We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official Spam Discussion

abz08

[121]Mar 6, 2009
    • level: 15
    Oh, and I forgot to mention... on one of Jennette's blogs she was talking about an episode she had just finished filming, or was filming at the time... and I see something vaguely Spam-y upcoming.

Apparently Jerry and Jennette were singing songs together...? Whatever it is, it sounds great and I can't wait to see it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

katywishing100

[122]Mar 7, 2009
    • level: 15
    abz08 wrote:
    AndreaMSkate wrote:
    I wonder what Jennette and Jerry would think of this pairing...
    I feel like they would like it... I mean, well... *ahem* This isn't the place for real person shipping, is it? Whoops. Anyway - I'M a serious shipper!!!! It's a twelve-year age difference, which is arguably an eleven year age difference depending on the definition of canon and why someone said a certain thing. But really, that's no big deal. None. At all. Buuuuuuuuuuut.... Second season as of late has been hitting it out of the park. iWin a Car had a Sam/Spencer moment I'm STILL squealing about (with all it's naughty innuendos included). XD Sam knows his thinking look. I just - there are no words. None. iRocked the Vote they had an entire side-plot to themselves. What else can I even say about that? There was something else that was HUGE for me, but I can't remember it... I love this show's canon.
    I have never even thought of Sam&Spencer before, but now you got wheels turning in my head. It would be totally illegal, but shes not that far away from 18.

paperclip12345

[124]Apr 18, 2009
    • level: 2
    im really dorry but i think that spam is never gonna happen. but at least its not as disgusting as scarly(sam and carly... ew!

64-pack_Anna

[125]Nov 14, 2009
    paperclip12345 wrote:
    im really dorry but i think that spam is never gonna happen. but at least its not as disgusting as scarly(sam and carly... ew!

Actually, the pairing you're referring to is Cam. And people can ship whatever they want - gonna happen or not.

Anyway, I mainly ship Spam because "What'cha cookin' there, handsome?" in iStage An Intervention suggests Sam thinks of Spencer as more than just a friend.

MEandChad4ever

[126]Nov 15, 2009
    • level: 4

hmm...I don't think this is going to happen. He's twice her age. I'm sure Spencer thinks of Sam like a little sister, sice he's known her since she was 8. And it would be really awkward for Carly if her best friend dated her brother. Also, this is a kid's show. Some parents might get freaked out if they find that their kid is watching a show where a 27 year old is dating a 14 year old. They'll think Spencer's a pedophile.

64-pack_Anna

[127]Nov 17, 2009
    MEandChad4ever wrote:

hmm...I don't think this is going to happen. He's twice her age. I'm sure Spencer thinks of Sam like a little sister, sice he's known her since she was 8. And it would be really awkward for Carly if her best friend dated her brother. Also, this is a kid's show. Some parents might get freaked out if they find that their kid is watching a show where a 27 year old is dating a 14 year old. They'll think Spencer's a e.

Actually, if Sam doesn't WANT it, it would be considered pedo. But if she DID share the same feelings, it wouldn't be considered pedo.

I think coming from Sam this actually wouldn't be much of a surprise. Have you seen how much trouble her family gets in already?

And we all are seriously aware that it won't happen because of the age difference, but we choose to ship it anyway. It's fun to ship; will happen or won't happen.

schillingklaus

[128]Nov 18, 2009
    • level: 12

Age difference is irrelevant, and I don't care about what Schneider wants to make happen. I'm the world's one and only Spencer Shay/Zoey Brooks worshipper (which is even more impossible to happen in Schneider's head than Spam, as Schneider put them deliberately into different shows), and that's a diff of 10 years, thus only slightly less than Spam.

While I don't like Spam, I definitely ship Quincy/Prodigy (the roles of J. Trainor and J. MacCurdy in the upcomiung movie Best Player - even a bigger age diff than Spam).

Freddimamay

[129]Dec 15, 2009
    Yup, I'm also aware it'll never happen....unless the show goes long enough for Sam to be over 18...but I ship it anyway The whole part 2 of iDate a Bad Boy is so Spam-y. I guess I don't find it weird because Spencer is so immiture and Sam is older in some sense because her family life is so bizaar. Jerry and Jenette have awesome comedic chemistry, always good laughs!

schillingklaus

[130]Dec 16, 2009
    • level: 12
    Ships are not limited to the few years of canon, of course.

fryman1701

[131]Dec 19, 2009
    • level: 7

Was watching iGive away a car earlier today, and the scene where Sam and Spencer are sitting on the couch, Sam looks at Spencer, and you can almost see something in both their eyes. I know I am reading into things a little, but isn't that what this topic is all about. I just love how well the two characters know each other, Sam recognizing Spencers "idea" expression is just cute as hell.

