We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official Spam Discussion

senor_fritz

[21]Apr 14, 2008
    • level: 20

Lol, when I ran across the Sarly thread, I literally thought--why not just create a 'spam' thread and therefore cover all bases as far as fandom couples go. And here we have it.

Seriously though, I love this ship in theory largely because of the combo name--'Spam'. How awesome is that. And funnily enough, I find it much less disturbing than Sarly.

This will be one of those renegade ships that'll be huge in the fanfiction fandom community, if only because there's just about zippo chance that it'll materialize in canon. Can't wait for your fanfiction, abz.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

iskabibble07

[22]Apr 15, 2008
    • level: 13
    senor_fritz wrote:

Lol, when I ran across the Sarly thread, I literally thought--why not just create a 'spam' thread and therefore cover all bases as far as fandom couples go. And here we have it.

Seriously though, I love this ship in theory largely because of the combo name--'Spam'. How awesome is that. And funnily enough, I find it much less disturbing than Sarly.

This will be one of those renegade ships that'll be huge in the fanfiction fandom community, if only because there's just about zippo chance that it'll materialize in canon. Can't wait for your fanfiction, abz.

Its natural that we will test drive about every combination you can think of, even the disturbing ones like Sarly. Spam brings Spencer into the mix but that is thin ice because to take it into even more disturbing territory, Sparly is downright outrageous.

So since Freddie is the only age appropriate guy in the core cast, maybe Framarly would be another step and let us play around with the idea of a love triangle. How terribly sinful and European and completely off the table on a children's show. So fan fiction crazies, take it from there!

abz08

[23]Apr 15, 2008
    • level: 15

senor_fritz wrote:
    Can't wait for your fanfiction, abz.

A huh. *rolls eyes* Well, you'll be waiting a long time. There are only so many fandoms/couples I can take on at once. iCarly has not, as of yet made it into priority seating. But it's got my creative side tingling with possibilites. *shrug* ---

O_O Omg, iskabibble07! My brain may never be the same again... ---

Okay, extremely dirty thoughts. >.< I hate you for that. But it's a very interesting concept. And a better love triangle than some I have seen in my other fandoms... :D

rini124

[24]Apr 16, 2008
    • level: 8

While I usually like some Best friend/brother situations, I'm not crazy about this one. Spencer is like 10+ years older than Sam and that's a bit too big of an age difference for me.

On being brightened up by Spencer, Spencer is hilarious XD He probably brightens up most people.

yugaton88

[25]Apr 17, 2008
    • level: 22
    Spencer is 26 or 27 now, and Sam is 13 or 14, that's 12+ years of age difference, creepy! I can see a crush, but definitely NOT a relationship.

crzza

[26]Apr 18, 2008
    • level: 49
    Yeah. That would be WEIRD.

yugaton88

[27]Apr 18, 2008
    crzza wrote:

It would be illegal and wrong in so many ways.

iskabibble07

[28]Apr 18, 2008

yugaton88 wrote:
    crzza wrote:

Your right that it would be illegal if they became a real couple and like "all the way" kind of couple stuff. But not illegal if people crush on each other. Happens all the time. If people went to jail for crushing, most junior high and high schools would be put in jail. LOL

abz08

[29]Apr 18, 2008
    iskabibble07 wrote:

yugaton88 wrote:
    crzza wrote:

Your right that it would be illegal if they became a real couple and like "all the way" kind of couple stuff. But not illegal if people crush on each other. Happens all the time. If people went to jail for crushing, most junior high and high schools would be put in jail. LOL

So true! Crushing isn't wrong, and even a relationship wouldn't be wrong... Just if things got *ahem* heated. Or, well... if they got caught. XD I mean, CURRENTLY it would definitely be a bad idea, since she's 13/14. Once she gets to be seventeen or eighteen she'll pretty much be an adult, and possibly things might start to happen after she's sixteen. They don't have to be serious, they just have to be interested. Possibly casually dating. *shrug* There are TONS of possibilities, and the excite me. XD

yugaton88

[30]Apr 18, 2008
    abz08 wrote:
    iskabibble07 wrote:

yugaton88 wrote:
    crzza wrote:

