We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official Spam Discussion

iskabibble07

[102]Jun 20, 2008
    • level: 13
    AndreaMSkate wrote:
    So who here is a serious shipper of this pairing?
    I created the thread several months ago out of curiosity and on a whim. But it created a lot of outrage. There are little moments in the show like when Sam called Spencer "handsome" or when he had her model for him. But it doesn't seem strong enough to justify a ship. So I would not call myself a serious shipper or this or any other pairing.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

shybaby13

[103]Jun 20, 2008
    • level: 15
    I really don't think nick would ever let "spam" happen. I do know a couple that was happily married but had over a ten year age difference.

Nature9000

[104]Jun 20, 2008
    • level: 9
    Yeah, but right now it wouldn't look right. Those couples were not like 14 and 27 when they married, most likely it was after the girl was 18, or guy...

crzza

[105]Jun 20, 2008
    • level: 49
    Nature9000 wrote:
    He's 31, he was born in 1977, it is now 2008. I'm not going to argue with you about facts....Of course that's Jerry, Spencer himself is actually 26 on the show....I see what you mean now, I thought you meant the actor lol, my bad. But yeah...
    Yeah, I was about to say.... where the .... did you get that?

blazingstone

[106]Jun 20, 2008
    • level: 8

Just because it ain't gonna happen doesn't mean people should stop shipping it.

And I'm pretty sure the Spam shippers are well aware this ship will never come true...

Funny thing is, I've got a friend who watches iCarly. She's a casual watcher, and doesn't go on boards or forums for it or anything. We were watching it today, and out of the blue, she goes "dude, sometimes I think Sam and Spencer are just gonna hook up one of these days".

I just grinned and reminded her of the age difference.

She laughed and said "so wrong but so right".

xD

ger5632

[107]Jun 20, 2008
    • level: 24
    blazingstone wrote:

And I'm pretty sure the Spam shippers are well aware this ship will never come true...

Funny thing is, I've got a friend who watches iCarly. She's a casual watcher, and doesn't go on boards or forums for it or anything. We were watching it today, and out of the blue, she goes "dude, sometimes I think Sam and Spencer are just gonna hook up one of these days".

xD

your friend is so cool! i totally agree with her

iskabibble07

[108]Jul 20, 2008
    ger5632 wrote:
    blazingstone wrote:

xD

Yeah its pretty obvious that Sam likes Spencer but I am not sure that is not just "big brother" liking. But he is one of hte few people she is nice to on the show.

blazingstone

[109]Aug 4, 2008

iskabibble07 wrote:
    Yeah its pretty obvious that Sam likes Spencer but I am not sure that is not just "big brother" liking. But he is one of hte few people she is nice to on the show.

Haha that's true. I wouldn't be surprised if she developed some sort of crush on him either. It wouldn't be that unheard of.

I thought it was cute when she stayed in to model for him for three hours. "Why did I have to stay?" "I get lonely" xD

Ah, and there was that scene where she and Carly entered, and he was cooking. She goes "Whatcha cookin' there, handsome?" I was a little surprised. She seems to be very comfortable with him.

AndreaMSkate

[110]Aug 4, 2008
    iskabibble07 wrote:
    ger5632 wrote:
    blazingstone wrote:

xD

I think it's more that she has this great, unspoken respect for Spencer, because he's witty in his own way, and also for being her best friend's older brother and guardian. I don't see anything more than that.

Fireofnature

[111]Aug 4, 2008
    AndreaMSkate wrote:
    iskabibble07 wrote:
    ger5632 wrote:
    blazingstone wrote:

xD

I think it's more that she has this great, unspoken respect for Spencer, because he's witty in his own way, and also for being her best friend's older brother and guardian. I don't see anything more than that.

I agree completely, any more than that is just illegal and far too controversial for a Nick show anyway.

AndreaMSkate

[112]Aug 5, 2008
    ^ Yeah. And yet we all seem to enjoy talking about it anyway.

iskabibble07

[113]Aug 6, 2008
    AndreaMSkate wrote:
    ^ Yeah. And yet we all seem to enjoy talking about it anyway.
    Probably because its "naughty" lol

64-pack_Anna

[114]Dec 30, 2008
    • level: 2
    I LOVE this pairing so much.

I hear comments like "Eeeeww! That's disgusting! It's a kid's show people! Come on! There's like 13-year age difference!" all the time. But I just sigh and say "One day when Sam turns 18, it won't matter."