Freddimamay

[132]Dec 19, 2009
    fryman1701 wrote:

Was watching iGive away a car earlier today, and the scene where Sam and Spencer are sitting on the couch, Sam looks at Spencer, and you can almost see something in both their eyes. I know I am reading into things a little, but isn't that what this topic is all about. I just love how well the two characters know each other, Sam recognizing Spencers "idea" expression is just cute as hell.

The opening scene in that ep with them is super cute too. When he runs in all excited and she guesses his belly button started talking to him. I love how he looks at at her when he goes "Uh no..........but that'd be so cool" Ah Spam, a far fetched guilty pleasure

fryman1701

[133]Dec 30, 2009
    So again with iGive away a car, the look they share when she runs back down the stairs and drinks the pickle juice. Kinda "I know you won't say anything about this to Carly and Freddie, it can just be our little secret" That ep is just full of Spam

Freddimamay

[134]Dec 31, 2009

fryman1701 wrote:
    So again with iGive away a car, the look they share when she runs back down the stairs and drinks the pickle juice. Kinda "I know you won't say anything about this to Carly and Freddie, it can just be our little secret" That ep is just full of Spam

You're right, she totally doesn't care if he see's. She'd never let Carly/Freddie know because they'd probably be grossed out. She knows Spencers cool like that, lol. Again tho the look he gives her with the belly button comment makes me melt.

So I was watching iHurt Lewbert yesterday and I noticed something interesting. There's a scene that starts out with Sam and Freddie at the computer and Sam says something about how much trouble they could've been in. Then Freddie says "Do you ever think of anyone but yourself?" And she says that she could but that she chooses not to. So whats my point?? In the same scene Spencer comes in dressed in the doorman uniform, and goes to get his ribs from the fridge. Naturally, Sam has eaten them. What I find interesting is that she took the time to make the bones into a necklace for him. So if she really doesn't care about anyone else, why would she bother to do that? And she's completely sure this will make up for it "You ate my ribs???" "I made the bones into a necklace!" It was her peace offering to him for stealing his food. Like she's ever had kwams about stealing food.

I dunno I just find it meaningful that this is in the same scene where she claims not to care about anyone else's feelings.

fryman1701

[135]Jan 6, 2010
    rewatched iDate a Bad Boy this morning, and had forgotten how much Spam there was. Between the wet hair scene (Shampow!), the couple of psychobabble scenes, and the part where Sam actually beats the crap out of Spencer in the monster suit, this ep is chock full of Spammy goodness.

Freddimamay

[136]Jan 7, 2010
    I love that half of the episode!!! It's all amazing. Of course there's the wet hair bit, but then it goes into SPencer noticing she's not herself and offering his best to help her even tho he really has no idea. And when he can't help he still doesn't want her to leave "Wanna see what happens when I stick my Shampow in the toilet??" The psych scene is just awesome because they're so the same about food. What I don't get is why it's dark outside but then he says "lunch?" Weirds me out everytime, lol. But the last scene is the sweetest because at this point he's realized he can't stop her dreams in the way he suggested, yet still really wants her to not have them. So he makes her soup, leaves her a note dresses up and waits for her to show up?!?! It's so great, he's an angel and it shows how much he really cares about Sam. Yes iDate a Bad Boy is one of my favs, it's a Spam sub plot--easy WIN. Like it will be in iSaved Your Life

fryman1701

[137]Jan 8, 2010

Some Spammy goodness at the end of iGot Detention, in the Javacuzzi. Guess who's right next to each other, right in the middle of the group? Yup, Sam and Spencer. At one point, she is almost right in front of him.

fryman1701

[138]Jan 9, 2010
    iStage an Intervention, right after Spencer beats Sasha's score, he high fives Carly and Freddie, but hugs Sam

TheSchwab

[139]Jan 9, 2010
    • level: 11
    Spencer isnt a pedophile.

Freddimamay

[140]Jan 9, 2010

Oh Schwab, this again? No he's not. Luckily for him being in love with Sam doesn't make him a pedophile, however if he touched her against her will it might. But I'm pretty sure that wont happen on this show. You know Spencer and Sam aren't very much further apart in age than my parents. As long as their relationship stays PG13 for the next 2 years, they can be as in love as they want. They're perfect for eachother, she just needs a couple years on her. I get the feeling tho that you totally see what we're talking about because you keep bringing up the completely baseless argument of pedophilia (which in NO way reflects whats going on between them) as why Spam doesn't exist. I think as a hardcore Seddier, you may just have a hard time admitting it

And Fryman--Yes! I totally noticed that too. I love in iMove Out how she first shares the love of puppy pee and then later how they share a giggle over her jack slapping the guy at the Frozen Oval. It excites me to no end how amused Spencer always is with Sam's horrible behavior as long as it isn't directed at him. Pure awesome!