So true! Crushing isn't wrong, and even a relationship wouldn't be wrong... Just if things got *ahem* heated. Or, well... if they got caught. XD I mean, CURRENTLY it would definitely be a bad idea, since she's 13/14. Once she gets to be seventeen or eighteen she'll pretty much be an adult, and possibly things might start to happen after she's sixteen. They don't have to be serious, they just have to be interested. Possibly casually dating. *shrug* There are TONS of possibilities, and the excite me. XD

I know, I was talking about dating.

crzza

[31]Apr 19, 2008
    • level: 49
    That would be really akward if they got together.

abz08

[32]Apr 19, 2008
    crzza wrote:

Ahh!! But the plot-bunnies! They attack! ---

Don't you see that awkward-ness could make it SO UNBELIEVABLY interesting?!?!?! ---

It makes me all squealy inside. And warm fuzzies and such. XD I DEFINITELY think that Spencer could be the guy that makes Sam giggly and love-struck and actually caring toward more than just her? Make her care about him? ---

My gawd - the plot-bunnies are amazing. Such angst!

iskabibble07

[33]Apr 20, 2008

abz08 wrote:
    crzza wrote:
    Ahh!! But the plot-bunnies! They attack! --- Don't you see that awkward-ness could make it SO UNBELIEVABLY interesting?!?!?! --- It makes me all squealy inside. And warm fuzzies and such. XD I DEFINITELY think that Spencer could be the guy that makes Sam giggly and love-struck and actually caring toward more than just her? Make her care about him? --- My gawd - the plot-bunnies are amazing. Such angst!

Not to mention the conflicting feelings Spencer would be going through. It's wrong but he cannot deny his own heart. The heart wants what it wants. The flirting, Carly beginning to notice the chemistry. And then an epi where all of a sudden Sam starts becoming all girly becuase of the crush. It would make a good ongoing subplot and would put sizzle into each week.

Let us know if you do any fan fiction on it so we can all go check it out.

abz08

[34]Apr 20, 2008
    iskabibble07 wrote:

abz08 wrote:
    crzza wrote:
    Ahh!! But the plot-bunnies! They attack! --- Don't you see that awkward-ness could make it SO UNBELIEVABLY interesting?!?!?! --- It makes me all squealy inside. And warm fuzzies and such. XD I DEFINITELY think that Spencer could be the guy that makes Sam giggly and love-struck and actually caring toward more than just her? Make her care about him? --- My gawd - the plot-bunnies are amazing. Such angst!

Not to mention the conflicting feelings Spencer would be going through. It's wrong but he cannot deny his own heart. The heart wants what it wants. The flirting, Carly beginning to notice the chemistry. And then an epi where all of a sudden Sam starts becoming all girly becuase of the crush. It would make a good ongoing subplot and would put sizzle into each week.

Let us know if you do any fan fiction on it so we can all go check it out.

Oh yes... the conflicting feelings would be the best part! And not just for Spencer either - I'm sure Sam would have some conflicting feelings too... despite the fact we all know Sam doesn't actually care a lot about anyone's feelings but her own. Carly though, is one of those people that Sam cares about enough. ---

Not so sure about the whole Sam becoming girly aspect though... The flirting - most definitely. Chemistry could start to become noticable, yes... XD ---

Some ideas have been floating around my head... I'll do my best to at least write a one-shot. I'll post it here if I do. ---

But Ooh! A sub-plot 'wrong' kind of crush would be AWESOME!!! Ah, well - there's hope. Drake and Josh HAVE kissed quite a few times and tons of gay subtext exists there... this could happen too!

iskabibble07

[35]Apr 25, 2008
    I watched Ispy on bad teachers this week. There is a part of the show where Sam comes over and is alone in the apartment with Spencer to model for his sculpture. Naturally, its very innocent and sweet and of course, funny. But that is a very freindly thing to do not to mention possibily romantic. And when she asks why she is there and he says, "I get lonely", we were right on the verse of Spam land.

primallynx

[36]Apr 25, 2008
    • level: 14

I can see this idea as an episode.