I actually think this pairing is cuter than Carly/Freddy.

"So who here is a serious shipper?"

*raises hand high* Me!

[115]Dec 30, 2008
    64-pack_Anna wrote:
    I LOVE this pairing so much.

I hear comments like "Eeeeww! That's disgusting! It's a kid's show people! Come on! There's like 13-year age difference!" all the time. But I just sigh and say "One day when Sam turns 18, it won't matter."

I actually think this pairing is cuter than Carly/Freddy.

"So who here is a serious shipper?"

*raises hand high* Me!

If spencer was younger, and Sam was older, this would be cute. Although I'd still love seddie more.

dylan-luver

[116]Jan 4, 2009
    • level: 10
    i swear one day Sam will admit to Carly that she has a crush on her brother. i have a HUGE crush on Jerry trainor and Spencer. yes, i am a girl, not a guy like some people think. i just think he's hot in a way, and i'm only 15. we have a 15 year difference, he turns 31 Jan. 21st.

IHeartSB

[117]Jan 7, 2009
    What I would really like to see is for someone to have a friend who has a sister who is around Spencer's age that he likes more than anyone he has ever dated and for him to pursue her for a couple of episodes and maybe date her for at least half a season. My pick for the friend would have to be Gibby. I hope he has a hot sister that would eventually date Spencer. It would give him more of a reason to be on the show. About the Spam thing, that's just wrong on so many levels, not to mention how illegal it is and inappropriate for Nick to actually do anything about. However, she should one day (probably in a discussion about her new found romantic interest in Freddie) tell Spencer that she thinks of him like the brother she never had (I'm assuming Sam is an only child). That is about the closest thing to romance between these two that we are ever going to get. It would be the sweetest thing if it does happen.

[118]Jan 8, 2009
    IHeartSB wrote:
    What I would really like to see is for someone to have a friend who has a sister who is around Spencer's age that he likes more than anyone he has ever dated and for him to pursue her for a couple of episodes and maybe date her for at least half a season. My pick for the friend would have to be Gibby. I hope he has a hot sister that would eventually date Spencer. It would give him more of a reason to be on the show. About the Spam thing, that's just wrong on so many levels, not to mention how illegal it is and inappropriate for Nick to actually do anything about. However, she should one day (probably in a discussion about her new found romantic interest in Freddie) tell Spencer that she thinks of him like the brother she never had (I'm assuming Sam is an only child). That is about the closest thing to romance between these two that we are ever going to get. It would be the sweetest thing if it does happen.

Yea that'd be cool, like not tell him who it is or something.. and ask for advice saying something like "So there's this guy" And spencer knowing right away who it is...

_Suki_

[119]Feb 9, 2009
    • level: 2

41225525557 wrote:
    IHeartSB wrote:
    Yea that'd be cool, like not tell him who it is or something.. and ask for advice saying something like "So there's this guy" And spencer knowing right away who it is...

It'd be funny if Sam did realize she likes Freddie (Seddie is my main iCarly ship) and does go to Specer for advise... picture this scene

S: "so there's this guy"

but instead of Spencer knowing she meant Freddie he thinks she has a crush on him for an episode (or two) and then have Spencer being the responsible adult and telling her that they couldn't work out, then Sam cracks up lauging

S: "you thought I meant you?!? No... You're like my brother, besides why would I go to you for advise if the guy WAS you?!"

then Spencer gets disapointed that Sam didn't have a crush on him (maybe not because he likes Sam but because he thinks he must be unattractive)

Sp: "so you don't have a crush on me?"

S: "well I did but that was like... A year ago"

P.S Spam is my secondary ship

abz08

[120]Mar 6, 2009
    • level: 15
    AndreaMSkate wrote:
    I wonder what Jennette and Jerry would think of this pairing...

I feel like they would like it... I mean, well... *ahem* This isn't the place for real person shipping, is it? Whoops.

Anyway - I'M a serious shipper!!!!

It's a twelve-year age difference, which is arguably an eleven year age difference depending on the definition of canon and why someone said a certain thing. But really, that's no big deal. None. At all.

Buuuuuuuuuuut....

Second season as of late has been hitting it out of the park.

iWin a Car had a Sam/Spencer moment I'm STILL squealing about (with all it's naughty innuendos included). XD Sam knows his thinking look. I just - there are no words. None.

iRocked the Vote they had an entire side-plot to themselves. What else can I even say about that?

There was something else that was HUGE for me, but I can't remember it...

I love this show's canon.