We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official Spam Discussion

Freddimamay

[161]Feb 11, 2010
    • level: 4

A cute little Spam vid a girl made me, she's actually made me two. Which is pretty awesome since she's a Seddier, she has a lot of Seddie/Creddie and other iCarly vids too if you're interested

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH7u_7xDNFw

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

marcdragicevic

[162]Mar 4, 2010
    • level: 21
    Freddimamay wrote:

A cute little Spam vid a girl made me, she's actually made me two. Which is pretty awesome since she's a Seddier, she has a lot of Seddie/Creddie and other iCarly vids too if you're interested

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH7u_7xDNFw

Oh, that's nice of her.

Freddimamay

[163]May 4, 2010

K, so I thought I'd revive this thread to prove that a true shipper can find significance in almost ANYTHING-its all up to interpretation. And for this task I bring you;

The Reasons iWont Cancel the Show had Spam-Y Undertones and Foreshadowing Laughing

(now, considering Sam wasn't even in this ep, I'm sure there'll be lots of disagreement. But hey, they're just my opinions and there's plenty of other threads to go play in. So let me have my fun, lol) Now on with it!!

1. Spencer's line "I have a date...with a real woman"

In the opening scene Spencer explains to Carly that he has a date with a real woman, much to Carly's confusion. IMO Spencer has gotten to the point where maybe he needs to distract himself from feelings he may be having towards a certain not-so woman. Now before the pedo-bashers attack, let me clarify that I don't mean dirty feelings. I mean the warm, comfortable one's you get when you're hanging out with someone who totally gets you. Where everything's easy and fun and you know you can be yourself with that person because they're on the same page as you. For him, I think it would be hard for anyone here to deny-that right now in his life, Sam is this person for him.

Now for Spencer, it's probably hit him where it hurts. Because currently it would be viewed as "wrong/weird", so he decides it'll never work and he should be with a WOMAN, not his teenage sister's best friend. Cause he's an adult-right>? Right? Well, anyway...next!

2. Cucumber Water

Spencer's cucumber water is essentially fancy pickle juice!! Why is that significant you're wondering? Well it's not forwardly obvious, but if you're ME and you're trying to get into Spencer's head, the subtext screams Sam. In the opening scene to iGive Away a Car (one of my favs!) after their adorable little exchange about talking bellybuttons, Sam later waits until she knows Carly and Freddie are out of sight and runs back to pound down the rest of the pickle juice. I find this very interesting. She knows Creddie would never understand, but Spencer will. Perhaps she's even seen him guzzle back a jar himself once in awhile.

Now why I relate that back to this particular scene is that, it's entirely possible that they've talked about that day. Moreso, they could have even come up with the "cucumbers grumpy cousin" joke together! At the very least, it's almost impossible that Sam didn't cross his mind as he dropped the sliced pickles in clean water (and chugged back the jar juice, lol) And I mean really, he managed to pick up all the other ingredients he needed; Chickens, yams, almond butter, mushroom tartlets!! but not cucumbers??? Come on!

3. "Filling in for Sam whoooooos....."

Nothing too special here, I just find it amusing to watch Spencer's face. HAHA! As he steps forward to explain to the audience why they must watch him instead, it's almost as if he catches himself before he says something that may incriminate her. Like he might have said "...filling in for Sam who's in juvie tonight after shoving a hot dog...blah blah blah" but realized it would screw up her defense possibilities, he's being protective. And I'm sure he knows her well enough to know she probably has a plan for getting out of it, lol. Anyway it's not much but it's possible

4. Just the perfect way in which he re creates Sam's Cowboy

Someone pays attention. Thats all I have to say about that

5. Spencer's Interactions with his Date

Okay, so how freaking obvious is it that it takes Spencer absolutely NO TIME at all to realize that Candace (or any girl like her) would drive him completely insane?! He's having fun upstairs, doing the things he normally does with all of them. By the time she's discussed the mushroom tartlet story, everytime he comes down--he's itching to get back up. And truly, I don't think he really cared about being caught anymore. The way he remains baby Spencer even after she walks in-kills me. I get the feeling he's trying to show her a little part of the real him and see what happens. He understands she's confused so he DOES break character for a moment and asks for 5 minutes--but her reaction clinches the deal for him. She's done.

In all honesty, I completely believe he spit on her on purpose!! He wasn't really choking, and he could've turned his head any direction-that spit take would have to be aimed to end up where it did. And then he even MOCKS her!! The faces he makes while saying "that wasn't very sophisticated" crack me right up!!! Then she calls them all "FREAKS" to which Baby Spencer replies "BYE BYE PANTYHOSE!" LMAO!!! And is it just me or doesn't it sound like he says "bye bye panty (insert garden tool here!)" It was all so funny, he knows where he belongs. And on top of it, you know he knows Sam will see it one day.

