We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official Spam Discussion

MusicAddictBabe

[181]Sep 13, 2010
    • level: 18
    Yeah. I sort of agree. I really don't mind Spam, but with all the ships, I don't think of them much as more than friends at the moment. I think friendship moments are nice. I honestly don't know where I stand on the shipping thing.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Freddimamay

[182]Sep 15, 2010
    • level: 4

That kinda goes along with what cupcakes was saying. Because probably if Spencer was younger, the potential shift from 'friendship' to 'ship' would be obvious. Everything about them but the age fits almost perfectly.

You know how sometimes when ships get together on sitcoms-it ceases to be as funny? With Spam, I really feel like they would only be funnier together because everything about their interactions is both cute and hilarious!!! Cheers to Jerry and Jennette really because it's all them.

And agreed also the utter adorableness of Spencer's "ok." To her request for eggs, its 4 in the morning and she just broke into their home, in much the same way she came in in iDABB I think he knew it was her, thats why he brought a suck duster, LOL. Jk.

MusicAddictBabe

[183]Sep 15, 2010
    • level: 18
    They are amazing actors Here's to them! *holds up bottle OF...soda* lol

vanillacupcakes

[184]Sep 15, 2010
    • level: 16
    Jennette and Jerry are definitely my favorite actors out of the whole show. I agree that they make Spam a really fun and light-hearted ship. If different actors played Sam and Spencer and they delivered the same lines differently, then I may have not loved Spam as much as I do now. I should have seen "The Best Player".

teenj12

[185]Sep 16, 2010
    • level: 26
    vanillacupcakes wrote:
    Jennette and Jerry are definitely my favorite actors out of the whole show. I agree that they make Spam a really fun and light-hearted ship. If different actors played Sam and Spencer and they delivered the same lines differently, then I may have not loved Spam as much as I do now. I should have seen "The Best Player".

I agree VC. The ship is still perverty .

Freddimamay

[186]Sep 18, 2010

Then I guess I'm a pervert, lol.

Best Player already came out??? I'm not in the US :/ wonder if I can find it online..

vanillacupcakes

[187]Sep 19, 2010
    Actually I guess it didn't. I thought I missed it, but there's still hope to watch it. I really don't know when that is supposed to air yet. I guess you can call me a pervert too. xD Hehe.

nevergrowingup

[188]Sep 24, 2010
    • level: 3

Being between Spencer's given age on the show, and Jerry Trainor's actual age, (which means I'm either 31 or 32, take your pick ;P ) with younger siblings, I feel as though I have something to add to this discussion. Yes, more stories lol .

Bear with me, as this is kind of disjointed, but hopefully I make some sense.

Ahem:

Besides an older brother, I have two younger siblings, who are 9 (brother) and 12 (sister) years younger than I am. When we were all living together, I was attending higher education (artistic training) while they were going to regular school.

I made it a point to distance myself from them to a point when they had friends around, as I had my own friends, and also didn't want to interfere with their social lives.

Despite this, they happily introduced me, and whatever girl I was seeing at the time, to their friends.

Their friends thought I was cool because I played video games, did art stuff, yet was still an adult. My brother's friends also drooled over the girls I dated .

My brother's first GF actually remarked to him that she thought I was cooler than he was. He didn't talk to me for a week, lol.

I had to explain to him that I had zero interest in his GF, and not just because she was underage, but because the difference in mentality that appears as one goes from a teenager, to young young adult (18 - 21), to young adult (21 - 25), etc. We had a Spam-ish relationship, in the sense that we had water balloon wars during the summer, bagged on stuff we both thought was stupid, etc. His jealously actually prompted a talk between her and I, in front of him, that clarified that we had absolutely NO romantic feelings for each other. I mention this, because Sam and Spencer's interactions with each other are very similar to the way my brother's GF and I interacted and, while "cute", are simply that, and nothing more.

I'll wrap up this post by mentioning that there is a 2.5 year old youtube video, in which, in between publicity photos, Nathan debunks rumors that he's dating Miranda/Jennette, and Jennette debunks rumors that she's dating Jerry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbkvgWGqHKw

I'm not sure how much sense I'm making, but I felt compelled to share, partially because of the parallels, and because Sam and Spencer are my two favorite characters on the show.

P.S.: My brother called me while I was typing this up, and I reminded him about it (he's in college now). We had a good laugh.

teenj12

[189]Sep 24, 2010
    nevergrowingup wrote:

Being between Spencer's given age on the show, and Jerry Trainor's actual age, (which means I'm either 31 or 32, take your pick ;P ) with younger siblings, I feel as though I have something to add to this discussion. Yes, more stories lol .

Bear with me, as this is kind of disjointed, but hopefully I make some sense.

Ahem:

Besides an older brother, I have two younger siblings, who are 9 (brother) and 12 (sister) years younger than I am. When we were all living together, I was attending higher education (artistic training) while they were going to regular school.

I made it a point to distance myself from them to a point when they had friends around, as I had my own friends, and also didn't want to interfere with their social lives.

Despite this, they happily introduced me, and whatever girl I was seeing at the time, to their friends.

Their friends thought I was cool because I played video games, did art stuff, yet was still an adult. My brother's friends also drooled over the girls I dated .

