We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official Spam Discussion

nevergrowingup

[201]Sep 27, 2010
    • level: 3

xtinemachine90 wrote:

I am a Spam shipper, so of course I loved the little Sam confessing her love to Spencer scene in iGet Pranky. However, unlike some other shippers I understand that nothing will ever become of Sam and Spencer because of the age difference and the fact that it is a kids show. I just enjoy their little moments, its cute. And I happen to like older men myself so I guess I just want to insert myself into the show To be honest I don't even understand why people argue over ships. If Dan knows what he is doing, and I believe he does, there will never be a winning ship. I think the only way any of the iCarlys will truly get together is at the very end of the series because what fun is it really watching two people in a relationship? The flirting is the interesting part.

PS-I am new here:]

She confessed "a little crush", not love.

I do notice that girls tend to go for older guys. Every girl I've dated, save for one, has been younger than me.

Also: Welcome to the forum!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

xtinemachine90

[202]Sep 27, 2010
    • level: 2

Haha I knowshe said "little crush", but in mymind it was a totallove confession lol. I like to makethings dramatic

And thank you!

vanillacupcakes

[203]Sep 27, 2010
    • level: 16
    Well I guess girls do like maturity so they go for older guys...but Spencer really isn't like most guys now is he? Also do you think she has had a "little crush" since she first met him? Like others have said, I don't really see Spam getting together as a couple. However, I do expect them to have their moments.

xtinemachine90

[204]Sep 27, 2010

vanillacupcakes wrote:
    Well I guess girls do like maturity so they go for older guys...but Spencer really isn't like most guys now is he? Also do you think she has had a "little crush" since she first met him? Like others have said, I don't really see Spam getting together as a couple. However, I do expect them to have their moments.

I think she has always had a thing for him. Actually when the show started I was a little surprised that there was no crush mentioned. I expected there to be that typical girl's friendobviously drools overgirl's older brother thing. But there wasn't a hint of anything till now.

vanillacupcakes

[205]Sep 27, 2010
    Well in season 1 she did go to Carly's house when Carly wasn't even there. I'm not sure if the "Whatcha cooking there handsome?" line was from season 1 or 2 but there could have been some hints that it was a little crush.

MusicAddictBabe

[206]Sep 27, 2010
    • level: 18
    I thought that was kind of cute.

The thing I like about this ship is that a lot of us can relate...who hasn't had a crush on a friend's older sibling?

xtinemachine90

[207]Oct 2, 2010

There wasn't really any Spam in iSell Penny Tees as far as I could see. However, after watching the promo I am really excited for iDo! I mean there was tons of Spam in just the preview. It is basicly Sam looking at Spencer's butt and then commenting on it. And then having Spencer rip food out of her mouth haha. I am pumped!

Here is the iDo promo for anyone who hasn't seen it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8_d0c528r8

Freddimamay

[208]Oct 5, 2010
    • level: 4

xtinemachine90 wrote:

There wasn't really any Spam in iSell Penny Tees as far as I could see. However, after watching the promo I am really excited for iDo! I mean there was tons of Spam in just the preview. It is basicly Sam looking at Spencer's butt and then commenting on it. And then having Spencer rip food out of her mouth haha. I am pumped!

Here is the iDo promo for anyone who hasn't seen it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8_d0c528r8

Agreed! There's definite Spam in the Promo, I'm pretty stoked. He doesn't care when Freddie says he's a horrible choice, but Sam says he's got a flat but and he RIPS FOOD FROM HER HAND?!?! (really, who else could get away with this other than Carly??) And says it's "Too Far". Then he's still obsessing about her opinion of his butt later when he makes the apples comment L

