We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official "iSam's Mom" Episode Discussion

pscf3

[161]Sep 13, 2010
    • level: 16
    Lol, I rewatched the episode, and gunsmoke is HIlarious.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jegolas1973

[162]Sep 13, 2010
    • level: 22

Believe it or not, the name of Sam's mom is Pam. Pam does rhyme with Sam. Coincidentally, on the Mighty B Forums, I created a Honeybee scout who's a likeness of Sam. Her name is Pam.

pscf3

[163]Sep 13, 2010
    We already kew that her name was Pam.

jegolas1973 wrote:

Believe it or not, the name of Sam's mom is Pam. Pam does rhyme with Sam. Coincidentally, on the Mighty B Forums, I created a Honeybee scout who's a likeness of Sam. Her name is Pam.

XEOCX

[164]Sep 13, 2010
    • level: 7

I don't get it. If so many people like this episode, then why does it have such a low rating here? A 6/10? That's close to iMeet Fred's rating and I HATED that episode.

Canada_Michael

[165]Sep 13, 2010
    • level: 10
    frontman19 wrote:

Canada_Michael wrote:

I think this episode clearly showed me that we are headed for a showdown between Freddie & his mom before the series ends. We now have a clearer understanding at least of the relationship between Sam & her mom, & I think they will do something similar with Freddie and his mom. This episode shows that Freddie is treated the same way by his mom as he was at the beginning of the series, there has to be a resolution & explanation of why she is so protective to the extreme. Freddie has to snap at some point IMO.

I mean they already did have Freddie snap once in iMove Out, even if he did move back eventually. I think it would an episode in which find out a bit about Mrs. Benson's past and why she acts the way she does would be really great, but I don't think it will be done, this show is a comedy and the reason she acts that way is because it's funny, I mean if they did an episode that explained it, it would kill the humor in the extreme over-protection.

True but nothing has really changed since iMove Out in their relationship IMO. It's not even the fact that she's over protective but more the way she talks & treats him in front of his friends, that she has to know will embarrass him but does it anyways. I can easily see Freddie's mom locking him up somewhere so he never leaves her.

T7F

[166]Sep 13, 2010
    • level: 7
    XEOCX wrote:

I don't get it. If so many people like this episode, then why does it have such a low rating here? A 6/10? That's close to iMeet Fred's rating and I HATED that episode.

IKR

vanillacupcakes

[167]Sep 13, 2010

XEOCX wrote:

There are a lot of haters who gave it a bad rating before it even aired. I rated it a 10 just for the rating to go up. I did that for the show too, I don't think it's perfect but I want to up the average because it doesn't deserve that. More popularity, more haters. A lot of good shows have low scores.

There are some things about Mrs. Benson that I question. She is insanely overprotective, but she allows Freddie to do some things my parents would never let me do. I guess that is needed for interesting plots, but it does bug me. I still think that Mrs. Benson won'tstop being so invasiveuntil Freddie starts dating Carly or Sam(just assuming he will date one of them). Freddie has already snapped before, so what else could happen for Mrs. Benson to suddenly change?

iCarly317

[168]Sep 13, 2010
    • level: 13
    KJLwriter wrote:
    JAstars wrote:

i just rewatched the episode lol and again it amazed me how much i enjoyed the freddie subplot. While i did like pam and sam and finally getting to see them interact, for me the freddie storyline stole the show. Every scene of it had me loling like crazy. A pleasant surprise since prior to the premiere i was mainly focused on sam's

I just watched it again too. I kind of agree with you. All of the scenes I was laughing a lot were with Freddie's plot. They had the most humor. When we first meet Sam's mom, that's funny. Then, when Carly freaks out in that small room, that's funny. Though, I like Freddie's part in the episode better. I'm not saying that the rest of the show wasn't good, it was. The whole show was really good, but his plot was funnier.
    In the writers' defense, there's only so much humor you can put into Sam and her mom confronting their problems. Although with the humor that they DID put into the plot, they did a pretty good job. With Freddie's situation, there was a lot of ways they could have done it with either humor or drama, but considering this is on Nick, obviously humor was the only way to go.

LampEC

[169]Sep 14, 2010
    • level: 5

So I am new to tv.com! I've been in love with iCarly for some time now. ^_^ I feel like giving an introduction but then at the same time I feel like discussing iSam's Mom.

For some reason this episode didn't seem very iCarly-ish to me. Carly was acting like Sam, Sam wasn't picking on Freddie, Freddie and Gibby checking out girls, Maybe I'm just not ready for this new season. I liked the Freddie sub-plot better than the actual plot, but the part with Carly in the therapy box was hilarious. Carly is growing on me. Gibby is growing off me. I like him better when he wasn't a main character. I think Dan is smart though. Hopefully he'll pick up again and character development will take back some of the spotlight. It might be that Dan is too busy doing iCarly and Victorious at the same time. I also wonder if that's the reason for the episode being a little off kelter. Or maybe that's just me? Anyways I can't wait to see where this season goes.