Maybe Sam does have a crush on Spencer and it becomes problematic, so he has to have the "responsible talk" with Sam and let her down easy.

Then she says something cryptic like she's over her crush on Spencer and moved on to someone more available.

Could be good.

And now time for horrible ship ideas:

Frewbert = Freddie and Lewbert, maybe Freddie could put a camera in the wart.

Spriggs = Spencer and Ms. Briggs, bagpipe sculptures.

Gibley = Gibby and Carly, so weird to think about.

Sammett = Sam and Emmett, they do both like to eat.

abz08

[37]Apr 25, 2008
    iskabibble07 wrote:
    I watched Ispy on bad teachers this week. There is a part of the show where Sam comes over and is alone in the apartment with Spencer to model for his sculpture. Naturally, its very innocent and sweet and of course, funny. But that is a very freindly thing to do not to mention possibily romantic. And when she asks why she is there and he says, "I get lonely", we were right on the verse of Spam land.
    YES!!! iSpy a Mean Teacher IS a really good Sam/Spencer episode, or at least the sculpture part. XD I mean, he tells her he's astonished she hasn't modeled for a sculpture before, and tells her she'd be perfect for it... But then even after she gets angry (kind of) he explains, very nicely, and very sweetly - that he gets lonely. D'aww! ---

The down-side of that episode though (in which I can still find the bright side of) is that we actually see a girlfriend of Spencer's - and like iDon't Want to Fight - we see how much he actually dates and all that kind of stuff. But since he was a guy that was endlessly amused by a girl's juggling. So, basically - his inner child lives on. Which is good as far as maturity and his connection to Sam.

primallynx wrote:
    I can see this idea as an episode.

Maybe Sam does have a crush on Spencer and it becomes problematic, so he has to have the "responsible talk" with Sam and let her down easy.

Then she says something cryptic like she's over her crush on Spencer and moved on to someone more available.

This is a good idea. Well, or if people were to think that Sam had a crush on Spencer - and then it becomes this HUGE issue, in which everyone (but Sam) is freaking. But then they start to confront her about it, Spencer included (I love Spencer's adult/older brother moments) - but then Sam is clued in and says, 'Um, no - I don't like him.' But then of course she's lying, and being cryptic, and for all the nit-pickers... they read the signs wrong in the first place! But then Sam has a little smile, and WE know what really happened, while Spencer sits, confused - and now the idea is in his head! Yay! ---

That might be a reasonable fanfic idea - and similar to one I had while shopping like two weeks ago (muahahaha!) ... but other than that - reasonable Spencer/Sam plot ideas, and ideas are really hard to come by! So once I do get back into a writing streak... a Spam fic might be harder. I will post it here if and when that happens though. XD

iskabibble07

[38]Apr 25, 2008

Sam tells Carly she envies having a sweet older brother. When Sam has a big disappointment, she needs her older brother so Spencer, being the sweet guy he is becomes that brother. We see him holding Sam and being comforting to her just like he would if Carly were sad. When Sam feels better, she gives Spencer a kiss on the cheek and he just giggles and does one of his classic Spencer goofy dances because now he has two wonderful loving baby sisters, not one.

abz08

[39]Apr 25, 2008
    iskabibble07 wrote:

Sam tells Carly she envies having a sweet older brother. When Sam has a big disappointment, she needs her older brother so Spencer, being the sweet guy he is becomes that brother. We see him holding Sam and being comforting to her just like he would if Carly were sad. When Sam feels better, she gives Spencer a kiss on the cheek and he just giggles and does one of his classic Spencer goofy dances because now he has two wonderful loving baby sisters, not one.

Which episode is that? Awww! I wanna see it!

Wedgie317

[40]Apr 25, 2008
    I can't believe what the minds of you people come up with. It's amazing.