I'm super stoked for it!! Honestly, it's funny because everyone said the Spam ship was impossible, but I would just crack right up if it's the ship he sailed first. Like, it's a tv show. Jennette, Miranda and Nathan all look soooooo much older as it is, he could just be like "TWO YEARS LATER" and Bam~they're 18! LOL I know I'm fantasizing, but it really seems like he's trying to bring the ship to light for those who may have never noticed it before. He wants to exploit Jerry and Jennette's chemistry, and WHY NOT!?!?! Like have you guys seen this

http://www.youtube.com/user/danwarp?blend=1&ob=4#p/u/3/WUbuivzBTMo ??? They're great together!! Even Nickelodeon knows it, thats why they put them in Best Player together. lol

Anyway, there's a lot of Spam lovers who go "Well, they have a great cute friendship, but that'll never work" And then when she's suddenly old enough flip completely over. I hope so, because it's by far the best pairing on the show and very degrassi type storyline (only waaaay funnier) Degrassi is a kids show too, they'd attack the topic~it could be done is all I'm sayin.

I gain more faith in my ship little by little every year!!

xtinemachine90

[209]Oct 6, 2010

Freddimamay wrote:

xtinemachine90 wrote:

Agreed! There's definite Spam in the Promo, I'm pretty stoked. He doesn't care when Freddie says he's a horrible choice, but Sam says he's got a flat but and he RIPS FOOD FROM HER HAND?!?! (really, who else could get away with this other than Carly??) And says it's "Too Far". Then he's still obsessing about her opinion of his butt later when he makes the apples comment L

I'm super stoked for it!! Honestly, it's funny because everyone said the Spam ship was impossible, but I would just crack right up if it's the ship he sailed first. Like, it's a tv show. Jennette, Miranda and Nathan all look soooooo much older as it is, he could just be like "TWO YEARS LATER" and Bam~they're 18! LOL I know I'm fantasizing, but it really seems like he's trying to bring the ship to light for those who may have never noticed it before. He wants to exploit Jerry and Jennette's chemistry, and WHY NOT!?!?! Like have you guys seen this

http://www.youtube.com/user/danwarp?blend=1&ob=4#p/u/3/WUbuivzBTMo ??? They're great together!! Even Nickelodeon knows it, thats why they put them in Best Player together. lol

Anyway, there's a lot of Spam lovers who go "Well, they have a great cute friendship, but that'll never work" And then when she's suddenly old enough flip completely over. I hope so, because it's by far the best pairing on the show and very degrassi type storyline (only waaaay funnier) Degrassi is a kids show too, they'd attack the topic~it could be done is all I'm sayin.

I gain more faith in my ship little by little every year!!

Hmm thats interesting actually, I didn't think about that. Yeah saying someone is a bad choice is way worse than saying they have a flat butt. I was also thinking, and it is very possible that I am just making things up now, but right after Freddie says "He's a bad choice for a woman" Spencer very quickly glances in Sam's direction. Now think about what Freddie said, "bad choice for a WOMAN". Soooowhois he agood choice for? Maybe someone who is not yet a woman? Just grasping at straws here. I think I've watched this promo one too many times with my shipping goggles on!

vanillacupcakes

[210]Oct 6, 2010
    I didn't catch that! Nice job there. I think there will be a lot of Spam in this episode. I also agree that I ship them as an actual couple and I could see it happening. You never know. Is she 16 now?? Well...she's almost legal. IDK it would be interesting if they had a flash forward. People are so into Creddie/Seddie they wouldn't expect it if Spam was the first couple to get together.

teenj12

[211]Oct 6, 2010
    • level: 26
    vanillacupcakes wrote:
    I didn't catch that! Nice job there. I think there will be a lot of Spam in this episode. I also agree that I ship them as an actual couple and I could see it happening. You never know. Is she 16 now?? Well...she's almost legal. IDK it would be interesting if they had a flash forward. People are so into Creddie/Seddie they wouldn't expect it if Spam was the first couple to get together.

Technically..isn't Creddie the first couple to get together?

Freddimamay

[212]Oct 7, 2010

technically, but I guess I meant more from the perspective as a couple that could get together and stay together and still be funny without changing the writing of the characters.