Also, I hope I don't/didn't annoy anyone with bad grammar or anything! I'm so glad there's a place to share my affinity for all that is iCarly. ^_^

Diamondgrl13

[170]Sep 15, 2010
    • level: 6

Well I guess I'll be the first to say "Welcome!" :-D As far as the episode goes..I sorta agree with you. It did seem a little "off kilter", as I believe your referred to it. I agree about the old Gibby being better than the new Gibby. But I though Jane Lynch did a pretty awesome job as Sam's mom. And Carly's freaking in the therapy box was RIGHT on the border between hilarious and disturbing..lol. The Freddie subplot was..well..it coulda been better, let's just say that. I really wish they'd shown who the hammer guy (or whatever they called him) ended up finding in that apartment..personal theory: it shoulda been Chuck! Even though I know Chuck's not gonna be on the show anymore cuz he's got a new one on Disney XD. I still think that coulda been a good way to sorta write him off the script. Also wish they'd get back to the character development episodes..but I guess they can't ALL be like that as it IS a comedy show. :-/ Still a decent episode.

soPiggylicious

[171]Sep 15, 2010
    • level: 2

@Diamondgrl I'm not sure i follow you with wishing it would go back to character development episodes :s

This was a big episode for giving us a clear view into why sam is the way she is. We actually get to see the interactions with her mom, the constant battles and how that would shape her partly into the person she is today. It also emphasized the depth and impact of carly and sam's relationship. Showing the path her mom takes her on and how carly's influence has balanced things out more for her. I refer to her reconciling with her mom for carly's benefit. And of course the fact her patching things up with her mom is a huge development in and of itself.

hope u don't mind my rambling i just saw ur comment and thought i'd reply to that little part

LampEC

[172]Sep 15, 2010
    @Diamondgrl13 Thanks for the welcome! I'm thinking that I'll have to watch the episode a couple more times to really absorb the whole Jane Lynch thing. Wait...What!?!? No more Chuck? That makes me sad. @soPiggylicious I think Diamondgrl13 was agreeing with what I said. I do agree with you that this episode is actually a good view into why Sam is the way she is, thus making it a "character development" episode. But I don't feel that half an hour is enough time to properly see that relationship. So it didn't feel like it was that kind of episode. Especially considering the fact that we didn't get a chance to see the "iCarly gang" together in this episode. I love it when it's Freddie, Sam and Carly working on a problem together and growing closer by the end of the episode. But of course we had to see Sam and her mom patch things up. Good points.
    Edited on 09/15/2010 9:01am

teenj12

[173]Sep 15, 2010
    • level: 26

Amazing Episode! Freddie's plot was funny,better than I expected. Jane Lynch did her number Cool. Some good acting and all around wonderful.

vanillacupcakes

[174]Sep 15, 2010
    Did Gibby and Tasha break up? If they did, that's kind of a shame because I liked Tibby. Tasha seemed to understand him and love him for his weird self. If they didn't, then shame to Gibby for hitting on those girls while being in a relationship. I saw part of the episode Chuck was on, and IMO it was horrible. I agree with what Piggy said, it showed relationship growth between Carly/Sam and Sam/Pam.

Diamondgrl13

[175]Sep 16, 2010
    • level: 6

@soPiggylicious Ok, that's true..there was some good development in the sense that they showed why Sam acts the way she does (because her mom is such a nut! Like we didn't know that before! lol) but I meant "character development" as in, the iCarly gang as a trio..which there was very little, if any of that in this particular episode. Shoulda been more specific-my bad. :-)

@vanillacupcakes Oh yeah, huh? I never even thought about that!! Good eye! It didn't even occur to me that Gibby had a gf. Hmmmmmm.... :-/....I just found that whole Freddie/Gibby checking out the girls part very uncomfortable to watch, personally..but it's probably because I'm still not used to the new and improved Gibby..lol

Edited on 09/15/2010 11:21pm

teenj12

[176]Sep 16, 2010
    • level: 26
    vanillacupcakes wrote:
    Did Gibby and Tasha break up? If they did, that's kind of a shame because I liked Tibby. Tasha seemed to understand him and love him for his weird self. If they didn't, then shame to Gibby for hitting on those girls while being in a relationship.

I agree,but I knew it would happen.

soPiggylicious

[177]Sep 16, 2010
    • level: 2

@Diamondgrl13 i had a feeling that may have been what you meant by 'character development' lol but i wasn't sure and on the off chance u meant it literally re each character then i wanted to address that no biggy

and re gibby and tasha :s i soo did not think about that. I personally didn't find it awkward, just amusing, maybe bc i totally forgot her LOL Hmmm what do i think? maybe he's jus goofing around? you know, guys chilling with they guy pals and what happens there. I don't really condone it but boys will be boys? i dunno, maybe

LampEC

[178]Sep 16, 2010

I think I just like Chuck for Spencer's reactions. I didn't remember that Gibby was potentially still dating Tasha until I came on the forum. I liked them too together because nobody could believe that someone like Tasha would date someone like Gibby. Although I think Tasha is a little weird.

vanillacupcakes

[179]Sep 16, 2010
    I didn't care for Chuck. I felt he crossed the border of disrespecting Spencer. Even though Spencer is immature, he is still an adult. Still he doesn't get deserved to be murdered by a criminal. Well...nobody does, so hopefully he noticed that whoever lives there looks nothing like Freddie. Tasha was a bit stupid, but then again Gibby isn't the sharpest crayon in the box either.

jegolas1973

[180]Oct 10, 2010
    • level: 22

I do see Jane Lynch on ICarly again. This time, she's Sam thirty years into the future.