The whole episode was quite fantastic for my little shipper heart, because it's realistic. If Spam were to ever happen, the age dynamic has to be addressed. For me this was a good episode to show how it might affect Spencer. I don't feel Sam has any problems with it-she's probably had a crush on him for years -as many girls do on their best friends older brother. It just a really interesting story to unfold over the series, and certainly not something thats really been done in quite this way.

I realize these are my interpretations to the characters behavior, but even Dan must have a plan and thought to what motivates these characters week after week. I think he's unconsciously created an adorable little love story we get to watch unfold...or at least we could. Just think how cute it would be if the show's on for a few more years and all the taboo aspects are behind us. Its a relationship that would've grown from father figure, since it's probably pretty likely Spencer has done more to raise Sam over the years than her parents. To friendship when she was old enough to care for herself and they could relate to eachother. To an eventual adult romance...its a love story, and an original one. There's nothing out there quite like Spam. And I think thats why I love them so much. Also I think me being older helps me overcome the age thing because I get that the day will come where it wont be a problem anymore. I know lots of couple with giant age gaps.

Anyway people thats my 2 cents~thanks for reading if you did Wink

Edited on 05/04/2010 9:32pm
    Edited 2 total times.

sockstar

[164]May 5, 2010
    • level: 12
    You should post that to the LJ Communities or something lol, that was awesome

Freddimamay

[165]May 5, 2010

Thanks Sockstar!!

I tried but apparently my computer sent a one letter post through for moderation first, so I guess I have to wait awhile....not sure how long. But I definitely will, lol.

sockstar

[166]May 5, 2010
    You should put it up at The Shay Loft instead.

Freddimamay

[168]May 9, 2010

....lots on my mind after iBelieve in Bigfoot.....but standing out "Sexy Dance"!!! yup yup

vanillacupcakes

[169]May 12, 2010
    • level: 16

I am a partial Spam shipper and I thought I should stop by to comment on the amazing hidden Spam moments Freddimamay posted. I actually noticed the cucumber/pickle water thingtoo when I saw that episode.

krisiten

[170]May 15, 2010
    • level: 5

I'm not really much of a Spam shipper, but dang..there was a lot in ibeleive in bigfoot.

Freddimamay

[171]May 28, 2010

Cheers to you both!

hardcorefakes

[172]May 31, 2010
    • level: 7

no offense but i really dont see spam happening

vanillacupcakes

[173]May 31, 2010

It's still a fun couple to ship. They have really cute moments that make me smile. I'm not a hardcore indepthshipper, but I enjoy Spam moments. I wonder if there will be any Spam in iPsycho?

ImSoLucky

[174]May 31, 2010
    • level: 13

Spam is extremely gross, no offense to those who support them

frontman19

[175]May 31, 2010
    • level: 14

hardcorefakes wrote:

no offense but i really dont see spam happening

Of course it isn't going to happen, but people find it fun to support and I see no problem with them supporting it.

sockstar

[176]May 31, 2010
    I find it funny that people will post up "this is sick/gross" or "this isn't going to happen" when it's Spam/Cam, but if you do that to the other ships their supporters will be pissed off.

If anyone doesn't like Spam, why inform everyone? Just leave it alone.

Freddimamay

[177]Jun 8, 2010

^^Word Sockstar.

IMO Seddie is even less likely than Spam (and I completely stand by that!) Age is just a number, their personalities/relationship work really well, unlike Seddie's. But I don't go into the Seddie thread just to say that lol

vanillacupcakes

[178]Sep 11, 2010
    This thread has been dead. I had to flip through 9 pages to find it. Aww, where are you people? In iSam's Mom, I find it cool that Spencer would just make Sam breakfast at 4:00 in the morning. Gotta love them. I wonder if there would be a lot more Spam shippers if Spencer was younger? People just look at the fact that they have a big age difference. Come on, they are just amazing and the Spam scenes are just hilarious. :p Who cares about age?? I hope they do get their own subplot sometime soon. ^Yeah, I've converted from a light shipper to a pretty decent shipper just from watching iDate a Bad Boy again.

sockstar

[179]Sep 12, 2010
    If spencer was an 17 year old high school dropout or something and he was still "spencer" I think Seddie wouldn't have got off the ground lol. Everyone would be Spam+Creddie shippers.

vanillacupcakes

[180]Sep 12, 2010
    Lol. I think I'd still ship both Seddie and Spam. They're both very different, but I think many of the Seddie shippers would switch to Spam anyways. *sigh* Well maybe in iGet Pranky there will be some Spam. I would love for them to prank each other, just because it could live up to the "paintball war" epicness.