We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official "iOMG/Episode #310" Episode Discussion

RemDiamond

[341]Apr 16, 2011
    • level: 5
    Actually, Mrs. Benson has treated Carly worse ever since he got hit by the taco truck. Her interrupting their kissing session didn't make her happy. She's either jealous of the attention Freddie gives Carly or thinks his love for Carly hurt him. It makes him less vulnerable to his mom's crazy ways.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Canada_Michael

[342]Apr 16, 2011
    • level: 10

Freddie's mom doesn't like Carly because she sees her as a threat to her control of Freddie. If the why don't you love my son comment were to be taken seriously her reaction to the iSYL kiss would've been different.

hurr05

[343]Apr 16, 2011

Canada_Michael wrote:

Freddie's mom doesn't like Carly because she sees her as a threat to her control of Freddie. If the why don't you love my son comment were to be taken seriously her reaction to the iSYL kiss would've been different.

ah. i see. well i still think that someone's feelings will get hurt after the crossover between icarly and victorious.

ilivelovemusic

[344]Apr 16, 2011

Canada_Michael wrote:

LOL so Freddie should be with Sam because he is the only one who can tolerate her, or at the very least so Carly doesn't get him. How very romantic I would be more sympathetic but for the fact she likes the way she acts, she knows what's acceptable but doesn't care. To me Sam has been portrayed as a true rebel without a cause. At this point Sam's future looks bleak, if others have to tolerate her to be her friend. The older she gets the less people will be willing to tolerate her IMO.

Sam reminds me of Fonzie on Happy Days. Fonzie grew as a character throughout the series but Sam is pretty much the same person we've met in the first season. Most nice things she's done are at the prodding of Carly, asking Gibby to the dance, apologizing to Freddie for telling everyone he never kissed a girl etc.

Hahaha that IS a good point but you know what we mean. Plus, it's NOT that rare when a guy actually develops feelings for a girl who's tortured him for years and have feelings for her because he loves/likes her the way she is. Not really to the extent Sam has done to Freddie though. I mean I don't think anyone has really done that... It's a comedy show, and it's very exaggerated... In these kinda shows anything can happen, no matter how ridiculous it might be. So whatever Dan decides I know I'll enjoy it anyhow. And I've heard of Happy days and 'the Fonz' but only from 'Friends' other than what you guys talked about I have no idea what that is.

Yeah I think Mrs. Benson doesn't like Carly because she's the one making him grow up. And she's just rude to the Shay's really. Btw.. I've never really noticed, or I just forgot but has Mrs. Benson been rude to Sam? I mean she SHOULD be. Unless she's unaware of all the things Sam has done to her son. But I do have this one theory where she secretly likes Sam because she's one of the reasons why Freddie would need his mom anymore. Like she gives reason for Mrs. Benson to be useful for Freddie.

Edited on 04/16/2011 7:52pm

hurr05

[345]Apr 17, 2011

^ yeah mrs. benson likes sam because it gives freddie an excuse to come running back to her crying.

Fireofnature

[346]Apr 17, 2011
    • level: 13
    Canada...you are seriously making Sam out to be worse than she actually is and you're being so damned hard headed about it too. You may not make her sound like a total b*tch, but you definitely are making her sound like a freaking emotionless bag of crap. It's getting a bit old, to be honest...just saying.

teenj12

[347]Apr 17, 2011
    • level: 26
    Fireofnature wrote:
    Canada...you are seriously making Sam out to be worse than she actually is and you're being so damned hard headed about it too. You may not make her sound like a total b*tch, but you definitely are making her sound like a freaking emotionless bag of crap. It's getting a bit old, to be honest...just saying.

He did bring up good points about all of Sam's nice acts being through Carly (I'm pretty sure some of them weren't), but I thought this was settled, why are you guys arguing again about this?

Canada_Michael

[348]Apr 17, 2011

I didn't think I was arguing but just expressing the way I see things, which seems to bother Fireofnature for whatever reason. I suspect if my posts were pro Sam Fireofnature would not have a problem with them, but because they're not I'm hardheaded .

Edited on 04/17/2011 11:06am

RemDiamond

[349]Apr 17, 2011
    Canada is stating his opinion on Sam. Some of us agree with him.

vanillacupcakes

[350]Apr 17, 2011
    • level: 16
    Basically like everybody said, Freddie is putting more of his attention on Carly than his mother a lot of the time. He spends a lot more time hanging out in her apartment than his own nowadays. He's spending a little more time with Carly and a little less time with his mother. On top of that she's just too overly protective of him, and since he got injured in iSYL, she's going to feel some resentment towards Carly.

She's not very fond of Sam either, but the hate isn't like with Carly. She's basically the opposite of Carly in a way. They are pushing away from each other and there's no way that he would be shift the attention from her to Sam(well at least that's what she thinks). Mrs. Benson is really clingy with Freddie, Sam isn't. She doesn't like the influence Sam has been to Freddie, making him a little less uptight(assuming the extended version of iSYL actually happened), but at least Sam isn't taking Freddie away from her. She probably doesn't even know how to deal with somebody like Sam. Yelling at her and being crazy isn't going to make her stop, so she probably gave up on Sam too.

hurr05

[351]Apr 17, 2011

Sam is the best thing that ever happened to iCarly.

vanillacupcakes

[352]Apr 17, 2011
    • level: 16

Sam Spencer is the best thing that ever happened to iCarly.

I fixed it for you. xP

hurr05

[353]Apr 17, 2011

lol you're right.

carly: how'd you get here?

spencer: in a limo! it's full of fancy drinks and fruits that i've never heard of. (holds up a fruit) this is a guava!!

Canada_Michael

[354]Apr 17, 2011
    hurr05 wrote:

LOL she's not the best thing but she is necessary. Much of the comedy is directly or indirectly due to Sam. Often it doesn't come off as funny over time IMO, but she allows Carly to be the nice reasonable person most of the time.

hurr05

[355]Apr 18, 2011

Canada_Michael wrote:
    hurr05 wrote:

LOL she's not the best thing but she is necessary. Much of the comedy is directly or indirectly due to Sam. Often it doesn't come off as funny over time IMO, but she allows Carly to be the nice reasonable person most of the time.
    it's balanced. sam's aggressiveness balances out carly's daffodil-ness.

ilivelovemusic

[356]Apr 18, 2011
    hurr05 wrote:

Canada_Michael wrote:
    hurr05 wrote:

it's balanced. sam's aggressiveness balances out carly's daffodil-ness.

Yep theyre ying and yang. I love their friendship!

marcdragicevic

[357]Apr 19, 2011
    • level: 21
    For me this is the best episode in the series, but the promos kind of ruined it for me though. They revealed too much information in the process.

teenj12

[358]Apr 19, 2011
    marcdragicevic wrote:
    For me this is the best episode in the series, but the promos kind of ruined it for me though. They revealed too much information in the process.

I agree they revealed to much, but that's what viewers like. They like to see what happens , but in the process, we spoil our selfs.

hurr05

[359]Apr 19, 2011

marcdragicevic wrote:
    sometimes they reveal too much because maybe what they're showing isn't what's really the most important

teenj12

[360]Apr 19, 2011
    hurr05 wrote:

marcdragicevic wrote:
    sometimes they reveal too much because maybe what they're showing isn't what's really the most important

I find this untrue sort of, because they showed the moments leading up to the kiss in every promo aired for the episode.