My brother's first GF actually remarked to him that she thought I was cooler than he was. He didn't talk to me for a week, lol.

I had to explain to him that I had zero interest in his GF, and not just because she was underage, but because the difference in mentality that appears as one goes from a teenager, to young young adult (18 - 21), to young adult (21 - 25), etc. We had a Spam-ish relationship, in the sense that we had water balloon wars during the summer, bagged on stuff we both thought was stupid, etc. His jealously actually prompted a talk between her and I, in front of him, that clarified that we had absolutely NO romantic feelings for each other. I mention this, because Sam and Spencer's interactions with each other are very similar to the way my brother's GF and I interacted and, while "cute", are simply that, and nothing more.

I'll wrap up this post by mentioning that there is a 2.5 year old youtube video, in which, in between publicity photos, Nathan debunks rumors that he's dating Miranda/Jennette, and Jennette debunks rumors that she's dating Jerry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbkvgWGqHKw

I'm not sure how much sense I'm making, but I felt compelled to share, partially because of the parallels, and because Sam and Spencer are my two favorite characters on the show.

P.S.: My brother called me while I was typing this up, and I reminded him about it (he's in college now). We had a good laugh.

I seen the video. Thanks for your perspective.

Dan-239

[190]Sep 24, 2010
    • level: 2

Did you guys see lastest the iGet Pranky Sneak Peek.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e1kY8sdJjk

Spam

sockstar

[191]Sep 24, 2010
    • level: 12
    OMG

teenj12

[192]Sep 24, 2010
    Dan-239 wrote:

Spam

OMG! This is big! Lol @ Sam and Freddie hitting the glass.

nevergrowingup

[193]Sep 25, 2010

teenj12 wrote:
    Dan-239 wrote:

Spam

OMG! This is big! Lol @ Sam and Freddie hitting the glass.

Hitting the glass = ani-gif in the near future

Wow. The SPAM ship just got an engine upgrade lol.

I had a crush on two of my high school teachers, the same year, both blondes, both in their late 20's. The girl that I first saw (see Seddie thread) at the end of 6th grade started my blonde attraction. My "Sam" was a brunette.

nevergrowingup

[194]Sep 25, 2010

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc495/smprsnonln/Seddie-Glass.gif

Better quality after the episode airs, enjoy!

Edit - Still trying to get the gif into my post. Fail. So here's the link. Am I too new to link to images? I've never had this problem before...

Edited on 09/25/2010 1:22am
    Edited 6 total times.

vanillacupcakes

[195]Sep 25, 2010

Omfg that promo.

I had to go to the basement to watch this because I was like squealing with joy. I literally got out of my seat and acted hysterical. Sam's crush on Spencer is canon. Yesssss. Plus Spencer knows now too. Smiley face overload.

Hmm well I may have had a crush on a friend's older brother when I was about 13, but it faded after 6 months or so. Nothing happened, nothing big.

@nevergrowingup: For some reason photobucket gives me issues, so I use tinypic. Did you use the IMG code for it?? Actually, you probably know 10000x more about anything relating to computers than me. I'm probably not much help.

nevergrowingup

[196]Sep 25, 2010

vanillacupcakes wrote:

Omfg that promo.

I had to go to the basement to watch this because I was like squealing with joy. I literally got out of my seat and acted hysterical. Sam's crush on Spencer is canon. Yesssss. Plus Spencer knows now too. Smiley face overload.

Hmm well I may have had a crush on a friend's older brother when I was about 13, but it faded after 6 months or so. Nothing happened, nothing big.

@nevergrowingup: For some reason photobucket gives me issues, so I use tinypic. Did you use the IMG code for it?? Actually, you probably know 10000x more about anything relating to computers than me. I'm probably not much help.

Hey VC. I actually did try tinypic/imageshack/etc, before setting up a photobucket account as a last resort. I've tried all combination of codes, and it it displays fine when I enter the code, but when I click preview/post, it's gone. I've even edited the HTML source directly, and still no dice.

I appreciate your input in trying to help me. Difference in experience isn't everything, I find it's "thinking outside the box" that makes the difference. Thanks all the same .

I couldn't help but smile when Sam let out that little gem.

Freddimamay

[197]Sep 25, 2010

LMAO!! I KNEW it! Oh I'm a happy little shipper!~

AllieAllie

[198]Sep 25, 2010
    • level: 22

Just saw the ep now D: I didn't think she actually was crushing on him. XP still think this ship is pervy tho

KJLwriter

[199]Sep 26, 2010
    • level: 8
    I liked the episode. Yeah, I just saw the part now when Sam says she has a crush on Spencer. I find Spencer's face after that really funny.

xtinemachine90

[200]Sep 26, 2010
    • level: 2

I am a Spam shipper, so of course I loved the little Sam confessing her love to Spencer scene in iGet Pranky. However, unlike some other shippers I understand that nothing will ever become of Sam and Spencer because of the age difference and the fact that it is a kids show. I just enjoy their little moments, its cute. And I happen to like older men myself so I guess I just want to insert myself into the show To be honest I don't even understand why people argue over ships. If Dan knows what he is doing, and I believe he does, there will never be a winning ship. I think the only way any of the iCarlys will truly get together is at the very end of the series because what fun is it really watching two people in a relationship? The flirting is the interesting part.

PS-I am new here:]