Its debatable how old Sam is. They're all around 16, but on the Season 1 Soundtrack, there's a clip where Freddie says she was held back in garde 3, making her maybe 17. But that mighta just been a little boo boo that'll never be brought up again.

Edited on 10/07/2010 5:39pm

teenj12

[213]Oct 7, 2010
    • level: 26
    Freddimamay wrote:

technically, but I guess I meant more from the perspective as a couple that could get together and stay together and still be funny without changing the writing of the characters.

Its debatable how old Sam is. They're all around 16, but on the Season 1 Soundtrack, there's a clip where Freddie says she was held back in garde 3, making her maybe 17. But that mighta just been a little boo boo that'll never be brought up again.

In NY,at 17 you can date (18+). Idk about Seattle.

xtinemachine90

[214]Oct 7, 2010

I think it would be really cool if they did somehow get together, however if it doesn't happen then oh well. I feel like so many shippers (especially Seddie) are so crazy about their ship. Like they would go out of their head if their ship didn't end up working out. I just think it is fun looking through the episodes for little Spammy moments. So as long as Spam hints are thrown in every now and then, I'll be okay. Hell, I'd even call it a win if somehow Spencer's feelings for Sam were announced but then nothing ever happened between them.

sockstar

[215]Oct 8, 2010
    • level: 12

teenj12 wrote:
    Freddimamay wrote:

In NY,at 17 you can date (18+). Idk about Seattle.

Seattle is in Washington, where the age of consent is 16.

vanillacupcakes

[216]Oct 8, 2010

sockstar wrote:

Seattle is in Washington, where the age of consent is 16.

So is Sam legal(or almost legal)? Heck yesss.

As much asI would love Spam to get together, the moments they have had are enough and I am satisfied with Sam openly admitting to having a crush on Spencer.The fact that they have made it this far is good enough. However I am still hopeful....

Freddimamay

[217]Oct 11, 2010

Okay, I'm gonna have to watch that episode (iDo) one more time before I can truly tell you how much I LOVED it, from a Spam perspective. But like, ummm-ya!! HOly cr@p

Edited on 10/11/2010 6:52pm

vanillacupcakes

[218]Oct 11, 2010
    This episode had a lot of Spam-filled goodness. The Spam moments were the best part of this episode.

xtinemachine90

[219]Oct 11, 2010

Oh man, this was a great episode for Spam! I just watched it for the second time to catch all the Spam moments. Here is a few I noticed... Sam grabbing Spencer's shoulder when saying he had no job. The whole obsession Spencer had with his butt being flat for the rest of the episode after Sam mentioned it. The pure fact that Sam took notice to Spencer's butt along with the obviouseyeing of it. When Spencer was asking the gang ifit wasflat there were many glances from Spencer to Sam. Especially before he makes the "fresh apples" remark, where he is pretty much just staring at her! This shipper is happy. Oh and this has nothing to do with Spam butCOME ONwith the "all naked and wet" comment from Spencer! Is this a kids show or what?

DracoGinny5

[220]Oct 17, 2010
    • level: 1

Ahh I thought I already replied to this but apparently not.Let me try this again. Ok, when I first started shipping Spam I was like aww cute, but there's no way it's gonna happen. When Sam said she had a crush on Spencer in iGet Pranky, my mouth literally fell to the floor because I was like OMG it's canon (at least one sided) now!!!!!!! This was such a big Spam moment, and I think a lot of people are trying to dismiss it or act like it wasn't a big deal, but it was still totally awesome!!!! And after seeing iDo, I was blown away by all the Spammy moments in there! Sam was basically staring at Spencer's butt the whole time and he was STICKING HIS BUTT IN HER FACE to prove to her that it wasn't flat!!!! Oh sigh, such love between them . I can't help but having the teeniest ounce of hope after seeing Spencer and Sam's interaction in Season 4 that maybe this ship will go farther than everyone thought it would...