself as Kevin keeps putting out. Just pretty much anything that looks reasonable to go with what we have so far. If you can't find anything, then just share your defense on the sources we have.

Edited on 01/23/2012 4:26pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

marcdragicevic

[242]Jan 23, 2012
    • level: 21
    Interesting, because I believe there has been 4 production seasons / 5 broadcast seasons. There has to be something that we can find that they'll believe.

Huntley

[243]Jan 23, 2012
    I think we found enough. Their only complaint is that it doesn't hold up to Wikipedia's standards or if it does (like the Nick press or Nathan's interview) then they'll find someway to get around it.

marcdragicevic

[244]Jan 23, 2012
    Wikipedia standards are quite low. Nathan's interview must be enough for them though. You need to knock some sense into them.

Huntley

[245]Jan 23, 2012
    I know. That and the press statement. Kevin just seems to be letting the Nathan interviews slip passed him since he doesn't say much on them. But he's certainly trying to get passed the May 2011 Nick press statement where they reference the broadcast Seasons 2 and 3 clearly stating that the episodes on the "iLove iCarly Collection" came from those two seasons. He first complained with the fact that the press later talked about the release of Season 4 as "The Complete 3rd Season" in June. So? They talked about the DVD release of Season 3 as "Season 2: Volume 3" three months before in February 2011. What the heck do you think Season 4 was going to be titled as and why should that mean anything? It's clear with how "Season 3" was released on DVD the production labels are being accounted for here due to the production cycle. Then Kevin is also complaining with the fact that the press never listed which of the 2xx coding episodes on the set (the coding all the episodes on the set have) goes in which season. Um, we have the two opening intros to do that. But then he and Alec were arguing how opening intros don't mean anything depicting a new season. I argued that they do with lots of shows and certainly did with iCarly, considering the "Season 3" episodes were all directly coded 227-245 with the exception of one episode that was coded 223 that even had the opening and counted in the airing third season episodes.

marcdragicevic

[246]Jan 23, 2012
    Yeah. Nathan's interview should be good enough for them. Why is he trying to get passed some sources for.

Strange as all that. Why do they think season 2 wasn't actually split.

pscf3

[247]Jan 23, 2012
    • level: 16
    Because production-wise, it wasn't. All the "Realible Sources" go by the production cycle. Wikipedia has always gone by the broadcast cycle, and it shoudnt change now.

Btw, I added a new response on there, Huntley.

marcdragicevic

[248]Jan 23, 2012
    Though sources seem to go by the production cycle. Not sure why the broadcast season can't just go by the production cycel though.

Huntley

[249]Jan 23, 2012
    Marc, I think we had that conversation. I was saying how it was wise for the network to split up the 45 episode second season production so that it wouldn't look to weird going from a season of 25 episodes to 20 episodes, to like 10 episodes than it would be going from a season of 45 episodes all the way down to a very short one.

marcdragicevic

[250]Jan 23, 2012
    Okay then. Fair enough.

marcdragicevic

[251]Jan 23, 2012
    By the way, that wasn't a question. Already know why though, I was wondering. That's all.

Ruffmanfan882

[252]Jan 24, 2012
    • level: 6

With email I got, I thing season 2 was split but season 4 was not and season 4 had 26 episodes all together. No that c ould of happened. I know Wikipedia is always picky on sources. They use to use tv.com but now they say its no good. With Dans blog it is very reliabel but I do think dan was confused at a point but was like 50% sure on it.

Huntley you can try to contact Dan this way Dan.Schneider@nick.com or Daniel.Schneider@Nick.com

Edited on 01/24/2012 1:47pm

marcdragicevic

[253]Jan 24, 2012
    Why do they say tv.com is no good for? Nothing wrong with it though.

Nah - Season 4 always had the 13 episodes that was it.

Ruffmanfan882

[254]Jan 24, 2012
    They say tv.com is not reliable because information submitted from fans of the show. They don't even like IMDB now.

pscf3

[255]Jan 24, 2012
    I never have, never will, trust imdb. And I actually was a supporter a the 4b thing, but I just gave in to popular vote.

marcdragicevic

[256]Jan 24, 2012
    Ruffmanfan882 wrote:
    They say tv.com is not reliable because information submitted from fans of the show. They don't even like IMDB now.

Wait? You can't be serious right. Everything is moderated here though. Wikipedia, basically anyone can edit it without moderation. What sources do they trust now then?

Ruffmanfan882

[257]Jan 25, 2012
    marcdragicevic wrote:
    Ruffmanfan882 wrote:

Wait? You can't be serious right. Everything is moderated here though. Wikipedia, basically anyone can edit it without moderation. What sources do they trust now then?

They want press releases, and other reliable stuff, I know everything is moderated here but the don't trust it. For IMDB, I don't rember the excat reason, I read this somewhere and they said the don't take tv.com, and IMDB as sources.

Huntley

[258]Jan 25, 2012
    Ruffmanfan882 wrote:

With email I got, I thing season 2 was split but season 4 was not and season 4 had 26 episodes all together. No that c ould of happened.

It couldn't have. The third season production was split because Dan only shot half the episodes of Season 4. As a result, the second half he shot later in 2011 became a whole new season production which is why the coding for those episodes had the 4xx in them. The ones being shot this year has 5xx coding in them hence why that's being called the fifth season.
    Ruffmanfan882 wrote:
    I know Wikipedia is always picky on sources. They use to use tv.com but now they say its no good. With Dans blog it is very reliabel but I do think dan was confused at a point but was like 50% sure on it.

He wasn't. The purpose of the blog was to tell people when Season 2 was going to end and when "Season 3" was going to air. Not if the 45 episodes of the season production were being broken up into two broadcast seasons. Going by his blog, the split issue was already settled, it was just about the air date of when one season was going to end, and when the other one was going to begin.
    Ruffmanfan882 wrote:

Huntley you can try to contact Dan this way Dan.Schneider@nick.com or Daniel.Schneider@Nick.com

I commented on his twitter three times already and has yet said anything back to me. So I doubt I would want to message him from those email accounts. I even messaged Miranda on her Youtube account a couple days ago and haven't gotten anything back yet. I swear what is with Hollywood people? They just don't seem to respond to anything, and when they do it's surprising.

Ruffmanfan882

[259]Jan 25, 2012
    There busy people, So they might not have time. You could just let Wikipedia do what they want. Each site can do it how they want to put the seasons. If they want to say its season 5 let them. Its not going to do any harm of anything or the world is not going to end. Just call it the season what you want to. Some are calling it season 4 or 5. Here's what someone said on the iCarly wiki
    I agree that the season being filmed is Season 5 Technically I still consider iLMM and Season 4 because Dan said Nick was allowed him to add 12 more episodes, but just to go only w/ wiki and other admins calling it season 6. No matter what season you call it. Still excited let it be.

I was only saying that the 4th season was not split.

pscf3

[260]Jan 25, 2012
    Youtube and twitter aint gonna get you nowhere, Jabrona. I've about given up on wikipedia.